Trailer?

Comments

• 007.5007.5 Posts: 30MI6 Agent
    Ha ha, I laugh and shudder! Brosnan certainly had more charm, but DC is more like the book Bond (in character, not looks!) I love the new MI6 team. What I do wonder is how on earth they will set up a new set of films after DC retires?
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    007.5 wrote:
    Ha ha, I laugh and shudder! Brosnan certainly had more charm, but DC is more like the book Bond (in character, not looks!) I love the new MI6 team. What I do wonder is how on earth they will set up a new set of films after DC retires?

That Question has been asked since Connery first left :007) :D
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    Fair point, but no other set of Bond films has started again at the beginning, so will the next set pick up where DC left off, or 're-set' again? Will it be an older Bond or a younger one? Just rambling I guess!
  • Agent LeeAgent Lee Posts: 254MI6 Agent
    edited March 2015
    Anyone else think of Eyes Wide Shut immediately after the SPECTRE meeting scene? :p
    Wish I Was at Disneyland, podcast about Disneyland, Disney news, Disney movies, Star Wars, and life in Southern California.
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/wish-i-was-at-disneyland/id1202780413?mt=2
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    007.5 wrote:
    Fair point, but no other set of Bond films has started again at the beginning, so will the next set pick up where DC left off, or 're-set' again? Will it be an older Bond or a younger one? Just rambling I guess!

Based on what other series do these days I suspect it may start over again. Since they are making these films much more personal, I have a hard time imagining another person can take over Daniel Craig's Bond. It don't think it will work in the same way that Lazenby and Moore continued the character the Sean Connery originated. After Connery had already been replaced twice, it wasn't as big a deal to replace Moore with Dalton, and Dalton with Brosnan. People were already looking forward to Brosnan taking over the character anyway. Craig is the first actor to not take over the character, but rather to recreate it entirely. I would prefer the series to continue on without Craig like it did with the past series, but they may decide to reboot it again. If the series becomes less personal again after Craig I think they could just continue it.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    EON will figuire it all out when faced with replacing DC as Bond. I have a feeling they will get someone who can be a fully formed version of Bond and carry on as if the Craig version never existed. Not a true reboot back to the start, but just a reimagined Bond in prime form. After SPECTRE, DC is apparently contracted for one more. As far as his age is concerned he could probably do #26 if there's not another extra long lapse between films and he doesn't fall apart.
  • The_Black_007The_Black_007 Posts: 94MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    007.5 wrote:

Based on what other series do these days I suspect it may start over again. Since they are making these films much more personal, I have a hard time imagining another person can take over Daniel Craig's Bond. It don't think it will work in the same way that Lazenby and Moore continued the character the Sean Connery originated. After Connery had already been replaced twice, it wasn't as big a deal to replace Moore with Dalton, and Dalton with Brosnan. People were already looking forward to Brosnan taking over the character anyway. Craig is the first actor to not take over the character, but rather to recreate it entirely. I would prefer the series to continue on without Craig like it did with the past series, but they may decide to reboot it again. If the series becomes less personal again after Craig I think they could just continue it.

I doubt they will reboot it with the actor that takes over from Daniel- I would imagine they will continue the movies in the same vein with the new actor. It will be too soon and there would be no point as the majority of fans and most significantly, critics- love how the Bond franchise has evolved into these very credible thrillers. You only have to look at the quality of the people involved (Oscar winning actors, Oscar winning Directors etc). It will of course depend on who the next actor to play Bond will be. Whoever that actor is.... boy does he have some HUGE boots to fill following Daniel Craig.
    BOND - "I'd say it's a 30-year-old fine indifferently blended Sir...with an overdose of bon bois."
    M - "Colonel Smithers is giving the lecture 007!"
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    007.5 wrote:

I doubt they will reboot it with the actor that takes over from Daniel- I would imagine they will continue the movies in the same vein with the new actor. It will be too soon and there would be no point as the majority of fans and most significantly, critics- love how the Bond franchise has evolved into these very credible thrillers. You only have to look at the quality of the people involved (Oscar winning actors, Oscar winning Directors etc). It will of course depend on who the next actor to play Bond will be. Whoever that actor is.... boy does he have some HUGE boots to fill following Daniel Craig.

It sure would be nice when the time comes to replace Dan, if they find another person that people will piss and moan about. Then when the movie comes out, jaws will drop and people will applaud the decision of the casting.
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,991Quartermasters
    Mr Martini wrote:
    Matt S wrote:

It sure would be nice when the time comes to replace Dan, if they find another person that people will piss and moan about. Then when the movie comes out, jaws will drop and people will applaud the decision of the casting.

-{
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • asioasio Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 546MI6 Agent
    I remember in the lead up to CR it was labelled at "Retcon" as opposed to a Reboot. And from what wikipedia tells me, a Retcon is short for "retroactive continuity" which is meant to be a refresh on the characters and settings whilst still maintaining it's history.
    But having watched CR for the 25th time, I'm pretty certain DC's Bond is a Reboot. :))
    Drawn Out Dad.
    Independent, one-shot comic books from the outskirts of Melbourne, Australia.
    twitter.com/DrawnOutDad
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    It's defiantly a Reboot.
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    " ..... and the Bond films as you know them, will cease to exist.
    Then a rebirth, a new series " to misquote Hugo Drax. :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,142MI6 Agent
    Agent Lee wrote:
    Anyone else think of Eyes Wide Shut immediately after the SPECTRE meeting scene? :p

Yep. Glad I wasn't the only one! :))
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
  • SimonTemplarSimonTemplar Posts: 77MI6 Agent
    Every new actor who plays Bond is a reboot of the franchise. The differences usually an attempt to suite the taste of viewers of the time. Some time they got it right some times it did'nt. In the camp 80s era they had a difficult situation in trying to replace Roger Moore and kept him on way past his sell by date and tried to get Brosnan to take over. Timothy Dalton did'nt really work as the camp era did not suite his Bond. I'm not totally a DC fan because he lacks humour and charisma of most other Bonds. Some day people will eventually tire of the same old edginess and miserable unhappy existence of DC's Bond and a new Bond with different personality and a whole new story will take the current theme to a different direction hoping it will suite the taste of a whole new audience.
  • superdaddysuperdaddy englandPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    007.5 wrote:

that'll be his stacked heels :)) :))
    I am new to forums and blogging, so I hope it's an ok response to Superdaddy's post to say ROFL!!
    :)) nothing wrong, with enjoying a funny post. ;)
    Although on DC's height, on watching his many films including Bond
    Not once have I thought this is a great scene but it would be so much better
    If he was two inches taller ! :))
    His getting tortured in CR, would a slightly taller chair have helped ? Or
    The car chase in QOS, would it have looked better with the driving seat
    Set back an inch ? ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • QuistQuist Posts: 61MI6 Agent
    I was impressed by the look of the Spectre meeting. It always concerned me how they were going to bring Spectre back without making it look too cheesy and I think with the creepy and dark Freemason type feel they give to it, it has succeeded.
    It was good to see Mr White back and no doubt finally see some closure on his character. The ravens flying past Bond in his hideout was very atmospheric and a nice nod to John Glen. As for Christoph Waltz possibly being Blofeld, I was sold. Whether he does turn out to be the real Blofeld or not from those couple of lines he speaks he certainly comes across as a worthy adversary for Bond.
  • superdaddysuperdaddy englandPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    I only jest gents about DC's height -{ have mellowed towards him since the Craig war of 05/06 peace talks :))
    :)) yes, the Craig wars.
    I have no issues with his height, he can always elevate the seat in an Aston Martin. I have more issues with his looks, as he looks like a bin man! (Not that I have anything against bin men!!) he does not look like a gentleman spy. Personally I would have preferred Henry Cavill, as did Martin Campbell, but the producers of overruled him.
    Christoph Waltz makes DC look tall :))
    I don't have any issues with how DC looks ( in fact I can think of a couple of
    AJBers, who think he's drop dead gorgeous. ;) ) , so "looks" are all subjective.
    Believe it or not, many feel I'm an ugly, fat, bast*rd. Yet when I look in the mirror
    I see a suave, urbane man about town ;) ( I think he's a friend of the Wife ) :))
    007.5 wrote:
    I have no issues with his height, he can always elevate the seat in an Aston Martin. I have more issues with his looks, as he looks like a bin man! (Not that I have anything against bin men!!) he does not look like a gentleman spy. Personally I would have preferred Henry Cavill, as did Martin Campbell, but the producers of overruled him.

DC looks like a lot of chavvy middle aged men I come across on the Wirral of Viking heritage (that is were he is from). Usually blond or red head, gaunt, moody and glazed blue eyes. I still don't understand how he managed to bag Rachel Weisz :#
  • StrangewaysStrangeways London, UKPosts: 1,469MI6 Agent
    With all the hype about the SPECTRE trailer, fans may have overlooked this:

https://www.youtube.com/user/MissionImpossible

No surprise that there are many nods to the Bond series.
    However, as MI5 is out in July, I doubt it will have much impact on SPECTRE.
    It's odd, I did really like the idea of Henry Cavill as Bond, but seeing him in
    Other films. I'm glad they didn't go with him. Once again only my opinion
    but in some shots or from some angles he looks a little odd, also he's not
    as good an actor as DC.

Yes, the trailer of MI5 looks fun -{
  • bonded123bonded123 Posts: 291MI6 Agent
    I can't imagine Henry Cavill will play Bond. He has a long term contract to play Superman.
    Wow! Not a fan then?!! If you hate the franchise so much, why are you on AJB?
  • dickiebartdickiebart Posts: 220MI6 Agent
    edited March 2015
    No one has mentioned the line at "55 in the trailer from DC: "M wasn't MI6" as he passes the ring to Mr. White. She was SPECTRE the whole time :o

I know we got a bit of a hint of this in SKYFALL, but after reading all the posts here in the past 2 days, has it gone unnoticed?? It is a pretty big reveal!
    http://www.007collection.blogspot.com check it! All my 007 autographs, toys, cars, books and more!
    I think the line was "it wasn't MI6". Meaning the meeting.