Next Bond after Craig: Rumours, etc

Comments

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,796MI6 Agent
    Mr_Osato wrote:
    Number24 wrote:
    I don't think there is any reason to re-cast the MI6 regulars or Felix for a long time, regardless of who the next Bond us. They are first-rate actors and none of them are old.

Exactly. Great cast of characters. I am not a Craig fan either, he misses the sophistication and class that Brosnan, Connery had. But must admit he made some great Bond movies and I thought his performance in SPECTRE was his best.

We might need a new Bond, although Craig is still physically very fit despite his age, but the rest of the cast can stay. my only issue with the 'supporting' cast is that they might be too much involved in the stories: I dont need to see M, Q and Moneypenny in missions together with Bond.

I prefer Bond to come to M's office, gets a briefing, flirts with moneypenny, collects his gadgets from Q and gets on with it. With such established actors now in those supporting roles, I expect that they will be more involved in the stories, which is not something I would like to see. At least not every movie.

I agree with your third paragraph. They should go back to the classic way they introduced James Bond in every movie. Bond on a mission. Returns to the office. Miss Moneypenny flirts and James puts on the charm. Bond enters M's office. Bond visits Q for his new gadgets. Bond goes on a new mission. M should stay at the desk and not be on the field. They should bring Felix back to help Bond, not use Moneypenny.

I agree, but not completely. In the Craig years M spent far too much time following Bond around the globe, and I want to see far less of that. The new Moneypenny is a former agent, but she chose another career. She should spend much of her time in the office, but she could be sent on a few jobs for M that look low-risk. Making her a side-kick to Bond would be a major mistake, but she could be seen in the field once or time.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,579Chief of Staff
    I'm a big fan of TH and sometimes I think he wouldn't pass for James Bond, and then I see a picture like this and he looks perfect, in my opinion.

3_E1_F1_CA300000578_0_image_m_53_1489111431119.jpg
    He doesn't have a very masculine frame or bone structure.

So you think he looks feminine ? :o :D

Just watched Kong: Skull Island and Hiddleston looked pretty damn fine in that -{
    YNWA 97
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    I cant wait until all this is over regardless whose Bond :))
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    I'm a big fan of TH and sometimes I think he wouldn't pass for James Bond, and then I see a picture like this and he looks perfect, in my opinion.

3_E1_F1_CA300000578_0_image_m_53_1489111431119.jpg

Just watched Kong: Skull Island and Hiddleston looked pretty damn fine in that -{

The big shoulders of his suit are attempting to make his body look more masculine, but his hips are rather narrow for him to look at all feminine. As for his face, he has a weak jawline.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I wish I was lucky enough to be as bad looking as him ! :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."

I was thinking the damn same thing :))
    YNWA 97
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:

Just saw it as well and while I previously had some doubts about how well TH would do as Bond, after seeing him in that I am confident that with a decent script and a good director he'd do a fine job.
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent
    At least as fit as Brosnan ever was.

tumblr_o3j3daJMxV1qej1i6o1_1280.png

da188b92-520f-11e6-98ca-49b1c9e3ed10_1280x720.jpg
    Although I enjoyed TH in the night manager I still think Fassbender would be a much better choice - I think he would have been perfect.
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Although I enjoyed TH in the night manager I still think Fassbender would be a much better choice - I think he would have been perfect.

I agree with you...Fassbender would have been an inspired choice...I think Hiddleston is a sort of 'Fassbender-lite' option...but still a good option -{
    YNWA 97
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    20170312_112409.jpg

20170312_112433.jpg

I thought this thread needing balancing, what with all this man flesh on show. Also I think evangeline lilly would make a great bond girl, along the holly goodhead / camille vein.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    I was very impressed with Brie Larson in Kong: Skull Island -{
    YNWA 97
    Sir Miles wrote:
    I was very impressed with Brie Larson in Kong: Skull Island -{
    She too has impressive.... Acting skills :007)
    edited March 2017
    If you haven't seen her in "Room" I can recomend it highly. Her acting is first rate and it was oneof the best movies of 2016.
    Are you guys thinking Brie Larson is now the front-runner? :D
    Number24 wrote:
    If you haven't seen her in "Room" I can recomend it highly. Her acting is first rate and it was oneof the best movies of 2016.
    It was on UK TV last night.
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

The big shoulders of his suit are attempting to make his body look more masculine, but his hips are rather narrow for him to look at all feminine. As for his face, he has a weak jawline.
    What Matt said, He doesn't look feminine he just doesn't look intimidating or as masculine as a Bond actor should be, he's better suited as the weaselly villain. And I agree with Welshboy, Fassbender is the right mix of masculine and tough but also suave and charming.
    And I agree with Welshboy, Fassbender is the right mix of masculine and tough but also suave and charming.

Indeed - if I was EON I would snap him up since it looks like X-Men coming to an end and Assassins Creed appearing to be a bit of a flop
    I wonder if "The Snowman" becomes a hit and Fassbender gets a franchise buildt on the Harry Hole-books by Jo Nesbø?
    welshboy78 wrote:
    And I agree with Welshboy, Fassbender is the right mix of masculine and tough but also suave and charming.

Indeed - if I was EON I would snap him up since it looks like X-Men coming to an end and Assassins Creed appearing to be a bit of a flop

Is there any chance of EON hiring a huge movie star to play Bond? They've hired two big television stars for Bond, but never a big movie star before. I don't doubt that Fassbender could be a great Bond, but he seems very unlikely. But if the Hiddlesston rumours are true, then Fassbender could have a chance since Hiddleston is a bigger movie star than any Bond actors were before they were Bond (though he's still not as big a star as Fassbender is). My biggest problem with Fassbender is that with the current rate of Bond films, I think the Bond actor should still be in his 30s when he starts as Bond.
    Number24 wrote:
    I wonder if "The Snowman" becomes a hit and Fassbender gets a franchise buildt on the Harry Hole-books by Jo Nesbø?

Ah forgot about this one - look forward to it!
  • superdaddysuperdaddy englandPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

What Matt said, He doesn't look feminine he just doesn't look intimidating or as masculine as a Bond actor should be, he's better suited as the weaselly villain. And I agree with Welshboy, Fassbender is the right mix of masculine and tough but also suave and charming.
    thought TH looks perfect for Bond on Skull Island trailers(not seen film yet)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Gala BrandGala Brand Posts: 1,172MI6 Agent

Hmmm, Jack Huston. Most famous for starring in a huge flop.

That should reassure potential distributors.

And the article's all over the place. It's Huston. Then it's going to be a black actor. Maybe Idris Elba, maybe not. Then Huston's only at the top of a list. Then it's probable that Craig will come back. :#
    :)) I thought I'd post it for fun.

I think Fassbender & Hiddleston are similar 'body' types...Hiddleston looks good enough in Kong...maybe it's the roles Hiddleston has had so far...?
    YNWA 97
  • zaphod99zaphod99 Posts: 1,415MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:

I was thinking the damn same thing :))

Same here
    Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    Saw the new Kong film today. It was actually quite good....much better than I even expected. Very tightly paced and well edited....kind of reminded me of Dr. No in a kind of abstract way. Hiddleston is good in it and definitly Bond-like as the ex-SAS tracker. He handles the action very well including a hand to hand scene. He even does his own version of the "Bond walk". Given a good script I think Hiddleston could really bring something to Bond. I think he has the chops to bring back the sauveness and cleverness to the role while performing extreme acts of violence with a disturbing detachment and an element of sadistic humor. If Craig does not return IMO Hiddleston could be a keeper.
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,759MI6 Agent
    HowardB wrote:
    I think he has the chops to bring back the sauveness and cleverness to the role while performing extreme acts of violence with a disturbing detachment and an element of sadistic humor.

I agree.
    I just saw Skull Island. Really good popcorn movie and Hiddleston locked very much a like an action hero. But in my opinion he looks a lot like the current M!
    He looks like Ralph Fiennes' younger brother, only not the one in Shakespear in Love.
This discussion has been closed.