No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Comments

• apple8apple8 London,UKPosts: 140MI6 Agent
    Cheverian wrote:
    MrE wrote:
    Stormmauer wrote:
    Does anyone know how the ‘Slim’ TF jeans fit? I have ordered a 34W pair from Mr Porter (usually wear 34W Levi’s and 50 Massimo Alba), so just looking to confirm that that size will be alright from the experience on the board?

They have 36 W in stock so I can always go up if they’re too ‘slim’

Ironically, I have a pair of TF "straight" fit jeans in the same size as a pair of TF "slim" fit, and the slim fit actually fit larger. When you are dealing with selvedge denim and hand-made goods (to some extend) there are always variations. If you are a size 50 though...the size 36 will most likely be too big, you might even be a size 33 to be honest. The waist will stretch in time, especially if they are 100% cotton.

Mr. Porter has a size guide that's different from most and provides an excellent service. On the page for those jeans you'll see it. Click the guide and it will show you the actual measurements of the jeans taken by someone who works for Mr. Porter. I've found the measurements on their items to be pretty true. The feature is much more helpful than standardized size guides that don't reflect differences between individual clothing items.

I’ve always found I need to research elsewhere before believing the Mr Porter size guide - I think it’s a great idea but found it to be shockingly wrong in a lot of cases,
    2 quick examples:
    I wear Common Project trainers - it’s widely know to size down - Mr Porter says true to size and even to go up 1 size if you take half sizes.
    I always size up on OB tops and my Moonraker Sweater is a full inch smaller on the chest than Mr Porter state.
    Sometimes it is spot on but I’d recommend checking elsewhere first if your unsure of what size to order
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,516MI6 Agent
    Stormmauer wrote:
    Cheverian wrote:
    MrE wrote:

Ironically, I have a pair of TF "straight" fit jeans in the same size as a pair of TF "slim" fit, and the slim fit actually fit larger. When you are dealing with selvedge denim and hand-made goods (to some extend) there are always variations. If you are a size 50 though...the size 36 will most likely be too big, you might even be a size 33 to be honest. The waist will stretch in time, especially if they are 100% cotton.

Mr. Porter has a size guide that's different from most and provides an excellent service. On the page for those jeans you'll see it. Click the guide and it will show you the actual measurements of the jeans taken by someone who works for Mr. Porter. I've found the measurements on their items to be pretty true. The feature is much more helpful than standardized size guides that don't reflect differences between individual clothing items.

Thankyou both! They’ve dispatched the 34W but plenty of the 36W in stock, so if they’re too small I’ll just trade up at the now lower sale price.

I looked at that size guide but also went off the one underneath where the make the U.K. and other country sizes. I’m pretty bang on a 34W if not a tad smaller but the next size down is too small/tight.

I took my std size on the slim fit and were perfect
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,516MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    I received instant reply back regarding Connolly shirt on Thursday

I also need to chase up buttons.

PS - Isnt the hanger some generic plain plastic crap? I only received garment bag

Ivan replied immediately to my email

I've ended up with 2 bags as bought one also

So if anyone needs one let me know. Think I paid a tenner...

Re hanger, same here P, underwhelming, binned
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • Royale-les-EauxRoyale-les-Eaux LondonPosts: 820MI6 Agent
    MikeG77 wrote:
    VegasBond wrote:
    I emailed Stephanie and Ivan at Connolly on Monday about the Guibbino buttons, garment bag and hanger. Still no response.

Same here...

Not making excuses for Connolly's piss poor communication but isn't London currently under another lockdown?

We are. We are not supposed to leave the house except once a day for exercise or to purchase food etc. All non essential shops are closed. I believe S may also be in Scotland which has been in stricter lockdown longer. There are also non essential travel bans.
  • Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:
    I received instant reply back regarding Connolly shirt on Thursday

I also need to chase up buttons.

PS - Isnt the hanger some generic plain plastic crap? I only received garment bag

Ivan replied immediately to my email

I've ended up with 2 bags as bought one also

So if anyone needs one let me know. Think I paid a tenner...

Re hanger, same here P, underwhelming, binned

PM sent re garment bag, thanks
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,450MI6 Agent
    apple8 wrote:
    I’ve always found I need to research elsewhere before believing the Mr Porter size guide - I think it’s a great idea but found it to be shockingly wrong in a lot of cases,
    2 quick examples:
    I wear Common Project trainers - it’s widely know to size down - Mr Porter says true to size and even to go up 1 size if you take half sizes.
    I always size up on OB tops and my Moonraker Sweater is a full inch smaller on the chest than Mr Porter state.
    Sometimes it is spot on but I’d recommend checking elsewhere first if your unsure of what size to order

I don’t disagree with this. Always best to do as much research as you can! It’s a shame that so few retailers post measured size guides for their items of clothing, especially when it costs them money on returns.
  • ewdennisewdennis Posts: 24MI6 Agent
    2 quick examples:

I can attest to this too, having bought a coat and a jacket using their size guide, and having to return them both twice over to get the correct sizes. 8-) Unfortunately the coat, by that time, was out of stock so ended up going to the company's store and getting one two sizes smaller than what Mr Porters size guide stated, and a size smaller than what the model was supposedly wearing.
  • StormmauerStormmauer Posts: 121MI6 Agent
    edited January 2021
    If anyone is interested... those 34W NTTD jeans fit perfectly. They're a bit long on the leg however, which is odd as I'm usually bang on a 'regular' height/ trouser leg. Ill probably get them taken up.

J
    Stormmauer wrote:
    If anyone is interested... those 36W NTTD jeans fit perfectly. They're a bit long on the leg however, which is odd as I'm usually bang on a 'regular' height/ trouser leg. Ill probably get them taken up.

J

I thought you were going with the 34!
    Cheverian wrote:
    Stormmauer wrote:
    If anyone is interested... those 36W NTTD jeans fit perfectly. They're a bit long on the leg however, which is odd as I'm usually bang on a 'regular' height/ trouser leg. Ill probably get them taken up.

J

I thought you were going with the 34!

Sorry! Typo!! 34W jeans,
    If anyone else owns the NTTD Tom Ford Jeans, I’ve noticed on mine that the back pockets look as if they have ripped in the corners. These are brand new from Mr Porter, and I took the labels off and were folding them away when I noticed in the light that the back pocket corners looked ripped and stitched together with some grey thread quite badly.

Is this normal? Or have I been swindled. I’d have expected better from a £400 pair of jeans.

I’m a bit concerned that as I took the labels off, I can’t return them now.

53-F19-CE3-CFEE-4-F1-B-B612-2525-EFF72278.jpg

76010-CCD-061-D-4-C7-F-ACB1-25257-D5362-F5.jpg

EDC79440-1327-4-C13-875-C-242-DBF10475-B.jpg
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,771MI6 Agent
    Stormmauer wrote:
    If anyone else owns the NTTD Tom Ford Jeans, I’ve noticed on mine that the back pockets look as if they have ripped in the corners. These are brand new from Mr Porter, and I took the labels off and were folding them away when I noticed in the light that the back pocket corners looked ripped and stitched together with some grey thread quite badly.

Is this normal? Or have I been swindled. I’d have expected better from a £400 pair of jeans.

Where did you buy them from?
    I know where you keep your gun!
    Stormmauer wrote:

Frommeyer had a similar problem with a Massimo Alba Sloop suit he just bought from Mr. Porter. Of course the problem is that there are no 34s left to exchange even if you convince them to let you send them back. Your call but it’s a lot of money for jeans not marked as factory seconds. What’s happened to Mr. Porter?
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    I used to spend a fortune with Mr Porter until recently. So much so they enrolled me on the EIP programme were you get things at discount, sales pieces a week or two early, and stock choice a week or two in advance. But this last 18 months has been terrible. Half of the stuff, if not more, I’ve had to send back. It had either been worn, was damaged or the wrong item. Literally every time I ordered. It was insane. To the level that I half joked with my personal shopper contact that the warehouse must have it in for me. I’ve lost all confidence as I’m getting reports of the same with other people too. Really disappointed the way they are going. They were a top notch company.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Bastards no longer send to the Falklands in pounds ex vat. Instead im redirected to the USA site and expected to pay in dollars which means the cost is nuts in comparison. They have lost a lot of business from me due to this and I was a regular customer spending a lot.

I complained and urged them to revert back to GBP Pounds but got the same crap responses and went around in circles
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Bastards no longer send to the Falklands in pounds ex vat. Instead im redirected to the USA site and expected to pay in dollars which means the cost is nuts in comparison. They have lost a lot of business from me due to this and I was a regular customer spending a lot.

I complained and urged them to revert back to GBP Pounds but got the same crap responses and went around in circles

That’s a bit ridiculous...it’s a British territory with a UK postcode but you can’t use the UK site?? :s
    Asp9mm wrote:
    I used to spend a fortune with Mr Porter until recently. So much so they enrolled me on the EIP programme were you get things at discount, sales pieces a week or two early, and stock choice a week or two in advance. But this last 18 months has been terrible. Half of the stuff, if not more, I’ve had to send back. It had either been worn, was damaged or the wrong item. Literally every time I ordered. It was insane. To the level that I half joked with my personal shopper contact that the warehouse must have it in for me. I’ve lost all confidence as I’m getting reports of the same with other people too. Really disappointed the way they are going. They were a top notch company.

I had an issue with them back in 2017 when i decided to purchase a Spectre Solden jacket as it was on sale for 30% off. Based on the sizing chart on the website I needed a 56 which I ordered and when I got it I knew it was instantly too big :# So I figured that I would size down to a 54 and that was a little to big in the shoulders and still too big in the chest. Ultimately i ended up selling it a few years ago on eBay as I couldn't get it too fit properly and I was lucky enough to get one from Mark here on the forum then sold it back and then bought it back :)) There are things i wanted to order during Mr. Porter's sale this year but don't trust their sizing charts and there customers service has gone down the last few years :#
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    MikeG77 wrote:
    Asp9mm wrote:

I had an issue with them back in 2017 when i decided to purchase a Spectre Solden jacket as it was on sale for 30% off. Based on the sizing chart on the website I needed a 56 which I ordered and when I got it I knew it was instantly too big :# So I figured that I would size down to a 54 and that was a little to big in the shoulders and still too big in the chest. Ultimately i ended up selling it a few years ago on eBay as I couldn't get it too fit properly and I was lucky enough to get one from Mark here on the forum then sold it back and then bought it back :)) There are things i wanted to order during Mr. Porter's sale this year but don't trust their sizing charts and there customers service has gone down the last few years :#

Mike, now I don't feel so bad about being on my 4th Spectre JV suede jacket. You and Mark were keeping customs funded by sending his Solden back and forth. :))

Regarding Mr Porter, wasn't there a time when customer returns never made it back into stock?
    MikeG77 wrote:
    Asp9mm wrote:

Mike, now I don't feel so bad about being on my 4th Spectre JV suede jacket. You and Mark were keeping customs funded by sending his Solden back and forth. :))

Regarding Mr Porter, wasn't there a time when customer returns never made it back into stock?

Here is the kicker regarding the sizing i actually reached out to Mr Porter and explained to them that not only was the size chart on the site wrong but the mobile app had different information regarding sizing! I paid a pretty penny to buy Mark's and could have gotten it for a lot less off of eBay but it was a huge risk for me and Selfridges took 2 months to get back to me regarding sizing and availability :# Customs probably thought that we have some sort of money laundering operation going on :)) I'm not sure but i assume if an item comes back with tags that they send it back to the warehouse but maybe things are different now because of COVID.
    edited January 2021
    Cheverian wrote:

Frommeyer had a similar problem with a Massimo Alba Sloop suit he just bought from Mr. Porter. Of course the problem is that there are no 34s left to exchange even if you convince them to let you send them back. Your call but it’s a lot of money for jeans not marked as factory seconds. What’s happened to Mr. Porter?

I’m hoping Mr Porter will take them back and at least I’d get my £400 back. If I don’t get a replacement pair then that’s alright at this stage, as I probably wouldn’t wear these with such badly ripped pockets.

My theory is that these were a return. They were sold out on 34s for so long and then randomly got one pair back in. It looks as if someone ripped them, sewed them back up and returned them. I can’t imagine TF sewing them that badly.
    edited January 2021
    Stormmauer wrote:
    Cheverian wrote:

I’m hoping Mr Porter will take them back and at least I’d get my £400 back. If I don’t get a replacement pair then that’s alright at this stage, as I probably wouldn’t wear these with such badly ripped pockets.

My theory is that these were a return. They were sold out on 34s for so long and then randomly got one pair back in. It looks as if someone ripped them, sewed them back up and returned them. I can’t imagine TF sewing them that badly.

If you’re stuck with them, I’d recommend taking them to a tailor. You might be surprised at what he can do.
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    Mr Porter will take those back. They don’t have much choice, it’s disgraceful.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
    Someone has emailed me saying that his also have the same wear and it’s part of the distressing. I wouldn’t mind that but it just seems odd as all the images I can find online show it to be not distressed in these areas.

I’d prefer not to lose them, but also not to lose out on a nice pair of jeans
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Positive mine not like that but mine are from original season.

Will have to check when home
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • OMEGA BOND WATCHESOMEGA BOND WATCHES Las Vegas, NVPosts: 210MI6 Agent
    Here are photos of my first release pair for reference.
    image.jpg

image.jpg
    History isn’t kind to men who play God.
    @OmegaBondWatches

***Vegas Bond is now OMEGA BOND WATCHES***
    VegasBond wrote:
    Here are photos of my first release pair for reference.
    image.jpg

image.jpg

These are what I would have expected the jeans to look like. It was David Zaritsky who emailed and his jeans seem to have the same wear (again from the original run of the jeans). Is this just a Tom Ford thing?

J
  • Royale-les-EauxRoyale-les-Eaux LondonPosts: 820MI6 Agent
    edited January 2021
    Managed to grab an original run pair and went back in for another newer run/code pair on the Mr P sale, as wanted one size up, which I believe you used Stormmauer.

For comparison original on top, new on bottom. On Mr P sale ones both pockets have slight distressing/start of fraying at at least one corner - I hadn't actually noticed but checked when reading this -but not in same league as your pair. On other pair - sourced for me by TF - there's nothing.

TF1.jpg

TF2.jpg
    It’s slightly odd - I don’t mind if it’s meant to be there but the fact that it’s so random and in mine I can visibily see the stitching on the back pockets, makes me wonder! I might email Tom Ford

J
  • Stormmauer wrote:
    It’s slightly odd - I don’t mind if it’s meant to be there but the fact that it’s so random and in mine I can visibily see the stitching on the back pockets, makes me wonder! I might email Tom Ford

J

It's not that it's "meant to be there" exactly, you just have to keep in mind that you bought a pre-distressed item.
    It goes through an aging process. Those are high wear areas, some articles of clothing will get more damaged
    through the aging process than others. Massimo Alba's baby corduroy items have this same issue sometimes.
    (especially around the pockets)

If the wear is really bad, you don't want it to get worse, so if you are keeping them, I would suggest finding a good tailor who
    can reinforce those weak areas.

Long story short, it's all part of buying a pre-distressed item. Often times companies will attach a disclaimer tag that says
    something to the effect of "each garment goes through an aging process therefore color, size and details may vary and
    are not eligible for return."
  • KMHPaladinKMHPaladin Posts: 49MI6 Agent
    Stormmauer wrote:

I don't own those specific jeans, but if they look/seem new it's probably excessive aging. I had a pair of PRPS linen-cotton blend jeans that I loved (still comfortable in hotter weather). Owned for at least five years and was never fussy about washing them but would usually hang-dry.

After maybe five years I noticed similar wear around the corners of the rear pockets, in the seams around the seat etc. which just seemed like signs of aging. I took them to a tailor and she stitched patches into the inside around the worn/thinning areas and it worked for almost another year until I happened to be wearing them and needed to squat down to lift a bulky package and that was all she wrote. :))

Long story short, you can definitely have that sort of worn/thinning spot reinforced by a tailor and if everything else is fine and you can't return, I'd definitely recommend doing so.