Quantum of Solace Sunglasses (Indy Magnoli PLEASE )

Comments

• JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Design's looking good Indy. Does anyone know whether the original TF pair were offered in multiple sizes or just the one?
  • Indy MagnoliIndy Magnoli Somewhere in the PacificPosts: 419MI6 Agent
    They'll definitely be polarized UV400 lenses.
  • MFisherMFisher Posts: 746MI6 Agent
    Nice !.. I got the Movieshop cheap pair.. (great beater glasses for work !) But I'd love a well made pair with the leather wrapped ear pieces etc... Can't wait ! I'm in (hoping you do the 007 neck tie bundle with these too :D )
  • gussguss South Wales, UKPosts: 195MI6 Agent
    Great work Indy
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent

Excellent! For the price that TF charges for their sunglasses, i'm always shocked that they aren't polarized.
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    JTM wrote:

Excellent! For the price that TF charges for their sunglasses, i'm always shocked that they aren't polarized.

For the price TF charges I'm surprised the nose pieces fall off and the lenses are so poor.
  • -HollywooD--HollywooD- Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    +1 for sure.
    For the price TF charges I'm surprised the nose pieces fall off and the lenses are so poor.

No doubt... My Markos were junk.. both nose pads popped off as well as one lens.. They're now just a display piece in my movie room cabinet... My Henry glasses are excellent.. love the feel of those.. But would never pick up another pair of TF Markos..
  • James BrosnanJames Brosnan Posts: 865MI6 Agent
    I'm in for one of these. Your specs have satisfied all of my requirements to pull the trigger. Can't wait!
    "Whoever she was, I must have scared the living daylights out of her." & "Tell mother I died game."
    CR/QoS, TLD, DN, GE, TSWLM, LTK, TND, TWiNE, TMWTGG, TB
    http://www.iconicalternatives.com/author/james-brosnan/
    https://www.instagram.com/shawn.michael.bongiorno/
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    MFisher wrote:

No doubt... My Markos were junk.. both nose pads popped off as well as one lens.. They're now just a display piece in my movie room cabinet... My Henry glasses are excellent.. love the feel of those.. But would never pick up another pair of TF Markos..
    Henry's do seem better built but not a patch on ray bans clubmaster build quality, you only have to look at a pair of Persols to see quality sunglasses, tf have nice designs but are way over priced for the quality IMHO
    I'm looking forward to these qos sunglasses -{
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    Agreed in that my Persols are my favorites.. Have both CR pair
  • MajorBoothroydMajorBoothroyd A World Without WantPosts: 81MI6 Agent
    +1
    "Never let them see you bleed."
  • 6 Underground6 Underground Posts: 3MI6 Agent
    My favourite Bond shades! Lost my movieshop pair, but would be happy to pay more for a pair with better...specs :p +1
  • billybobbillybob Posts: 42MI6 Agent
    +1
  • goneontheroadgoneontheroad Posts: 168MI6 Agent
    +1 for me! These are going to go FAST!
  • Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    Depending on price I'm interested.
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
  • JoviusJovius Albuquerque, NMPosts: 42MI6 Agent
    Surprising to hear the shoddy quality of TF eyewear when one considers the price and how well made everything else is from him. Truly disappointing.

The Skyfall Sunglasses I have are working out really well so far, though I'll need to tighten one of the screws soon. Happy to see these ones being reproduced.
  • Sam SeabornSam Seaborn Los AngelesPosts: 84MI6 Agent
    Jovius wrote:
    Surprising to hear the shoddy quality of TF eyewear when one considers the price and how well made everything else is from him. Truly disappointing.

The Skyfall Sunglasses I have are working out really well so far, though I'll need to tighten one of the screws soon. Happy to see these ones being reproduced.

I don't think I will ever buy another pair of Tom Ford sunglasses again after the 144's. Frame broke only a couple months into wearing them. I'be purchased $20 sunglasses that have lasted longer.

Off topic, but I hope Indy you do a run of the TF Henry's too!
  • MajorBoothroydMajorBoothroyd A World Without WantPosts: 81MI6 Agent
    any upatate
    "Never let them see you bleed."
    Here is the lens we sourced compared to a photo of the originals...

lens%20color%20for%20Quantum%20Sunglasses_zpslvgylc8b.png
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Excellent indy
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    Outstanding
    This is getting exciting now. These were my first Bond sunglasses love, so I can't wait to finally own a pair that does them justice. Keep up the great work Indy!
    "Whoever she was, I must have scared the living daylights out of her." & "Tell mother I died game."
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    Looking good, Indy.
  • HildebrandRarityHildebrandRarity United Kingdom Posts: 26MI6 Agent
    Very much looking forward to these.
    Can not wait for these, very excited now well done every one for replying to this post. And we'll done Indy.
    guss wrote:
    Can not wait for these, very excited now well done every one for replying to this post. And we'll done Indy.

Big thanks to you too guss. Way to get the ball rolling on this one. -{
    The sun is out again in South Wales, I need the Sunglasses ASAP, while the sun is still here LoL
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,450MI6 Agent
    I'm in.
    Prototypes coming along nicely... we'll be redoing the leather tip to have the top-row of stitching:

Quantum%20Sunglasses_zpsjlwz3qht.png
    Quantum%20Sunglasses%202_zpsyepqxato.png
    Quantum%20Sunglasses%203_zpsbwjchnj4.png