A Very Special Daniel Craig item!

Comments

• GSGS Posts: 333MI6 Agent
    Paul,

I have the rm Williams in an 8g, the C&j Skye in 8e and the church Ryder 3s in 8s.... I find they all fit perfectly so wouldn't say there was a variation between them and the rm Williams fit very true to size, they are great boots.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    GS wrote:
    Paul,

I have the rm Williams in an 8g, the C&j Skye in 8e and the church Ryder 3s in 8s.... I find they all fit perfectly so wouldn't say there was a variation between them and the rm Williams fit very true to size, they are great boots.

Hi Grant

Thanks for the info. To add to the confusion I find my Skyes in 11e perfect but Churches in 11f are a little tight lol
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    Sorry f not s...
    I think you'll be fine in the 11g, just tried all 3 on and C&J are closer in fit to the rm Williams. The Ryder 3s feel a little different
    Cool will def grab a pair!!
    I think you'll like them, I wear mine all the time and the C&Js.... The Ryder 3s get less airtime as it is always wet here!
    GS wrote:
    ]The Ryder 3s get less airtime as it is always wet here!

Snap! :)

They do looks cool with jeans etc
  • VandrellVandrell London, EnglandPosts: 324MI6 Agent
    Haha sorry mate, i read that back and realised it was no help what so ever! I am half a size up from C&J (which is under my normal size). My Ryder III's are an 11 as are my other Churches shoes.

Never thought of getting them straight from Oz. They are £305 in the UK.
  • Jeff LynneJeff Lynne Washington DCPosts: 53MI6 Agent
    I just got a pair of Comfort Craftsman in Chestnut and absolutely love them. Sizing was a bit odd for me though. I'm usually a 9.5UK in trainers and 9UK in formal shoes and boots. I initially ordered a 9G but ended up swapping for 8.5G. There's no distinguishable difference in width, but the length was a little long on the 9's and the instep was a bit high. The 8.5G fit perfect, maybe a touch snug, but they'll stretch a little over time. Pull the trigger, you'll love them. I'm already considering another pair in black or a lighter suede.
    Cheers guys. Everybody slightly diff lol

Ordered a pair in my CJ size - fingers crossed!! :007)
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    edited April 2018
    Okay, time for some really bad selfies. My jacket is a 54 and ideally I'd wear a slim 52.

Some words of warning: my 2 year-old Moto X does not have the best camera, merely adequate at best. My digital camera died so it's all I have. Sorry the mirror is dirty.

First, Daniel Craig movie jackets past and present.

Dunhill_and_JV.jpg

The John Varvatos Cafe Suede Racer and the Dunhill Layer Cake leather jacket.

Dunhill_Front_Zipped_B.jpg

While certainly a size too big, I'm not swimming in it. Length of the jacket and the sleeves is pretty good. Makes you wonder if Daniel Craig sized down or tailored his jacket.

Dunhill_Open_1.jpg

It's also obvious that the previous owner of my jacket didn't wear it much if at all. It doesn't want to flop open and reveal the red lining as Daniel Craig's and Dougray Scott's well-worn jackets do.

Dunhill_Profile.jpg
    Fantastic; it is not far off a great fit, I think the length and sleeves look spot on.

Mine has 'cleared customs' so hope I get it in the next few days but have no idea how it will fit me! If it needs altering I might take it to the London Dunhill store and see if they can help.
    edited December 2015
    Very nice Steve!!!

Cool - any day now Grant!
  • CRBCRB Posts: 483MI6 Agent
    Excellent Westward_Drift - looks fantastic. Don't change a thing.
    Thanks, guys. ;%

It's amazing the reaction certain women are having to the jacket. Let us know if your wife forgives you for the purchase after seeing you in it, Grant. Looking forward to your pics!
    What purchase? I've had it for ages.... Honest!
    That's her line usually so I may borrow it.... Can't wait to get it! I will post photos I promise.
    IMG_0465.jpg

IMG_0467.jpg

Two very quick (and terrible) images attached - arrived last night. I'm pleased - also not worn in yet so you can't see the lining.
    Is that the altered 52? I can see where he altered it now.
    Yes it is. Am I right in thinking you have one you've altered? Let me know if you need any further photos taking of the interior if you need them
    Sorry I meant were planning on altering....
    edited December 2015
    Grant, looks great on you! It does not need additional tailoring. {[]

Interesting comparing the cut of your jacket to mine and seeing what Dunhill can do with the alterations.

So three of the four Dunhills that were "released into the wild" this year went to people active on this board. The only mystery left is who purchased the 52 with the ripped lining.
    Thanks Steve. I think they must have taken some out of the back seam as it is much more fitted around the chest. CRB may be able to shed more light on what has been done, I'm in no way an expert....
    I wish it had the same zip as yours but that's a minor complaint!
    Now does anyone want a Wested version? I'm a 38R it is black not dark brown and if it anyone wants it they can have it for just the cost of postage.
    I do prefer the single zipper. Unclear why Dunhill made the different versions. Maybe you can see if Dunhill can replace the pulls. Double zip with branded metal pulls would look good.

How's your freedom of movement? It looks much better on you than in some pictures of Daniel Craig where it looks like he's squeezed into a sausage casing.
    Good idea... I'll go in ask them as it can't be too complicated - just depends if they carry any similar ones.

It's good so far but I haven't really worn it other than in front of the mirror! I shall report back... You're very kind to say that - I'm sure it will be only time that comparison is made between DC and I!

Have you worn yours much?
    I think Dunhill's current zipper pulls are branded (mine is unbranded). At least you can drop in a Dunhill store. The closest one to me is in Las Vegas.

I haven't had a chance to wear it out and about much yet. Winter is not co-operative. Hoping to wear it out this weekend since it should be dry and not exceedingly cold.
    Could you post a close up please? - it will help when I go and ask!
    It is quite mild over here but still a little too cold.. I'm sure next Spring I will wear it a lot.
    Hope you get the chance this weekend!
    edited April 2018
    Ask and you shall receive.

The pull is angled and reflective, so pictures are difficult but here you are. Length is approximately 3 cm.

IMG_20151218_091613802_2.jpg

IMG_20151218_091600641_2.jpg

IMG_20151218_091216301_HDR.jpg
    Thank you so much, that's really helpful and kind of you.
    GS wrote:
    Yes it is. Am I right in thinking you have one you've altered? Let me know if you need any further photos taking of the interior if you need them

Unfortunately I don't have one at all. Sorry to be bluntly honest but I much prefer the unaltered one, the altered one, while a lovely jacket in it's own right, is a different pattern - one that would not look good on me.
    Apologies, I thought you'd bought the 58 earlier this year. I'm ok with the alterations as it fits me and I couldn't keep waiting another 5 years to find one on eBay!
    Ah, that was jared_nomak . I'm not sure what the fate of that particular jacket was ...