• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,796MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    nobody wrote:
    Yellow snow would not.

That was Spectre!
    :))

:))
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    http://pagesix.com/2017/04/03/daniel-craig-ready-for-more-007-after-slash-my-wrist-diss/

So are we talking a pinch, a bag or a truck full of salt? Not too familiar with pagesix so not sure how reputable their "sources" are.

Anyway if there's truth in the story it's upsetting news for any Hiddleston backers.
  • 007Downunder007Downunder Hobart, Australia Posts: 373MI6 Agent
    JTM wrote:
    http://pagesix.com/2017/04/03/daniel-craig-ready-for-more-007-after-slash-my-wrist-diss/

So are we talking a pinch, a bag or a truck full of salt? Not too familiar with pagesix so not sure how reputable their "sources" are.

Anyway if there's truth in the story it's upsetting news for any Hiddleston backers.
    You just beat me with this. Really hoping that it's true!
    Anthony
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,759MI6 Agent
    "Sources" ... :))

Craig deciding to come back has always been the wild card. I hope he doesn't, but if he does, I'll get behind it.
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    JTM wrote:

It has always been my preference to have Craig return for 25 but I wouldn't put much faith in pagesix being a reliable source of information. The alleged quotes from Barbara Broccoli regarding Hiddleston seem particularly fake and just typical tabloid/internet nonsense. IMO, it's not about Hiddleston or Aidan Turner being suitable to play Bond, it's more about the producers having a strong preference for Craig to return.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,796MI6 Agent
    I'm not sure. Hiddleston is hardly the Daniel Craig/Sean Bean type, and they are Barbara Broccoli's type.
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    I'd like to see Craig do one more. Spectre wasn't quite the send off I was hoping for.
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
    edited April 2017
    The last few photos I have seen of Craig he has looked particularly bad. If he wants to return, he's going to need to start looking after himself a bit or we'll be in Connery/DAF or Roger/AVTAK territory. :v
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent
    edited April 2017
    Looking aged and well-fed on his last mission is a Bond star tradition! -{
  • 007Downunder007Downunder Hobart, Australia Posts: 373MI6 Agent
    A lot of traffic saying Craig will be back
    Anthony
    The last few photos I have seen of Craig he has looked particularly bad. If he wants to return, he's going to need to start looking after himself a bit or we'll be in Connery/DAF or Roger/AVTAK territory. :v

Just saw some photos of Craig from an event he attended on March 14th. He looked fine IMO. The usual Craig in-between Bonds look as far as I could tell (grey stubble, slightly haggard, very unBondlike wardrobe but slim and fit ). The Craig "looks old, bad, etc", etc seems to be par for the course in between Bond films. I will say the photos from the football matches do make him look heavy in the face (his head looks very square) but I think it has more to do with the cap he is wearing and the big telephoto lens the pictures were taken with. If he comes back for 25 I am pretty confident he will look pretty much the same as he did in SPECTRE.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Factor in the fact he was prob on the lash the night before the game :))
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    A lot of traffic saying Craig will be back

It's only one unreliable paper that said it, and everyone is referencing the one paper.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    I don't think he looked bad at the into awards or on the Omaze campaign!
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    Chriscoop wrote:

I mean...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KWvvT0JNj9M
  • Red IndianRed Indian BostonPosts: 427MI6 Agent
    I thought he looked great in the Omaze video. He is/can get into better shape than anyone at his age who's played the part. IMO I have not seen anyone who could do as good of a job as Craig has done.

I was watching Hiddleston in an interview on Graham Norton doing Pacino/DeNiro impressions (in front of DeNiro) and didn't know whether to laugh or cry...
    Chriscoop wrote:

I mean...

He just looks a bit jet lagged and probably hung over :))
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Chriscoop wrote:

I mean...

He just looks a bit jet lagged and probably hung over :))

His haircut looks considerably better than it does in any of his Bond films. His Bond haircuts, particularly in SF and SP, age him more than anything.
    Particularly Skyfall, in some scenes it just doesn't compliment him at all, but then on the cover of Bond on set he looks good.
    Screenshot_20170405-175844.png
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Particularly Skyfall, in some scenes it just doesn't compliment him at all, but then on the cover of Bond on set he looks good.
    Screenshot_20170405-175844.png

Maybe a well-dressed henchman ...
    Agree about the haircut. It looks much better right now.
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    http://m.ign.com/articles/2017/04/04/daniel-craig-reportedly-just-about-persuaded-back-for-james-bond-25

So then...here, they say that Babs 'doesn't like' Hiddleston for the role :s And Craig is 'just about persuaded' to return.

Enough click-bait, people.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
    http://m.ign.com/articles/2017/04/04/daniel-craig-reportedly-just-about-persuaded-back-for-james-bond-25

So then...here, they say that Babs 'doesn't like' Hiddleston for the role :s And Craig is 'just about persuaded' to return.

The silly Hiddleston slagging attributed to Barbara Broccoli sounds really fake.
    HowardB wrote:

The silly Hiddleston slagging attributed to Barbara Broccoli sounds really fake.

I agree with that.

I just don't get how so many places are picking up what Page Six said, like they don't know it's not a reliable news source.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,330Chief of Staff
    The great British press, I'm afraid.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    That "unreliable source" Page Six just echoes what I've been told for months by people who should really know it :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • Sword Of DamoclesSword Of Damocles Posts: 17MI6 Agent
    These claims about what Barbara B may have said are usually followed by 'Barbara Broccoli was unavailable for comment' 8-)
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Can we even be sure Barbara said she was unavailable for comment :p
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Was at the movies today and saw two trailers of films starring Charlie Hunnam. I have to say, if DC doesn't return and Barbara Broccoli is still attached to the Craig- type for Bond IMO Hunnam would be perfect. Hunnam basically is a taller, younger (37), more classically handsome version of Craig without the overly weathered look. With the softest of re-boots (some vague references to past adventures, etc EON could slip Hunnam into the tux and not miss a beat). They could easily get 5 or 6 films out of the more youthful looking for his age Hunnam. Just my two cents worth.
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent
    Hunnam is a black hole of charisma.
This discussion has been closed.