Is this an Omega...?

13»

Comments

• JoshuaJoshua Posts: 1,138MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Good lord, that's not even a copy of a real model!!! It's got aspects of loads of different watches. a Seamaster on the moon eh

That was immediately obvious, and I've seen this a lot with fakes. Are they making obvious mistakes so there's no confusion about the watch being fake? I wonder it seems like they take parts from other models to try to make something different. Apart from that, so many things look off. Has Omega ever made a watch with blue hands on a blue?/black? dial? I can't imagine Omega would ever make a watch where you can't see the hands. The watch also has the common problem of not having the correct proportions. The bezel looks too wide.
    please what is the bezel?
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    edited January 2017
    The bezel is the metal ring around the crystal with the tachymeter markings on it.
    Your watch is loosely based on the speedmaster watch worn by the astronauts who landed on the moon in 1969, buzz Aldrin actually wore his omega on the moons surface.
    It doesn't need a battery because it will have a very basic automatic movement, I guess if you opened the back you would find a tiny little movement held in with plastic.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
    Also goes to prove if the price and look is too good to be true it's probably not the real deal and always do some research to know what you want or are buying.

As I said with all these even the SM300 LE previously posted if there are no box and papers be cautious after all for the LE the box itself is something not to be missed (it's a complete package) especially if you are forking out 5k+ for it. Be like buying a bike with no wheels

Cheers :007)
    My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!
  • Bond Collectors' WeekendsBond Collectors' Weekends Gainesville, Florida USAPosts: 1,883MI6 Agent
    Without looking at the innards/watch workings, an owner can spot numerous differences with the fakes. They can be subtle, but there... a design on the minute hand or its movement around the circle, lettering sizes and colors, styling on numerals, etc.
    Seven (007) James Bond Tours! Mission: Mexico!
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Without looking at the innards/watch workings, an owner can spot numerous differences with the fakes. They can be subtle, but there... a design on the minute hand or its movement around the circle, lettering sizes and colors, styling on numerals, etc.

And in the case of the watch pictured above, often the things that identify a fake are not subtle at all!
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits