The new Omega SEAMASTER DIVER 300M "COMMANDER’S WATCH"

Comments

• Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Interesting that they went for the pattern found on Connery's nylon strap, but in more complimentary colour to the watch they came up with.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • TennysonTennyson A View to a KillPosts: 606MI6 Agent
    It’s uglier than a Matlow’s slapper trapped in Ritzy on a Saturday night in Guz.

Sorry for any non British Navy types, I’m sure someone will post a translation soon ;)
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    Now then, scenario....
    Bond wears it in B25..... Who'd buy it then???
    For first time in a while Id be passing

If DC comes back im sure he would refuse to wear it :))
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    edited July 2017
    Omega state that it's inspired by Bond’s rank in the British Royal Navy

Mmmm if the strap is supposed to represent the Bond's rank then why does it translate to Lieutenant and not Commander? :#

The strap design are just RN colours, not meant to be representative of his actual rank, they've incorporated his rank on the back. Back to the strap.. they've tried to make a hybrid version of the Bond strap using RN colours which doesn't really work well.

This is how a proper RN strap looks.

royalnavywatchstrap.jpg

Urghhhh, I still can't get over why they'd even contemplate releasing such a thing.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:
    It does have aspects I really like, the medal box style case, I like the nato, the rotor and the red 7 on the date wheel, but Im not a fan of the rubber ob the bezel on this or the new planet oceans. I have a Ti and orange po and the rubber seems to me that it will age and deteriorate which negates all the work omega have done with their ceramic bezels. omega seem to be going over colourful at the moment which I have mixed feelings about. The 007 counterweight on the second hand had never found favour with me, though on the CR le po it was less obvious.

Oh yikes I had no idea that bezel section on this, and other similar Omegas, was rubber. What's the purpose of putting that there??
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    JTM wrote:
    Chriscoop wrote:
    It does have aspects I really like, the medal box style case, I like the nato, the rotor and the red 7 on the date wheel, but Im not a fan of the rubber ob the bezel on this or the new planet oceans. I have a Ti and orange po and the rubber seems to me that it will age and deteriorate which negates all the work omega have done with their ceramic bezels. omega seem to be going over colourful at the moment which I have mixed feelings about. The 007 counterweight on the second hand had never found favour with me, though on the CR le po it was less obvious.

Oh yikes I had no idea that bezel section on this, and other similar Omegas, was rubber. What's the purpose of putting that there??

Well for diving watches it shows when your on your last 15 minutes of air in your tank, which have been marked differently on many bezels on many different watches, the thinking behind using rubber is it may be more legible at depth. Though rubber will certainly deteriorate quicker than the ceramic and liquid metal. In any case if your diving that deep you'd likely have a torch and on newer omegas the lume on the pip and minute hand is a different colour ( green) except on the SM300 le which is all blue and not much use as a dive watch in my experience. They've basically reinvented the wheel! 8-)
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,759MI6 Agent
    Everything about this watch is bizarre. The watch itself is puzzling in every way, but the timing of this release is just as strange?
    Indeed, seems like a desperate cash in to me.

My love of the brand is disappearing rapidly with these kind of things and constant revisions to every single model they offer
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Everything about this watch is bizarre. The watch itself is puzzling in every way, but the timing of this release is just as strange?

It's been reported that it was released to mark the anniversaries of YOLT (50th), TSWLM (40th) and TND (20th), but that just seems like pretty unrelated excuse they've used to squeeze the Bond connection dry with another "LE".
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,759MI6 Agent
    JTM wrote:

It's been reported that it was released to mark the anniversaries of YOLT (50th), TSWLM (40th) and TND (20th), but that just seems like pretty unrelated excuse they've used to squeeze the Bond connection dry with another "LE".

I saw that too. Pretty thin. It's obviously a cash grab by Omega. But does it tell us anything about the state of Bond 25?
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Well, I see that straight in the line with the 30th anniversary of TLD X-(

That thing certainly looks like the lovechild between Asp9mm and Rosika Miklos :D
    GW542H258
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • ppw3o6rppw3o6r Great BritainPosts: 2,271MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm wrote:
    Omega state that it's inspired by Bond’s rank in the British Royal Navy

Mmmm if the strap is supposed to represent the Bond's rank then why does it translate to Lieutenant and not Commander? :#

The strap design are just RN colours, not meant to be representative of his actual rank, they've incorporated his rank on the back. Back to the strap.. they've tried to make a hybrid version of the Bond strap using RN colours which doesn't really work well.

This is how a proper RN strap looks.

royalnavywatchstrap.jpg

Urghhhh, I still can't get over why they'd even contemplate releasing such a thing.

Maybe they heard about Higgy's trainers and thought.....hmmm, high end obnoxious.....DONE! :D
    8-) I can see what you are doing here, Donk X-(

• Gadget MeisterGadget Meister Bicester, OxonPosts: 1,972MI6 Agent
    What a perfect match for Higgy Babe's trainers :v
    edited July 2017
    ezgif.com-resize_zps0bhoqvaa.gif

• walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    Based off of the comments from here, Facebook and Instagram there seems to be almost universal disdain for this watch. Has Omega ever released a Bond watch without a corresponding film before?
    Higgins wrote:
    Well, I see that straight in the line with the 30th anniversary of TLD X-(

That thing certainly looks like the lovechild between Asp9mm and Rosika Miklos :D
    GW542H258

Cant believe you even have that screenshot.
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    Has Omega ever released a Bond watch without a corresponding film before?

The original 40th Anniversary model. Although the same year as DAD, it wasn't released at the same time.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
    I wondered about timing, I guess such things are planned well in advance so it may have been their production run anticipated a film this year that did not materialise? So left holding the baby they went with it anyway.

Or is it part of a wider plot and we will get a film this year :D

What I have learnt with Omega is take your time. When the shots came out with DC wearing a SM300 everyone rushed to buy a production one and bought the NATO to go with it Then they released the AT LE later that year which I nearly bought at a special Omega Bond theme night. But I just felt if they did not do a SM300 LE on a NATO they would be missing a trick. The very next week they released the film version screwing all those who purchased the other watches (OK maybe they screwed themselves but you get my drift)

So for me it's a case of time is always your friend. I may buy one and swap the bezel for the 2500 version as I feel the rubber spoils it. I still like the NATO strap and I think it will go well with my Blue PO Ti :D

Cheers :007)
    My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!
  • Arbogast 777Arbogast 777 Minneapolis Posts: 595MI6 Agent
    I am willing to give Omega points for setting the watch's time to 10:07 in the promotion shots -{
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent
    I am willing to give Omega points for setting the watch's time to 10:07 in the promotion shots -{

That's what the time is set to on every single Omega watch in promo shots, though...?
  • Mr_OsatoMr_Osato Posts: 398MI6 Agent
    Don't like it, sorry. The colors remind me of the Swatch watches half of my high school classmates wore in the 90's. Also I am not a big fan of using the 007 logo in branding, it makes it look cheaper too.

I did like the Spectre watch and colours. For some reason, it reminded me a bit of the old Rolex Connery wore in Goldfinger for example.
    OHMSS, FRWL, DN, GF, CR, GE, SP, YOLT, TB, TSWLM, LALD, TLD, TND, FYEO, SF, MR, TMWTGG, TWINE, OP, AVTAK, DAF, LTK, QOS, DAD

1. Connery 2. Craig 3. Brosnan 4. Dalton 5. Lazenby 6. Moore
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,132MI6 Agent
    REFK0002_250x250@2x.jpg?v=1490094654
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
    :)) :)) :))
    My little boy (who's 2 and a half) has that watch in blue

20170706_172026.jpg
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent
    Sorry, I tried, this one is beyond help.

nahto.jpg
    Micheal Wilson and Babs Broccoli were at the launch for this watch, as Daniel Craig is both an omega ambassador and the incumbent Bond you'd have thought he would have been there too ?:) I don't think he's busy doing promo for Lucky Logan yet.
    That's something that I've discussed with a friend today.

The saying is that all licensed products go over MGW and BB's desk and it's difficult for me to imagine that they approved the watch like it is. My theory is, that Omega pays so much money so that they can basically do everything.

You're probably right, I'd like to hear the reasoning behind the white dial, it's a pretty shoddy reason to release a new watch.... the anniversary of a few films releases.
  • ShadowfallShadowfall Posts: 42MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:

20170706_172026.jpg

I've just got my daughter one that is very similar. I have hated every Bond Omega that has used the 007 logo and don't understand why such a premium watch marque would cheapen their design with it. it won't appeal to Bond fans as it isn't accurate to anything the character would actually wear and it won't appeal to fans of Omega or premium watches in general because of that terrible second hand.
    Shadowfall wrote:
    Chriscoop wrote:

20170706_172026.jpg

I've just got my daughter one that is very similar. I have hated every Bond Omega that has used the 007 logo and don't understand why such a premium watch marque would cheapen their design with it. it won't appeal to Bond fans as it isn't accurate to anything the character would actually wear and it won't appeal to fans of Omega or premium watches in general because of that terrible second hand.

I know what you mean, I had the skyfall le po, I loved the dial but just couldn't live with 007 indices at seven o clock.