Possible secret behind Andrew Scott's character (Speculation)

2»

Comments

• DutchfingerDutchfinger Holland With LovePosts: 1,240MI6 Agent
    Really interesting thread. I would personally love Scott to be Blofeld, rather than the more obvious Waltz.

I'm not sure where I picked this up from, but I'm sure I read that Scott was second choice for his role, as the first choice -supposedly Chiewtel Ejiofor - was much more expensive.

Now, Chiwetel was hot property coming off the back of 12 Years a Slave and it was my understanding that when he was in the running for a part in Spectre, it was as the villain. It seems unlikely to me that if Chiwetel were to have been cast he would have occupied a supporting villain role, ergo Scott who was cast in his place is Blofeld.

Speculation granted, but I'd love to see Scott unveiled as Blofeld toward the end of Spectre, returning in the following film!

I think the movie is indeed going to end in such a way. Maybe not necessarily with Scott being revealed as Blofeld, but atleast someone! I defenitely can't see a classic ending of Craig banging Bonucci or Seydoux at a romantic sunset or something. I'm sure it's going to be one of those: "SHI*T NOW I NEED TO SEE BOND 25!" type of endings...
    Better known as DutchBondFan on YouTube. My 007 movie reviews: Recapping 007
    YouTube channel Support my channel on Patreon Twitter Facebook fanpage
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,615Chief of Staff
    I'm not sure where I picked this up from, but I'm sure I read that Scott was second choice for his role, as the first choice -supposedly Chiewtel Ejiofor - was much more expensive.

Now, Chiwetel was hot property coming off the back of 12 Years a Slave and it was my understanding that when he was in the running for a part in Spectre, it was as the villain. It seems unlikely to me that if Chiwetel were to have been cast he would have occupied a supporting villain role, ergo Scott who was cast in his place is Blofeld

Very nearly....Idris Elba was actually the first choice...then Ejiofor was considered...then the script was rewritten...it's where all this 'Idris for Bond' stuff started from...Elba was up for the bad guy role, not the next Bond...but it got great positive publicity for Eon -{
    YNWA 97
  • Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,342MI6 Agent
    If not the same for Sir Roger!

Joking aside, the script re-write may have put paid to my theory, though I suppose it depends on the extent of the rewrite!
    Sir Miles wrote:

Now, Chiwetel was hot property coming off the back of 12 Years a Slave and it was my understanding that when he was in the running for a part in Spectre, it was as the villain. It seems unlikely to me that if Chiwetel were to have been cast he would have occupied a supporting villain role, ergo Scott who was cast in his place is Blofeld

Very nearly....Idris Elba was actually the first choice...then Ejiofor was considered...then the script was rewritten...it's where all this 'Idris for Bond' stuff started from...Elba was up for the bad guy role, not the next Bond...but it got great positive publicity for Eon -{
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".