out of left field actor for bond

Comments

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,797MI6 Agent
    I think this is a very strong candidate: :D

44684.png?_encoded=2f66666666666678302f35382f3b29303436286874646977656c616373&_ts=12b0b0e2e96
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Hey, you got that off my Facebook page ! :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • superdaddysuperdaddy englandPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    Are you pizza boy or landlord in this one TP :)) :))
    :)) :)) :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Give that man a rental tux and a prop PPK!

fatso2.jpg

15b6d61da8d6baac5b0c455bdb8a6cd1.jpg
  • hot crossed bondhot crossed bond at the barPosts: 181MI6 Agent
    edited February 2015
    "but Andy...you said you find Bond to be cold hearted misogynist with no respect for anyone but himself?' ..."Yeah I know!...but I love boobs!" Little Britain...anyone?
    I'm motivated by my duty
    "but Andy...you said you find Bond to be cold hearted misogynist with no respect for anyone but himself?' ..."Yeah I know!...but I love boobs!" Little Britain...anyone?
    and I don't care what any of you think...that is bloody funny!
    I'm motivated by my duty
    :)) Don't be too upset, many jokes are made on AJB ( most very funny) but don't
    Get any comments. Just take pleasure in knowing that somewhere in some part
    Of the world, someone is laughing because if it. ;) -{
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    Or crying :D
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    So long as you get a response ! :)
    I feel we should all reach out and touch each other
    ( Where, is up to individuals to decide ;) ) :))
    So long as you get a response ! :)
    I feel we should all reach out and touch each other
    ( Where, is up to individuals to decide ;) ) :))
    oh come now Pussy, that's a little hard! how does grab ya ;)
    I'm motivated by my duty
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Number24 wrote:
    Director Morten Tyldum ("The Intimidation Game") was approached to do SPECTRE before Mendes agreed to do it.

Love to know where you get that 'info' from....? Wherever it's from - it's codswallop :D

He said it himself to a Norwegian newspaper. It's not like he needs the help - "The intimidation game" is nominated for or getting a shitload of awards. I'd like to know what your source for your claim is?
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,584Chief of Staff
    Number24 wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Number24 wrote:
    Director Morten Tyldum ("The Intimidation Game") was approached to do SPECTRE before Mendes agreed to do it.

Love to know where you get that 'info' from....? Wherever it's from - it's codswallop :D

He said it himself to a Norwegian newspaper. It's not like he needs the help - "The intimidation game" is nominated for or getting a shitload of awards. I'd like to know what your source for your claim is?

Eon...they ONLY ever wanted Mendes...and held back until he was free...your guy may have been asked about his availability in case Mendes couldn't do it (due to previous commitments) but he wasn't offered it...sorry...
    YNWA 97
    I thought they even delayed filming, so they could get Sam Mendes ?
  • The_CommanderThe_Commander EnglandPosts: 245MI6 Agent
    Cumberbatch as Bond - for the love of all that is sacred - NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Probably the most over-rated actor for a generation and he got his just rewards at the BAFTAs last night.
    1:Sf, 2:NTTD, 3:TSWLM, 4:CR, 5:OHMSS
    edited February 2015
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Number24 wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

Eon...they ONLY ever wanted Mendes...and held back until he was free...your guy may have been asked about his availability in case Mendes couldn't do it (due to previous commitments) but he wasn't offered it...sorry...

I agree they wanted Mendes. But Mendes was unsure, so they must have looked around for others. Tyldum was shown a script, so we're not talking about a chat in passing here. If he was offered can be debated, but he was definately approached. Perhaps a bit like Dalton was "offered" Bond for OHMSS. Perhaps you should have used less harsh language in your comment to my post?
    Number24 wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Number24 wrote:

I agree they wanted Mendes. But Mendes was unsure, so they must have looked around for others. Tyldum was shown a script, so we're not talking about a chat in passing here. If he was offered can be debated, but he was deffinately approached. PErhaps a bit like Dalton was "offered" Bond for OHMSS. Perhaps you should have used less harsh Language in Your comment to my post?

No...they only wanted Mendes...the only 'spanner in the works' was him directing Charlie And The Chocolate Factory...the idea was always to wait for him...and for the next one too...that's a 100% solid fact...
    I didn't use 'harsh language' at all - so I'm at a loss to this comment ?:)
    YNWA 97
    While their favourite was Mendes they clearly approached other directors in case he didn't come aboard again. I have named my source: Tyldum himself. You act very self confident in dismissing this, but you offer no source at all. I should probably have worded my last post netter. What I ment is that your dissmissal of my post was very cocky and as far as I can see you have done little to back up that tone. So - where/who is your source that no other director was aproached for the filming of SPECTRE?
    Number24 wrote:
    While their favourite was Mendes they clearly approached other directors in case he didn't come aboard again. I have named my source: Tyldum himself. You act very self confident in dismissing this, but you offer no source at all. I should probably have worded my last post netter. What I ment is that your dissmissal of my post was very cocky and as far as I can see you have done little to back up that tone. So - where/who is your source that no other director was aproached for the filming of SPECTRE?

I have already answered this...don't know why you dismissed/missed it..?..and my dismissal of your post wasn't cocky at all...I'm sorry if you felt that...it was matter of fact...I believe Eon over a self-publicising director... -{
    YNWA 97
    When did EON say this? I think this is an important question. Let me guess: they said this shortly after they hired him.
    Isn't that the type of things movie makes say when they have hired someone, no matter how many other people they have contected to have a backup or three? (You know, for self-publishing :D )If EON said they only wanted Mendes well before they hired him I'm fully prepared to say I was wrong and you were right. If EON claimed this when he was hired they ar problably no more believable than a self-publishing director.
  • thegreatgallingthegreatgalling Posts: 180MI6 Agent
    edited February 2015
    Lets all take deep breaths, we are all on the same team here. :)) Reading through the posts, it sounds like everyone agrees now that Mendes was coveted for the role and they probably also spoke with other contenders to cover their bases. The articles I have ready make it clear no other director was offered the role, but did meet with the producers.

According to this article, Tyldum and did meet with producers a) in case Mendes fell through, and as an early contender for Bond 25. It is not uncommon for producers to meet with many directors until they make their choices.

Tyldum has no reason to lie and Eon never discredited his story.

"Norwegian film director Morten Tyldum was in talks for Bond 24
    Spectre (2015) - 29-05-13

Norwegian film director Morten Tyldum has confirmed he was among the list of possible Bond 24 helmers according to Comoyo.com who kindly tipped off MI6 this morning. National newspaper VG also carried the news following the site's tip.

Perhaps most famous for his critically acclaimed 2011 movie "Headhunters", Tyldum confirmed the news himself via email to the site: "I can confirm that I've had a meeting with Barbara Broccoli and Michael G. Wilson [in Los Angeles]. They are fans of 'Headhunters', and wanted to know if I'm available at the moment. They also wanted me to read a script. That's everything I have to say about this right now."

Tyldum is no longer under consideration for Bond 24 now that Sam Mendes is in talks to return. However, the Norwegian was asked about his availability in a couple of year's time, with an eye to Bond 25, and that he would meet again with producers Broccoli and Wilson when in London next.

American screenwriter John Logan, who worked on the final draft of Purvis & Wade's 'Skyfall', is penning the script for both Bond 24 & 25.

Yesterday, news broke that Sam Mendes was back in talks to possibly return for Bond 24 with an additional year delay so that he could complete his theatre projects first.

Thanks to `Snorre` & `Morten` for the alerts."

The news that Mendes was a bit uninterested at first causing Eon to meet with other directors was also covered in Variety. Doesn't mean its true, of course.

http://variety.com/2013/film/news/who-will-eon-and-sony-tap-to-direct-next-bond-movie-1200488455/

"Though he is in the running, Refn is just one of the directors in whom Eon has shown interest. The shingle has also considered helmers including Ang Lee, Tom Hooper, David Yates and Shane Black. “Headhunters” helmer Morten Tyldum also said in a recent interview that he has met with producers for the gig.

Recent reports have also said that Sam Mendes is back in the mix, though his reps still stay he has moved on from Bond. It is very possible that Mendes could return given that MGM and Sony are in no rush to get the project going right away, and Mendes has said he wanted to focus on other commitments."

Understanding what happens behind the scenes of these movies is almost next to impossible. I believe whole heartedly they wanted Mendes from the start, but it doesn't mean he was willing to play ball at first without some contractual shenanigans first and that the studio wouldn't want to cover their bases.
    We're all on the same team and we should all remember that. :)
    But let's be honest: Your post strengthens my claims and undermines sir Miles claim that Tyldum wasn't approached for SPECTRE.
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Number24 wrote:
    We're all on the same team and we should all remember that. :)
    But let's be honest: Your post strengthens my claims and undermines sir Miles claim that Tyldum wasn't approached for SPECTRE.

I might be wrong, but as an outsider to the conversation, I think we are all saying the same thing in different ways. Mendes was preferred, they spoke to a few directors just in case, and when Mendes became free, they picked him. No one was offered the role besides Mendes.

I think the hangup came over the term "approached" which Sir Miles first interpreted as "offered" as in "Yes, we pick you" versus what I think you meant in the producers simply speaking to him and providing a script.
    If so, sir Miles is saying it in his very own way. My opinion Mendes was clearly their favourite, but they did approach Tyldum as a backup.
    Sir Mies has been very clear (and sure) that no-one else was contacted by EON as a possible director.
    Thegreatgalling , they're just two obstinate, old grumps who won't
    Give ground. :D to us they seem the same, but one is white on the
    left side ! :)) :p ( Star Trek, reference ) ;)

True. but I'm right, damit! :))

Then let this be their last battlefield. :007)
    I always work on the principle that I may have an opinion but it
    Might be the wrong one. :D
    I always work on the principle that I may have an opinion but it
    Might be the wrong one. :D

You know what they say, everyone has one...or is it everyone is one? I forget. :D
    Number24 wrote:
    When did EON say this? I think this is an important question. Let me guess: they said this shortly after they hired him.
    Isn't that the type of things movie makes say when they have hired someone, no matter how many other people they have contected to have a backup or three? (You know, for self-publishing :D )If EON said they only wanted Mendes well before they hired him I'm fully prepared to say I was wrong and you were right. If EON claimed this when he was hired they ar problably no more believable than a self-publishing director.

They said this MONTHS before (I think I was told a year in advance infact) Mendes was appointed - sorry to burst your bubble...I await your admittance to be wrong ;)
    YNWA 97