Next Bond after Craig: Rumours, etc

Comments

• LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,993Quartermasters
    Sir Miles wrote:
    superdaddy wrote:
    can't get over how confident you are that TH has got the part Sir Miles , you really must know something the rest of us don,t :)

That's because of where the info has come from...people only have to read what the right people post - the info is all here for people to read for themselves -{

+ 1. As Ripley said: "Believe it or not."
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    If DC isn't coming back (I hope he does) then I'll say it again;

Wes Bentley for Bond! As long as he can pull off the accent I think he would make the perfect Bond.

If Superman can be British, why can't Bond be American?

http://en.mediamass.net/people/wes-bentley/james-bond.html

American_Horror_Story_Hotel_Red_Carpet_Fashion_T.jpg
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
    http://www.slashfilm.com/tom-hiddleston-james-bond/

...and even these guys are half a lap behind.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    superdaddy wrote:
    Apparantly TH is in advanced talks for Bond Role, the internet seems t be alive with the news in the last couple of hours!

So advanced in fact - he was offered the role weeks ago -{

Ahem. but that still does not mean that he accepted it - and may I recall the name John Gavin?
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Tom has publicly said he wants the role...Eon would have to withdraw the offer at this point, I would think, for it to not happen.
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    http://www.slashfilm.com/tom-hiddleston-james-bond/

...and even these guys are half a lap behind.

They're even suggesting Rosamund Pike could play Bond... 8-)
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    If Jamie Bell were to be cast, after Craig succeeding Brozzer, they could could call 007 The Incredible Shrinking Bond. I reckon the logical choice for Actor #8 would be Peter Dinklage.
  • superdaddysuperdaddy englandPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    superdaddy wrote:
    Apparantly TH is in advanced talks for Bond Role, the internet seems t be alive with the news in the last couple of hours!

iam impressed Sir Miles -{ ahem... You don't happen to know this Saturdays lotto numbers by any chance :))
  • DutchfingerDutchfinger Holland With LovePosts: 1,240MI6 Agent
    Just made a little video in which I share my thoughts on a female Bond. I'm quite conservative when it comes to this I guess...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZWdNAXv7rM

There isn't much said in this video that I haven't already said here though :)
    Better known as DutchBondFan on YouTube. My 007 movie reviews: Recapping 007
    YouTube channel Support my channel on Patreon Twitter Facebook fanpage
    Have to say I am quite happy with Tom Hiddleston. Would have preferred Tom Hughes but never mind.in the coming Hiddlston war I will be on the incoming actors side, how things have changed since the craig wars of 05 :)) :)) just need a bloody good story with no personnel elements and M, Moneypenny ect just small roles and then I think I will be a very happy AJBer -{
  • dak212usdak212us CaliforniaPosts: 63MI6 Agent
    I think Hiddleston is an incredibly charismatic actor. His Loki is probably the best villain I've seen in a movie in years.

I also wouldn't mind Philip Winchester from Strike Back
    http://images.starpulse.com/news/resize_image.php?source_image_uri=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.starpulse.com%2Fnews%2Fbloggers%2F1296480%2Fblog_images%2Fthe-player-9.jpg&fp=248x194&target_height=300&target_width=300
    http://cdn.collider.com/wp-content/uploads/Strike-Back-06-Philip-Winchester-Sullivan-Stapleton.jpg

And I'd like to see them open up the franchise into an MI6 Universe film Like Marvel does with its super heroes. It could include M, Moneypenny and Q with a different 00 agent played by Idris Elba so Idris isn't tied to the Bond character development but can flesh out a new agent in the Bond world who can cross over into a multi Agent film with Bond so we can see these agents together.
    http://cdn01.cdn.justjared.com/wp-content/uploads/headlines/2016/05/tom-hiddleston-idris-elba-bafta-tv-2016-awards.jpg

And we could see a film in this universe every 1 & 1/2 or 2 years with Bond specifically in one every 3 years.

Thoughts?
  • eric7064eric7064 USAPosts: 343MI6 Agent
    dak212us wrote:
    I think Hiddleston is an incredibly charismatic actor. His Loki is probably the best villain I've seen in a movie in years.

I also wouldn't mind Philip Winchester from Strike Back
    http://images.starpulse.com/news/resize_image.php?source_image_uri=http%3A%2F%2Fimages.starpulse.com%2Fnews%2Fbloggers%2F1296480%2Fblog_images%2Fthe-player-9.jpg&fp=248x194&target_height=300&target_width=300
    http://cdn.collider.com/wp-content/uploads/Strike-Back-06-Philip-Winchester-Sullivan-Stapleton.jpg

And I'd like to see them open up the franchise into an MI6 Universe film Like Marvel does with its super heroes. It could include M, Moneypenny and Q with a different 00 agent played by Idris Elba so Idris isn't tied to the Bond character development but can flesh out a new agent in the Bond world who can cross over into a multi Agent film with Bond so we can see these agents together.
    http://cdn01.cdn.justjared.com/wp-content/uploads/headlines/2016/05/tom-hiddleston-idris-elba-bafta-tv-2016-awards.jpg

And we could see a film in this universe every 1 & 1/2 or 2 years with Bond specifically in one every 3 years.

Thoughts?

Not a fan of it. Don't think it would work all that well. Focus n making good scripts and movies in the Bond Franchise.
    Here's basically the same story as what I posted above (it IS turning up everywhere), this time from the same site who dismissed Tom two days ago for being too 'soft-featured':

http://www.indiewire.com/article/james-bond-tom-hiddleston-talks-daniel-craig-20160527?utm_medium=sailthru_newsletter&utm_source=iwDaily_newsletter

But once again, they (incorrectly) say that no offer has been made.

In the Internet Era, I believe a secret this size just gains mass and density until it can no longer be effectively contained.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,459Chief of Staff
    Higgins wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:
    superdaddy wrote:

Ahem. but that still does not mean that he accepted it - and may I recall the name John Gavin?

For anyone who doesn't get this reference:
    US actor John Gavin was signed to play Bond in DAF, but when Sean Connery accepted the unprecedentedly large offer* made to him by United Artists' David Picker then Gavin was quietly paid off.

* To Connery's eternal credit, he donated his huge fee to charity.

John Gavin
    AA_OLD_MAN_3.jpg

(Probably best remembered for his role in Hitchcock's Psycho)
    aa_old_man_9.jpg

And the implication is that should Craig change his mind, Hiddleston would be paid off ("pay or play"). This sort of technique is nothing new to Eon....
    Barbel wrote:
    Higgins wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

US actor John Gavin was signed to play Bond in DAF, but when Sean Connery accepted the unprecedentedly large offer* made to him by United Artists' David Picker then Gavin was quietly paid off.

* To Connery's eternal credit, he donated his huge fee to charity.

John Gavin
    AA_OLD_MAN_3.jpg

(Probably best remembered for his role in Hitchcock's Psycho)
    aa_old_man_9.jpg

And the implication is that should Craig change his mind, Hiddleston would be paid off ("pay or play"). This sort of technique is nothing new to Eon....

And I believe that history will have to repeat thusly for Craig to return...
    ...which is not impossible at this point....
    True...but I'm just not feeling it.
    Well, there is (sadly) plenty of time till they have to make an announcement.
    I know :#
    Perfect scenario, all confirmed that DC leaves and TH is cast by next month, 6 months getting great story, locations and rest of cast ( ahem.. Idris for main Villian) start filming January for November release next year. Won't happen though :))
    To quote my friend Loeffelholz:

I know :#
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,665Chief of Staff
    Higgins wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:
    superdaddy wrote:

But he's publicly stated he would like the role...on numerous occasions...do you think he'd turn it down then ?
    I suppose it's feasible a 'John Gavin' could happen...but that's as likely as you wearing decent footwear :))
    YNWA 97
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,665Chief of Staff
    superdaddy wrote:
    iam impressed Sir Miles -{ ahem... You don't happen to know this Saturdays lotto numbers by any chance :))

Why don't you tell me the numbers you want and I'll take it from there ;) :))

Don't be impressed by me, I'm merely repeating what's already been said on here...
    YNWA 97
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    I've been pretty clear that I wouldn't have a problem with Hiddelston but I just have this sneaking feeling that Hiddelston may be the Clive Owen of this Bond casting call...sometimes when things are just too obvious they just are. Maybe with the help of an all too willing internet we have created our own smoke and mirrors. Nothing would surprise me at this point. Hiddelston, Craig returning, Fassbender, Turner, a CGI version of Connery or someone not on the radar screen at all. -{
  • ichaiceichaice LondonPosts: 594MI6 Agent
    Daniel Craig is still James Bond. Anything else is just a rumour until we have an official announcement.
    Yes. Considerably!
    ichaice wrote:
    Daniel Craig is still James Bond. Anything else is just a rumour until we have an official announcement.

Stay tuned! ;) This site has been known to slightly ahead of the 'common knowledge' curve from time to time. Indeed, Craig is Bond until he isn't. It's just that he'll not have been Bond for a while before public utterances confirm it to everyone's satisfaction.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    HowardB wrote:
    Fassbender, Turner
    One of those will do fine. -{
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    ichaice wrote:

Stay tuned! ;) This site has been known to slightly ahead of the 'common knowledge' curve from time to time. Indeed, Craig is Bond until he isn't. It's just that he'll not have been Bond for a while before public utterances confirm it to everyone's satisfaction.

True words have been spoken. ;)
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    ichaice wrote:

He's officially still Bond. That's good enough for me.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:

Just when I try to be subtle for once :D
    Sir Miles wrote:
    I suppose it's feasible a 'John Gavin' could happen...but that's as likely as you wearing decent footwear :))

:)) :)) :))

then Hiddleston it is! {[]
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
This discussion has been closed.