No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Comments

• CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,451MI6 Agent
    edited February 2020
    TSRGus wrote:
    Cheverian wrote:
    My N.Peal NTTD in size large arrived this morning. I had hoped to report otherwise, but I won't be keeping it.

IMG-2026.jpg

I don't think the shoulder patches are as much of an issue in this size (although I am sure they will work better on the XL and XXL). The reason I am returning the sweater has to do with the shoulders themselves. There is a hem along the shoulder line covered by the patches that, in my case, causes an unnatural ridge to form. Perhaps it would soften with use, but I don't spend this kind of money lightly and only buy things that are perfect out of the box. The fit otherwise seems pretty good so I can't imagine sizing up. For those interested, I have 19" shoulders in suits and a 43" chest. I usually take a 52 or 54 depending on the designer.

Other observations:

Someone above mentioned the neck hole being surprisingly small. It was for me as well.

Also, the sweater is heavier than expected (heavier than the LL Bean if you have that as a comparison).

The merino/cashmere mix is ultra soft however. Really nice to the touch.

I think the sweater will actually work better for most wearers with a color other than white or off-white beneath—unless you are going the full Bond by wearing braces. Navy, charcoal, or heather grey don't draw as much attention to the diamond neck in my quick experimenting.

I was rooting for this one. I wanted to love it.

All your points are fair and well made... and I understand why you're sending back.... although I genuinely think it looks good on you... Yikes, I hope people don't lambast me for saying so... Anyway, I'm keeping mine. I'm wearing mine at the moment and I just stepped out of the office to grab a coffee and the patron waiting in line next to me actually said, "that's a very nice sweater".... let the slings and arrows fly.....

Thanks! As it happens N.Peal customer service has been very slow getting back to me. I think they must be hoping people convince me to keep it. :))

Opinions? Here it is in better light.

IMG-2031.jpg
  • Fred007Fred007 Posts: 466MI6 Agent
    TSRGus wrote:
    Cheverian wrote:
    My N.Peal NTTD in size large arrived this morning. I had hoped to report otherwise, but I won't be keeping it.

IMG-2026.jpg

I don't think the shoulder patches are as much of an issue in this size (although I am sure they will work better on the XL and XXL). The reason I am returning the sweater has to do with the shoulders themselves. There is a hem along the shoulder line covered by the patches that, in my case, causes an unnatural ridge to form. Perhaps it would soften with use, but I don't spend this kind of money lightly and only buy things that are perfect out of the box. The fit otherwise seems pretty good so I can't imagine sizing up. For those interested, I have 19" shoulders in suits and a 43" chest. I usually take a 52 or 54 depending on the designer.

Other observations:

Someone above mentioned the neck hole being surprisingly small. It was for me as well.

Also, the sweater is heavier than expected (heavier than the LL Bean if you have that as a comparison).

I think the sweater will actually work better for most wearers with a color other than white or off-white beneath—unless you are going the full Bond by wearing braces. Navy, charcoal, or heather grey don't draw as much attention to the diamond neck in my quick experimenting.

All your points are fair and well made... and I understand why you're sending back.... although I genuinely think it looks good on you... Yikes, I hope people don't lambast me for saying so... Anyway, I'm keeping mine. I'm wearing mine at the moment and I just stepped out of the office to grab a coffee and the patron waiting in line next to me actually said, "that's a very nice sweater".... let the slings and arrows fly.....

I will keep mine too. It is really beautiful and the quality is here.....really better than my Amazon model !!! I'm not completely for screen-accuracy, I buy because I like and I want to wear so, no problem on the N.Peal for me, it is great with jeans and suede shoes.
    Of course, it doesn't fit like Craig's but no costumer tailored my sweater on me :))
    BTW, I'm a "L" on most things but I downsized to "M" for this.
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,155MI6 Agent
    Guys, I reached out to Npeal Uk as I've dealt with the customer services team before and they have always been helpful.
    Just highlighted my concerns and as usual they were quick to respond.
    This was their response.
    So I'm sending mine back to see what develops.

Thank you for your email.We are very sorry our garment did not reach your expectations.Our designs team have been looking into this matter and will soon let you know if any updates.

We are more than happy to refund for the order if you are not 100% satisfied. Please let us know and we would be glad to help.
    007 reporting for duty
  • lordfancyfacelordfancyface CaliforniaPosts: 17MI6 Agent
    This looks pretty close! Too bad they do not seem to make it any more :(

Archerr00 wrote:
    New challenge for all the detectives out there. I'm not sure if this belongs here, but it seemed fitting...
    Can anyone ID the wallet that can be seen in the Daniel Craig vs James Bond ad for Heineken? Second 0:40 of the ad, in case the image doesn't appear. Sorry new at this.

Screenshot-2020-02-24-at-19-53-11.png

Cannot be 100% sure but it looks VERY similar to my Massimo Dutti card wallet (see below).

IMG-1213.jpg

IMG-1214.jpg
    Instagram: johndalessio
  • TSRGusTSRGus Posts: 88MI6 Agent
    Cheverian wrote:
    TSRGus wrote:
    Cheverian wrote:

IMG-2026.jpg

Other observations:

Thanks! As it happens N.Peal customer service has been very slow getting back to me. I think they must be hoping people convince me to keep it. :))

Opinions? Here it is in better light.

IMG-2031.jpg

I like it even better in this pic... the point in that shoulder is rounding out better...and I can vouch that as you wear it, it forms to the body more.

Again, I completely understand the ire folks feel here but for whatever reason, I still like it anyway and I somehow feel cheerful putting it on ...
  • Bond_James_BondBond_James_Bond +++ Classified +++Posts: 569MI6 Agent
    This looks pretty close! Too bad they do not seem to make it any more :(

Archerr00 wrote:
    New challenge for all the detectives out there. I'm not sure if this belongs here, but it seemed fitting...
    Can anyone ID the wallet that can be seen in the Daniel Craig vs James Bond ad for Heineken? Second 0:40 of the ad, in case the image doesn't appear. Sorry new at this.

Screenshot-2020-02-24-at-19-53-11.png

Cannot be 100% sure but it looks VERY similar to my Massimo Dutti card wallet (see below).

IMG-1213.jpg

IMG-1214.jpg

Actually I think it's the Paul Smith version. The text definitely looks more like Paul Smith (I thought this of the text when i initially saw the picture).

I've had this Massimo Dutti version for around 10 years so not at all surprised if it's no longer in their range.
    The name's Bond_James_Bond
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    Noi wrote:

and I have to admit I'm a bit jealous on how things look on craig vs. reality, the RGT underlines his muscular body-structure so well

C.jpg
    Pretty much everyone can own the screen-accurate clothes now, but not everyone is willing to put in the work to actually look like Bond in the clothes. Thats one reason why the #bond25fitnesschallenge is so popular.
  • JB1106340JB1106340 Posts: 434MI6 Agent
    Noi wrote:
    okay so he definitely wears the Jamaica-Outfit (TB Shirt, TF Jeans, Sperry Shoes) with that new Jacket, if its the graham its still hard to say which version it is, too dark

B.jpgA.jpgD.jpg

and I have to admit I'm a bit jealous on how things look on craig vs. reality, the RGT underlines his muscular body-structure so well

C.jpg

an now we finally know how he looses the Olch-Tie, I was curious about that :))
    the whole cinematography looks beautiful in that movie...have that feling that the inflitrating-safin-lair-scene is going to be a masterpiece of action-sequences

Where are these images taken from?
  • B.jpg

First thing I noticed...the TF jeans. They are definitely the slim tapered version TFD001. And not the straight fit.
  • NoiNoi Posts: 705MI6 Agent
    JB1106340 wrote:
    Where are these images taken from?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4aSE4FhbG4
  • JacobJacob DenmarkPosts: 294MI6 Agent
    I just received my N Peal sweater in medium. Significantly larger than I thought. Its measurements actually correspond entirely to the size large when looking at the size chart for the sweater......
    Upon further reflection — and thank you to people who reached out with opinions — I have decided to keep my N.Peal NTTD sweater.

One thing I did this morning was review some of the images we have of Craig wearing the thing. (There aren't many good ones!) In the poster the shoulder patches seem to match the sizing on an XL which I can't believe he wore. In any case, there's clearly the rippling of the shoulder patch fabric on the front of his left shoulder here:

daniel-craig-james-bond-no-time-to-die-1575391335.jpg

And you can see the ripples as well as a hint of ridge I spoke about on his right shoulder here:

NO-TIME-TO-DIE-Official-Game-Day-Spot-2020-0-4-screenshot.png

And as an aside, my sweater's details perfectly match the one on N.Peal's own model who must have been wearing a large:

960x0.jpg

So I got what was advertised, at least.

Based on what I have found so far, the XL looks to be the most screen accurate. And while mine is a large, I am not concerned about the difference between 10 and 14 ribs showing between the front shoulder patches. On the large the chest is broad enough that the sweater doesn't look like it's on backwards.

I definitely feel for those of you in the medium and small sizes. N.Peal needs to fix those shoulder patches. No question. Personally, I wouldn't buy one until they do.
  • TintinTintin Posts: 194MI6 Agent
    Cheverian wrote:
    Upon further reflection — and thank you to people who reached out with opinions — I have decided to keep my N.Peal NTTD sweater.

I think it's a good decision to keep the sweater. In the pictures it fits you perfectly and it suits you well. -{
    Tintin wrote:
    Cheverian wrote:

I think it's a good decision to keep the sweater. In the pictures it fits you perfectly and it suits you well. -{

Thank you! I'll shut up about it now so we can return to discussing the gazillion versions of the Barbour Graham.
  • Daniel Craig is 5'10. He didn't wear an XL. What people quickly forget is that his clothes are heavily, heavily tailored.

I think someone on here has a screen worn tf harrington jacket from QoS. The tag says 52 (L) but the measurements from armpit to armpit are only 21 inches, whereas an unaltered harrington in 52 is closer to 23 inches.

He's probably wearing a prototype of the sweater and for whatever reason, they chose to make the shoulder patches look better.

It sounds like N. Peal is going to fix this problem though, and take more time on the patches, fitting them to size. Might take a bit of time, but they have excellent customer service.
  • AugustWalkerAugustWalker Posts: 880MI6 Agent
    Don‘t know where we are with the Barbour discussion atm, but if I were to put my money down on one, I‘d say it‘s this version.

The amount of buttons seem right as do all the stichings and the fit.

287-A36-A1-302-D-4-F65-974-E-ADBA3-E487-EA5.jpg

45-F086-D2-75-C3-4521-A035-C1-B47-A7426-A7.jpg

A8-B83-AB2-8-FB0-4-C11-856-D-9-D8-D074-BBC1-A.jpg
    The name is Walker by the way.

IG: @thebondarchives
    Check it out, you won’t be disappointed :)
  • Fred007Fred007 Posts: 466MI6 Agent
    Tintin wrote:
    Cheverian wrote:

I second that -{

Last picture was even better :007)
  • I had the same thought at first, but have since changed my mind. The pictures have poor lighting, and are too blurry.
    The Sperry boat shoes also have shiny metal eyelets, but you can't see them either.
    You really can't see any buttons or zippers in those pics.

If I was going to guess, I would guess it's the Graham Barbour unlined. Mostly because it's already sold out,
    it came out before the "washed" version, and the timeline makes more sense of when the costume
    dept. would have been looking to purchase clothing to dress Craig. And unfortunately, that usually seems
    to be the luck of things when it's a seasonal item in an upcoming Bond film.
    edited February 2020
    I agree, at first I thought there must be a reflection, a shadow or something visible on the collar if its the unlined-version but I'm not sure, you can't even see the /sideback-pockets, or any other details.
    I have to say that the washed version doesn't look like if she is waxed, the jacket looks kind of mat and if Barbour confirms the Graham it would be total okay for me to own at least the washed-graham, I like the collar without a button on it more.

but we need Barbour to confirm/or not, a close up picture or better lightning
  • DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent
    B.jpg

First thing I noticed...the TF jeans. They are definitely the slim tapered version TFD001. And not the straight fit.
    Daniel Craig is 5'10. He didn't wear an XL. What people quickly forget is that his clothes are heavily, heavily tailored.

A bit of contradiction in your statements above. As you mentioned, DC's clothes are predominately tailored, so the jeans could very well be the Straight fit altered through the legs. The Slim fit are much more tapered at the ankle than these look. DC has some pretty massive thighs - I think he'd look like a sausage stuffed in the Slim fit. But then again, they could be a much larger sized Slim fit pair that have been taken in at the waist. Only the Costume department, direct TF rep who supplied the jeans to production, or a peek at a pair of the screen-used jeans will be able to confirm 100%. So using the term "definitely" is a bit of a slippery slope which many could deduce as "confirmed" when reading back through this massive thread.

It sounds like N. Peal is going to fix this problem though, and take more time on the patches, fitting them to size. Might take a bit of time, but they have excellent customer service.

I think we need to wait to hear from N. Peal about this. I think it's only been mentioned that N Peal is "aware" of the concern and feedback they've received regarding this sweater. I sent them some reference images comparing the film sweater with the one on their website, as I'm sure a number of us did. But nowhere have I heard or read that they are going to "fix" them - not yet anyway. I think it's best to not jump to conclusions until there is actual confirmation.

Kind regards,
    Craig
  • sunny01sunny01 Posts: 524MI6 Agent
    B.jpg

Sorry but I have to disagree. I would say I am pretty much exactly same size as Craig with muscular build and I even own a pair of his screen used GWDT rag & bone jeans and they were skin tight on me in fact they are almost too tight for comfort so I rarely if ever wear them. I tried on the TF slim fit jeans and they were ridiculous as they were so skinny they were like leggings and I could barely get them over my knees so there is no way he could have fitted into them. He is wearing either the straight fit or a tailored version. He has the luxury of having the clothes tailored to his body so they will obviously look better than anything we buy despite the fact he has a good physique. There are plenty of non famous people who like bond who are also in good shape!
  • SevenDSevenD Posts: 97MI6 Agent
    sunny01 wrote:
    B.jpg

Sorry but I have to disagree. I would say I am pretty much exactly same size as Craig with muscular build and I even own a pair of his screen used GWDT rag & bone jeans and they were skin tight on me in fact they are almost too tight for comfort so I rarely if ever wear them. I tried on the TF slim fit jeans and they were ridiculous as they were so skinny they were like leggings and I could barely get them over my knees so there is no way he could have fitted into them. He is wearing either the straight fit or a tailored version. He has the luxury of having the clothes tailored to his body so they will obviously look better than anything we buy despite the fact he has a good physique. There are plenty of non famous people who like bond who are also in good shape!
    I am taller than DC and slimmer. And I tried on the slim fit TF ones and I did not get them over my knees. No chance.
    If you look at that photo you can see there is a lot of cloth at the butt and knee area. I believe these are the straight fit ones.

649-ABACF-48-E7-42-D7-B656-EC1304-F97-B0-D.jpg
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    I think the Straight fit (perhaps tailored) is a Def... Confirmed to me by both TF Milan and London.
    Bond capsule TF is arriving in to stores soon, whilst they may stock both Id hope theyd only carry the correct fit in the capsule
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • FerinstalFerinstal North of Londinium...Posts: 310MI6 Agent

So my RandBone Daniels are due to arrive tomorrow and I promise to measure the inside leg very carefully and report accurately!

In the meantime, are we any closer to knowing if they are the ones in the NTTD picture?
    Yes. Considerably.
  • Cg23Cg23 Posts: 242MI6 Agent
    Obv not much to go on, but any Bond detectives have any scoop on the boots worn with the relaxed cords??
    edited February 2020
    Ferinstal wrote:
    So my RandBone Daniels are due to arrive tomorrow and I promise to measure the inside leg very carefully and report accurately!

In the meantime, are we any closer to knowing if they are the ones in the NTTD picture?

Nice, thank you! I'm curious about that and it would be great if you can tell if there is material inside to make them longer :-)

Boots.jpg
    cant even tell if these are boots or not but its looks like a massive footwear
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,771MI6 Agent
    Cg23 wrote:
    Obv not much to go on, but any Bond detectives have any scoop on the boots worn with the relaxed cords??

Are you talking about the boots worn by DC in the Matera scenes? If that's the case then they are Crosby Moc-Toe by Drake's.
    I know where you keep your gun!
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    MikeG77 wrote:
    Cg23 wrote:

Are you talking about the boots worn by DC in the Matera scenes? If that's the case then they are Crosby Moc-Toe by Drake's.

Think he means the black (maybe rnb Daniel cords) cords
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • CommandantCommandant Posts: 1,368MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    I think the Straight fit (perhaps tailored) is a Def... Confirmed to me by both TF Milan and London.
    Bond capsule TF is arriving in to stores soon, whilst they may stock both Id hope theyd only carry the correct fit in the capsule

I got the same information from the TF shop in London -{

Out of curiosity, are you going to order the MA coat?

Cheers
  • I can revise some things I said. I have no problem with that.

1. N. Peal has great customer service, I would not at all be surprised if they fix the patch issue. (not confirmed)

2. I still think they are the slim fit version of tf jeans. In a lot of pictures the pants are falling off of Craig's waist, meaning he sized up, which also means the legs, thigh-area are bigger. The reason the slims were skin tight on people here who tried them on is most likely because they went for their normal size instead of going for the slouchy, saggy, 1 or 2 sizes too-big look. Considering that the pants are falling off of Craig's butt, I would assume that this particular item was not tailored. Also I have tried on the straights and the slims, and the thigh area was the same, the knee down is where it changes. At least in my experience.
    Whether you're on team slim or team straight, until someone sees the tag on a screen worn pair, I guess no one knows.
    I think they are slim. (unconfirmed)

If you've seen Daniel Craig in real life. He's not that big of a guy. Well proportioned and in great shape. But he's not massive.