(Spoilers for NTTD) Shakespeare's Bond: Work area (All welcome!)

Comments

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,390Chief of Staff
    Great, many thanks C&D!
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,815MI6 Agent
    edited January 2017
    In the scene after the intermission (Act 2, Scene 2)

sir Bond: "Why is it a Lady of high standing, Dame Miles, taketh part in an inquisition in such a far-off land? Most Lords and Ladies stayeth in their court?
    Dame Miles: "Know'st though not it always rains on England's soggy soil? Thee would also be wise to purchase cheap wine, cheese and fine cloth here in Italy's fair land."
    :) Nice, will put that in when I get the time.
    edited January 2017
    In the same scene, after the Pale King says they have people everywhere, Dame Miles asks: "In the Outer Hebridies (or some other remote location) too?"

Pale King: "Not as such, but places where there really are people."

sir Bond (worried): "Crowded places, such as public privies?"

Pale King: ".... Perchance not everywhere, but all places of great importance."

Bond: "The bawdy houses and gambling houses, you say?"

Pale King: "Not all all the time, that would be very costly ...."

Dame Miles: "Surely not the Queen's private chambers?"

Pale King: "Her Chamber mai .... I mean, I couldn't comment."

Dame Miles: "So 'everywhere' was in fact braggadocious?"

Pale King: "Not braggadocious, no. It was an alternative fact."
    edited January 2017
    After Penny Lane is killed by oil, sir Bond mutters:
    Why oil? There is no oil in this tale. Why not murder her by water, sand or ashtrays? It would make far more sense to handcuff her to the bed, drag a block of marble up the stairs and drop it on her. Exeedingly strange...
    That's much better, thanks 24, and I'll do the oil scene later as you say. Has anyone got any jokes that could improve the other scenes above?
    Thanks! In act 3.scene 1: Have sir Bond say after the fight with Slate: "A most brisk brawl. I feel like I'm Bourne again!"
    After sir James manages to free himself from Dame Miles' Yeomen at the foreign boarding house, he says: "Bourne Free!"

Any chance to use the word 'born' should be used, and it's always spelled 'Bourne'" :D
    edited January 2017
    When Penny takes Bond and Mathis to a cheap boarding house, sir James disaproves of the lodgings. Their cover is as pilgrims.
    sir James:
    “If We are the Pilgrims, Maid;
    we shall go
    Always a little further." *

He finds a Grand boarding house and says: "We are pilgrims who have experienced a miracle." sir Bond puts a large pouch of silver on the table.

* does anyone spot the reference?
    edited January 2017
    And it strikes me that the man with the green trainers should work for The Green Lord, obviously in a subordinate possition. A very subordinate possition :v
    Number24 wrote:
    * does anyone spot the reference?

I did get a Flecker of an idea...

Great stuff, and those are all going in!

(I put the man with green shoes in that spot because it's MGW's cameo there, so I replaced it with Higgins' cameo :) )
    [Now at http://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/47380/ajb-presents-william-shakespeares-james-bond-in/ Barbel]

That's MUCH better! Well done, Number 24!
    Act 2, Scene 3. The throne room of Dame Miles.
    Dame Miles: Who art these varlets, Naught Naught Seven? “Vassals and lackeys we doth have everywhere”, he doth say, ‘tis like a flower seller! And betrayed by Yeoman Mitchell, who hath been in mine servitude for eight years.

...that's all I've got, all help appreciated. An ashtray joke would be good.
    Dame Miles: "He was in my trust! I even doth buy him an ashtray for his birthday."
    Sir James: "I'm not sure tobacco has reached England's shores yet."

Very well spotted with the poem, Barbel. The reason I included it, aside for the fact that it fitted the story, is that it's the "official" poem of the SAS . :007)
    edited January 2017
    I added a 'If' at the start of the Pilgrims poem, thinking it would flow better with the story. but the way you wrote it there is no need for th 'If'.so I think you should remove it.

A new line (highlighted) for Act 5, Scene 1:

Penny: ‘Tis one which is apt for our cover as pilgrims.
    Duc de Mathis: A most splendid idea! I always thought a pilgrim was your Bourne identity, sir James.

Sir James: Nay, in a morgue I wouldst rather sleep! Come, let us take our rest in yonder establishment.

When they enter the hotel of the finale, this is exlained to them: "We have made the walls from firewood, coal and Tinder. Far too much time is spent feeding the fireplace, so we did this to save energy."
    edited January 2017
    Perhaps the Green Lord should speak of the great invirormental disasters of the age?
    - Streets flooded with garbage and the contents of chamberpots
    - The King's forrests roamed by poachers, illegal lumberjacks and merry men.
    - The Thames is so polluted the Palace of Westminister has a most fishy and foul smell to it.
    Number24 wrote:
    I added a 'If' at the start of the Pilgrims poem, thinking it would flow better with the story. but the way you wrote it there is no need for th 'If'.so I think you should remove it.

Duc de Mathis: A most splendid idea! I always thought a pilgrim was your Bourne identity, sir James.

Sir James: Nay, in a morgue I wouldst rather sleep! Come, let us take our rest in yonder establishment.

When they enter the hotel of the finale, this is exlained to them: "We have made the walls from firewood, coal and Tinder. Far too much time is spent feeding the fireplace, so we did this to save energy."

Done all that! :) (And I didn't know about the SAS using that poem, well done there)
    Barbel wrote:
    Number24 wrote:

Done all that! :) (And I didn't know about the SAS using that poem, well done there)

The first verse of The Golden Journey to Samarkand is written on the clock tower in the SAS barracks in Hereford:

We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go
    Always a little further; it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea
    It might be possible to work another stanza of that into this.

Did you notice your cameo? :)
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    {[] another sure fire hit at the theatre
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Utter genius and apologies I didn't find time to contribute this weekend. Let's just hope that Babs and Michael give Messrs Shakespeare, Barbel and attendant yeomen the writing gig for Bond XXV :D

Provision title : "The Chattels of a Lady" ? :))
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Doublets and hoes seven ;) apologies if this has already been used.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    "The Chattels of a Lady" :)) :)) :)) can easily fit into "The Inn of the Eight Cats" and of course "doublets and hoes, seven" (nice one TP, wish I'd thought of that!) can be slotted in there too (during Sir James's visit to the Old Wizard, methinks).

I was wondering which story to ruin next, but C&D has settled that! Any and all suggestions and ideas welcome as ever!