Next Bond after Craig: Rumours, etc

Comments

• superdaddysuperdaddy englandPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    If your team turner you don't have shirts you have to be bare chested and with a scythe :)) :))
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,994Quartermasters
    Is it too early to start selling the "Team Turner " and "Team Hiddleston " T shirts ? :D

:)) Never! Some poor fellow's probably still sitting on a box of "Team Visnjic" tees from '05 :))
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,062MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    Higgins wrote:
    From the article:

>>After The Sunset turned out to be absolutely turgid film<<

I found the movie absolutely great!

I enjoyed it as well! -{

{[] {[] Salma Hayek in various bikinis and you automatically have a winner :D :D
    After The Sunset is just so much fun. The Blu Ray makes the scenery look even more beautiful, and the locations she's in as well. :v
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • MarcAngeDracoMarcAngeDraco Piz GloriaPosts: 564MI6 Agent
    This 'announcement' could have something to do with the studios... I'm not sure they have the financial backing or resources to be able to announce a new Bond as whoever takes over Sony's share would likely want to have a say in it.
    Film: Tomorrow Never Dies | Girl: Teresa di Vicenzo | Villain: Max Zorin | Car: Aston Martin Volante | Novel: You Only Live Twice | Bond: Sir Sean Connery
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,340MI6 Agent
    That actually makes sense - they might need to get a production partner before they can do anything. At the same time, it could be a joint announcement - "Eon Productions and 20th Century Fox are committed to continuing the 00 franchise's relationship with Daniel Craig" or some such.
  • MarcAngeDracoMarcAngeDraco Piz GloriaPosts: 564MI6 Agent
    That actually makes sense.

You sound surprised? :))
    Film: Tomorrow Never Dies | Girl: Teresa di Vicenzo | Villain: Max Zorin | Car: Aston Martin Volante | Novel: You Only Live Twice | Bond: Sir Sean Connery
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,994Quartermasters
    That actually makes sense - they might need to get a production partner before they can do anything. At the same time, it could be a joint announcement - "Eon Productions and 20th Century Fox are committed to continuing the 00 franchise's relationship with Daniel Craig" or some such.

I'm no expert, but I'm not at all certain that they're precluded from making casting decisions without a distributor(?)...seems the only thing they can't do is release a film...and there should be a line at MGM's door to distribute Bond films, regardless of the lead. It will be interesting to see.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,764Chief of Staff
    superdaddy wrote:
    Did someone mention on here that EON are doing some sort of announcement this week??

I heard a radio station state that Eon were planning an announcement soon...they were convinced it was about a new actor...but I've no idea if this is true - the announcement that is...the new actor is certain...
    YNWA 97
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    superdaddy wrote:
    If your team turner you don't have shirts you have to be bare chested and with a scythe :)) :))
    And if your team hiddleston you have to have your bum out! :D
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    Really! Craig is quitting tbh am a bit shocked ( not a fan but would like for him to have tided up theBlofeld thing) oh we'll better dust of the tin helmet and start trench digging for the new war :)) do you have any idea who it might be Sir Miles?
    Normal sunday night at the S and BS TP :))
    superdaddy wrote:
    Normal sunday night at the S and BS TP :))
    So I've heard along with all that left nipple nonsense
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Apparently social media went crazy when Hiddlebum, got his cheeks out. :D
    Yet, when I get mine out, they call the police ! :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Yeah, not to sure that guy who led you off in handcuffs was a policeman TP :))
    :))
    Reading about Tom, it states he's Six foot two and has a Scottish father ?
    Very Bond. ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    If it is TH , am sure he will do a great job but he does so remind me of creepy Stewart from Big Bang Theory!
    I just can't get that Jaguar xjf advert out of my head. On first viewing
    I thought how similar he looked to the famous sketch of what the literary
    Bond looked like. Up until that point, i couldn't see why he was under
    Consideration. Aidan Turner, I'd be happy with too. He obviously has the looks
    and can act.
    Building on Craig's success as 007, I predict with whomever they go with, there
    Are great times ahead for Bond fans ! -{
    Not seen the jag add
    https://youtu.be/nOgDNmJExVc Jag advert.

I'm also of the opinion ( as in the novel TSWLM) Bond should have the look of the villain about him.
    Speaking of the Jag ad does anyone else think mark strong would be a good addition to a bond film? I've always liked strong and thought he'd make a great bond villain or henchman.
    I just can't get that Jaguar xjf advert out of my head. On first viewing
    I thought how similar he looked to the famous sketch of what the literary
    Bond looked like. Up until that point, i couldn't see why he was under
    Consideration. Aidan Turner, I'd be happy with too. He obviously has the looks
    and can act.
    Building on Craig's success as 007, I predict with whomever they go with, there
    Are great times ahead for Bond fans ! -{
    Aiden Turner indeed has the look but is just too small for my liking.
    Mark Strong is brilliant in everything he's in. -{ and would make
    A fantastic villain. {[]
    Mark Strong is brilliant in everything he's in. -{ and would make
    A fantastic villain. {[]
    Once again tp you prove your impeccable taste dear boy -{
    My wife "Purrs" when he's on screen. ;)

I love this quote from Mark Strong .
    "I'm not convinced that this business runs on talent, otherwise why would there be so much crap on the box?" :))
    I can't think of a bad performance of his. Except maybe the latest Baron Cohen film Grimsby.....which I hasten to add I've not seen
    Me neither, but I'd say his parts are good.

( Now there's a feed line from a Carry on !) :D
  • sniperUKsniperUK UlsterPosts: 594MI6 Agent
    Mark Strong as Blofeld, perfect as OHMSS type.
    Me neither, but I'd say his parts are good.

( Now there's a feed line from a Carry on !) :D
    Ooh matron!
    sniperUK wrote:
    I'd agree, he does sinister very well, my only problem with Blofeld in ohmss was I kept expecting Blofeld to start sucking on a lollypop... Who loves ya baby
  • sniperUKsniperUK UlsterPosts: 594MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:
    sniperUK wrote:
    I'd agree, he does sinister very well, my only problem with Blofeld in ohmss was I kept expecting Blofeld to start sucking on a lollypop... Who loves ya baby

Even though OHMSS was years before Kojak ;)
This discussion has been closed.