Next Bond after Craig: Rumours, etc

Comments

• LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,993Quartermasters
    superdaddy wrote:
    Only just younger, think he is 35/36 and Craig was 37/38 from being named and CR coming out.

Could mean an extra picture at the end of his run -{
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    superdaddy wrote:
    Only just younger, think he is 35/36 and Craig was 37/38 from being named and CR coming out.

I don't think so considering the way things progress now.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,632MI6 Agent
    I thought DC was great in 'Layer Cake' before he was named as Bond and was very happy when he was named as Bond based largely on that film, but if my first glimpse of DC had been at his Bond 'unveiling' I would have had serious doubts. The long hair over his collar and swept back from his face, the slight 5 o'clock shadow and a somewhat gaunt appearance weren't exactly conducive to my own image of Bond, but some months later he emerged as a superb Bond (in my opinion). So, I am confident that if EON do select Hiddlestone that he'll bulk up a bit, have his hair fixed and be equally stellar as DC just in a different way. We certainly all know that TH is a great actor.
    Matt S wrote:
    superdaddy wrote:

I don't think so considering the way things progress now.

Every tenure is different, sure. But if a 3-year turnaround can be maintained without legal strife or studio bankruptcies, Tom (if he's successful) could get a fifth or sixth one in before his knees go :007)
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,760MI6 Agent
    HowardB wrote:
    I don't think there will be any "passing on of the tux and PPK". If a new Bond actor is announced it will be just that. Craig's retirement from the role will be announced with great appreciation and thanks for his tenure by EON and the new Bond will be rolled out. If it's Fassbender I breath a sigh of relief and look forward to the continuation of a new golden age of Bond. If it's Hiddleston, I take a deep breadth and remind myself that EON wouldn't flush it all down the toilet with a bad casting decision and rationalize: if you take Hiddleston in the Night Manager and add a bit of Loki and the guy in the car ad you could get a very good Bond. The one question (besides can Craig can be persauded to return or the obvious if not, who replaces him) is does EON believe they need to make a big splash in casting Bond to follow the huge success of Craig (Fassbender would fit that IMO); do they go pretty much unknown? or choose the middle ground, which would be Hiddleston. One thing I do believe re Hiddleston, based upon the effort and preparation he put into playing Hank Williams (losing 20lbs, doing his own singing, etc) he would approach Bond the same way much like Craig did.

There's absolutely no evidence pointing to Fassbender's involvement. I think it's time to give that one up.
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,745MI6 Agent
    There's absolutely no evidence pointing to Fassbender's involvement. I think it's time to give that one up.

I don't believe Fassbender is in the mix either. He is just my first choice to take over from Craig. As far as "evidence" is concerned we can believe what we want from the tabs and/or connected sources...sometimes where there is smoke there really is fire but sometimes the smoke is just being blown up our....... :)) -{ At least this time around we know that James Bond will return (barring any unforeseen MGM bankruptcy or lawsuit) who will play Bond, well that's still a mystery for now.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,491Chief of Staff
    HowardB wrote:
    sometimes the smoke is just being blown up our.......

tschaikowsky.jpg

?
  • majorcockupmajorcockup Posts: 5MI6 Agent
    [Edited by Barbel]
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,632MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:
    HowardB wrote:

tschaikowsky.jpg

?

"How do you get cigarette smoke out of a woman once you've got it in?"
    edited May 2016
    [Edited by Barbel]

I'm surprised it took this long :)) although I actually expected a real link :v No doubt it's coming.
    Barbel wrote:
    HowardB wrote:

tschaikowsky.jpg

?

"How do you get cigarette smoke out of a woman once you've got it in?"

Well, you don't try at three in the morning, it can be nauseating.
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,745MI6 Agent
    He does have quite a bit of real estate from the eyebrows to the hairline......maybe a different hairstyle would help? Not a deal breaker for me however....but if that hairline ever starts to recede it's going to be hairpiece city muy pronto. :D
    HowardB wrote:
    He does have quite a bit of real estate from the eyebrows to the hairline......maybe a different hairstyle would help? Not a deal breaker for me however....but if that hairline ever starts to recede it's going to be hairpiece city muy pronto. :D

His eyes are a bit close together, as well, if we're to pick nits :v In all seriousness, though, it's hard to imagine he'll be as polarizing as Craigger was.
    [Edited by Barbel]
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    edited May 2016
    [Edited by Barbel.]

Oh dear the haters are back again 8-)
    I wonder, what you've been doing since 2006?

And was it really necessary to register just to give that comment with that username?
    Please move over to Mi6 :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    In all seriousness, though, it's hard to imagine he'll be as polarizing as Craigger was.

Well, it's obviously just begun :D

[Edited by Barbel]

I think he's quite a sound choice: an excellent actor with a presence. Not saying Turner isn't those things, but I'm sure Tom can transcend Loki.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Hiddleston is 1.3 mm too short in my estimation, there I've said it. :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent

The words of a true Connery fan. :D
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    Higgins wrote:
    In all seriousness, though, it's hard to imagine he'll be as polarizing as Craigger was.

True :#
  • zaphod99zaphod99 Posts: 1,415MI6 Agent

But considerably taller than the diminutive Turner :))
    Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
    [Edited by Barbel]
  • zaphod99zaphod99 Posts: 1,415MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:

True :#

I think so, he is closer to the classic mould, Eton educated Officer type material, he may be a tad posh for Bond, but overall a very good choice in my view Plus he's young enough even for Eon to get a few films out of. Whatever happens some people will be disappointed, we all have such strong feelings about who is or isn't right for it. My preferences of course are the result of informed and reasoned judgement and transcend mere opinion to the point of almost being science :))
    Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
    [Edited by Barbel]

You'll need a few more notes in that tune; otherwise you'll stand out as a troll.

Just trying to help! :007)
    [Edited by Barbel.]
    I rest my case -{
    Ok, that's enough. You've made your point, such as it is. And thanks, Loeffs!
    [Edited by Barbel.
    You were warned, majorcockup, and then continued. That kind of mistake is tough to bounce back from.]
    :)) :)) :)) :))

image.png

That was quick! Well done Barbel! {[] {[] {[]

• JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    Is Hiddleston blonde? Or light brown?
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
This discussion has been closed.