Poll: Who would you like to be the next James Bond in Bond 26?

Comments

• superdaddysuperdaddy englandPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    Did you catch Tom Cullen in Knightfall last night TP??
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    :)) forgot all about it, but I will make a point of watching . -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • MrGoreMrGore Posts: 129MI6 Agent
    Cullen looks the part. We've had Scottish (SC) Irish (PB), English (DC) Bond. Time for Welsh. Complete the set.

Current odds. 50/1
    Worth a punt. Knightfall is catching audience attention. And will continue to do so over the next year. BB will take notice.
    Tim Dalton is Welsh, by the way ;) so all the home nations are covered.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,795MI6 Agent
    I've been googling photos of Tom Cullen in Downton Abby. He has a good look for Bond. He also has a good "spy-face" too. He's British, but he could pass as a man from southern Europe, an Arab, jew, Latin American...
  • YouknowthenameYouknowthename Carver Media GroupPosts: 500MI6 Agent
    A Dutch newspaper claims Henry Golding is tipped 'by some' as a possible 007. Sure, if they can't have a dark Bond they will opt for an Asian-looking Bond. 8-)

https://www.ad.nl/show/bliksemstart-voor-acteersensatie-henry-golding~a6f3dde2/
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    A Dutch newspaper claims Henry Golding is tipped 'by some' as a possible 007. Sure, if they can't have a dark Bond they will opt for an Asian-looking Bond. 8-)

https://www.ad.nl/show/bliksemstart-voor-acteersensatie-henry-golding~a6f3dde2/

That's all a bunch of nonsense spurred on by the success of the film, Crazy Rich Asians. Golding is handsome, tall, looks great in a tux, has a posh British accent and has a great physical presence. So it's only natural for someone to suggest he would be a good Bond. That being said, if Bond's back story was changed to his mother being of Asian origin (from British Hong Kong?) rather than Swiss...........
  • AJB JAJB J Posts: 10MI6 Agent
    IanFryer wrote:
    I really can't see Hardy either wanting or getting the part of Bond (famous last words!). Not conventionally handsome enough.

Mind you, I'm sure people said the same things about Daniel Craig.

Tom Hardy is still joint favourite with the bookies - I think he’d be a perfect extension of the Bond DC has created

E1_C809_E1-1635-4006-91_D5-777_FF3_B40914.jpg
  • sniperUKsniperUK UlsterPosts: 594MI6 Agent
    AJB J wrote:
    IanFryer wrote:
    I really can't see Hardy either wanting or getting the part of Bond (famous last words!). Not conventionally handsome enough.

Tom Hardy is still joint favourite with the bookies - I think he’d be a perfect extension of the Bond DC has created

God no, he is a personality black hole , his oxygen mask in Dunkirk acted better than he did .
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    sniperUK wrote:
    AJB J wrote:
    IanFryer wrote:

he is a personality black hole

I agree with this, I just can't get into him, he seems so generic and unmemorable to me. He has such an "which one is he? - oh, that guy" syndrome to me
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    AJB J wrote:
    IanFryer wrote:

Though I think Hardy is a better actor then Craig, or atleast has taken on more eclectic projects then him the last few years. I agree that he's not right for Bond and would probably be to similar to Craig in his portrayal anyway.
    Hasn't T Hardy mentioned his desire to quit acting altogether ?
  • HG1940HG1940 Posts: 59MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    I've been googling photos of Tom Cullen in Downton Abby. He has a good look for Bond. He also has a good "spy-face" too. He's British, but he could pass as a man from southern Europe, an Arab, jew, Latin American...

I gonna be narcissitic, I think Tom Cullens is good. I mean, I do not have his looks but share complexion and a general similar look, and if he is a good actor, I hope he has good chances.

I've seen several Brittish persons that while looking sophisticated and very English could pass for latin american as well (being one myself, at the end I hope James Bond remains English always). and as some members have stated, hopefully he can portray the refinements of James Bond's pedigree.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,330Chief of Staff
    HG1940 wrote:
    I hope James Bond remains English always

James Bond isn't English, HG1940.
    Barbel wrote:
    HG1940 wrote:
    I hope James Bond remains English always

James Bond isn't English, HG1940.

oh, sorry for the mistake, he is of course Scottish, right?
    Half Scottish and half Swiss. sorry again.
    Yes, that's right.
  • UnderwaterBattle007UnderwaterBattle007 Posts: 284MI6 Agent
    Tom Hardy would be an amazing Bond.
    FRWl, CR, OHMSS, TSWLM, SF, GF, TLD, LTK, TND, FYEO, OP,TWINE, GE, LALD, TB, SPECTRE, DN, YOLT, TMWTGG, QOS, MR, DAF, DAD, AVTAK, NTTD.

"Do you expect me to talk? "No Mister Bond I expect you to die"
  • Mr_OsatoMr_Osato Posts: 398MI6 Agent
    Hardy could be a good Bond if you like the Craig style. I would prefer to see a more sophisticated version of Bond again. I don't think Tom Hardy can pull that off; he lacks the smoothness from a Brosnan, Moore or Connery.
    OHMSS, FRWL, DN, GF, CR, GE, SP, YOLT, TB, TSWLM, LALD, TLD, TND, FYEO, SF, MR, TMWTGG, TWINE, OP, AVTAK, DAF, LTK, QOS, DAD

1. Connery 2. Craig 3. Brosnan 4. Dalton 5. Lazenby 6. Moore
  • SolarisSolaris Blackpool, UKPosts: 308MI6 Agent
    I just can't see Tom Hardy as Bond. I like him as an actor but I think it would be too easy to characterise him as Craig 2.0 and I think the casting would be bigger than the character. I want to be able to suspend my disbelief and watch James Bond on screen. I don't think I could do that with Hardy.
  • zaphod99zaphod99 Posts: 1,415MI6 Agent
    Solaris wrote:
    I just can't see Tom Hardy as Bond. I like him as an actor but I think it would be too easy to characterise him as Craig 2.0 and I think the casting would be bigger than the character. I want to be able to suspend my disbelief and watch James Bond on screen. I don't think I could do that with Hardy.

He's definitely what's needed uglier and shorter is the way to go for sure. :)

He'd make a superb villain though
    Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
  • bonded123bonded123 Posts: 291MI6 Agent
    I think we may have to reconcile ourselves to the fact Daniel Craig will never leave the role. Babs will never let him go.
    "Can I leave after Bond 25, Barbara?"

"No, you sold you soul to me when you signed up, Daniel. Your mine!"

Daniel-Craig-and-Broccoli.jpg
    Matthew Goode is possible, but at 40 right now age is against him. He would be great in a TV/Netflix version of Moonraker that was in period (he has that kind of look) and faithful to the book (I can dream can't I)
    Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    zaphod99 wrote:
    Matthew Goode is possible, but at 40 right now age is against him. He would be great in a TV/Netflix version of Moonraker that was in period (he has that kind of look) and faithful to the book (I can dream can't I)

Fine actor. I do agree Goode would fit much better as a 50's version of Bond but there's kind of a softness to him I don't care for as Bond. Michael Fassbender, IMO would be perfect but he'd be about 45 by the time Bond 26 rolls around.
  • superdaddysuperdaddy englandPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    Always thought James Purefoy was a missed opportunity! Still Tom Cullen or Clive Standen for next 007 but would be happy with Cavill or even Hiddlestone so long as it's not Hardy, Elba or Fassbender!!
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,296MI6 Agent
    Babs Broccoli to DC : "Your soul is MINE !" (said in a Cary Tagawa mocking voice) :))
    HowardB wrote:
    zaphod99 wrote:

Fine actor. I do agree Goode would fit much better as a 50's version of Bond but there's kind of a softness to him I don't care for as Bond. Michael Fassbender, IMO would be perfect but he'd be about 45 by the time Bond 26 rolls around.

Have you seen 'The Hatton Garden job'? I think 6 months in the Gym and he could do it easily. Besides in my phantasy Bondiverse an in period Moonraker does not call for much derring-do.
  • SolarisSolaris Blackpool, UKPosts: 308MI6 Agent
    Matthew Goode read the audiobook of forever and a day well. So he already has one foot in camp bond.

It went a long way to allowing me to forgive him for Watchmen.
    Oh, I rather enjoyed him in "Watchmen"- and in "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society", too.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,795MI6 Agent
    He's a good actor, but he makes Hugh Grant look like a tough fighter :v