What was your childhood like?

Comments

• always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Our local MR Whippy ice cream van ,used to sell a ice lolly called a whopper ,
    and us naughty boys used to ask the ice cream man "excuse me mister ,have you got a whopper " :p
    (oh no its those bloody kids again ) X-(
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    You were able to buy Quality Streets 'Big Purple One' :))
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    I love a 99 with a flake and monkey's blood. The best!
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
    I love a 99 with a flake and monkey's blood. The best!

never heard of monkeys blood ,sounds tasty though ,
    but for a 99 ,we would ask the man ,do you have crushed nuts , :)) how I got in the police I will never no :D
    Monkey's blood is what we call the raspberry sauce.

Do they still make Feasts?
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    Yes. I had a Mint one recently. Chocolate one's good too.

Yes. I had a Mint one recently. Chocolate one's good too.

The trick is to nibble off the outer coating ,leaving the solid chokkie bit in the middle intact :D
    Wonder if they do other flavours.

Like with Bourbons, eat the Cream first :D
  • MANDY1MANDY1 TISPosts: 2,608MI6 Agent
    edited February 2019
    edited
    Knowing who to trust is Everything in this business.

TIS - "The moment you think you got it figured - you're wrong"

Formerly known as Teppo
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,807MI6 Agent
    edited June 2015
    Thanks for the post. Nice to meet someone else from the North here! :)
    I think many countries envy Finland your military now - your country actually kept a defence against occupation!
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Hey Teppo, thank you for sharing -{ - that's a fascinating life story with the martial arts and peace-keeping duties! And I agree about the AJB brotherhood {[]
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Yes, fascinating story Teppo, and I love your son's name. -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,807MI6 Agent
    Teppo, I would like to know if you're a Swedish speaker or a Finnish speaker?
    Fascinating Story {[]

And Cheers for the Mention :D
    I think im going to cry ,he remembers my name :)
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,255MI6 Agent
    I was born in 1956 and grew up in a London suburb. Dad was a travelling sales representative and was away all week but was home by Friday afternoon and we always went to the cinema on Friday evenings with fish and chips afterwards. School was fine had lots of friends but I am no longer in contact with any of them. Used to play football every day in the local park. I was always a collector and loved comics and books. Bubblegum cards were popular and we used to swap cards to make up our sets, I remember collections such as CIVIL WAR, BATTLE, BATMAN, MAN FROM UNCLE, THUNDERBALL, YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE (which were actually photo slides) and OHMSS among others. I used to build models and the Aurora monster kits were my favourite. I also collected movie posters and lobby cards as the local cinema manager used to give them to me in exchange for cigarettes which my dad provided.

When I left school I started my own bookselling business and worked in it for 40 years before taking early retirement at 57. I relocated to my wife's home country in The Philippines a couple of years ago and enjoying my retirement.
    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
    The details of my life are quite inconsequential... very well, where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanise, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds- pretty standard really. At the age of twelve I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum... it's breathtaking- I highly suggest you try it.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    AS my learned colleague Stags says ,we was poor (ish) in monetary terms compared to todays standards ,but as we didn't know any different it never really crossed our minds ,all the boys (my chums) we all lived in the same type of house ,and our dads all drove the same cars (Ford Cortina mk2 ) holidays would be a week in Butlins or Pontins at Camber sands ,or the isle of wight ,Cornwall was to far .or sometimes no holiday at all ,but we had a big garden. :# Flying to Spain was not for the likes of us .We never went to a restaurant unless it was one of those converted pub things . But we was very happy . :)
    The details of my life are quite inconsequential... very well, where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanise, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds- pretty standard really. At the age of twelve I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum... it's breathtaking- I highly suggest you try it.

:)) :)) :)) :))

• chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    I was taken in by a Shaolin monastery despite being a gwilo. There I learned the ways of inner peace & beating up schoolyard bullies.
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent

I knew we were brothers, TP....remember me? Fifi, your younger brother? The one you used to hang from the highest branches of the nearest cactus and throw possums at? I think I was four years old when you sold me to the bearded lady at the travelling circus. I was 17 before I realised that "she" wasn't a "she" at all. That's when her limp made sense. Those were the days, huh, TP?
    :)) We have people everywhere !

( Just in case anyone doesn't recognise it, my post is the speech from Dr Evil
    ....... One of my role models ) ;)
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    Are you saying that our father didn't invent the question mark, TP?
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    While we're here, let's get NUTS!
    squirrels2nhpa_450x300.jpg
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
    No that's true. along with the vajazzle, the differently shaped gear knob
    on the Austin Maestro and the first shell suit.
  • IanTIanT Posts: 573MI6 Agent
    I was born in Gravesend in the early 70s but moved around a lot due to my Dad's submarine constantly finding somewhere else to park. I started school in Helensburgh where I developed a love of CHiPs (the programme - not the fried thingy) and Return of the Saint. I wanted to be The Flashing Blade and ride Champion the Wonder Horse, but my mum wouldn't let me. But I did get a toy Luger for my 5th birthday and got into trouble when I tried to hold up Lloyd's bank in Helensburgh with it a few days later. My mum took the gun off me after that :#

Then my Dad's submarine went on another adventure to Plymouth and I started a new school in Saltash, Cornwall where I developed a love of Dracula and all things monster like. I watched TSWLM and thought Roger Moore was American and got fed up when I saw Faslane on the screen and had to listen to my dad naming all the ships etc. in the background.

Then Peter Davidson became Doctor Who, the Falklands War happened and my dad was away for a bit. We watched the news a lot then. When he came back we used to go fishing on the River Tamar at night, building a huge camp fire and not catching anything.

In 1983, Octopussy came out and it carried with it a small film called The Intruders - which told the story of a nuclear submarine. It just so happened, it was my dad's submarine and he had a speaking part on it. The crew got invited to the Octopussy premiere but my dad couldn't be arsed.

Then we moved further inland to Cornwall, and Airwolf became part of my life. As did playing on the moors, and being Indiana Jones or Han Solo. I watched Rambo in secret and taught myself survival techniques with my friends in the woods.

In 1986, my dad left the navy and we travelled up to Skipton in a red Mk 1 Capri and I was placed in a prestigious school. A couple of years later my dad got a job as an estate manager outside Skipton and I spent my days reading Lord of the Rings and roaming the fields around Home Farm.

Another couple of years and we moved to Colne in Lancashire where I watched TLD and suddenly became a Bond fan. There was a book exchange in Shackleton's Arcade and every week I would buy another Ian Fleming book with my pocket money and the rest is history...
    -{ Nice history IanT

I was locked in an attic for most of my early years. While my so called "Good Twin" was allowed
    to mix with other children, go to school and parties etc.
    Luckily untill the day, I gnawed through my bindings and was able to slip past, our old family
    retainer " Lurkio".
    After that day when I changed places with my twin, having him locked away, and I was free !!
    Then it was simple to arrange a "brake failure " on my parents car, another accidental Fire at
    the House, and I was alone.
    Sociopathic, Evil, perhaps but I'm happy to have found so many like minded friends here ! :D
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,255MI6 Agent
    Luckily untill the day, I gnawed through my bindings and was able to slip past, our old family
    retainer " Lurkio". :D

Wasn't he Frankie Howerd in Up Pompeii! No wonder you wanted to slip past him :))
    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.