Daniel Craig Personal Effects (WDW)

Comments

• TheExit148TheExit148 Posts: 562MI6 Agent
    edited January 2016
    I'm really thinking it isn't a high-end brand's vest or jacket; its probably something like Columbia, The North Face, Patagonia etc. Mid-tier maybe. That zip pull is pretty unique though.
  • canoe2canoe2 Posts: 2,007MI6 Agent
    TheExit148 wrote:
    I'm really thinking it isn't a high-end brand's vest or jacket; its probably something like Columbia, The North Face, Patagonia etc. Mid-tier maybe. That zip pull is pretty unique though.

It's the zipper pull that has me thinking it is something a little higher end. It looks like a cross between a Riri and Lampo:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT5ulEgZcHRPeiviH7XN_ePj5_V_EXUDxUj1CZ7eK0ov5Bz-H6c4g

1205300441364136.jpg

Both are more popular in Europe than the U.S. and both have done custom work for Moncler and other higher end brands. Most of the brands you mention (and I suggested as well :) ) tend to use YKK zippers with a metal and cord pull.

Patagonia-Torrentshell-Stretch-Jacket-and-Pants-4.jpg

CRW_4495.jpg

Anyway, it's one possibility {[]
    I stand corrected; here is a better pic of the zipper pull and it looks like a solid plastic block with a thumb groove. Based on the other pics, I thought it was more of a rubber coated metal zipper pull.

2475219A00000578-2899451-image-m-60_1420576861717.jpg
  • armenianmoviemanarmenianmovieman The 818Posts: 674MI6 Agent
    boxaw wrote:
    could be this one...

http://www.orlebarbrown.co.uk/men/t-shirts/ob-t/charcoal-melange

Watching Skyfall on the DVR and the Spectre behind the scenes on EPIX for the first time I noticed that this T-shirt caught my eye.

maxresdefault.jpg

I have a Hanes Beefy shirt that's Charcoal Heather http://www.walmart.com/ip/FAST-TRACK-Hanes-Men-s-Beefy-Short-Sleeve-T-shirt/22471422

But its hard to find shirts with such a thin and super classy neckline style.

Any ideas?

kadd wrote:
    He normally wears OB or Sunspel so could be those. Both have slim neckline

Thanks, guys! Boxaw, that is as close as it gets. Unfortunately the search continues, as Orlbear is just too expensive for the man who buys Hanes from Wal-mart!

This is the closest cheap alternate I could find. From Gap.

cn7909502.jpg

Though the collar is still pretty thick. But not Hanes thick.

http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=1048416&vid=1&pid=768620112
    Yes. Consssssiderably.
  • MrSwindermanMrSwinderman Dover, Ohio, USAPosts: 212MI6 Agent
    Hey guys! Anyone know good alternatives to the leather jacket Dan was wearing recently? I believe it is a Tom Ford jacket.

daniel_craig_gifts_ellen_degeneres_with_major_bo.jpg

495858046.jpg
  • TheExit148TheExit148 Posts: 562MI6 Agent
    Hey guys! Anyone know good alternatives to the leather jacket Dan was wearing recently? I believe it is a Tom Ford jacket.

495858046.jpg
    I'd be interested to know as well.

Are we sure that this is a Tom Ford jacket?
  • MrSwindermanMrSwinderman Dover, Ohio, USAPosts: 212MI6 Agent
    TheExit148 wrote:

495858046.jpg

To me the jacket looks exactly the same as this one just minus the pockets...

Tom_Ford_Menswear_Spring_Summer_2015_2.jpg
  • Jeff LynneJeff Lynne Washington DCPosts: 53MI6 Agent
    TheExit148 wrote:

495858046.jpg

Yes. You can see the Tom Ford logo on the inside of the jacket when he's lifting his arm up in the Ellen photo.
  • TeenageBondTeenageBond London, UKPosts: 211MI6 Agent
    Found this picture:

can we identify the camera? Most likely DC's personel.
    2016_01_30.jpg

There is also another image of him in rome with the same camera while they were filming SP, but couldnt find it.
    edited January 2016
    Found this picture:

2016_01_30.jpg

There is also another image of him in rome with the same camera while they were filming SP, but couldnt find it.

Just a guess:

camera-olympus-om-30.jpg

Probably not exactly that model, but Olympus seems to make a lot of versions that look close

If it's not an actual SLR then it may be one of the older models from the OM-D line (the one below is a mini, so it's not that one):

olympusomd_mini.jpg
  • HarveyMushmanHarveyMushman Posts: 333MI6 Agent
    edited January 2016
    I've read through this entire thread and have to say I am very amused at the Daniel Craig fashion bashing going on. Some of Craig's style out of Bond mode is actually very typical of London based fashion for men aged anywhere from 30-50 so whether you agree with it or not he is in a way bang on trend. I actually like a lot of what he wears, not necessarily every combination. Pre Daniel Craig/Bond era I was already buying some of the brands he is highlighted as wearing now.

I also find it amusing the fact some have in a way belittled those who have chosen to follow him and branded them stalkers or obsessive, yet many others are on this forum discussing and obsessing the merits and pitfalls of the fashion and life style of an imaginary character and more so buying up replica products of said characters styles, kind of ironic.

Personally I don't really care what anyone chooses to base their day to day style on. We all come from different countries and backgrounds that influence our habits, what works for one may not work for the other, but demeaning other forum users choices because of this is not right. We were all young once and I'd hazard a guess had social media, as it is now, been around when Connery or Moore were playing Bond a lot of youngsters would be following them just the same, some probably did anyway.

Most of this thread has been made up of opinions and not really what it was created for. I'd like to see it get back on track as I find those bits quite interesting.
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    I've read through this entire thread and have to say I am very amused at the Daniel Craig fashion bashing going on. Some of Craig's style out of Bond mode is actually very typical of London based fashion for men aged anywhere from 30-50 so whether you agree with it or not he is in a way bang on trend. I actually like a lot of what he wears, not necessarily every combination. Pre Daniel Craig/Bond era I was already buying some of the brands he is highlighted as wearing now.

I also find it amusing the fact some have in a way belittled those who have chosen to follow him and branded them stalkers or obsessive, yet many others are on this forum discussing and obsessing the merits and pitfalls of the fashion and life style of an imaginary character and more so buying up replica products of said characters styles, kind of ironic.

Personally I don't really care what anyone chooses to base their day to day style on. We all come from different countries and backgrounds that influence our habits, what works for one may not work for the other, but demeaning other forum users choices because of this is not right. We were all young once and I'd hazard a guess had social media, as it is now, been around when Connery or Moore were playing Bond a lot of youngsters would be following them just the same, some probably did anyway.

Most of this thread has been made up of opinions and not really what it was created for. I'd like to see it get back on track as I find those bits quite interesting.
    I completely agree harv, sometimes you do see a look or item of clothing and think, that's cool and follow on, and sometimes things just happen, I bought an n peal charcoal turtle neck way before the spectre poster was released and I paired it with a navy suede jacket from zara, because zara had the jacket displayed with a black turtle neck! And most the time I wear some reiss black fleck jeans with both items, lucky coincidence that the outfit is uncannily similar to the bond outfit. I also had the Canada goose jacket two weeks before DC was photographed in his. I do take inspiration from a mix of sources DC and bond amongst them. I'm sure many people were wearing chinos before DC's bond also, most of the time bonds wardrobe style is on trend if not just ahead of. Each to their own I say and lambasting bond fans on a bond forum is beyond me?
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • TeenageBondTeenageBond London, UKPosts: 211MI6 Agent
    canoe2 wrote:
    Found this picture:

2016_01_30.jpg

Just a guess:

camera-olympus-om-30.jpg

Probably not exactly that model, but Olympus seems to make a lot of versions that look close

If it's not an actual SLR then it may be one of the older models from the OM-D line (the one below is a mini, so it's not that one):

olympusomd_mini.jpg

The first image was fairly close but the top of the camera (above the Olympus logo) seems narrower on DC's camera.

Another possible:

image.jpg

Although that is an M-1 an early model, very rare nowadays. Perhaps DC has a flare for the old fashioned things in life -{
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Daniel's a keen photographer, ........ all the best people are. ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • thelordflasheartthelordflasheart Posts: 310MI6 Agent

I agree with this very much, which is why my presence and posting on the web has gone down a lot over the past while. Much like the comments section under news stories, many forums on the internet seem to have become salons for unhappy people to complain about what they don't like. And for something as simple as clothing, there can be oddly emotional language and the idea that what appeals to a poster's personal taste is "right" and anything that doesn't is "wrong".

Sadly, that simply pushes the more thoughtful members away, and you're left with a small cabal of UHNs (I won't repeat the language here) that continue to bounce the same complaints back and forth, over and over, echoing each other's opinions. It's great for them as they feel that their views are the majority view, but it's based on a skewed sampling of opinion. The, at times, snide dismissal of certain styles or opinions means that more calm voices simply give up.

The internet has been a wonderful resource for people who are marginalized in the real world, or who live in areas where there are few if any people who share their interests. But there's a dark mirror to that in that anyone can find any group or opinion (or even "facts") that reflect their views. Sadly, as clients of mine who write for newspapers have told me, anger, fear, and unhappiness are much more motivating emotions than contentment and happiness. That means that the unhappy people will always devote more time and energy to posting, which is why, to quote a friend, "the trolls have won".

Since not posting on certain forums, and dramatically curtailing my posting on others, I enjoy my time on the internet much more. I realized that if someone posts the same thing over and over then there is nothing you can say to change their minds. But worse than that you can't even engage them. It's not a discussion or conversation, it's a bitching session for the other person to unload their unhappiness. So why bother with it? Let them wallow in their bitterness without being drawn into their drama.

I'll tell you about one of the many "aha" moments that I had about this. On a certain forum where many people revel in criticizing Craig's clothes, I mentioned that I wore a "Skyfall-style" suit to a wedding and got rave reviews from the women there. Reactions ranged from asking why I would care what 16 year old "mall rats" would think about me to why I didn't have the confidence to wear what I wanted to how shallow I was that I dressed to impress women. Meanwhile, in the real world this wedding was attended primarily by lawyers and successful business owners in their 30s and 40s. More importantly, the woman I attended with was stunningly beautiful and worked at a very high level in an accounting firm. This was of the times when I first started to think that I should leave the critics to their unhappiness and to just go on living my life.

It's funny, I was thinking of these things on the subway coming home from work yesterday. A colleague and I had been discussing news forums shutting down their comments sections (in addition to generating a lot of distasteful comments the type of people there often don't click on the advertisers's links) so a lot of this was fresh on my mind.
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,759MI6 Agent

I agree with this very much, which is why my presence and posting on the web has gone down a lot over the past while. Much like the comments section under news stories, many forums on the internet seem to have become salons for unhappy people to complain about what they don't like. And for something as simple as clothing, there can be oddly emotional language and the idea that what appeals to a poster's personal taste is "right" and anything that doesn't is "wrong".

Sadly, that simply pushes the more thoughtful members away, and you're left with a small cabal of UHNs (I won't repeat the language here) that continue to bounce the same complaints back and forth, over and over, echoing each other's opinions. It's great for them as they feel that their views are the majority view, but it's based on a skewed sampling of opinion. The, at times, snide dismissal of certain styles or opinions means that more calm voices simply give up.

The internet has been a wonderful resource for people who are marginalized in the real world, or who live in areas where there are few if any people who share their interests. But there's a dark mirror to that in that anyone can find any group or opinion (or even "facts") that reflect their views. Sadly, as clients of mine who write for newspapers have told me, anger, fear, and unhappiness are much more motivating emotions than contentment and happiness. That means that the unhappy people will always devote more time and energy to posting, which is why, to quote a friend, "the trolls have won".

Since not posting on certain forums, and dramatically curtailing my posting on others, I enjoy my time on the internet much more. I realized that if someone posts the same thing over and over then there is nothing you can say to change their minds. But worse than that you can't even engage them. It's not a discussion or conversation, it's a bitching session for the other person to unload their unhappiness. So why bother with it? Let them wallow in their bitterness without being drawn into their drama.

I'll tell you about one of the many "aha" moments that I had about this. On a certain forum where many people revel in criticizing Craig's clothes, I mentioned that I wore a "Skyfall-style" suit to a wedding and got rave reviews from the women there. Reactions ranged from asking why I would care what 16 year old "mall rats" would think about me to why I didn't have the confidence to wear what I wanted to how shallow I was that I dressed to impress women. Meanwhile, in the real world this wedding was attended primarily by lawyers and successful business owners in their 30s and 40s. More importantly, the woman I attended with was stunningly beautiful and worked at a very high level in an accounting firm. This was of the times when I first started to think that I should leave the critics to their unhappiness and to just go on living my life.

It's funny, I was thinking of these things on the subway coming home from work yesterday. A colleague and I had been discussing news forums shutting down their comments sections (in addition to generating a lot of distasteful comments the type of people there often don't click on the advertisers's links) so a lot of this was fresh on my mind.

I recall observing that exchange on the blog in question, and I agree with what you've very eloquently expressed here. -{
  • Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent

I agree but I think we already have gotten back on track a long time ago.
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
  • JMac88JMac88 Posts: 279MI6 Agent

I made this point on the first page and it went totally ignored :#. I hate to complain, but it's nice to know I'm not the only one who felt this. Thank you for bringing it up again.

Totally agree. This board is generally a much better place than many others, but I still find myself discouraged from posting more often than not. I've attempted to contribute to this thread with info on DC's clothing, but it hasn't really helped. It's felt as if we're not allowed to engage in the conversation we want to have. As someone who takes more inspiration from DC and The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, I feel this thread has a lot of potential that I don't want to see wasted.

And before anyone points out, I'm aware of the irony in my post (bitching about bitchfests) -{
    edited January 2016
    Has anyone worked out what bag (Holdall in his right hand) Daniel Craig is carrying in this photo? I thought maybe Barbour or Belstaff but haven't tracked it down. I assume its an old photo so may not be stocked any more anyway. It's possible it may have been covered in another thread but I am yet to come across. Thanks in advance.

19821029373_70983b62ef_h.jpg
    I'm glad my post has perhaps given a little positivity to a few people and I do very much hope you continue to post your thoughts and interests as I will enjoy reading them :) onward and upward.
    Has anyone worked out what bag (Holdall in his right hand) Daniel Craig is carrying in this photo? I thought maybe Barbour or Belstaff but haven't tracked it down. I assume its an old photo so may not be stocked any more anyway. It's possible it may have been covered in another thread but I am yet to come across. Thanks in advance.

When I was searching around for options to the BC travel bag I came across some Filsons that looked like that. Maybe try there? Or it maybe it's the JCrew one used in the film?
    edited January 2016
    canoe2 wrote:
    Found this picture:

2016_01_30.jpg

Just a guess:

camera-olympus-om-30.jpg

olympusomd_mini.jpg

The first image was fairly close but the top of the camera (above the Olympus logo) seems narrower on DC's camera.

Another possible:

image.jpg

Although that is an OM-1 an early model, very rare nowadays. Perhaps DC has a flare for the old fashioned things in life -{

The M-1 was a very popular camera back in the 70's from memory I believe it was the professionals choice for beginning a photography career .... probably why they retain value as even digital photographers still like to hone their skills on vintage 35mm cameras on occasion.

The photo of Craig is very candid, its a great relaxed shot and reminds me a little of the James Dean photo of him and his medium format camera, although I have to say Dean's photo here is effortlessly cool, I'm not surprised McQueen tried to emulate his acting style early in his career.

James+Dean+with+a+Rolleiflex.jpg
  • crt007crt007 Posts: 86MI6 Agent
    canoe2 wrote:

When I was searching around for options to the BC travel bag I came across some Filsons that looked like that. Maybe try there? Or it maybe it's the JCrew one used in the film?

It's a flight bag from Frost River. Made in the USA.

https://www.frostriver.com/shop/luggage/flight-bag/
  • DB6DB6 EnglandPosts: 1,196MI6 Agent
    edited May 2016
    Nice bag but very oily feel with the fabric - better as canoe packs....
    My name has changed! I’m no longer dufus......now I’m DB6
    Thanks crt007, much appreciated.
  • sruzgarsruzgar Welcome to ScotlandPosts: 1,468MI6 Agent
    crt007 beat me to it, I picked up this bag last year and its fantastic!

Did ayone here bid on signed DC cap that was up for auction, the auctioneers website said the lot never sold, however when I contacted the listing company they said it had which seems rather subious especially since I had place an absentee bid which was not accepted. Maybe someone here with better eyes than me can spot the name of the brand seen on the label?

dc_cap.jpg
    Fairly certain its this cap:
    daniel-radcliffe-ella-nyc-04032014-lead01-600x450.jpg
    sruzgar wrote:
    crt007 beat me to it, I picked up this bag last year and its fantastic!

Did ayone here bid on signed DC cap that was up for auction, the auctioneers website said the lot never sold, however when I contacted the listing company they said it had which seems rather subious especially since I had place an absentee bid which was not accepted. Maybe someone here with better eyes than me can spot the name of the brand seen on the label?

dc_cap.jpg
    Fairly certain its this cap:
    daniel-radcliffe-ella-nyc-04032014-lead01-600x450.jpg
    Hi, the make is granule, my wife has a ladies cap from them, identical label in hers. Hope this helps,
  • sruzgarsruzgar Welcome to ScotlandPosts: 1,468MI6 Agent
    Ahh cool Thanks! thats what I thought it said but could not find anything, evidently its a super cheap hat from target or walmart thats impossible to find.
    My wife bought hers from eBay, maybe worth a shot? But I gather it's a pretty cheap make, good luck with your hat hunting.