Next Bond after Craig: Rumours, etc

Comments

• James BoldmanJames Boldman Amherst, MAPosts: 461MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    IanT wrote:
    With HiddleSwift reportedly over, one wonders whether a) he was told to kick her into touch or lose the part, or b) he wanted to have clear space to concentrate on his new role?

My Mrs informs me she dumped him if the Dailyfail is to be believed!!

They prob have not even separated lol
    yes, because she want less publicity... 8-)
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    Reminds me of being in the playground when I was 5 :)
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Posts: 296MI6 Agent
    With Hiddleswift supposedly over, CW publicly discussing his dissatisfaction with his portrayal of Blofeld, and DC participating in "Beyond Bond" with Nicholas Schmidle at The New Yorker Festival next month, surely September will be the month we get some solid news. Even if its just a snippet.
    James Bond Australia - Website | Twitter | Mastodon | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | Newsletter

Bond on the Box - Website | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | LetterBoxd | YouTube
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    IanT wrote:
    With HiddleSwift reportedly over, one wonders whether a) he was told to kick her into touch or lose the part, or b) he wanted to have clear space to concentrate on his new role?

She was questioning his motives for wanting to be seen with her all the time in the press. Perhaps he saw it as an opportunity to raise his profile (Craig's brief fling with Sienna Miller springs to mind, before he got Bond) and TS was feeling she was arm candy. Apparently Tom asked her to appear at the Emmy's.

Most girls would love that...but it seems Taylor is independent, and doesn't need that type of publicity...good for her...but wasn't Tom told to cool it off with her anyway?

Anyway, whatever the reason, his profile has been raised by this. Showbiz in full swing.
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • welshguy34welshguy34 Posts: 219MI6 Agent
    Oakvale wrote:
    Idris Elba would likely be a fairly good Bond, but he is too old (44 now, a little older than Moore when he started) and would be even older by the time Bond 25 kicked into production (assuming he isn't in Bond 26, a more likely scenario).

Agree with this. As fine an actor as Elba is he for me is too old to play Bond. He would be a good choice for a villan though.
    welshboy78 wrote:
    IanT wrote:

Call me cynical but I have a feeling the whole relationship was based purely on publicity. Not surprised in the least it's over already.
  • lotuslotus englandPosts: 292MI6 Agent
    welshguy34 wrote:
    Oakvale wrote:
    Idris Elba would likely be a fairly good Bond, but he is too old (44 now, a little older than Moore when he started) and would be even older by the time Bond 25 kicked into production (assuming he isn't in Bond 26, a more likely scenario).

Agree with this. As fine an actor as Elba is he for me is too old to play Bond. He would be a good choice for a villan though.
    And hes the wrong colour
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    lotus wrote:
    welshguy34 wrote:
    Oakvale wrote:

And hes the wrong colour

8-)
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    It's just me, and I know we're really hurting for some real news here....and I'm being a grump....and please, anybody who wants to talk about it, please do and don't mind me but the Hiddleston/Swift stuff is just something I could care less about X-(
    Again, please carry on...I just feel better now after getting that off my chest :)
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    HowardB wrote:
    It's just me, and I know we're really hurting for some real news here....and I'm being a grump....and please, anybody who wants to talk about it, please do and don't mind me but the Hiddleston/Swift stuff is just something I could care less about X-(
    Again, please carry on...I just feel better now after getting that off my chest :)

If you care about the Hiddleston/Swift news you must be hurting for something. :D
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent
    HowardB wrote:

I'm with ya.
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    HowardB wrote:

I'm with ya.

^ +1...It has nothing to do with anything.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • MarcAngeDracoMarcAngeDraco Piz GloriaPosts: 564MI6 Agent
    lotus wrote:
    welshguy34 wrote:
    Oakvale wrote:

And hes the wrong colour

Exactly. -{
    Film: Tomorrow Never Dies | Girl: Teresa di Vicenzo | Villain: Max Zorin | Car: Aston Martin Volante | Novel: You Only Live Twice | Bond: Sir Sean Connery
  • Gassy ManGassy Man USAPosts: 2,972MI6 Agent
    HowardB wrote:

I'm with ya.

^ +1...It has nothing to do with anything.
    {[]

One of my catchphrases is "Taylor Swift boring" to indicate just how incredibly uninteresting something is.
  • zaphod99zaphod99 Posts: 1,415MI6 Agent
    Red_Snow wrote:
    With Hiddleswift supposedly over, CW publicly discussing his dissatisfaction with his portrayal of Blofeld, and DC participating in "Beyond Bond" with Nicholas Schmidle at The New Yorker Festival next month, surely September will be the month we get some solid news. Even if its just a snippet.

Just saw High Rise. Hiddleston is terrific blah blah blah...but what struck me was what a terrific villain Jeremy Irons would make. Still physically fit enough and a commanding presence. He could be great. What really struck though was how good Luke Evans is. Probably too old now, and maybe a tad short (same height as Turner) but very powerful.
    Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
    zaphod99 wrote:
    Just saw High Rise. Hiddleston is terrific blah blah blah...but what struck me was what a terrific villain Jeremy Irons would make. Still physically fit enough and a commanding presence. He could be great. What really struck though was how good Luke Evans is. Probably too old now, and maybe a tad short (same height as Turner) but very powerful.

Luke Evans is 37 and listed as 6' tall. A little older and a little shorter than Hiddleston but not by a ton. I actually would have assumed taller but I guess his wiry build makes him appear taller on screen. I wouldn't be unhappy with Evans as Bond. He would definitely be convincing in the tough and ruthless department. He's got one of those faces that changes significantly with facial hair. Definitely looks more "Bond" without the bad goatee. Regarding Jeremy Irons, as far as I am concerned he has an open invitation for a role in a Bond film; he can be a villain, M, another agent (British or whatever else). In his younger days he would have made a good Bond.
    HowardB wrote:
    zaphod99 wrote:

Luke Evans is 37 and listed as 6' tall. A little older and a little shorter than Hiddleston but not by a ton. I actually would have assumed taller but I guess his wiry build makes him appear taller on screen. I wouldn't be unhappy with Evans as Bond. He would definitely be convincing in the tough and ruthless department. He's got one of those faces that changes significantly with facial hair. Definitely looks more "Bond" without the bad goatee. Regarding Jeremy Irons, as far as I am concerned he has an open invitation for a role in a Bond film; he can be a villain, M, another agent (British or whatever else). In his younger days he would have made a good Bond.

Have seen an article about his coming out. Unfortunately that would probably rule him out if true as the world is probably not ready for an openly gay actor as Bond. It was his intensity and physicality that impressed in High Rise. He could be excellent.
    Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
    zaphod99 wrote:
    Have seen an article about his coming out. Unfortunately that would probably rule him out if true as the world is probably not ready for an openly gay actor as Bond. It was his intensity and physicality that impressed in High Rise. He could be excellent.

Apparently, from what I just read Evans has been "out" for quite some time. I had no idea he was gay until reading the post in AJB. His being gay and playing Bond wouldn't be a problem for me but I guess EON might want to avoid that kind of controversy.
    HowardB wrote:
    zaphod99 wrote:

Apparently, from what I just read Evans has been "out" for quite some time. I had no idea he was gay until reading the post in AJB. His being gay and playing Bond wouldn't be a problem for me but I guess EON might want to avoid that kind of controversy.

Yes the article I saw was from 2014. Not a problem for me, and if EON wanted to continue in radical and unexpected casting as Mendes suggested he could be just the chap. I think he could be very good indeed. He has the physicality of Craig but a nod to the more traditional look. The more I think about it the more I like the idea.
  • MarcAngeDracoMarcAngeDraco Piz GloriaPosts: 564MI6 Agent
    zaphod99 wrote:
    HowardB wrote:
    zaphod99 wrote:

Yes the article I saw was from 2014. Not a problem for me, and if EON wanted to continue in radical and unexpected casting as Mendes suggested he could be just the chap. I think he could be very good indeed. He has the physicality of Craig but a nod to the more traditional look. The more I think about it the more I like the idea.

Babs would probably go with it. Fleming would be rolling in his grave.
    Film: Tomorrow Never Dies | Girl: Teresa di Vicenzo | Villain: Max Zorin | Car: Aston Martin Volante | Novel: You Only Live Twice | Bond: Sir Sean Connery
    This is all a very interesting discussion regarding Luke Evans and his sexual preferences relative to casting for the Bond role but has Evans been even rumored for the role?
    edited September 2016
    Fleming would be rolling in his grave.

OB-UV349_1003jb_J_20121003173203.jpg
    zaphod99 wrote:
    HowardB wrote:

Babs would probably go with it. Fleming would be rolling in his grave.

Having read the books I would agree with you on that.
    HowardB wrote:
    This is all a very interesting discussion regarding Luke Evans and his sexual preferences relative to casting for the Bond role but has Evans been even rumored for the role?

Not as far as I know, it's just that I saw him in High Rise (with Hiddleston) and I thought he had something and mentioned it on here.

Never have so many words said so little. Gotta love the tabs.
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Having been watching 'Poldark' ... I'm now firmly back in the Aiden Turner camp.

In the words of Louis Walsh, 'he reminds me of a young Timothy Dalton' :))
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    Looks like DC might reveal his future on October 7th :o

http://festival.newyorker.com/event/daniel-craig-talks-nicholas-schmidle/

Hopefully all the speculation will finally be over if he reveals his cards!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    Got my tickets!
This discussion has been closed.