Spectre Wardrobe(from filming)

Comments

• welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    MrZareba wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:
    hthomas wrote:
    The glasses are more likely the persol 9714.

Any specific reason?

He propably meant PO714, both the 9714 and 714 are very close. But as far as I remember Craig owns a pair of the folding PO714 with brown lenses, it would make no sense for him to buy the 9714 just because he can afford as many as he wants. Still - I think the blue lens version is far more majestic!

EDIT: Bond Lifestyle is also claiming these are the 9714, but to me the temples don't seem to match.

There is a great closeup of DC wearing the Persols on Jamesbond Lifestyle which might help you guys determine the correct model of the 714 variation

See here:

[url]http://www.jamesbondlifestyle.com/news/spectre-photocall-daniel-craig-léa-seydoux-and-dave-bautista-sölden-austria[/url]
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent
    The more I examine these pics, the more I think they're the newer model 9714. The frames do look a bit thinner than the 714s, and the tortoise pattern is a bit more prominent on the 9714s, which is how DC's pair appear to me. Here's a comparison pic from the Persol site -

PersolCompare1r.jpg

I just happen to be wearing my 9714s today (in the 108/58 color combination), and here's what the thinner frame shape and contrasty tortoise pattern look like -

Persol9714r.jpg

Kind regards,
    Craig
    Hi Craig

Have a feeling your right - compared to my 714s the frames on DCs do give the impression that they are thinner!

This seems to confirm it maybe, looks very thin, especially top of frame centre of lens:

150107-daniel-craig-9714-solden.jpg
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    In that case sorry for misleading you gentlemen, I don't own a pair of the 714 so I'm no expert in comparison to you both!
  • DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent
    No apology necessary. I just happen to own a number of Persols and have been a fan for a number of years, so I'm familiar with their models. Remy, who runs Bond Lifestyle, is also a member here, so I believe he's watching this thread carefully for the items we're identifying. Simultaneously, we're looking at the detailed pics he's posting there to help - definitely a two-way street.

If Persol is involved with the film (which I REALLY hope they are), then it would make sense for them to push their new model/style, and that would be the 9714. If not, and they are just DC's, we know he's a Persol fan, so it makes sense to see him sporting them, whether they be the 714s that he's been spotted in or the new 9714s. Part of me doubts that he purchased them himself though - companies are often itching to get celebrity endorsements, and handing out a few items to their stylists and/or PR firms to get into the hands of their clients is just part of how the business works. You can clearly see the payoff in this very thread.

Kind regards,
    Craig
  • TennysonTennyson A View to a KillPosts: 606MI6 Agent
    Tennyson wrote:
    Boots are a logger or linesman boot with that tongue flap thing. Possible an older version of this Danner Quarry
    http://www.danner.com/product/work/quarry/quarry-usa-8-brown.html

The boots are definitely Danner, but not the Quarry as on the website - they are the older Quarry 400G Comp Toe Work Boot -

http://www.chaar.us/danner-mens-quarry-400g-comp-toe-work-boot/

The differences are in the heel cup, the current Quarry has a single piece heel cup, where the older one has the vertical leather strip, also, the pictures on Bond Lifestyle show there is some protective padding in the ankle, again not seen on the current quarry. Danners website makes mention of upgrades to the quarry, so DC has had these for a while!
  • hthomashthomas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 833MI6 Agent
    hey guys, sorry for the confusion if I caused any. I gave the heads up to Remmert about them being 9714s. To me they look much more like them than the 714s.
    instagram.com/dressinglikebond
  • DCMDCM Posts: 121MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    A word of warning to anyone thinking of buying the Lodge Hoody, like many popular labels, Canada Goose is widely counterfeited. Buy only from legitimate sellers and if the price looks too good to be true, it almost certainly is.

+1 if its anything like Moncler

When I bought mine yesterday the first thing I did was check the retailer was listed on the Canada Goose website

@welshboy78: Which size did you order? Cannot decide between "S" & "M". I heard the Lodge Hoodie is short and I'm 5 11".

Edit: Maybe I should also mention that I own the Billy Reid Peacot in "S" and the Barbour To Ki To Sports Jacket in "M" (because of the crazy armholes).

Instagram: Classy Tourist

• StirlingStirling ScotlandPosts: 65MI6 Agent
    shilton125 wrote:
    image.jpg
    I wonder who makes the boots

Are those little kiltie tongues on the front sticking up?? :))
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    DBS wrote:
    No apology necessary. I just happen to own a number of Persols and have been a fan for a number of years, so I'm familiar with their models. Remy, who runs Bond Lifestyle, is also a member here, so I believe he's watching this thread carefully for the items we're identifying. Simultaneously, we're looking at the detailed pics he's posting there to help - definitely a two-way street.

If Persol is involved with the film (which I REALLY hope they are), then it would make sense for them to push their new model/style, and that would be the 9714. If not, and they are just DC's, we know he's a Persol fan, so it makes sense to see him sporting them, whether they be the 714s that he's been spotted in or the new 9714s. Part of me doubts that he purchased them himself though - companies are often itching to get celebrity endorsements, and handing out a few items to their stylists and/or PR firms to get into the hands of their clients is just part of how the business works. You can clearly see the payoff in this very thread.

Kind regards,
    Craig

True, but if they really are involved in the film I doubt they would be pushing a model that is already on the shelf. So even though the 9714 are still pretty new, I'm 100% sure they would create something new for the movie - just like they did in CR or in QoS (not sure how long the Marko's were available before Skyfall came out).
  • _M_M From Anaheim-Lives Aberdeen UKPosts: 45MI6 Agent
    Stirling wrote:
    shilton125 wrote:
    image.jpg
    I wonder who makes the boots

Are those little kiltie tongues on the front sticking up?? :))

Yeah they do that over time. I used to have a pair of these for work, great boots and ver hard wearing.
    DCM wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:
    A word of warning to anyone thinking of buying the Lodge Hoody, like many popular labels, Canada Goose is widely counterfeited. Buy only from legitimate sellers and if the price looks too good to be true, it almost certainly is.

+1 if its anything like Moncler

When I bought mine yesterday the first thing I did was check the retailer was listed on the Canada Goose website

@welshboy78: Which size did you order? Cannot decide between "S" & "M". I heard the Lodge Hoodie is short and I'm 5 11".

Edit: Maybe I should also mention that I own the Billy Reid Peacot in "S" and the Barbour To Ki To Sports Jacket in "M" (because of the crazy armholes).

I went for an XL (I'm 43 " chest / 6ft). Bare in mind you might want to layer up.

I did find a load of reviews on one of the websites selling them (legit) which gave you some idea of true fit. Will go and find it now and edit this if I do find it

EDIT: Trawl thru these review posts / questions for some info on the jacket

http://www.backcountry.com/canada-goose-lodge-down-hooded-jacket-mens?CMP_SKU=CDG0078&MER=0406&CMP_ID=PM_VL0316&mv_pc=r175&utm_source=Vendor_Links&utm_source=Vendor&mr:referralID=847bf171-953e-11e4-8d82-001b2166becc#review
    edited January 2015
    Tennyson wrote:
    Tennyson wrote:
    Boots are a logger or linesman boot with that tongue flap thing. Possible an older version of this Danner Quarry
    http://www.danner.com/product/work/quarry/quarry-usa-8-brown.html

The boots are definitely Danner, but not the Quarry as on the website - they are the older Quarry 400G Comp Toe Work Boot -

The differences are in the heel cup, the current Quarry has a single piece heel cup, where the older one has the vertical leather strip, also, the pictures on Bond Lifestyle show there is some protective padding in the ankle, again not seen on the current quarry. Danners website makes mention of upgrades to the quarry, so DC has had these for a while!

Good spot - I now see the difference!!!!! Just not sure what color he has of the older model, seems to be a bit darker to the older model you linked to
    edited January 2015
    welshboy78 wrote:
    I went for an XL (I'm 43 " chest / 6ft). Bare in mind you might want to layer up.

I did find a load of reviews on one of the websites selling them (legit) which gave you some idea of true fit. Will go and find it now and edit this if I do find it

EDIT: Trawl thru these review posts / questions for some info on the jacket

http://www.backcountry.com/canada-goose-lodge-down-hooded-jacket-mens?CMP_SKU=CDG0078&MER=0406&CMP_ID=PM_VL0316&mv_pc=r175&utm_source=Vendor_Links&utm_source=Vendor&mr:referralID=847bf171-953e-11e4-8d82-001b2166becc#review

Thanks for your reply.

You are right, I forgot to think about the clothes that I could wear underneath. (For example DC who obviously wears another jacket underneath the Lodge Hoodie)

Looks like he has three layers in some pics, you can see another blue jacket collar under the Penfield which is under the hoody lol
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Looks like he has three layers in some pics, you can see another blue jacket collar under the Penfield which is under the hoody lol

Haha! And I thought that the Lodge Hoodie alone should keep someone warm.

Tennyson wrote:

The older dark brown model looks like a close match - what ya think (just not worn on the toes like Daniel Craigs)

NOTE the first two pics are the same model but diff light

$_57.JPG
    mens-danner-8-quarry-pt-brown.jpg

Here is DCs closeup courtesy of Bond Lifestyle

150107-daniel-craig-boots-solden.jpg
    Did a bit of research on the Danner models in the darker brown with padding (not the latest ones which are incorrect with no ankle padding and all have USA flag label).

There are 6" and 8" versions, looking at the Pic from Bond Lifestyle is it 8" or 6"?

Anyhow here are the models:

14541 6" Alloy Toe NON Waterproof

Picture:

328642_366_45.jpg

14545 6" GTX Waterproof Non Metallic Safety Toe (safety toe does not conduct heat or cold)

Picture:

14545.jpg

14549 8" 80 ounce Waterproof Plain Toe

Picture:

L16421039.jpg

14551 8" 400G Waterproof Plain Toe

Picture
    L16421037.jpg

14552 8" GTX Waterproof Non Metallic Safety Toe (safety toe does not conduct heat or cold)

Picture

328647_366_45.jpg

Everywhere appears to show the same picture for the 8" 14549 and 14551 models. They appear to be a different weight boot as both waterproof and plain toe. Likewise with the 6" 14545 (Gortex) and 14541 (non waterproof) - however would he wear the NON vortex/waterproof with steel toe 14541 - I think not!!!

Conclusion (probably wrong lol)

If its a 6" boot its likely to be the waterproof version model 14545 (Gortex)
    If its a 8" boot its 14552 Waterproof 400g or 14549 80 ounce Waterproof. The other 8" with metal safety toe has a distinct blue tag outside centre which does not seem visible on Bond Lifestyles pictures hence rules that model out!

Here is a worn pair in this colour for reference:

$_57.JPG

Daniel Craigs courtesy of Bondlifestyle:

150107-daniel-craig-boots-solden.jpg

Right that killed an hour at work :D
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    :)) :)) :))
    I an amazed at how from a photo, so much information can be found. -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • jared_nomakjared_nomak Posts: 1,942MI6 Agent
    Looks to me like the 6 inch as you can see the knot of the laces at the bottom of the jeans
    Ross
  • Kaleema007Kaleema007 Posts: 322MI6 Agent
    edited January 2015
    welshboy78 wrote:
    MrZareba wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:

Any specific reason?

He propably meant PO714, both the 9714 and 714 are very close. But as far as I remember Craig owns a pair of the folding PO714 with brown lenses, it would make no sense for him to buy the 9714 just because he can afford as many as he wants. Still - I think the blue lens version is far more majestic!

EDIT: Bond Lifestyle is also claiming these are the 9714, but to me the temples don't seem to match.

There is a great closeup of DC wearing the Persols on Jamesbond Lifestyle which might help you guys determine the correct model of the 714 variation

See here:

[url]http://www.jamesbondlifestyle.com/news/spectre-photocall-daniel-craig-léa-seydoux-and-dave-bautista-sölden-austria[/url]

I am going to go with BondLifestyle and assume these are the 9714's. After looking at the close up shots and comparing them with this ebay listing (http://www.ebay.com/itm/PERSOL-PO-9714S-FOLDING-24-33-55-20-145-ORIGINAL-SUNGLASSES-/141509621884?pt=US_Sunglasses&hash=item20f2a1787c) they look to be exact! same color he wears too!

Did not realize this topic had already been covered heh heh heh :)) :)) :))
    Shocking...
  • sruzgarsruzgar Welcome to ScotlandPosts: 1,468MI6 Agent
    Looks to me like the 6 inch as you can see the knot of the laces at the bottom of the jeans
    Ross

Could be 8 inch and he did not tie them all teh way up, have seen this on his Islays before.
    sruzgar wrote:
    Ross

Could be 8 inch and he did not tie them all teh way up, have seen this on his Islays before.

Yes. I'm not 100% sure, but I almost believe that it is the shoe tongue which leads to the fold (marked red in the image below).

150107_daniel_craig_boots_solden.jpg

• David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    For anyone wanting sizing info on the Lodge Hoody, I picked one up today in a medium and I'm a 40.

The important thing to note is that the "slim fitting/fitted" line that goes with the CG ads for it isn't a great description; the medium - my usual size choice (though I come out a large in the Barbour) - gives what I'd consider a relatively standard fit, and I don't think there'll be any issue with layering beneath.

Might try my Penfield and R&B Chelsea later.
  • TheExit148TheExit148 Posts: 562MI6 Agent
    I agree with the previous post that the jeans are most likely Rag & Bone; probably fit 2 or 3 "archive", or a previous rigid/raw selvedge. But for the money, you can get a much better pair of selvedge jeans for a bit less from 3sixteen, Levi's Vintage Clothing, and Japan Blue. Even the "Unbranded Denim" is a great choice.
  • JMac88JMac88 Posts: 279MI6 Agent
    JMac88 wrote:

The boots may be hard to determine, black leather and vibram soles... Pretty generic - they look strange because they have rubber grips or pavement crampons over them to stop our hard as nails hero slipping on his arse! Bless
    JMac88 wrote:

Is that def on set costume??
  • jared_nomakjared_nomak Posts: 1,942MI6 Agent
    I think it will be the blue jacket over the screen item, notice he also has his belstaff 554 bag
    Ross