No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Comments

• danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    Handbags at Dawn :D :D :D
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    I was in earlier in the week and nothing of that exact jkt. But not to say stock wont change...
    Great outlet
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • Fastball SpecialFastball Special Posts: 66MI6 Agent
    If the unconfirmed jacket is the Barbour Graham washed version, does it seem to look big? Sort of a "Dad fit"? Does Barbour run slim at all ?
    Perpetually on the hunt for and WTB:
    Matchless Captain Civil War Jacket size Small
    Matchless Craig Blouson original ES of 700 size Small
  • PeakeyPeakey Posts: 124MI6 Agent
    edited February 2020
    If the unconfirmed jacket is the Barbour Graham washed version, does it seem to look big? Sort of a "Dad fit"? Does Barbour run slim at all ?

I've got a few Barbour jackets and they run true to size - the XL for example fits a 46-48 chest.
  • SevenDSevenD Posts: 97MI6 Agent
    Peakey wrote:

I've got a few Barbour jackets and they run true to size - the XL fpr example fits a 46-48 chest.
    I would also say Barbour jackets fit true to size. Nevertheless the website says the Graham jacket is an oversized style. Keep that in mind.
  • sunny01sunny01 Posts: 524MI6 Agent
    Not a fan of an oversize jacket if that’s what it is. DC looks good in most things but I am finding it disappointing that apart from a few items it seems like the stylist has gone down the route of dressing him in old man clothing. Oversize clothing tends to be for people trying to hide an unflattering frame. Why dress someone in baggy clothes when they have made the effort down the gym and with diet to stay in shape? There is also far more expense and skill required to produce well fitting tailored clothes which is what we have typically seen with the clothing choices in prior Bond movies. Overall the stylist choices for this movie have been a massive disappointment, for me anyway. Let’s hope there is an inverse correlation between the movie and the clothing much like QoS had the best clothing but was potentially the worst movie!
  • JacobJacob DenmarkPosts: 294MI6 Agent
    I went ahead and ordered the medium N Peal jumper after some hesitation.

It was asked earlier, but does anyone coincidentally recognize the pants the N Peal model is wearing with the sweater? I think it is a great pairing but unfortunately had little luck in the past asking N Peal about non-N Peal clothing on their models. Thanks.
  • JigenJigen Posts: 76MI6 Agent
    I second that! The only item of clothing from NTTD I've aquired so far is the RgT jacket. Nothing else inspires me. Of the Craig movies, QOS and Spectre are definitely the ones I took the most sartorial inspiration from (I did get excited with the Skyfall jackets too, but can't say I wear them regularly anymore...)
    Hoping for some well needed surprises once the movie comes out!
    sunny01 wrote:
    Not a fan of an oversize jacket if that’s what it is. DC looks good in most things but I am finding it disappointing that apart from a few items it seems like the stylist has gone down the route of dressing him in old man clothing. Oversize clothing tends to be for people trying to hide an unflattering frame. Why dress someone in baggy clothes when they have made the effort down the gym and with diet to stay in shape? There is also far more expense and skill required to produce well fitting tailored clothes which is what we have typically seen with the clothing choices in prior Bond movies. Overall the stylist choices for this movie have been a massive disappointment, for me anyway. Let’s hope there is an inverse correlation between the movie and the clothing much like QoS had the best clothing but was potentially the worst movie!
  • treyceherseytreycehersey Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    Just for anyone interested, I found a new alternative to the Matera jacket. Banana Republic just released a jacket called a "coach's jacket" they have ecru and navy colored. I received mine yesterday and feel the look is much more similar to the original than the mango. The only exception is it having chest pockets instead of hip pockets which do help to exaggerate the chest a bit instead of the waist. The jacket is definitely high quality and runs true to size. If you have very large arms the sleeves might be a bit tight but going up a size should rectify this. I bought both a M and a L, I have a 41-42 inch chest and a 30.5 inch waist and it gives the same billowy flow appearance as DC has in the pictures. The fabric is a 52% linen 48% cotton that feels very luxurious and side note it has genuine corozo buttons which re very nice. The jacket has a nice collar that rolls open to the second button like in the film AND has a drawstring waist. Perhaps the best part is it is completely unlined so it will be fantastic for the summer and spring. The color is a true navy and i suspect the blue will lighten a bit after a few washes (machine wash cold). I will add a link below all sizes are in stock currently.

https://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=532630012&cid=1152816&pcid=13846&vid=1&grid=pds_32_176_1#pdp-page-content
  • bosoxfanbosoxfan Posts: 611MI6 Agent
    Good morning,
    I have a question about the N Peal Army Jumper but I promise it has nothing to do with patches, ribs or any other controversial topics. For those that have already received their sweater, is the feel noticably nicer, softer, better with the mix of cashmere and wool than the Kempton or LLBean versions that are straight wool?
    KH
  • TintinTintin Posts: 194MI6 Agent
    bosoxfan wrote:
    Good morning,
    I have a question about the N Peal Army Jumper but I promise it has nothing to do with patches, ribs or any other controversial topics. For those that have already received their sweater, is the feel noticably nicer, softer, better with the mix of cashmere and wool than the Kempton or LLBean versions that are straight wool?
    KH

My N.Peal sweater arrived today. I have no comparison to the Kempton or LLBean but in any case the superfine Marino wool feels very high quality and soft. The 100% caschmire sweaters are even softer, but the look and feel of the NTTD sweater is defenitively much better than 99,9% of the straight wool sweaters I know. By the way, the sweater is thicker than I expected.

Unfortunately my NTTD sweater is a bit too small for me. But despite the much discussed small discrepancies I like the sweater and will exchange it for a more suitable size.

Nevertheless, one point that speaks for a somewhat hasty release is that my sweater is missing both the "No Time To Die" label and the care label. The missing NTTD label doesn't bother me, but the missing care label is a bit sloppy, isn't it?
    Would be interesting to see if this is an exception or the rule.
  • Mattia De VartiMattia De Varti ItalyPosts: 488MI6 Agent
    From the new released DHL spot, it seems Bond has stored in his garage not only the V8 and some Bollinger, but also some suits (all with a protecting dust cover ;) ). Assuming that the garage is in London, probably there are the ones he wears at MI6 and while visiting Blofeld in jail.

abc.png
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,155MI6 Agent
    My Npeal arrived too today, got to say the fit is lovely and the feel.
    It’s certainly not just a naval jumper imo although I wouldn’t know what that was :))
    surprisingly fits large so I’m normally a M but this is the small under the SA Henley.
    Having said that I’m undersided as I am disappointed it’s not SA as the poster goes and you can clearly see that when it’s on. Patches dominate not like DC’s
    My wife said the necks funny too.
    I’m going to contact Npeal nicely here in the Uk as there customer service for me personally has been brilliant, even repaired my spectre one for free last year.
    I post if I get any joy too.

What do you guys think of the fit and look ?
    007 reporting for duty
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,155MI6 Agent
    C5-C62-C65-3385-4877-ACE1-AF95-DA83-AB04.jpg

01-C35643-E2-A6-4-B9-B-8677-1-C53-EE3-E88-B7.jpg

Just paired with sa Henley and boss trousers, no guns
    007 reporting for duty
    edited February 2020
    0-ACA971-A-BC7-D-4-B32-8-D7-A-BCDE43309837.jpg
    Having a look at the photo again, I don’t think he is wearing the TB shirt. To my eye the buttons are missing and you can clearly see the “collar” is ending somewhere near the upper chest. Looks to me more like a skipper collar (polo maybe) Something like we have seen before with the TF polo with the skipper collar (Sunspel also have or had one in their portfolio, which I have).
  • juhuataijuhuatai Posts: 21MI6 Agent
    Chris,

IMO the patches look ridiculously large. I actually had ordered this but cancelled the order upon seeing David's review. Otherwise, I think the fit actually looks quite nice on you. I actually like the diamond neck.

best,
    Frank

You can wear it. Looks good on you. If I were you I would size up. Sleeve length is too short in my opinion (and will get shorter with washing if you ask me).
  • NoiNoi Posts: 705MI6 Agent
    edited February 2020
    SevenD wrote:
    Having a look at the photo again, I don’t think he is wearing the TB shirt. To my eye the buttons are missing and you can clearly see the “collar” is ending somewhere near the upper chest. Looks to me more like a skipper collar (polo maybe) Something like we have seen before with the TF polo with the skipper collar (Sunspel also have or had one in their portfolio, which I have).

Its very hard to tell because the colours are so similar to the Jamaica-Outfit but my first thought was: Polo
    but you are right about the collar, the TB collars are far more spread (at least without wearing a jacket).

I still searching for the final proof and have seen that the Barbour Jacket has a peak at the end of the collar.
    I have no objectivity to that picture anymore, and maybe I'm about to hallucinate:
    1119893.jpg12.jpg

but I have read that the Jacket ist from their Spring/Sommer '19 Collection which is another argument for the Jacket.

______________________________________________________________________________

yeah I have already comment these neck and I will not repeat myself, but I think I know what she means by "funny" :>
    I would agree that the sleeves are a little bit to short but all in all the sweater looks great on you and total wearable in daily life, no cosplay-character at all in my eyes even with the henley
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,450MI6 Agent
    I *love* Barbour but there’s nothing about the Graham that says unique $500 gotta-have jacket to me.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    SevenD wrote:

You can wear it. Looks good on you. If I were you I would size up. Sleeve length is too short in my opinion (and will get shorter with washing if you ask me).

Proper care of knitwear doesn't result in shrinkage. Most of my knits have stretched with wear from putting them on and taking them off. I haven't had anything from N.Peal long enough to comment on whether that happens with their garments, but I don't usually recommend sizing up in knitwear because of stretch. chriscollins007 doesn't look like he needs to size up.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • OMEGA BOND WATCHESOMEGA BOND WATCHES Las Vegas, NVPosts: 210MI6 Agent
    Cheverian wrote:
    I *love* Barbour but there’s nothing about the Graham that says unique $500 gotta-have jacket to me.

I took the plunge on the Jacket due to the fact that it was hard to find the model. It arrived today as soon as I get home from work I’ll post some other images. And see if that will help. The throat cover is making me feel confident in it being the correct jacket but time will tell.
    History isn’t kind to men who play God.
    @OmegaBondWatches

***Vegas Bond is now OMEGA BOND WATCHES***
  • Bond_James_BondBond_James_Bond +++ Classified +++Posts: 569MI6 Agent
    edited March 2020
    Ctu92 wrote:
    VegasBond wrote:
    I believe it is this version.

2-C2-FD875-1789-4957-8-FA8-7444-C59-B7-BF4.jpg

C5754431-D4-C0-4-F9-E-B0-F6-F14-FFD676-F49.jpg

DD6206-CA-4210-4-F99-9-DFD-D8-B3-DBC29162.jpg

Correct. That’s the version I posted pics of. It’s the “washed” version.

I don't think it is the washed version.
    The name's Bond_James_Bond
  • Alex006Alex006 Posts: 156MI6 Agent

Looks good on you. I wouldn't worry about the neck, it looks great on you, but hey, you have to live with your wife's opinion, not mine! :p Seriously though, you just have to decide if you like that design. But otherwise, if you're okay with the patches, I'd say keep it! :)

In my opinion, looking at how it fits Craig, I personally think that the shoulders seems half a size bigger than Craig, if you notice how it droops. Gives it kind of a devil-may-care style, but that's just a guess, since it's hard to tell though, considering the low res photos. But I am theorizing that to get a SA fit, you'd need to order a size up, then have the body tapered in.
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent
    Fed Ex is holding my N Peal sweater until I fill out a 5106 form with my social security number and other tax info. I've never had this happen when buying clothes from the UK before. Anyone else?
    Tintin wrote:
    Nevertheless, one point that speaks for a somewhat hasty release is that my sweater is missing both the "No Time To Die" label and the care label. The missing NTTD label doesn't bother me, but the missing care label is a bit sloppy, isn't it?

Right, THAT's what's sloppy about the sweater! ;)

Here's hoping you get that issue sorted on your exchange. And if not, I wouldn't worry about it. Personally, I hate licensing labels on gear pieces... kinda cheapens it, and reminds me of the movie tie ins you'd get from McDonalds as a kid. Cheers to N Peal for placing it somewhere discreet though
    Fed Ex is holding my N Peal sweater until I fill out a 5106 form with my social security number and other tax info. I've never had this happen when buying clothes from the UK before. Anyone else?

What state are you in?
  • universal exports tokyouniversal exports tokyo TokyoPosts: 11MI6 Agent
    I got a ENGINEERED GARMENTS X BARBOUR Graham non waxed jacket. It is the Spring / Summer 2019 collection. The color is navy.
    My Skyfall Commander Jacket size is M, which fits me perfectly, but this jacket size is S, it fits for me perfectly.
    I'll show you some pics. The fabric color is the closest in the enlarged photo of the neck.

Noi wrote:
    SevenD wrote:

Its very hard to tell because the colours are so similar to the Jamaica-Outfit but my first thought was: Polo
    but you are right about the collar, the TB collars are far more spread (at least without wearing a jacket).

I still searching for the final proof and have seen that the Barbour Jacket has a peak at the end of the collar.
    I have no objectivity to that picture anymore, and maybe I'm about to hallucinate:
    1119893.jpg12.jpg

but I have read that the Jacket ist from their Spring/Sommer '19 Collection which is another argument for the Jacket.

______________________________________________________________________________

yeah I have already comment these neck and I will not repeat myself, but I think I know what she means by "funny" :>
    I would agree that the sleeves are a little bit to short but all in all the sweater looks great on you and total wearable in daily life, no cosplay-character at all in my eyes even with the henley

IMG-3156.jpg

IMG-3158.jpg

IMG-3160.jpg

IMG-3162.jpg

IMG-3164.jpg
  • OMEGA BOND WATCHESOMEGA BOND WATCHES Las Vegas, NVPosts: 210MI6 Agent
    Here is my version of the graham

28-C14-A2-A-25-B4-4-E62-88-F2-D3-AA90-B87-C40.jpg

2-D80-B25-C-BEC3-47-E1-B39-A-6652-D2099602.jpg

3-BFADA43-0-C68-47-E2-BDE3-B0-EAED794-CA2.jpg
    History isn’t kind to men who play God.
    @OmegaBondWatches

***Vegas Bond is now OMEGA BOND WATCHES***
  • NoiNoi Posts: 705MI6 Agent
    edited February 2020
    VegasBond wrote:
    Here is my version of the graham

28-C14-A2-A-25-B4-4-E62-88-F2-D3-AA90-B87-C40.jpg

2-D80-B25-C-BEC3-47-E1-B39-A-6652-D2099602.jpg

3-BFADA43-0-C68-47-E2-BDE3-B0-EAED794-CA2.jpg

is this Jacket waxed? always thought that the 'Washed'-Version is the unwaxed Jacket but its the other way round :s

as already assumed I think its the unlined/unwaxed version and I think you can spot the reflection of the left shoulder/back button on the collar here, which are visible on the unwaxed-version only.
    Waxed.jpg

what you cant see is the the button on the right (Craigs right) collar, maybe its to dark or blurred because he is in motion?
  • Fred007Fred007 Posts: 466MI6 Agent

Thank you BREXIT !!!