Morland Cigarettes

Comments

• SFPROPSSFPROPS USAPosts: 380MI6 Agent
    Ok..back to this. Almost to the point where I'm going to have a protoype box. Just now ordering the leatherette material to use. I've now got reference of two different shades of blue used on the blue boxes. A deep darker blue, and a bright vivid blue. I think we've seen the latter more often than the former. Here are a swatches of the two colors, and I'm pretty sure these are accurate to the actual genuine boxes

sample.jpg

I think the plan is to shoot for the color on the left, unless someone can talk me out of it.

Here's a swatch of the actual material I'm going to be ordering.

material.jpg

It's pretty dead on the the material on the left, though the swatch doesn't really show the texture very well. I've got small swatches of a bunch of colors and textures and in person, this one seems to have the exact look/feel.
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    They are both accurate as Morlands used both colours.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
    Been busy with work and a couple of other projects....

Not the exact size I plan to use, but a working prototype none-the-less.

IMG_2389.jpg
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    Looking very very good.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Looks fantastic SFP! -{
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    Nice work, true talent prevails -{
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Yes, it looks fantastic. Well done. {[]
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Gadget MeisterGadget Meister Bicester, OxonPosts: 1,972MI6 Agent
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Makes me want to take up smoking again ! :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    The wood core cigarettes are going to work as well. Very realistic. I just did a few with a plain black set of stripes as a test or I'd post pictures.
  • ThomoThomo ReadingPosts: 949MI6 Agent
    Looks great good job
  • Bond Collectors' WeekendsBond Collectors' Weekends Gainesville, Florida USAPosts: 1,883MI6 Agent
    Looks sharp! I'm puffing on my filter now...
    Seven (007) James Bond Tours! Mission: Mexico!
  • jdsfloors61jdsfloors61 Posts: 9MI6 Agent
    hi new to the forum I was at a auction this afternoon and bought a old pack of morland cigarettes and they had some james bond cigarettes in them but the box is a different color sort of a red color and the cigarettes have a small filter I was wondering if anyone knew anything about this thanks john
    I don't know much about that particular set, but do know that Morland sold their cigarettes in all sorts of different colored and sized boxes. Maybe if you could post a photo or two, someone with some info can chime in?
    here's some pictures of the cigarettes I was talking about
    1427672386596.jpg

1427672454431.jpg

1427672523703.jpg
    I'm going to guess that those were made in the late sixties? I've never seen the red box, but know that the "James Bond" cigarettes originally didn't have the "James Bond Special No. 1" on them. I'm betting that was included not that long before they shut their doors. Just educated guesses here.
    seems to me that most of them didn't have filters either, wonder if it's because of the filters they call them special number one, and put them in a different color box,
    I'm guessing that as filters became more and more popular, that they added them. That's why I'm guessing that these where from very late in Morland's existence, not earlier.
    that makes a lot of sense, do you think they'd be more or less collectible, maybe as james got older he thought he should start smoking with the filter, lol
    ive been doing some research and it seems after ian Flemings death morland sold the james bond cigarettes in a blue box with a paper the saying they had permission from his estate and so on. but before that you was able to get the cigarettes with or without james bond name on them and was sold in different color and size boxes, and I guessing you could a filter put them also
    edited April 2015
    these are the James bond cigarettes that I have for sale 2 different original 100 ct. Morland & co.boxes, they both have 35 James Bond cigarettes, I am asking asking $300.00 each. Red box may already been sold. 1428193496240.jpg

1428193577854.jpg

1428193632773.jpg

1428193798517.jpg
    edited April 2015
    just sold Red box, only the brown box with 35 cigarettes left,

thank you very much John
    just sold brown box nothing left. thanks very much for everything, hope you guys enjoy them. john
  • huuntaberhuuntaber Posts: 5MI6 Agent
    A bit of an off topic question, but does anyone know the history of Morland's as a company?
  • AbsolutbargainAbsolutbargain Posts: 3MI6 Agent
    Sorry to miss those boxes John - do let me know if you (or anyone else!) should have any available. Thanks. Martin
  • Bond Collectors' WeekendsBond Collectors' Weekends Gainesville, Florida USAPosts: 1,883MI6 Agent
    SFprops is working on new ones--see earlier in this thread...
  • UNCLE27UNCLE27 EnglandPosts: 1,118MI6 Agent
    An interesting item has come up on ebay...
    I've put this here as it has some good photographic detail of the box which may help with the replica.
    I have nothing to do with selling this item.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xfleming+morland+cigarette+box.TRS0&_nkw=fleming+morland+cigarette+box&_sacat=0
    SF, how is that beautiful ciggie box coming along?

Thanks.
    Everything is done except for actually putting some together and selling them! New job is kicking my butt but with the three day weekend coming up and a few other projects finishing I hope to have more to report soon.