Will this be another "rogue mission"?

2»

Comments

• ShatterfangShatterfang Posts: 538MI6 Agent
    If it is, I will be a bit disappointed.
    It has been done to death in Craig's films, just give him a straight-up mission already.

no such thing as a straight-up mission, all of them are unique
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    If it is, I will be a bit disappointed.
    It has been done to death in Craig's films, just give him a straight-up mission already.

no such thing as a straight-up mission, all of them are unique

All of Connery's Bond films had straight-up missions. Each mission is unique, but they were completely missions with goals. Bond messes up in the beginning of Goldfinger when Jill Masterson is killed, but other than that, Connery's Bond follows his missions and does them well.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • Gala BrandGala Brand Posts: 1,172MI6 Agent
    edited July 2015
    Craig's Bonds have always had missions. In CR he's on a mission in the PTS (assassinate the double agent), then find the terrorist bomber, then defeat Le Chiffre so he'll defect. In QOS he's finishing his mission to kidnap Mr. White, then he goes on a mission to Haiti to find out what Quanum is. In SF he's on a mission to collect the hard drive at the beginning, then he's given a mission to find Patrice and retrieve the hard drive.

Modern audiences are going to sit still for an expository discussion between M and Bond that begins with something like "Tell me Bond, what do you know about titanium/Botswana/nuclear fission/The Bayeaux Tapestry/etc." At which point Bond drones on for a couple of minutes, giving the audience backstory.

Instead, the movies are going to start in media res, with Bond already in the middle of a mission.