No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Comments

• Remmert007Remmert007 Posts: 232MI6 Agent
    emtiem wrote:
    These photos of a new (insanely beautiful) DB5 kids' car are fun because they have a model wearing Craig's Matera costume from NTTD! Including the watch as far as I can make out :)

https://www.jamesbondlifestyle.com/news/aston-martin-db5-junior-two-thirds-scale-electric-junior-car-iconic-db5

200827-Aston-Martin-DB5-Junior_Family-shot-13.jpg

Great spot, emtiem! I was so distracted by the cars that I didn't even see it. It does look like a blue Seamaster 300 or similar, not Aqua Terra, but still up to the mark.

seamaster.jpg
    BOND LIFESTYLE
    JamesBondLifestyle.com | Instagram | Facebook | Twitter

You only live once, live like Bond!
  • Remmert007Remmert007 Posts: 232MI6 Agent
    Slightly diverging from the Connolly subject... Here's another piece ID!
    This time is the pink blouse Moneypenny wears throughout the London scenes (MI6 and Q's apartment, apart from Prince Charles' visit at Pinewood). It's the Petar Petrov 'Blair' Tie-Front Silk Crepe De Chine Blouse.
    Originally available from the fall/winter 2018 collection the blouse retailed at 800€ (as always not a cheap item! :D) and it's now obviously sold out everywhere except at MyTheresa that offers a FR 38/IT 42 for 560€ (here's the link: https://www.mytheresa.com/en-it/petar-petrov-blair-silk-blouse-1119578.html)
    UPDATE: the last size is already not available anymore!

The blouse is described as "Petar Petrov's 'Blair' blouse is cut from a lightweight silk crepe de chine and has a slightly oversized fit with fluted full-length sleeves. The tie-fastening sash gives it an elegant feel — drape it as you would a scarf or wear it neatly knotted into a pussy bow."
    Petar-Petrov-Blair-Tie-Front-Silk-Crepe-De-Chine-Blouse.jpg
    large-petar-petrov-pink-blair-tie-front-silk-crepe-de-chine-blouse.jpg
    P00362581-d3.jpg

Note the particular fastening of the oversized cuff, a single black button
    Moneypenny-pink-blouse.png

Great work again, Mattia, another very difficult one to find and you did it again!
    BOND LIFESTYLE
    JamesBondLifestyle.com | Instagram | Facebook | Twitter

You only live once, live like Bond!
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    emtiem wrote:
    These photos of a new (insanely beautiful) DB5 kids' car are fun because they have a model wearing Craig's Matera costume from NTTD! Including the watch as far as I can make out :)

https://www.jamesbondlifestyle.com/news/aston-martin-db5-junior-two-thirds-scale-electric-junior-car-iconic-db5

Damn, that beauty is the price of a couple of regular size cars :o Buuuuuut could one buy one if they didn’t have any kids? Or if they wanted to feel like a kid again? It looks very cool!
  • Mattia De VartiMattia De Varti ItalyPosts: 488MI6 Agent
    Remmert007 wrote:
    This time is the pink blouse Moneypenny wears throughout the London scenes (MI6 and Q's apartment, apart from Prince Charles' visit at Pinewood). It's the Petar Petrov 'Blair' Tie-Front Silk Crepe De Chine Blouse.
    Originally available from the fall/winter 2018 collection the blouse retailed at 800€ (as always not a cheap item! :D) and it's now obviously sold out everywhere except at MyTheresa that offers a FR 38/IT 42 for 560€ (here's the link: https://www.mytheresa.com/en-it/petar-petrov-blair-silk-blouse-1119578.html)

The blouse is described as "Petar Petrov's 'Blair' blouse is cut from a lightweight silk crepe de chine and has a slightly oversized fit with fluted full-length sleeves. The tie-fastening sash gives it an elegant feel — drape it as you would a scarf or wear it neatly knotted into a pussy bow."
    P00362581-d3.jpg

Great work again, Mattia, another very difficult one to find and you did it again!

Thank you very much. Yes I must admit this time was a pretty difficult find! :))
  • bosoxfanbosoxfan Posts: 611MI6 Agent
    Side note, absolute best Moneypenny ever
    Remmert007 wrote:

P00362581-d3.jpg

Thank you very much. Yes I must admit this time was a pretty difficult find! :))
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,707MI6 Agent
    Remmert007 wrote:
    emtiem wrote:

Great spot, emtiem! I was so distracted by the cars that I didn't even see it. It does look like a blue Seamaster 300 or similar, not Aqua Terra, but still up to the mark.

seamaster.jpg

Ah yes so it is. It's a bit cheeky of them really considering there's no actual Bond tie-in to this product! :) I do wonder where they got the outfit from, though.
  • TSRGusTSRGus Posts: 88MI6 Agent
    Thanks everyone for feedback (and pics) with respect to denim hemming.

(As per some kindly advice from Mr Z.)... My tailor and I decided to hem with a chain stitch which requires a special sewing machine. A chain stitch machine tugs slightly on the fabric as it is pushed through for the stitching and this creates that ropey effect that we see on jean hems, typically.

We also very slightly tapered the leg to keep the proportions intact, as was suggested by TheExit148.
  • biesnacksbiesnacks Posts: 85MI6 Agent
    It's seeming that the unlined is extremely difficult to find, no?

the Graham unlined is the jacket that's in the film. I don't really care who believes me.
    I will refrain from saying I told you so when the film is released. :007)
  • FerinstalFerinstal North of Londinium...Posts: 310MI6 Agent
    I got an XL. Before washing, the sleeves (unbuttoned) ended at 1/3 of the length of my hands. After washing the sleeve length was perfect, cuffs ended right where they're supposed to. This shrinkage applied to the whole shirt not just sleeves.
    Cold washing only if I remember correctly.
    MikeG77 wrote:
    It shrinks quite a lot after one wash

What size did you buy and how much shrinkage occurred?

My Tommy Bahama’s shirt arrived in the UK this morning. It’s quite an unremarkable piece at first glance but does feel incredibly comfortable when you put it on.

Went for a M as that would be my normal size. I do get that it is a little larger in the body than other shirts I have but not as much as I was expecting given some of the posts - and I’m a slim/average build.

I am concerned about any shrinkage as the arms are just about right for me. Dry clean only methinks.
    Yes. Considerably.
  • Bond_AmbitionsBond_Ambitions Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 460MI6 Agent
    Yeah maybe a good idea. The shirt really is not the same after the first wash.
    Ferinstal wrote:
    I got an XL. Before washing, the sleeves (unbuttoned) ended at 1/3 of the length of my hands. After washing the sleeve length was perfect, cuffs ended right where they're supposed to. This shrinkage applied to the whole shirt not just sleeves.
    MikeG77 wrote:

What size did you buy and how much shrinkage occurred?

My Tommy Bahama’s shirt arrived in the UK this morning. It’s quite an unremarkable piece at first glance but does feel incredibly comfortable when you put it on.

Went for a M as that would be my normal size. I do get that it is a little larger in the body than other shirts I have but not as much as I was expecting given some of the posts - and I’m a slim/average build.

I am concerned about any shrinkage as the arms are just about right for me. Dry clean only methinks.
  • hcantrellhcantrell CharlottePosts: 170MI6 Agent
    Ferinstal wrote:

How does it feel/fit after the first wash? I haven't washed mine yet.
    "I don't think the dead care about vengeance."
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,451MI6 Agent
    hcantrell wrote:
    Ferinstal wrote:

I have had one for a while and would suggest babying it. Silk definitely shrinks when exposed to any kind of real heat. Handwash in cold water and hang it up to dry. The silk will stiffen and lose some its softness and luster even then. You can put a little white vinegar in with your soap to help with that (there are directions online). But I have found the most successful method of restoring the shirt after every wash is to use a hand steamer. It softens the silk back up nicely and gives the material some sheen. Everyone should own a hand steamer!
  • JTullock23JTullock23 ArizonaPosts: 552MI6 Agent
    I concur with these assessments. Cold hand wash without a doubt! I have the short and long sleeve options. I have found that this happens with both. I use a mild detergent, some time Woolite for delicates, and will dry clean it from time to time. I have the BEST iron of all time. It is amazing. I do recommend for anyone that chooses to iron it and not just steam it, that you first turn it inside out, then place a cloth or towel over it to doubly make sure there isn't any issues with the silk.

It is worth noting that my long sleeve version didn't shrink much if at all.
    Cheverian wrote:
    hcantrell wrote:

I have had one for a while and would suggest babying it. Silk definitely shrinks when exposed to any kind of real heat. Handwash in cold water and hang it up to dry. The silk will stiffen and lose some its softness and luster even then. You can put a little white vinegar in with your soap to help with that (there are directions online). But I have found the most successful method of restoring the shirt after every wash is to use a hand steamer. It softens the silk back up nicely and gives the material some sheen. Everyone should own a hand steamer!
    "History isn't kind to men who play God." - DC "I gave him the limp." - PB "Better make that two." - TD

"Keeping British end up, sir." - RM "This never happened to the other fellow." - JL "I must be dreaming." SC
  • CharlesRobinsonCharlesRobinson Posts: 53MI6 Agent
    bosoxfan wrote:
    Side note, absolute best Moneypenny ever

Agreed, she's brilliant in the role.
  • frommeyerfrommeyer ChicagoPosts: 418MI6 Agent
    Thanks for the shout-out Steve!
    Blair reviews the Connolly Giubbino jacket on his Bond Vivant Youtube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Krylv6UlBrU

Be sure to watch to the end for a comparison with the 2019 version.

I just watched this video, Blair. It was fantastic. I appreciate all the research you shared. And I have no idea what you do for a living but you could host an actual show.
    Ferinstal, I found that the collar shape changed slightly, the fabric lost some softness and was generally a bit stiffer, as Cheverian mentioned. The first time I washed it, I left it on a hanger to dry. I actually had an issue with the one of the interior fabric panels which are stitched behind the front of the shirt on both sides. (this is difficult to describe) One of the panels dried folding inwards, into the wearer's chest. The fold was quite stiff, when worn it created a tent-effect bulging down the length of the front of my body.

The solution I eventually found was the following: partially drying on a hanger, then tossing it in the dryer on a low heat cycle, removing before completely dry, laying flat buttoned up & unwrinkled until completely dry. This seemed to restore most of the softness & removed the annoying panel fold.
    Cheverian wrote:
    hcantrell wrote:

Don’t know if it can be good news but let’s try the detective game: I give the clues and a possible answer, you give the advice about it. Hopefully, if a new trailer comes out in a few days we’ll get some better shots or scenes that can prove it (finger crossed!).

It’s about the jumper – if I can call it that way – Nomi wears while visiting Blofeld in jail with Madeleine and after at M’s office. Given the images we have (https://hxkyx44ph6g3vhzqosgkpy30-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/B25_16063_RC3.jpg) I think we can state:
    - It has a turtleneck collar with a tie neck (similar to the Moneypenny’s one);
    - It has no sleeves (notice the way she keeps the blazer’s sleeves, revealing there’s no fabric beneath);
    - It’s slightly darker than the blazer itself, but not so much.

My conclusion is it could be the REJINA PYO 'Rebecca tie-neck jersey turtleneck top'. As you can see (https://www.net-a-porter.com/en-gb/shop/product/rejina-pyo/rebecca-tie-neck-jersey-turtleneck-top/1112301), it’s pretty sold out, a good thing when looking at a Bond’s movie piece of clothing. Surprisingly it had not a particularly high price!
    Nomi wears it with the ‘scarf’ (let’s call it this way) in the right side of her neck – instead of in the back like pictured here. The only problem is she wears it tucked, so no clues about the lower hem. Good clues are the particular shrinking over the left shoulder where the ‘scarf’goes backwards and the pointed shape of it.

I’ve already contacted Remmert at James Bond Lifestyle and we’re trying and find if it’s the piece used by the production. More news to come or at least a good alternative.
    1112301-bk-920.png
    1112301-fr-920.png
    1112301-in-920.png

B25-16063-RC3.jpg
  • tardis1711tardis1711 Posts: 208MI6 Agent
    May have been mentioned before but this isn’t a bad alternative to the rag and bone Henley... a lot cheaper

https://www.gap.co.uk/gap/slub-henley-t-shirt/000611744.html?dwvar_000611744_color=000611744000&dwvar_000611744_fit=regular&cgid=#q=Slub&lang=en_GB&start=5
  • NoiNoi Posts: 705MI6 Agent
    edited September 2020
    NTTD2.jpg
    Barbour x Engineered Garments Graham Unlined/Unwashed Jacket confirmed
    NTTD1.jpg
    Connolly?
    Ef-Fc-EIl-Uc-AAj-RN.jpg
    probably the same shirt altough the collar looks different
    edited September 2020
    You beat me to it Noi.

It certainly looks like a Connolly shirt
    2020-09-03.png
    Connolly_England_2CSHT08038OffWhite-2163_1800x1800.jpg?v=1594227864
    https://www.connollyengland.com/collections/shirts-tops/products/plain-linen-shirt-off-white (NOT THIS EXACT SHIRT, ONE LIKE IT)
    edited September 2020
    ye but bond wears some kind of Polo with the typically connolly-collar

great trailer!
    I thought I remembered someone contacting Connolly and reporting that the Finamore shirt they supplied production would be rereleased as part of their fall line. I’d be careful about anyone jumping the gun ordering a shirt, given Connolly’s lousy track record.
    What polo are you talking about?
    Noi wrote:

great trailer btw
    edited September 2020
    What polo are you talking about?
    Noi wrote:

great trailer btw

maybe I see that wrong, but it looks like this shirt has no full buttons closure, only two maybe three buttons, would say the closure stops here (red line):

NTTD1.jpg
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    It's not really my thing, but I wonder if Barbour will pull a To Ki To/Commander with the Graham and re-release it? Especially now that it's confirmed.
    I contacted Connolly and they assured they'll send me a mail as soon as the shirt is available (presumably Autumn collection). So just wait and when I receive something I'll post in the thread.
    You could be right! although that fabric looks distinctly linen. A linen polo with a cutaway collar would be a very strange polo.
    Noi wrote:

maybe I see that wrong, but it looks like this shirt has no full buttons closure, only two maybe three buttons, would say the closure stops here (red line):

NTTD1.jpg
    I believe they would. Or a version like it, if legal circumstances with X garments don't permit a direct reproduction.
    JTM wrote:
    It's not really my thing, but I wonder if Barbour will pull a To Ki To/Commander with the Graham and re-release it? Especially now that it's confirmed.
  • 007Downunder007Downunder Hobart, Australia Posts: 373MI6 Agent
    I believe they would. Or a version like it, if legal circumstances with X garments don't permit a direct reproduction.
    JTM wrote:
    I was hoping for the same thing I’d definitely get one
    Anthony
    JTM wrote:

I would bet on it. Barbour has been one of the few brands that really gets the power of the Bond connection.