The "Ask Higgins questions about the EU" Thread

12346»

Comments

• ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    Chriscoop wrote:
    :)) only in as much as you need the best people for the job, which is curious as the Eu is headed by an alcoholic Luxembourgish cretin who recently dismissed otmar issings latest warning as ridiculous while talking to a French journalist and drinking champagne at 10am. :D

I think that you are a too harsh and unfair with Jean Claude Juncker.

He may have problems with alcohol (other politicians do as well and it's a sickness in the end) and he was massively involved in tax evation as prime minister for Luxemburg.

On the other side, he has massive merits in leading the EU and keeping things together for a long time (and may I add that the task of keeping 28 different and independent countries together is a huge one!).
    I agree with you that he's outdated now and his time is over but he deserves credit for his work for the EU.

Just because you don't like the EU per se does not mean that it's not good for many people that are living in the EU.

I don't dislike juncker or the Eu, I just don't think it works in its current form, and I don't think juncker is the best person for the job.
    Would you take your car to an alcoholic technician who evades tax?
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Would you take your car to an alcoholic technician who evades tax?

As long as he's sober when "being on the job", I have no problem with that.
    Job is job and private is private.

I can only speak about watchmakers, I knew many with alcohol problems.
    Actually the alcoholics where much better than the others :D

As said, keeping 28 countries together (most of them with divided populations with diverging interests and values among themselfs) is a massive task and I can't see anyone who could do that better than Juncker.

Maybe we should suggest Farage for the job (Isn't he obviously an alcoholic as well?) :v
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    :)) no thanks, the only thing I'd like farage to be in charge of is a country pub.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,279MI6 Agent
    Higgins makes out he's German, but he has a picture from an American TV show, writes in English and has a signature in French!

He is all things to all people, and consequently not to be trusted. :D
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    I am the modern type of a populist, Nap.
    What do you want me to be? :v
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!