No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Comments

• Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent
    Cg23 wrote:
    TheExit148 wrote:
    This thread has turned CHAOTIC because of this mishap. Clearly Npeal is aware and is most likely working to rectify the situation.

This feels like a repeat of the issues with the Matchless jacket with the SA details missing and how derailed that got.

If we could all take a step back and patiently wait for an update, it'd probably do everyone some good.

3091-BB57-81-C9-4823-8-A6-E-0681-A2618-BCB.gif

I’m all for a new thread being set up just to deal with the sweater issue frankly, that way those of us not so interested don’t have to wade through it all- not sure if the mods agree this otherwise I’d set it up myself...
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
  • Alex006Alex006 Posts: 156MI6 Agent
    edited February 2020

I’m all for a new thread being set up just to deal with the sweater issue frankly, that way those of us not so interested don’t have to wade through it all- not sure if the mods agree this otherwise I’d set it up myself...

Agreed. It's tiresome having to wade through hundreds of pages of irrelevant posts to find the twenty posts that relate to the gear piece of your interest. Worst still when it keeps getting hijacked by a different gear piece, and people either forget, or lose interest in digging through all those pages as well. This happens every movie release... That's exactly one of the reasons why I proposed this- https://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/52231/suggestion-bond-x-memorabilia-forum/
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,771MI6 Agent
    Cg23 wrote:
    TheExit148 wrote:
    This thread has turned CHAOTIC because of this mishap. Clearly Npeal is aware and is most likely working to rectify the situation.

This feels like a repeat of the issues with the Matchless jacket with the SA details missing and how derailed that got.

If we could all take a step back and patiently wait for an update, it'd probably do everyone some good.

3091-BB57-81-C9-4823-8-A6-E-0681-A2618-BCB.gif

Honestly what i think should be done is sub threads for each item or outfit that way we can keep everything compartmentalized. This way if someone has questions/concerns about a specific item they can go to the topic and discuss it.
    I know where you keep your gun!
  • MrSwindermanMrSwinderman Dover, Ohio, USAPosts: 212MI6 Agent
    Can we get back to the new jacket? I’m still itching to find out what it is B-)
  • Bond_James_BondBond_James_Bond +++ Classified +++Posts: 569MI6 Agent

Yes please!!

I think it is the Barbour.

BARBOUR X ENGINEERED GARMENTS GRAHAM JACKET
    MCA0596NY71

https://www.barbour.com/us/catalog/product/view/id/17331
    The name's Bond_James_Bond
  • SnorpleySnorpley Posts: 86MI6 Agent
    my money is there too

Yes please!!

I think it is the Barbour.

BARBOUR X ENGINEERED GARMENTS GRAHAM JACKET
    MCA0596NY71

https://www.barbour.com/us/catalog/product/view/id/17331
    ...a brother from Sydney
  • OMEGA BOND WATCHESOMEGA BOND WATCHES Las Vegas, NVPosts: 210MI6 Agent
    I believe it is this version.

2-C2-FD875-1789-4957-8-FA8-7444-C59-B7-BF4.jpg

C5754431-D4-C0-4-F9-E-B0-F6-F14-FFD676-F49.jpg

DD6206-CA-4210-4-F99-9-DFD-D8-B3-DBC29162.jpg
    History isn’t kind to men who play God.
    @OmegaBondWatches

***Vegas Bond is now OMEGA BOND WATCHES***
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,759MI6 Agent
    shilton125 wrote:
    TBH anyone other than the Navy or police why would you go out wearing this jumper? if I went out wearing it I would be ridiculed and would be laughed at from a price pov. NPEAL have not thought out the concept and just the name eats away at me ie Army sweater poor infact very poor
    As TBE showed in his review it goes well with casual pants but even then I think i'll probably refrain from wearing it while socializing in the city. It's hard to shake the cosplay feel of the sweater even though it doesn't immediately draw attention to itself like Ryan Gosling's Drive jacket or something.

Agreed. I could never see myself wearing this. It’s too fine to be used for anything close to its screen-worn purpose, and it feels too much like a costume to be worn as a casual outfit. I think it’s a great choice for the film and looks really good on Craig in the trailer, but it’s not for me. As Bond’s “tactical” outfits go, I’d say the M-65 from Goldeneye is more wearable than this.
  • Ctu92Ctu92 Posts: 14MI6 Agent
    VegasBond wrote:

Correct. That’s the version I posted pics of. It’s the “washed” version.
  • 007Downunder007Downunder Hobart, Australia Posts: 373MI6 Agent
    Ctu92 wrote:
    VegasBond wrote:

Do you have a link ? Thanks
    Anthony
  • TravelerTraveler NYCPosts: 65MI6 Agent
    So.... just got my ‘Army Jumper’. I’m usually an M, but ordered M & S. They both look awful and will be going straight back. 1. Honestly for that price I don’t really love the feel of it 2. The patches are worse than non-aesthetic.... because of the oversize and relative stiffness against the wool, they make a weird fold/bunching across the front of the shoulder - it just looks odd, impractical, and not luxurious at all (if that’s what they were supposedly going for). 3. As I’m poncing around trying to convince myself that “may be it’s OK” the wife says to me “Are you sure you haven’t got it on backwards?”!!! X-( ... very disappointed. I have never been let down by an NP product before but this is just a disaster.... on the plus side, I’ll probably end up getting something like the LL Bean budget alternative, which actually looks like a nice, normal jumper, and my bank account will be better off for it B-)
  • OMEGA BOND WATCHESOMEGA BOND WATCHES Las Vegas, NVPosts: 210MI6 Agent
    Ctu92 wrote:
    VegasBond wrote:

Sure....
    https://www.countryattire.com/barbour-wash-graham-wax-jacket/ca50172957.html?colour=Navy

Or

https://www.endclothing.com/us/barbour-x-engineered-garments-washed-graham-casual-jacket-mca0668ny71.html
    History isn’t kind to men who play God.
    @OmegaBondWatches

***Vegas Bond is now OMEGA BOND WATCHES***
  • Ctu92 wrote:
    VegasBond wrote:

If the new jacket is the Graham by Barbour, it's a $600 jacket. There are several versions of that jacket as well.
    It's kind of hard to pull the trigger on something that expensive that might end up in the same boat as the billy reid reversible shirt.
  • BCFDRayBCFDRay Joppa, MarylandPosts: 373MI6 Agent
    I know it was revealed recently about the buckles on Bond’s thigh holster being from Carbon Tactics. If anyone wants a real steel version, if you use promo code BONDARMORY at checkout, you’ll get 10% Off. Not sponsored in anyway, but after asking them about the Epoch, they just gave me a promo code to share! I bought one myself to review and think afterwards I may cast a few resin ones for anyone who wants to build a replica prop NTTD thigh rig.

95-D1-C5-FF-DAC6-40-DC-A947-5-D0-D7-F0-D0060.jpg
  • 007Downunder007Downunder Hobart, Australia Posts: 373MI6 Agent
    Ctu92 wrote:

If the new jacket is the Graham by Barbour, it's a $600 jacket. There are several versions of that jacket as well.
    It's kind of hard to pull the trigger on something that expensive that might end up in the same boat as the billy reid reversible shirt.
    Good advise i like the jacket but would only buy if it’s confirmed. Detectives done a great job on screenshots.
    Anthony
    Traveler wrote:
    So.... just got my ‘Army Jumper’. I’m usually an M, but ordered M & S. They both look awful and will be going straight back. 1. Honestly for that price I don’t really love the feel of it 2. The patches are worse than non-aesthetic.... because of the oversize and relative stiffness against the wool, they make a weird fold/bunching across the front of the shoulder - it just looks odd, impractical, and not luxurious at all (if that’s what they were supposedly going for). 3. As I’m poncing around trying to convince myself that “may be it’s OK” the wife says to me “Are you sure you haven’t got it on backwards?”!!! X-( ... very disappointed. I have never been let down by an NP product before but this is just a disaster.... on the plus side, I’ll probably end up getting something like the LL Bean budget alternative, which actually looks like a nice, normal jumper, and my bank account will be better off for it B-)

Exactly. What Traveler said above is all that needs to be said.

The canvas shoulder patches should be a light decorative touch, not overpowering 3/4 of the upper chest. It's not the best material, hence why it's only a light decorative touch. For anyone Medium and below, it's glaringly THERE, front and center.

There's no getting around the fact that this sweater is a loud look. A loud look made all the louder (for all the wrong reasons) by a corner-cutting measure for anyone size Medium and below.
    BCFDRay wrote:
    I know it was revealed recently about the buckles on Bond’s thigh holster being from Carbon Tactics. If anyone wants a real steel version, if you use promo code BONDARMORY at checkout, you’ll get 10% Off. Not sponsored in anyway, but after asking them about the Epoch, they just gave me a promo code to share! I bought one myself to review and think afterwards I may cast a few resin ones for anyone who wants to build a replica prop NTTD thigh rig.

I can't imagine they'd be too happy about that...? Why not just offer to collaborate with them first?
  • Alex006 wrote:
    Traveler wrote:

Exactly. What Traveler said above is all that needs to be said.

The canvas shoulder patches should be a light decorative touch, not overpowering 3/4 of the upper chest. It's not the best material, hence why it's only a light decorative touch. For anyone Medium and below, it's glaringly THERE, front and center.

There's no getting around the fact that this sweater is a loud look. A loud look made all the louder (for all the wrong reasons) by a corner-cutting measure for anyone size Medium and below.

Alex006,

You've spoken your mind. Now give N. Peal a chance to look into it, and get back to us.
  • Double0zeroDouble0zero Los AngelesPosts: 220MI6 Agent
    shilton125 wrote:
    TBH anyone other than the Navy or police why would you go out wearing this jumper? if I went out wearing it I would be ridiculed and would be laughed at from a price pov. NPEAL have not thought out the concept and just the name eats away at me ie Army sweater poor infact very poor
    As TBE showed in his review it goes well with casual pants but even then I think i'll probably refrain from wearing it while socializing in the city. It's hard to shake the cosplay feel of the sweater even though it doesn't immediately draw attention to itself like Ryan Gosling's Drive jacket or something.

Agreed. I could never see myself wearing this. It’s too fine to be used for anything close to its screen-worn purpose, and it feels too much like a costume to be worn as a casual outfit. I think it’s a great choice for the film and looks really good on Craig in the trailer, but it’s not for me. As Bond’s “tactical” outfits go, I’d say the M-65 from Goldeneye is more wearable than this.

Amen !
    edited February 2020
    unshaken91, what is it with you being against anyone speaking out addressing this problem?

From your posts on the trading forum, I'm assuming you're at least an XL (based on what you're buying/selling there). Cool, I get that this issue won't affect you. But for the rest of us that would love to get a wearable N Peal sweater, this is a problem.

Sheesh man, have some empathy.

If things were the other way around, and XL upwards looked weird, I wouldn't telling you to pipe down...

And yes, the only way change happens is when noise is made. So sure, sorry we ruined your arguments that we should just suck it up and be happy with what we have, but no, I for one am peeved I'm spending around 40 pounds for shipping both ways for a mistake that could be avoided, and should be fixed in the future
  • Alex006,

I haven't even purchased one of these sweaters myself,
    I'm not telling you to be happy with something you're clearly, and I mean CLEARLY not happy with.
    All I'm saying is that you've made your point. Here's a life lesson my father taught me a long time ago: Make your point, speak with articulation, and don't ramble on. The more and more you talk, the less and less you convince the person you are talking to. For the record, all I'm saying is be patient, give N. Peal a chance to make it right {[]
    edited February 2020
    I haven't even purchased one of these sweaters myself,

That right there says it all.

Sure, you've given up telling us to accept this sweater now, but that still doesn't excuse your previous condescending, sarcastic remarks when folks did point out and debate the extent of the problem. If you don't have a dog in the fight, then why fight so hard to defend a flawed design that doesn't affect you anyway? Voice of reason, you are not.

Anyway, I'll keep on debating gear pieces that I love. You keep doing you.
  • Alex006,

I tried being nice, but it seems you need a more blunt approach.

Here's an idea, why don't you stop derailing this thread, and e-mail N. Peal about your concerns. In case you haven't noticed, this is not the "my shoulder patches are too big thread"
    nor is this an N. Peal complaint box.
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,759MI6 Agent
    edited February 2020
    Alex006 wrote:
    BCFDRay wrote:

I can't imagine they'd be too happy about that...? Why not just offer to collaborate with them first?

Alex, you need to relax my dude.
    Alex006,

I tried being nice, but it seems you need a more blunt approach.

Here's an idea, why don't you stop derailing this thread, and e-mail N. Peal about your concerns. In case you haven't noticed, this is not the "my shoulder patches are too big thread"
    nor is this an N. Peal complaint box.

:))

Go back, reread the previous posts between the two of us. Look at who tried to be nice and who was being condescending. Those posts speak for themselves.

Heck, I tried sending you a diplomatic PM to prevent derailing this conversation further, but you insist on dragging this out on this thread. So no, you don't get to play the victim.

Seriously, if my posts irk you as much as they do, go ahead and mute me. I'm ignoring you from this point forward, I fail to see how engaging with you any further is productive to this thread.
    Alex006 wrote:
    BCFDRay wrote:

You need to relax my dude.

Relax? Okaaay.... was just making a suggestion. They seem pretty proud of their invention, but you do whatever you want.
  • Bond_AmbitionsBond_Ambitions Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 460MI6 Agent
    Alex006,

...Here's a life lesson my father taught me a long time ago: Make your point, speak with articulation, and don't ramble on. The more and more you talk, the less and less you convince the person you are talking to...

amen
  • Quentin QuigleyQuentin Quigley Terminal One, Hamburg AirportPosts: 1,157MI6 Agent
    Tennyson wrote:
    I believe I've identified Nomi's gloves. To my eyes it's a match, except maybe the 'watch cutout' piece around the wrist has been removed on the SA ones:

First Tactical Men's Lightweight Patrol Glove:

49552037643_a7ddc3dd2e_o.png
    49552047983_e23346393a_o.png

https://www.legear.com.au/First-Tactical-Mens-Lightweight-Patrol-Glove

On the money I’d say Quentin! Good effort!

Cheers, mate. Much appreciated. {[]
    Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,323Chief of Staff
    Guys, this thread has become very personal and been reported.
    Please keep posts civil and impersonal, or use PMs if necessary. Thank you.
  • CharlesRobinsonCharlesRobinson Posts: 53MI6 Agent

Good advise i like the jacket but would only buy if it’s confirmed. Detectives done a great job on screenshots.
    Will be in South Shields next week some time, will pop in the very good Barbour Factory Store when there and have a look and see what they've got in general, but also if there are any slight seconds of that jacket when I'm there. For the record, it's definitely worth a visit if you're in the vicinity, often 70% off previous seasons kit and generally good deals all round, friend of mine got the predecessor to the Corbridge waxed jacket there for about £50 last week.