Trailer?

Comments

• Martin AstonMartin Aston LondonPosts: 408MI6 Agent
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent

You beat me to it...Looks good. :007)
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • Mr MalloryMr Mallory North by northwestPosts: 632MI6 Agent
    {[] looks great.
    What makes you think this is my first time?
  • HatThrowingHenchmanHatThrowingHenchman Russia With LovePosts: 1,834MI6 Agent
    the way Mr.Hinx kicks the table and enters the scene makess me think of Jaws somehow... B-)
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I think Mr Hinx, is going to be fantastic. -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • HatThrowingHenchmanHatThrowingHenchman Russia With LovePosts: 1,834MI6 Agent
    agree! really looking forward to his scenes!
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
  • Vicsane007Vicsane007 Posts: 167MI6 Agent
    "Some men are coming to kill us. We're going to kill them first."
  • Bondage007Bondage007 AustraliaPosts: 371MI6 Agent
    Vicsane007 wrote:

That's really cool, very similar to the real thing
    2019 Bondathon...in progress (6) FRWL (7) GE (8) FYEO (9) TND (10) MR (11) GF (12) LALD (13) DAF (14) LTK (15) TMWTGG (16) TB (17) TSWLM (18) DAD (19) AVTAK (20) YOLT (21) QOS (22) SF (23) TWINE (24) SP
    -{ Yes, really cool video. :)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    I'm pretty much lapping up all Bond related things these days, but without going into Spectre production videos and notes.

And I've restrained myself by only watching the trailer a few dozen times within a few days of launch (after saying I wouldn't watch it). With the last few I watched every tv spot, imax trailer, theatrical trailer (domestic and international) too many times to count.
    2019 Bondathon...in progress (6) FRWL (7) GE (8) FYEO (9) TND (10) MR (11) GF (12) LALD (13) DAF (14) LTK (15) TMWTGG (16) TB (17) TSWLM (18) DAD (19) AVTAK (20) YOLT (21) QOS (22) SF (23) TWINE (24) SP
  • antovolkantovolk Posts: 27MI6 Agent
    And folks, the final trailer coming. Runs 1:09.

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/releases/spectre-filmtrailer-3
    antovolk wrote:

Why is it shorter than the first one? When are they going to release the trailer?
    I'm assuming it's soon, usually the ratings come not long before the release, and plus the films out in the UK soon obviously
  • blame_thatcherblame_thatcher Posts: 199MI6 Agent
    Vicsane007 wrote:
    antovolk wrote:

Why is it shorter than the first one? When are they going to release the trailer?
    That has to be a typo.
    The film needs a good final trailer to deflect attention away from the general public's dissatisfaction with the title song.
    Vicsane007 wrote:
    antovolk wrote:

That has to be a typo.

Because final trailers released following a full 2:30 trailer tend to be shorter?

I mean look at Hunger Games films for example: all their final trailers are 1 minute long... Another recent example is the final trailer for Sicario.

Not surprised it's only a minute.

As for when - Sony's The Walk is out Sept 30 in IMAX/Oct 9 everywhere else...so next couple weeks
    antovolk wrote:
    In that case you're in a minority. All final theatrical trailers for Bond films are way over that length. You may well be right, and we will find out soon, but it will be a surprise as well as a disappointment if it is only a minute long, especially as the film needs a good trailer now to counteract the negativity surrounding the song.
    antovolk wrote:
    In that case you're in a minority. All final theatrical trailers for Bond films are way over that length. You may well be right, and we will find out soon, but it will be a surprise as well as a disappointment if it is only a minute long, especially as the film needs a good trailer now to counteract the negativity surrounding the song.

But Bonds never had a final trailer released after a full theatrical trailer. This is the first time. CR, QoS and SF all had just two trailers - a teaser and a theatrical. (albeit SF had 3 versions of the theatrical trailer). But in those cases the theatrical was the final trailer.
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    Less is more. Trailers in the past have pretty much shown all the major scenes, shown spoilers etc. And now studios want to pull away from that trend and keep the stories and action scenes more of a secret so audiences appreciate the film. A final short teaser trailer isn't that surprising.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
    Asp9mm wrote:
    Less is more. Trailers in the past have pretty much shown all the major scenes, shown spoilers etc. And now studios want to pull away from that trend and keep the stories and action scenes more of a secret so audiences appreciate the film. A final short teaser trailer isn't that surprising.

Just because it's short - doesn't mean it's a teaser. I bet this one is gonna be pretty action packed. I mean look at this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXshQ5mv1K8
    I've been telling people for years that Size isn't everthing ! :))
    antovolk wrote:
    Asp9mm wrote:

Just because it's short - doesn't mean it's a teaser. I bet this one is gonna be pretty action packed. I mean look at this:

All shorts are classed as teasers. 2+ minutes are classed as full.
    Asp9mm wrote:
    antovolk wrote:
    Asp9mm wrote:

No, the teaser classification also depends on timing, as in when it's released. Odd to have a teaser trailer after you've had your full trailer. Just look at the "final trailer" I linked, and there are a number of others like that too. "Final trailer" tbh is a bit of a new class....
    antovolk wrote:
    Asp9mm wrote:
    antovolk wrote:

No, the teaser classification also depends on timing, as in when it's released. Odd to have a teaser trailer after you've had your full trailer. Just look at the "final trailer" I linked, and there are a number of others like that too. "Final trailer" tbh is a bit of a new class....

Not really. Teasers in the trade are always around the 60 second mark. Full trailers 2 mins plus. Final trailer means just that. There will be no more new ones, whatever the length. TV spots are created for TV only with reduced screen sizes and faster editing.
    Asp9mm wrote:
    antovolk wrote:
    Asp9mm wrote:

Not really. Teasers in the trade are always around the 60 second mark. Full trailers 2 mins plus. Final trailer means just that. There will be no more new ones, whatever the length. TV spots are created for TV only with reduced screen sizes and faster editing.

But didn't you just say that all short 1-minute trailers are classed as teasers.........
    Yes.
    I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree :P I personally don't see how a trailer like the one I linked above is just a "teaser", aside from the short runtime, plus I don't think Sony will market it as a teaser trailer anyway, just as a "new" or "final" trailer.

But yeah back to the main point - it's not surprising or shocking at all that after a full length trailer we get one more action packed short trailer.
    The final trailer has now been CONFIRMED to play in U.S. cinemas this week - with Lionsgate's Sicario, and in IMAX with The Walk.

http://digitalcinema.bydeluxe.com/site/dlxportal/docs/TrailMix_by_Deluxe-_WK_40_US.pdf

Runs 1:15, online release presumably by Thursday evening.
    antovolk wrote:
    Runs 1:15
    Well that's disappointing. The previous trailer, while long, didn't feel quite right. Or is that my exisiting familiarity with the material to blame?