No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Comments

• CharlesRobinsonCharlesRobinson Posts: 53MI6 Agent
    Noi wrote:
    looks like a normal jacket to me (with 'normal' I mean not awful). It has a used look for sure but this would match with the rest of the outfit. TF Jeans are washed, the TB Shirt looks like it was washed several times too and the Sperrys he wear are far away from new, it would make sense to wear the washed-version except for the wax. Its a cool and relaxed outfit and the unlined/non-waxed version would propably look too noble combined with these, but who knows, the jacket is still a huge questionmark. I'm fan a of these used/sloppy-outfits, I also like the complete enjoying-death-outfit so I hope for the washed-version :>

You have a point. And I really like the Skyfall Barbour, and the Levi's Menlo. I'm just having a hard time liking this one. In some pictures it looks okay, but in others it looks like it has oil stains all over it. I think that bothers me the most.

In person though, it looks great, and only gets better with age. Great jacket. As a person who doesn't work in finance, and who doesn't appear in court very often, I"m more often than not dressed informally and thus also love these more laid back styles. That said, to me informally merely means not a full suit, am still often blazered up.
  • Fred007Fred007 Posts: 466MI6 Agent
    DBS wrote:
    Sadly, for me, the N Peal didn't work out. While they nailed the presentation of the sweater with the 007 branding, which lent itself to a very pleasant unboxing, the sweater itself was a big disappointment for me. The details are superb and the quality is fantastic, but as soon as I put it on, it felt wrong. The shoulders were bunching up in the front, and the front neckline was distorted (bowing upward toward my neck) and quite uncomfortable. Here's a pic to highlight the issue -

a846qXI.jpg

This is a size Small, and I typically wear a Medium/48IT with a 39" chest and 31" waist. I haven't seen anyone else comment on this issue, and I'm not sure if it's due to the shoulder patch material drifting so far into the neckline, but this sweater just didn't tick all the boxes for me. So sadly, it's on its' way back to N Peal.

Kind regards,
    Craig

Your sweater is right out of the box.....it needs to be worn to erase the folds on the shoulders ;)
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,732MI6 Agent
    shilton125 wrote:
    DBS wrote:
    Sadly, for me, the N Peal didn't work out. While they nailed the presentation of the sweater with the 007 branding, which lent itself to a very pleasant unboxing, the sweater itself was a big disappointment for me. The details are superb and the quality is fantastic, but as soon as I put it on, it felt wrong. The shoulders were bunching up in the front, and the front neckline was distorted (bowing upward toward my neck) and quite uncomfortable. Here's a pic to

This is a size Small, and I typically wear a Medium/48IT with a 39" chest and 31" waist. I haven't seen anyone else comment on this issue, and I'm not sure if it's due to the shoulder patch material drifting so far into the neckline, but this sweater just didn't tick all the boxes for me. So sadly, it's on its' way back to N Peal.

Kind regards,
    Craig

mate save yourself £300 and buy a real naval jumper and put a lace through the neck like we did. Npeal have got this horribly wrong

Yeah I do tend to think that if you want a woolly pully, buy a woolly pully.
  • Jflynn2112Jflynn2112 Posts: 68MI6 Agent
    Without sounding unkind I think a lot of the issues people are having with the Jumper's fit and look is that their body shape is nothing like DC's.

He carries a lot of muscle, especially around the chest and shoulders.
    The image of him wearing it has been heavily photoshopped too.

I think N.Peal have been put under (their own) pressure here to produce a product with the fit and feel of the SA one but I don't think it's actually possible.

In retrospect an 'inspired by' jumper with the same ribbing, some patches and a boat neck may have been just as good.
  • NoiNoi Posts: 705MI6 Agent
    edited February 2020
    In some pictures it looks okay, but in others it looks like it has oil stains all over it. I think that bothers me the most.

maybe I get you wrong but I think the Unlined/Unwaxed (on the left) looks much more shiny and oiled than the Washed-version but you're right: the washed graham has a vintage-look but I can't spot any oil stains, at least on this picture.

MCA0596-NY71-ss19-front-model-jpg.jpgWashed.jpg
    In person though, it looks great, and only gets better with age. Great jacket. As a person who doesn't work in finance, and who doesn't appear in court very often, I"m more often than not dressed informally and thus also love these more laid back styles. That said, to me informally merely means not a full suit, am still often blazered up.

Which Version do you own?

Regarding the sweater: N. Peal describes the sweater as unisex and the women I know have all narrow shoulders, to be fair they suggest to size down 2 sizes for a slim fit then. This sweater should also fit people who have not the time/or the interest to work out 6-7 times a week and count their calories. I have already seen pictures of persons with a non-musuclar body where the sweater had a great fit
  • genericguygenericguy Posts: 94MI6 Agent
    Alex006 wrote:
    Jflynn2112 wrote:

YES! Tesco security guard. Haha. :))

Oh god, now I can't unsee that...

Now all I can think of when I see this is Daniel Craig muttering, “I have to go, apparently there’s an unexpected item in the bagging area...”
    :))
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,332MI6 Agent
    This news about N Peal offering to fix the shoulder patches is promising but frustrating. Can't imagine the turnaround time on that is going to be quick. We'll have them in hand for summer 8-)
  • Patches aside...

I have 2 words for everyone who doesn't like the fit of the new sweater...

military press
    Is that a special iron that soldiers use? :)
  • emtiem wrote:
    Is that a special iron that soldiers use? :)

:))

Good one
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,760MI6 Agent
    Jflynn2112 wrote:
    Without sounding unkind I think a lot of the issues people are having with the Jumper's fit and look is that their body shape is nothing like DC's.

I think N.Peal have been put under (their own) pressure here to produce a product with the fit and feel of the SA one but I don't think it's actually possible.

In retrospect an 'inspired by' jumper with the same ribbing, some patches and a boat neck may have been just as good.

Exactly. Also, it’s not really a style that’s easy to incorporate into civilian life without feeling like one is wearing a costume. It would be similar to stepping out in Brosnan’s Goldeneye pre-title outfit. Actually, that might be easier given the popularity of field jackets!
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    Jflynn2112 wrote:

Exactly. Also, it’s not really a style that’s easy to incorporate into civilian life without feeling like one is wearing a costume. It would be similar to stepping out in Brosnan’s Goldeneye pre-title outfit. Actually, that might be easier given the popularity of field jackets!

The jumper is very costume-like for the British, but I suspect for most of the rest of the world the military connections aren't relevant.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent
    edited February 2020
    Jflynn2112 wrote:

Cheverian wrote:
    I don’t mean this in a snarky way, but do any of you guys lift? I took my regular size and it fits as it should.

military press

I know some of the comments, like those above, are not meant with malice, but they're sounding a bit like a broken record... and an excuse for poorly-designed/manufactured clothing. Implying that the only way these garments will fit is if one works out more to achieve DC's physique, or since we're not DC, it shouldn't fit us at all, is... absurd. OK, I will admit that the N. Peal is probably the ONE exception to the rule since it's the one piece from NTTD (that we know of so far) that WAS actually designed for DC for the film, and not an already-released piece of clothing that was tailored for him.

With that said, like many others here, I'm not trying to emulate DC by wearing this sweater. I literally ONLY want a sweater that actually fits properly - and by that, I mean fits the way the manufacturer intended. I've got a wardrobe full of off-the-rack clothes (sweaters included) that fit me perfectly. Go figure!!! Setting the images of DC aside, looking at the N. Peal website, I can see how this sweater was intended to fit. Looking at the pic I posted a few posts above, that isn't what N. Peal intended. I can only surmise that by the steps they took in manufacturing the sweater for the public (and yes, that means using a one-size-fits-all pattern for the patches), this has thrown-off the fit of the sweater for those sizes that are most impacted by this change(s).

I've always had great customer service from N. Peal, so it's no surprise that they're offering to "adjust" those issues for members here. I'm looking forward to seeing pics of those sweaters here in the coming weeks (hopefully). In the end, for me, I've got a number of go-to Bond sweaters in my wardrobe that I can't justify buying another one, not when it didn't tick all the boxes.

Kind regards,
    Craig
    Craig, from what I can see in your photo, your body type is perfectly normal, and it's one that shouldn't be difficult to fit. It's the sweater that's the issue on you, not the other way around. People should not need to have a Daniel Craig body to fit in clothes. I'm also a firm believe than just about anyone can look good in clothes no matter their body type, though some types will need custom clothes to look good.

And body shaming is not acceptable. Tell someone the clothes aren't right for them, not the other way around. To be fair, mesomorphs and endomorphs overall have an equally difficult time finding clothes that fit well. It's generally the skinny model-type man who has it easiest with getting clothes to fit.
    Jflynn2112 wrote:

Yeah I’d feel a bit like one of those guys who bangs on about being in the TA or something(!); I couldn’t really dress as a soldier.
  • FerinstalFerinstal North of Londinium...Posts: 310MI6 Agent
    Hello folks

So the Rag and Bones arrived.

The fit is much lower than normal - more on the hips than the waist in terms of the top of the pant. That means that even though the inside legs are shorter than I normally wear, they were (just!) long enough if I wore them with ‘boot-type’ footwear. If I’d worn them with normal shoes, they wouldn’t have reached the leather/eyelets. And there is very little on the hem to turn down.

I’m 6”2 and pretty much a 32”waist 33” leg. Sometimes get away with a 32”/32” if the cut is a bit generous in the leg.

Pics below - one shows the overlay of the Rag and Bone 33” waist on top of the SA Massimo Alba 32” Winch cords. The 32” Rag and Bone were slightly shorter .

I would also say that I wasn’t that impressed with the quality. The MA cord feels like velvet and are luxurious to pull on - the Sloop suit is the same. The cord on the RandB feels harder - which may be better in terms of ‘hard wearing’, but certainly didn’t feel like £245 trousers.

The legs are also very tapered to the ankle which is a cut I really don’t like - so mine will be going back...unless there is anybody on here who is looking for a 32” or 33” waist?

Hope that helps? And do we even know if they are SA yet? Clearly people do read AJB as they appear to be sold out in a lot of places.

48-AFFFB7-9090-4866-9-EA9-2-C71-F3-F2-CD19.jpg

52404-CBC-0837-43-F9-BA81-E3954-BBEA9-A9.jpg

9094-B577-68-CD-4-E40-8-E09-0239461-C9-E37.jpg
    Yes. Considerably.
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,093MI6 Agent
    Thanks for the update on the R&B cords.

Definitely too short for me. I'm 6'5", mostly legs.
  • DBS wrote:
    Jflynn2112 wrote:

Cheverian wrote:
    I don’t mean this in a snarky way, but do any of you guys lift? I took my regular size and it fits as it should.

military press

I know some of the comments, like those above, are not meant with malice, but they're sounding a bit like a broken record... and an excuse for poorly-designed/manufactured clothing. Implying that the only way these garments will fit is if one works out more to achieve DC's physique, or since we're not DC, it shouldn't fit us at all, is... absurd. OK, I will admit that the N. Peal is probably the ONE exception to the rule since it's the one piece from NTTD (that we know of so far) that WAS actually designed for DC for the film, and not an already-released piece of clothing that was tailored for him.

With that said, like many others here, I'm not trying to emulate DC by wearing this sweater. I literally ONLY want a sweater that actually fits properly - and by that, I mean fits the way the manufacturer intended. I've got a wardrobe full of off-the-rack clothes (sweaters included) that fit me perfectly. Go figure!!! Setting the images of DC aside, looking at the N. Peal website, I can see how this sweater was intended to fit. Looking at the pic I posted a few posts above, that isn't what N. Peal intended. I can only surmise that by the steps they took in manufacturing the sweater for the public (and yes, that means using a one-size-fits-all pattern for the patches), this has thrown-off the fit of the sweater for those sizes that are most impacted by this change(s).

I've always had great customer service from N. Peal, so it's no surprise that they're offering to "adjust" those issues for members here. I'm looking forward to seeing pics of those sweaters here in the coming weeks (hopefully). In the end, for me, I've got a number of go-to Bond sweaters in my wardrobe that I can't justify buying another one, not when it didn't tick all the boxes.

Kind regards,
    Craig

I gave it some thought and I think this is the main issue with the NTTD N. peal sweater...

N. Peal said they were having "issues" with the corduroy patches. I don't have one in hand, but based on pictures, I would go out on a limb and guess that the jumper is very stretchy but the patches are not, and the patches are sewn on without the sweater being stetched out at all, so the patches have little to no give. So when you put the sweater on, it stretches out and conforms to the wearer's body type with the exception of the patches which just bunch up since they restrict the material underneath and look awkward because they don't conform like the rest of the sweater.

Correct me if I'm wrong...
  • Cg23Cg23 Posts: 242MI6 Agent
    Ferinstal wrote:
    Hello folks

The fit is much lower than normal - more on the hips than the waist in terms of the top of the pant. That means that even though the inside legs are shorter than I normally wear, they were (just!) long enough if I wore them with ‘boot-type’ footwear. If I’d worn them with normal shoes, they wouldn’t have reached the leather/eyelets. And there is very little on the hem to turn down.

I’m 6”2 and pretty much a 32”waist 33” leg. Sometimes get away with a 32”/32” if the cut is a bit generous in the leg.

Pics below - one shows the overlay of the Rag and Bone 33” waist on top of the SA Massimo Alba 32” Winch cords. The 32” Rag and Bone were slightly shorter .

I would also say that I wasn’t that impressed with the quality. The MA cord feels like velvet and are luxurious to pull on - the Sloop suit is the same. The cord on the RandB feels harder - which may be better in terms of ‘hard wearing’, but certainly didn’t feel like £245 trousers.

The legs are also very tapered to the ankle which is a cut I really don’t like - so mine will be going back...unless there is anybody on here who is looking for a 32” or 33” waist?

Hope that helps? And do we even know if they are SA yet? Clearly people do read AJB as they appear to be sold out in a lot of places.

48-AFFFB7-9090-4866-9-EA9-2-C71-F3-F2-CD19.jpg

52404-CBC-0837-43-F9-BA81-E3954-BBEA9-A9.jpg

9094-B577-68-CD-4-E40-8-E09-0239461-C9-E37.jpg

Honestly Im always very intrigued with alternative fits throughout the movies. He could wear slim chinos, slim suit, but then wear something a little more loose in another scene. To me that always has a throwback feel to it which i love. He just always looks perfect with the diff cuts of things that most wouldn’t think of so its tricky for us regular ppl in the real world to pull them off but I think these look good. But its all about how you feel in them so if you aren’t comfortable in them then it’s definitely understandable, especially with the price. I woulda thought with these being the looser retroish look to them would have had a higher rise so thats very interesting to me.
  • Alex006Alex006 Posts: 156MI6 Agent
    Also helps your typical Bond collector. No matter what size and shape you are, there's bound to be something that works!
  • NoiNoi Posts: 705MI6 Agent
    Ferinstal wrote:
    Hello folks

Thank you, very helpful! I'm as tall as Westward_Drift so I will not pull the trigger and finding a black cord chinos alternative isn't that hard. I have to say that die Duster is enough corduroy for me, I don't need to add extra cord-pants to that outfit, maybe I replace them with a black chino or something similar.
    Like said before if you don't feel comfortable in them send them back but I think they look very good on you!
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,452MI6 Agent
    I may have missed this in the thread, but do we have decent images/reports of the navy Tom Ford suit Bond wears in London? What about the tie?

As sharp as Craig looks in the Prince of Wales check, it seems the navy suit might receive more screen time.
    Cheverian wrote:
    I may have missed this in the thread, but do we have decent images/reports of the navy Tom Ford suit Bond wears in London? What about the tie?

As sharp as Craig looks in the Prince of Wales check, it seems the navy suit might receive more screen time.

There have been some great images of the blue suit, which is also a Prince of Wales check. Entertainment had a great photo of it. The tie, however, still seems to be a mystery.
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    Cheverian wrote:

There have been some great images of the blue suit, which is also a Prince of Wales check. Entertainment had a great photo of it. The tie, however, still seems to be a mystery.
    The tie isn't Tom Ford?
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,155MI6 Agent
    Guys hopefully this will end the Npeal debate for those who need to wear a S or Xs ,or maybe not :))
    To be fair its all getting a bit tedious now so hopefully another item of clothing we come along and save us.
    Anyway this is my final response from Npeal and I'm happy about that.

Thank you for your email and your patience.

We have new information regarding the No Time To Die sweater.

Our design team are going to modify the patches for the smaller sizes according to the structure to the jumper. For this modify version they will increase the space between the patches making the jumper patches looking like the Daniel Craig is wearing poster. Please note that they are just going to modify the patches not the jumper fitting.

Unfortunately we don't have the specific date when the jumper is going to be in the stores. We know is going to be in March.

In the meantime you can return your jumper and as soon as we receive the new one we will exchange it for the modify version.

We hope this option is suitable for you.
    007 reporting for duty
    Matt S wrote:
    Cheverian wrote:

The tie isn't Tom Ford?

I didn't say that. We just don't have any good photos of it.
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    Definitely Tom Ford
    Tf Bond capsule due in to Tf stores soon
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,330MI6 Agent
    Well done, Chris, and N Peal for sorting this out. They are great folks, and really care about we fans.

Thanks to everyone involved for sorting this out.
    Guys hopefully this will end the Npeal debate for those who need to wear a S or Xs ,or maybe not :))
    To be fair its all getting a bit tedious now so hopefully another item of clothing we come along and save us.
    Anyway this is my final response from Npeal and I'm happy about that.

Thank you for your email and your patience.

We have new information regarding the No Time To Die sweater.

Our design team are going to modify the patches for the smaller sizes according to the structure to the jumper. For this modify version they will increase the space between the patches making the jumper patches looking like the Daniel Craig is wearing poster. Please note that they are just going to modify the patches not the jumper fitting.

Unfortunately we don't have the specific date when the jumper is going to be in the stores. We know is going to be in March.

In the meantime you can return your jumper and as soon as we receive the new one we will exchange it for the modify version.

We hope this option is suitable for you.
  • ichaiceichaice LondonPosts: 594MI6 Agent
    Can’t argue with that. They’ve owned the issue so well done to N Peal.
    Yes. Considerably!
  • Alex006Alex006 Posts: 156MI6 Agent
    Am in line for the modified version.

In my opinion, the fit is pretty good on these jumpers, and it definitely helps if you're on the slim to athletic side. Looking at the pictures from folks unhappy with the fit, I wonder if it's just a matter of being a size too small. I tried on both a small and a medium, and while the small was nice and trim in the torso, it just looked too structured in the shoulders. Sizing up does wonders in making the shoulders not look so severe.

Nevertheless, I can't wait to get the modified sweaters back.