UPDATED! TOM FORD SA Morocco tie run.

Comments

• drum007drum007 New York, NYPosts: 684MI6 Agent
    Ugh, why did I hesitate? Looks amazing gang. Wear them with pride!
  • cederic0011cederic0011 UKPosts: 181MI6 Agent
    image_20160608_155733.jpg
    :007) B-)

Many thanks to Ross and Simon -{

A large FedEx box for a tie? Is Tom Ford overcompensating for failing to include tie boxes with purchases last year?

In all seriousness congratulations on getting a tie. I've seen some photos of it on Instagram and it looks great.

Just taken delivery in the UK, and not only a Tom Ford tie box inside - but personalised as well! Great tie and huge thanks for the initiative and work in getting this done for all our benefits
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    Big Fedex box at home waiting too apparently B-)
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
    Double delivery. Nearly 8 months after release date and 3 new bits in a week....
    Thank you guys for sorting the tie, exquisite
    Cheers Paul for shirt, one size down from you given your sizings probs is def v helpful 8-)

DSC_0945.jpg

• Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    Double delivery. Nearly 8 months after release date and 3 new bits in a week....
    Cheers Paul for shirt, one size down from you given your sizings probs is def v helpful 8-)

DSC_0945.jpg

Congrats on the tie, Mark. Nice box.

So you got the OB shirt. I had considered it, but really wasn't sure of the sizing and whether this was a model where you had to size up. Is the size working for you?

How's WJ doing?
    edited June 2016
    007JBDCMWR wrote:

DSC_0945.jpg

So you got the OB shirt. I had considered it, but really wasn't sure of the sizing and whether this was a model where you had to size up. Is the size working for you?

How's WJ doing?

Wasnt going to do the OB but pretty much know im one size down from Paul, if it didnt fit him it would me. XL is a comfortable slim fit. L would make me look like lycra man...

Tie is great and bar the BC jacket (love my MnS alternative tho) completes another one...

W is "adjusting" after a traumatic 3 weeks (3 surgeries / 2 emergency ones)... But now no stoma and no oxygen... Just taking time for his tum / bum to settle. Cheers Steve...

M

• hthomashthomas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 833MI6 Agent
    FYI for the USA guys, mine arrives tomorrow. I am in NC
    instagram.com/dressinglikebond
    007JBDCMWR wrote:

DSC_0945.jpg

How's WJ doing?

And Xl is quite long in the arms too

• Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    007JBDCMWR wrote:

DSC_0945.jpg

How's WJ doing?

Longer than the 27 inches? So what you're saying is I should have bought it? :D

It's okay. I put the funds to a completely different shirt purchase.

Glad to hear W is pulling through. I hope you and Mrs R are doing the same.
    007JBDCMWR wrote:

How's WJ doing?

Longer than the 27 inches? So what you're saying is I should have bought it? :D

It's okay. I put the funds to a completely different shirt purchase.

Glad to hear W is pulling through. I hope you and Mrs R are doing the same.

Better now home with him. Such a tough cookie. Treating him to a Motogp trip to Italy in Sept for his first birthday, business class and five star hotels for a couple of weeks

• LlafyksLlafyks Posts: 237MI6 Agent
    Mine arrived today and was waiting for me when I got home!

Personalisation was a nice touch along with a sturdy box to keep the tie in. As with everyone else I pass on my thanks to Simon & Ross, great job guys for getting this sorted for us all. Would like to thank the TF Milan store and Luigi as well.

Tie looks the business. I've ordered one of the newer woven chestnut belt to complete the outfit!
  • BTBBTB Posts: 55MI6 Agent
    Any updates on the TF QOS harrington reissue?
    Is it still a possibility or did Tom Ford say no dice?
    Got mine today. Big thanks to Simon and Ross as well.
    image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
    My verison of the outfit.
    image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
  • TeenageBondTeenageBond London, UKPosts: 211MI6 Agent
    Looking good! -{
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,451MI6 Agent
    hthomas wrote:
    My verison of the outfit.
    image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Where did you get the jacket?
    J Crew sir!
  • PaperbillPaperbill FloridaPosts: 810MI6 Agent
    Question for the group. I received my tie yesterday and there is a small snag on it. It's not huge but should I live with it?
    IMG_5853.jpg
  • SkippySkippy Posts: 446MI6 Agent
    Paperbill wrote:
    Question for the group. I received my tie yesterday and there is a small snag on it. It's not huge but should I live with it?
    IMG_5853.jpg

As the guy with an original one of these and the NM colour variations I'll offer MHO...

Unfortunately these are very easy to snag, which is not great to hear I'm sure, but a simple reality of a knitted silk tie.

Is the snag on your tie a 'pull' or a cut thread?

If it is a pull, you can sort it out fairly well by gently stretching the tie in different directions to make the pull disappear back into the weave. This is what I did with the original SA tie I have, which had a small pull.

If it is a cut thread you have more of an issue as it could unravel over time and use to result in a hole. In that case I would send it back as its a brand new tie.
    Otherwise you could carefully trim it and hope for the best. My navy NM tie was particularly badly pulled in a number of places, but as I had got it in their sale and had it dragged over by from the US to the UK by a friend (NM wouldn't ship outside of the US), I settled for 'trimming' it carefully. Because it was so bad this resulted in a couple of holes, fortunately on the rear of the tie, which despite wear don't seem to be getting bigger. Basically that tie is now a 'beater' that I wear to work.

Good luck PB, hope you get it sorted out -{

Staying on the subject of these, seeing as AJB members in the US are receiving these ties already, I'm guessing they are being shipped in payment order? Otherwise being in the UK I would have expected to have received mine by now, but I'm all most certain I was the last person to pay for mine 8-) Hence I'm not sweating it... yet!!
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,155MI6 Agent
    Great pics guys , hopefully mine is waiting :007)
    007 reporting for duty
  • cheldcheld Posts: 300MI6 Agent
    Heads up - the NM version of the TF tie is on sale for $140.

Brown
    http://www.neimanmarcus.com/TOM-FORD-Textured-Knit-Tie-Brown/prod185950043/p.prod

Navy
    http://www.neimanmarcus.com/TOM-FORD-Textured-Knit-Tie-Navy/prod185950044/p.prod

Also available in Black, Gray and Wine
  • cheldcheld Posts: 300MI6 Agent
    Skippy wrote:
    Staying on the subject of these, seeing as AJB members in the US are receiving these ties already, I'm guessing they are being shipped in payment order? Otherwise being in the UK I would have expected to have received mine by now, but I'm all most certain I was the last person to pay for mine 8-) Hence I'm not sweating it... yet!!

I paid pretty late too (19 April) and my tie arrived last Friday 10 June. I am on the East Coast USA.
  • _Stocks_Stocks EnglandPosts: 391MI6 Agent
    Simon and Ross, thanks so much for making this happen. It's a beautifully tailored tie and a great addition to a collection. Looks and feels the business.
    The contact at Tom Ford has also been a dream to deal with, even helping me chase FedEx with an incorrect delivery (thankfully all sorted) and making himself available to any queries I have in the future. It's an important comment for them to make especially since you guys have forged a great relationship with them, I made sure to uphold that.

Much appreciated guys, this whole process worked out really well and I'm glad I got involved. You are both welcome round anytime for a glass of Spectre bollinger or whatever bottle happens to be open at the time! -{
    Murder | Employment.
  • SkippySkippy Posts: 446MI6 Agent
    cheld wrote:
    I paid pretty late too (19 April) and my tie arrived last Friday 10 June. I am on the East Coast USA.

Mine arrived today :D

Just for info, those TF knit ties NM are selling now are all one colour and not two-tone like the SP tie and the NM version they were selling a few months back.
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    cheld wrote:

I know it's not two tone, but that colour looks incredibly similar to the SA ties everyone is receiving now. The sale plus a 25% discount on sale items makes it a pretty excellent deal for a TF tie.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    JTM wrote:

I know it's not two tone, but that colour looks incredibly similar to the SA ties everyone is receiving now. The sale plus a 25% discount on sale items makes it a pretty excellent deal for a TF tie.

It matches the back of the SA tie unfortunately . I flogged mine
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • cyclones122cyclones122 Posts: 192MI6 Agent
    I received my ties this morning, and they are as nice as everyone has said. I think this is my favorite tie from Spectre. I want to echo what everyone else has said and thank Simon and Ross for your efforts getting these made. It is VERY much appreciated! {[]
  • 006006 Posts: 258MI6 Agent
    Received my tie this morning - again many thanks to Ross and Simon for this - it is a beautiful tie and definitely one of the best from the film

The Spectre Tie Collection
    0381.jpg

My entire JB Tie Collection
    0383.jpg

Once again many thanks to Ross and Simon for your organisation and tenacity to facilitate this project -{
    For England James?

Instagram: instagram.com/tie_another_day
  • Friedl41Friedl41 Back in SpainPosts: 213MI6 Agent
    Got mine today - thanks a lot guys! -{
  • Friedl41Friedl41 Back in SpainPosts: 213MI6 Agent
    006 wrote:
    Received my tie this morning - again many thanks to Ross and Simon for this - it is a beautiful tie and definitely one of the best from the film

The Spectre Tie Collection
    0381.jpg

My entire JB Tie Collection
    0383.jpg

Once again many thanks to Ross and Simon for your organisation and tenacity to facilitate this project -{

AMAZING!!! :007)