Any info regarding Spectre's gunbarrel?

I.e. does the design differ from Skyfall? Is it at the beginning of the fillm?

Comments

• Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Like Skyfall's was supposed to be, it is also supposed to be at the beginning of Spectre. I hope it looks better than Craig's others, which all looked lame.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • Agent LeeAgent Lee Posts: 254MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    Like Skyfall's was supposed to be, it is also supposed to be at the beginning of Spectre. I hope it looks better than Craig's others, which all looked lame.

Agreed. Especially QoS and SF. I don't know why they can't seem to nail the gun barrel with Craig. I'm really hoping that SPECTRE marks the return of a more classic looking GB. Also, I've been totally fine with it being at the end of the movies thus far (in fact, I think in both QoS and SF it works better that way) but I think it's time for it to go back to the beginning of the film. I have no info on what to expect, but here's hoping.
    Wish I Was at Disneyland, podcast about Disneyland, Disney news, Disney movies, Star Wars, and life in Southern California.
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/wish-i-was-at-disneyland/id1202780413?mt=2
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I thought the Gun barrel in SF was great. -{ Bond out of a tux
    and back in a suit. :)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    There won't be a real gun barrel this time. Instead we'll get a freeze frame of Sam Smith's open mouth as Bond strolls through from right to left just before we hear the first falsetto notes of the theme song. Nah, just trying to stir things up a bit. Sorry! :p
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • Virgil37Virgil37 Posts: 1,212MI6 Agent
    I'd love it to be the classic one, the Maurice Binder one. But it won't happen.
  • James BrosnanJames Brosnan Posts: 865MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    I hope it looks better than Craig's others, which all looked lame.

+1. Was reminded of this when I watched all three Craig films recently and then watched GE.
    "Whoever she was, I must have scared the living daylights out of her." & "Tell mother I died game."
    CR/QoS, TLD, DN, GE, TSWLM, LTK, TND, TWiNE, TMWTGG, TB
    http://www.iconicalternatives.com/author/james-brosnan/
    https://www.instagram.com/shawn.michael.bongiorno/
  • Agent LeeAgent Lee Posts: 254MI6 Agent

Yeah it was great to see Bond back in the suit, but the gun barrel itself didn't look good at all. Compare to Brosnan's Maurice Binder-inspired gun barrel's and the Craig ones don't even come close to being as cool. Best thing for them to do at this point would be to go back to the Brosnan gun barrel and just stick Craig in there.
    Wish I Was at Disneyland, podcast about Disneyland, Disney news, Disney movies, Star Wars, and life in Southern California.
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/wish-i-was-at-disneyland/id1202780413?mt=2
    Agent Lee wrote:

Yeah it was great to see Bond back in the suit, but the gun barrel itself didn't look good at all. Compare to Brosnan's Maurice Binder-inspired gun barrel's and the Craig ones don't even come close to being as cool. Best thing for them to do at this point would be to go back to the Brosnan gun barrel and just stick Craig in there.

The problem with Brosnan's gunbarrel is that the dots don't open into the gunbarrel. That was something I didn't know until I got the DVDs of the older films since the TV screen wasn't wide enough in those days. (I was born in the 80s)
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    I have no issues with Craig's gunbarrel sequences...but I'm just enough of a traditionalist to want them at the very beginning ;)
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • blame_thatcherblame_thatcher Posts: 199MI6 Agent
    Craig filmed a new gunbarrel walk for Spectre.
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    I have no issues with Craig's gunbarrel sequences...but I'm just enough of a traditionalist to want them at the very beginning ;)

My feelings too.
  • IanTIanT Posts: 573MI6 Agent
    I thought the gun barrel in CR was the best yet. It just fit perfectly.

Right up until the CGI blood dripped...
  • HalconHalcon Zen TemplePosts: 486MI6 Agent
    The problem is, Craig is not really a very 'cool' or charismatic person, at least not naturally. He needs props and help.

I don't think the gunbarrel sequence will ever be as good as any of the other fellas for this reason. But this is a very small thing, nothing to lose sleep over. I still like Craig as Bond overall.
  • Golrush007Golrush007 South AfricaPosts: 3,419Quartermasters
    I too wish they would go back to the Maurice Binder style graphic. I'm perfectly happy with the way that the Daniel Kleinman version from the Brosnan films looks, it just needs Craig in the shot and it would be great.
  • CmdrAtticusCmdrAtticus United StatesPosts: 1,102MI6 Agent
    From the tidbits I've read here and there, it seems Mendes will have the gunbarrel opening the film.
  • bryno92bryno92 Wisconsin, USAPosts: 46MI6 Agent
    Those gunbarrels in the beginning give me an intense adrenaline rush so I'm hoping to experience that in theatres, as this is my first one I will see in a theatre. Really disappointed DC has not had a good one yet. But I remember seeing a post of a conversation with DC, Mendes, and a reporter about a gunbarrel in the beginning and it seems they are bringing it back.
    I think many of us would love to see it back at the beginning of the film. {[]
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • ToTheRightToTheRight Posts: 314MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    Agent Lee wrote:

The problem with Brosnan's gunbarrel is that the dots don't open into the gunbarrel. That was something I didn't know until I got the DVDs of the older films since the TV screen wasn't wide enough in those days. (I was born in the 80s)

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed that. In fact Brosnan's gun barrels reminded me of the old pan and scan VHS Bond films that didn't show the dot opening into the barrel. On the old CBS/Fox Home Videos editions, FYEO was the only Moore film that was panned so you could see the dot opening.
    Another detail about the Brosnan versions, the blood was brightened slightly with each film. Only really noticeable in the cinema as the DVDs and blue rays seemed to be color timed similar. In the cinema, GoldenEye's blood was dark enough it could easily pass for maroon. I still have yet to see a few of the Bonds on blu-ray, but I have never seen a classic Binder gunbarrel on dvd look like it did in the cinema. The blood is either a bit too orange or magenta. In the theatre the blood from Thunderball thru LTK had a thickness, richness that must be hard to duplicate when transferring to disc. Primary red, not too bright or dark.
    None of the Craig sequences have impressed me at all. I'm hoping SPECTRE's remedies that.
    ToTheRight wrote:
    Matt S wrote:
    Agent Lee wrote:

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed that. In fact Brosnan's gun barrels reminded me of the old pan and scan VHS Bond films that didn't show the dot opening into the barrel. On the old CBS/Fox Home Videos editions, FYEO was the only Moore film that was panned so you could see the dot opening.
    Another detail about the Brosnan versions, the blood was brightened slightly with each film. Only really noticeable in the cinema as the DVDs and blue rays seemed to be color timed similar. In the cinema, GoldenEye's blood was dark enough it could easily pass for maroon. I still have yet to see a few of the Bonds on blu-ray, but I have never seen a classic Binder gunbarrel on dvd look like it did in the cinema. The blood is either a bit too orange or magenta. In the theatre the blood from Thunderball thru LTK had a thickness, richness that must be hard to duplicate when transferring to disc. Primary red, not too bright or dark.
    None of the Craig sequences have impressed me at all. I'm hoping SPECTRE's remedies that.

I've seen different VHS tapes that panned the gunbarrel, but I thought that was the worst. Sometimes the gunbarrel would be off centre, and other times it would look like Bond was walking in place.
  • JG007JG007 Manchester , United KingdomPosts: 276MI6 Agent
    Good news!!

Spoken to somebody who's been to the screening tonight , and...............

It's back to the opening of the movie , now to see it for myself and indulge in the moment on Monday -{
    Some people will still find a fault with it. :))
  • bryno92bryno92 Wisconsin, USAPosts: 46MI6 Agent
    Thanks for the confirmation! -{
  • JG007JG007 Manchester , United KingdomPosts: 276MI6 Agent
    I've heard that the music is classic theme , must be incredibly picky or just unfairly critical to find fault , there's always the minority though :s

-{
    JG007 wrote:
    I've heard that the music is classic theme , must be incredibly picky or just unfairly critical to find fault , there's always the minority though :s

-{

That sounds excellent! -{

There's no way it could ever be as good as a Barry/Binder gunbarrel, but asking for that would simply be unfair.
    :)) like I said in post 22 :))
    Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We finally have a James Bond movie with Daniel Craig that starts like...dare I say, a James Bond movie. Glad to hear the music is classic too. I wonder if it's a new sequence or if they re-used Skyfall's?
  • Virgil37Virgil37 Posts: 1,212MI6 Agent
    ToTheRight wrote:
    Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We finally have a James Bond movie with Daniel Craig that starts like...dare I say, a James Bond movie. Glad to hear the music is classic too. I wonder if it's a new sequence or if they re-used Skyfall's?

They shot it again. It's actually the fourth gunbarrel with Daniel Craig. He's the actor with more gunbarrels shot, by now he should be an expert. :D
    Virgil37 wrote:
    ToTheRight wrote:

They shot it again. It's actually the fourth gunbarrel with Daniel Craig. He's the actor with more gunbarrels shot, by now he should be an expert. :D

I wouldn't count CR, but he still has the most gunbarrels.
    Can't wait to see his stance this time. Hopefully the blood oozes slowly enough the orchestra actually has time to play the Bond melody. In QoS and SF it just sort of plops down. Also from what I'm reading it seems like more fun has been brought back into this one. This could well end up being my favorite Craig film.
  • Vicsane007Vicsane007 Posts: 167MI6 Agent
    My question is, are they bringing back the classic feather looking gun barrel? DC era gun barrel just doesn't seem Bond enough IMHO.
    "Some men are coming to kill us. We're going to kill them first."