Possible alternative to varatos jacket

Comments

• VandrellVandrell London, EnglandPosts: 324MI6 Agent
    Excuse the poor photo but this is the Zara jaacket. £59 and they had a selection of sizes in my local.
    image.jpg
  • thelordflasheartthelordflasheart Posts: 310MI6 Agent
    That's a different jacket than the one I posted. The one in your photo is cheaper and has a lot of detailing on it that the other one doesn't.
    Vandrell wrote:
    Excuse the poor photo but this is the Zara jaacket. £59 and they had a selection of sizes in my local.
    image.jpg
  • VandrellVandrell London, EnglandPosts: 324MI6 Agent
    The only other one i could see in there was black. So maybe its not out yet like everyone was saying.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,585Chief of Staff
    Vandrell wrote:
    The only other one i could see in there was black. So maybe its not out yet like everyone was saying.

I tried on a completely different one to that...or even to the one others have mentioned...I liked the one I tried on, but I want to try the 'better' version one on...there only seem to be mediums out there so far...it says that Manchester and London have them in in that size...
    YNWA 97
  • kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent
    Don't mean to derail this thread but spotted this on Zara while looking at the JV alternative, and thought the colour could make it a budget Matchless Morocco blouson...

http://www.zara.com/uk/en/man/jackets/view-all/suede-jacket-c758501p2774455.html

image.jpg
  • Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    kadd wrote:
    Don't mean to derail this thread but spotted this on Zara while looking at the JV alternative, and thought the colour could make it a budget Matchless Morocco blouson...

http://www.zara.com/uk/en/man/jackets/view-all/suede-jacket-c758501p2774455.html

image.jpg

Wrong collar but not bad.
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
    kadd wrote:

image.jpg

Wrong collar but not bad.

Agree. I haven't found anything with a similar collar to either the JV or Matchless. Most suede jackets seem to have a standard biker style collar
  • Martin AstonMartin Aston LondonPosts: 408MI6 Agent
    image.jpg

Sir Miles, is this the one you saw in Zara?
  • SeamastSeamast SevillePosts: 119MI6 Agent
    Yesterday I went to a Zara local store and tried on the blue jacket. The material is very good and also the colour and texture, but the jacket is too long and too narow in the waist. I believe is not the style of the jv blue jacket and it is much more similar to a harrington jacket. I tried on the S,M and L size and anything was Ok.
    image.jpg

Alas not...my local branch only carried this one...

image.jpg

The fit was very good...it was well constructed too...I was very tempted to buy it but I want to see what the 'other' Zara jacket looks like first...

Thanks for photo though -{
    YNWA 97
  • SeamastSeamast SevillePosts: 119MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    image.jpg

image.jpg

The fit was very good...it was well constructed too...I was very tempted to buy it but I want to see what the 'other' Zara jacket looks like first...

I believe the most similar zara jacket is this:
    REF. 4341/398

image.jpg

image.jpg
    Seamast wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:
    image.jpg

image.jpg

I believe the most similar zara jacket is this:
    REF. 4341/398

image.jpg

image.jpg

You are right it is - it was thelordflasheart that brought that Zara jacket to our attention....we've just struggled to see one in store...but found others.... -{
    YNWA 97
  • UNCLE27UNCLE27 EnglandPosts: 1,118MI6 Agent
    Well, I have got my hands on the Zara alternative jacket :D
    Their website said they had Size Large available in store at Bluewater but I couldn't find them. I tried on a different suede leather jacket size XL which was an excellent fit for me so I took the plunge and ordered online yesterday - and it arrived today!! Free shipping, standard delivery - Result!! :D

First impressions.... Excellent! Nicely made, fits perfectly and at £99 I'd say it was a bargain!! I've not seen a JV jacket to compare it to but I'd say it's probably the closest alternative out there. It has black zips on the cuffs and has an internal placket pocket large enough for your PPK :007)
    And it's definitely a dark blue, despite what these pictures may suggest.

I'm impressed. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to the NPeal website....

image.jpg

image.jpg
  • NikoNiko Posts: 73MI6 Agent
    I also picked up the Zara alternative to the JV jacket yesterday. I ordered a size small on-line because they didn't have any of these jackets in my local store. From the information on the postal sticker mine got shipped in from Spain so they seem to be in low supply here in the UK.

Like Uncle27 my first impressions of the jacket are good. It's a nice dark blue colour, it's not too heavy and feels well made (I haven't had my hands on the original JV jacket to compare).

My one issue with the jacket is that the bottom of the jacket is tight across the hips when the zip is fastened. Otherwise it's a nice comfortable slim fit in the chest, shoulders and arms. If you do find them in store it may be worth trying a size up from your usual sizing.

For the amount of use i see myself getting out of this jacket this is a very good alternative at the price and it does look good with the mock turtleneck.
    Just stepped out of Zara Covent Garden in London, and it has sizes S - XL for anyone looking
    Well done, guys -{

Now...how about some pics of you wearing the jacket....please :D
    YNWA 97
  • ThomoThomo ReadingPosts: 949MI6 Agent
    My local Zara didn't have but have ordered on line. Fingers crossed
    Thomo wrote:
    My local Zara didn't have but have ordered on line. Fingers crossed

I'm tempted to do that...but would rather try one on first...or at least get some some 'proper' feedback from you lot -{ :D
    YNWA 97
    I've ordered a M based on their size guide - the model in the picture on their site is about 6'1 and wears a L I'm 5'10 so thinking the M is right for me
  • Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
    edited September 2015
    I was in Zara yesterday no sign of thev JV alternative but there was the brown one which I tried. I am a 38 - 39 chest and small was too tight to do up so I ordered the navy blue one size up. Should be in store in a few days

Keep you posted heading to London next week may pop into JV to try out some sizing there for Oct. also going to check our N Peal inThe Arcade and try some sizes there too ready for some Christmas presents for myself :007)

Just out of interest what colour is the JV Blue or Black?

Cheers :-)
    My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!
  • Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
    Problem between screen and keyboard!
    My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!
  • James BrosnanJames Brosnan Posts: 865MI6 Agent
    So, I bought a size small Zara and just got it in the mail. I usually take an XS in jackets, but as small is all they have, I decided to give it a shot. I do not own the JV jacket nor have I ever tried it on.

Pros:
    - They really got a good, budget faux suede option and made the pig leather much softer and more light weight than usual.

- All the major features of the JV jacket is here (side pockets, sleeve zippers, suede look).

- Decent price for a budget alternative.

Cons:

- The jacket seems longer than the JV jacket. It does not sit right below the belt, rather, it comes lower by about 1-2 inches.

- The zippers are cheap. Very cheap. This was one place that they saved money on to keep the price low.

- For me, the sleeves are way too long. This is only a problem because getting the sleeves shortened on a leather jacket can be expensive and hard to find a tailor who can do it. Also, never got sleeves with zippers shortened before, not sure if that makes it any harder or not.

- The jacket is dark. It really just comes off as back to me. I don't think the JV jacket is this dark.

I will not be keeping the jacket. I plan on returning it. I think its a good frugal alternative, but its just not close enough for me. I'll wait for a better option, a replica, or just get the real thing eventually. Here are some pics, hope this helps:

IMG_3829.jpg

IMG_3830.jpg

IMG_3831.jpg

IMG_4063.jpg

IMG_4064.jpg

IMG_4065.jpg

IMG_4066.jpg

IMG_4067.jpg
    "Whoever she was, I must have scared the living daylights out of her." & "Tell mother I died game."
    CR/QoS, TLD, DN, GE, TSWLM, LTK, TND, TWiNE, TMWTGG, TB
    http://www.iconicalternatives.com/author/james-brosnan/
    https://www.instagram.com/shawn.michael.bongiorno/
  • cmdr_bongcmdr_bong AustraliaPosts: 202MI6 Agent
    I actually think that looks like a pretty nice alternative. The problem IMHO is that the jacket is too big on you. I know ZARA do not do a XS for Men, so you are out of luck there.
  • James BrosnanJames Brosnan Posts: 865MI6 Agent
    cmdr_bong wrote:
    I actually think that looks like a pretty nice alternative. The problem IMHO is that the jacket is too big on you. I know ZARA do not do a XS for Men, so you are out of luck there.

Exactly. I agree, for the price, it is a great alternative. But, it is too big for me. It needs a slim fit look, and I'm just not gonna get that from this. It's weird though, for a small, it's still pretty slim compared to smalls in other brands. Well, it's slim in the arms, but not in the body. It's an odd fit and so it's hard to say size up or down.
    "Whoever she was, I must have scared the living daylights out of her." & "Tell mother I died game."
    CR/QoS, TLD, DN, GE, TSWLM, LTK, TND, TWiNE, TMWTGG, TB
    http://www.iconicalternatives.com/author/james-brosnan/
    https://www.instagram.com/shawn.michael.bongiorno/
    Thanks for the pics -{

Need to try one on now B-)
    YNWA 97
    Have to Zara delivery was excellent, ordered late yesterday afternoon delivered today! Ordered an M but its too small so gotta go back and I've ordered an L now. for the Record I'm 5'10 so think the sizing is small side rather than large side - Fingers crossed the L will be a good fit. The quality of the item seems pretty good though
  • UNCLE27UNCLE27 EnglandPosts: 1,118MI6 Agent
    Zara at Bluewater (Kent) now have these in stock in all sizes.
    image.jpg
  • PPKPPK Posts: 60MI6 Agent
    Hello,
    my Zara alternative arrived today, and it is really a good alternative.
    Top JV (S) bottom Zara (M)
    IMG_1084.jpg

the colour is really close and have a nice fitted look on me.
    I wear small in JV and tried the Zara one in small and medium and they
    are really slimline.
    So i had to go with the medium one.
    The alternative give a really authentic overall look.

It's not as soft as the Hugo Boss alternative but for the price its a awesome jacket.

Sascha

PS: Here is a really cheap pants alternativ i found.
    http://www.asos.de/River-Island-Anzughose-mit-kleinem-Hahnentrittmuster/15comp/?iid=4463457&mporgp=L1JpdmVyLUlzbGFuZC9SaXZlci1Jc2xhbmQtU3VpdC1Ucm91c2Vycy1Jbi1Eb2d0b290aC1QcmludC9Qcm9kLw..
  • cmdr_bongcmdr_bong AustraliaPosts: 202MI6 Agent
    Just so everyone who's interested in picking up the ZARA alternative, ZARA runs on European sizings. So you should always go up a size. Obviously they are all very slim-fitted so choose accordingly. I wear a size Medium / 40 chest generally, and I ALWAYS wear a size Large in ZARA. Even when the jacket says US:M / EU:40, I always go up to their US:L EU:42.
    Great to see all the pictures of these Zara jackets - thanks guys -{
    YNWA 97