No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Comments

• The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm wrote:
    asd007 wrote:
    Has anyone been able to determine whether Craig wears a cumberbund with the Atticus tuxedo?

Yes he does.

I always thought Benedict Cummerbund would make a great Bond villain. :D
  • frommeyerfrommeyer ChicagoPosts: 418MI6 Agent
    TSRGus wrote:
    For those folks who have the TF jeans, did anybody hem theirs and if so, what kind of hem did you go with. In the movie stills it looks as though Craig's jeans are stacking quite a bit but I am not sure they left his at the 34" inseam.... Pictures and thoughts welcomed...and thanks in advance...

I haven't altered them. While the jeans do stack in NTTD, they don't stack quite this much:

hYrRr2q.jpg

I have a 31 inch inseam and I'd probably want to take up 1.25" to get this:

cl114-barbour-x-engineered-garments-graham-jacket-james-bond-no-time-to-die-1.jpg

I'm being oddly precious about not wanting to tailor TF jeans. I'm not sure why. I've had plenty of TF suits tailored with no issue but, for some reason, I don't want to tamper with the jeans. Maybe it's because I've never had jeans altered before and I'm worried about the quality. Especially as I'm on the road for work and I don't know who to trust for alterations around here.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    TF will prob sort out the length for free if you can get to a store
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • TSRGusTSRGus Posts: 88MI6 Agent
    frommeyer wrote:
    TSRGus wrote:
    For those folks who have the TF jeans, did anybody hem theirs and if so, what kind of hem did you go with. In the movie stills it looks as though Craig's jeans are stacking quite a bit but I am not sure they left his at the 34" inseam.... Pictures and thoughts welcomed...and thanks in advance...

I haven't altered them. While the jeans do stack in NTTD, they don't stack quite this much:

hYrRr2q.jpg

I have a 31 inch inseam and I'd probably want to take up 1.25" to get this:

cl114-barbour-x-engineered-garments-graham-jacket-james-bond-no-time-to-die-1.jpg

I'm being oddly precious about not wanting to tailor TF jeans. I'm not sure why. I've had plenty of TF suits tailored with no issue but, for some reason, I don't want to tamper with the jeans. Maybe it's because I've never had jeans altered before and I'm worried about the quality. Especially as I'm on the road for work and I don't know who to trust for alterations around here.

Thanks for your reply and for the pics... whole ensemble looks dope.

I think you have enough height as to not really require the hemming... at least that's how it appears from the pics... but I do know the pain of wanting things to be JUST right...

I have hemmed a few pairs of jeans in the past and definitely it's not something to take lightly. the so called European hem is a crock... it's an abomination of tailoring because although it LOOKS okay, the bulk added to the hem is horrible and after any sort of washing, there is always either turning up puckering, or worse, a flared opening at the hem which then looks and feels ridiculous.

over the past few years, my denim of choice is Robert Schaeffer out of Los Angeles... essentially it's made to measure raw denim. done right, there is no better...

I suspect the best approach to hemming non-stretch cotton denim like the TF is to do a proper hem and then hand distress lightly... but I'm not totally certain that there aren't other "secrets".....
  • TheExit148TheExit148 Posts: 562MI6 Agent
    Hemming jeans "properly" requires the leg to be re-tapered, not just chopping the bottom and sewing.
    Honestly, I wouldn't hem them, I would just turn up the cuffs and show off that selvedge while you're at it. Not screen accurate but a better look IMO.
  • JTullock23JTullock23 ArizonaPosts: 552MI6 Agent
    For what it is worth, I have a couple pairs of the Mercer from QoS. I have had them hemmed with the original hem put back on them. A local tailor costs me about $15 to get them in roughly an hour. I can also take the to the 7FAM store here and they can do it for roughly the same cost, but it takes a few days to get them back. I still have one pair I need to get tailored. I go with Welshboy on this on. I am sure a TF store can sort it out. I am sure they can knock it out for you pretty quickly and to be the most screen accurate. If you only need an inch and a quarter then you may be fine with them not needing to be tapered.
    "History isn't kind to men who play God." - DC "I gave him the limp." - PB "Better make that two." - TD

"Keeping British end up, sir." - RM "This never happened to the other fellow." - JL "I must be dreaming." SC
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent
    JTullock23 wrote:
    For what it is worth, I have a couple pairs of the Mercer from QoS. I have had them hemmed with the original hem put back on them.

This is the move. My tailor re-attaches the original hem and it looks fantastic.

Overlong jeans are going to have the hems worn out too soon.
    You've got it. It isn't all that difficult for them to do it either so why not, right? It looks so good too.
    JTullock23 wrote:
    For what it is worth, I have a couple pairs of the Mercer from QoS. I have had them hemmed with the original hem put back on them.

This is the move. My tailor re-attaches the original hem and it looks fantastic.

"History isn't kind to men who play God." - DC "I gave him the limp." - PB "Better make that two." - TD

"Keeping British end up, sir." - RM "This never happened to the other fellow." - JL "I must be dreaming." SC
    Yeah I screwed up my many pairs of Mercers as I never got the hems sorted
    Like, they cut off the hem, shorten the inseam as needed, and then sew the hem back on? I'd love to see a before and after if anyone has one.
    frommeyer wrote:
    Like, they cut off the hem, shorten the inseam as needed, and then sew the hem back on? I'd love to see a before and after if anyone has one.

Yup thats what they do!!

Had my brunello chinos done this way by BC themselves and of course TF suit trousers come with the hems in a bag usually to put on if buying off the rack
    In lieu of photos, here is a video of it being done. I don't have photos of before and after of the same jean, but if you watch this video you will see the difference towards the end. Now, not all tailors will do it exactly like this video. I have had two different tailors do it two different ways, but in the end aesthetically they look the same the exterior of the jean. Hope this helps.
    frommeyer wrote:

• TSRGusTSRGus Posts: 88MI6 Agent
    I asked Luigi at TF international he said that while I could do an original hem, what TF does is simply "cut and double".

also, these jeans appear to have the same leg width measurement for at least 5 inches up from the hem... so I'm not sure that hemming would destroy the proportions....

and for you guys that have enjoyed the original hem methods out there, I'm glad it has worked for you. In my experience, the effect has been that, over time, they're a hula hoop effect created at the leg opening....
  • PeakeyPeakey Posts: 124MI6 Agent
    Gymkata wrote:
    JTullock23 wrote:

If you go to a tailor, this is typically called a 'euro hem'.

This is a fairly basic tailoring job as the video illustrates - https://youtu.be/emzco8sdLmQ

I understand maybe being reluctant given the cost of the TF jeans, but more expensive suit trousers get hemmed like this all the time.
  • bosoxfanbosoxfan Posts: 611MI6 Agent
    yep that is the trick and that is the way to have it done, just make sure the tailor understands that that is what you want and expect, it is no biggie for a decent tailor/seamstress.
    JTullock23 wrote:

This is wild. And really neat. I have six TF suits and I never got separate hems (probably because I never bought one directly from TF). What a fun thing to learn.
  • SevenDSevenD Posts: 97MI6 Agent
    The Tommy Bahama Shirt is back in stock on their website...
  • JD_007JD_007 Glasgow, UKPosts: 41MI6 Agent
    edited August 2020
    SevenD wrote:

Good to see. Shame it doesn't look like they've restocked it in XS. :(

Especially since people have mentioned that these shirts run very big despite what the TB size charts say.
  • bosoxfanbosoxfan Posts: 611MI6 Agent
    I actually found the short sleeve version to run slightly smaller than most of my other TB shirts, it seemed very true to size to me.
    JD_007 wrote:
    SevenD wrote:

Good to see. Shame it doesn't look like they've restocked it in XS. :(

Especially since people have mentioned that these shirts run very big despite what the TB size charts say.
  • goneontheroadgoneontheroad Posts: 168MI6 Agent
    Anyone have a link to the Tommy Bahama shirt? Want to make sure i get it right.
  • NoiNoi Posts: 705MI6 Agent
    Anyone have a link to the Tommy Bahama shirt? Want to make sure i get it right.

https://www.tommybahama.com/en/Catalina-Twill-Shirt/p/T316035-023

finally, thank you SevenD
  • Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
    For the love of god, I just bought a budget version last week, and now they release the real one!

Oh well orders in now at least I can compare the two :))

Cheers :007)
    My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!
  • JB1106340JB1106340 Posts: 434MI6 Agent
    Can anyone confirm if there ever was an XS size in the shirt? I can’t see XS in a lot of their other shirts either and just wondered if this was a misconception.
  • Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent
    Anyone know what the customs hit will be on a Tommy Bahama shirt to the UK please?
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
    Anyone know what the customs hit will be on a Tommy Bahama shirt to the UK please?
    If you order on line they use borderless, seems to mean you can choose to pay import fees up front. The difference was about £20 if I remember rightly so went from £107 all up to about £129 I think.

• sunny01sunny01 Posts: 524MI6 Agent
    Wow size S is already sold out....missed it again!
  • tardis1711tardis1711 Posts: 208MI6 Agent
    Bond44 wrote:
    If you order on line they use borderless, seems to mean you can choose to pay import fees up front. The difference was about £20 if I remember rightly so went from £107 all up to about £129 I think.

I bought one yesterday and was £128.70 to U.K. including import fees
  • Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent
    Cheers guys, I signed up and was waiting for a 10% off my first order email but that seems to have gone into the ether!
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
  • ichaiceichaice LondonPosts: 594MI6 Agent
    I had a look but closed the browser when I saw the price :(
    Yes. Considerably!
    Cheers guys, I signed up and was waiting for a 10% off my first order email but that seems to have gone into the ether!
    I had the same issue, waited an hour, nothing so placed my order anyway and ruddy email came in!

So got a code if you need one pm me