No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Comments

• LuciusNightmareLuciusNightmare Posts: 249MI6 Agent
    edited January 2021
    Brunello Cucinelli do such old man clothes. I miss the days when Daniel Craig used to dress cool....

Flashbacks+Premieres+in+UK+S_zvvuqOHnGx.jpg
    danielcraiglayercakeleatherjacket.jpg
    plx-23584-0077.jpg
    49d291fe5e0e2ab5c8f7263a27be5438.jpg
  • BodieBodie Posts: 211MI6 Agent
    Cheverian wrote:

Screw what other people think...it is a lot of fun to wear especially on windy walks...and besides, there's at least a year to go before anyone has seen the film! :D :#

plus as long as the pandemic holds no one can come within 2m of you to ask if you'd enter their cosplay competition!

Instead of the RAIN duster I ended up going with this canvas blazer from Massimo Alba (via Yoox). The color looks very close!

Alas, it will probably not flap in the wind. :))

49245028gu-14-e.jpg

:))

I like it, especially the breast pocket. Has a real dressed-up q-branch feel (that's good).
    Looks better than the duster and something that you could actually wear walking down the street.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
  • sw17sw17 Posts: 32MI6 Agent
    10796-AAA-7700-457-C-B7-BF-A9-E11-D7-E3-CAE.png

My favorite history text! I love Tony Judt: to think my professional life is now in fact part of Bond!
  • Mattia De VartiMattia De Varti ItalyPosts: 488MI6 Agent
    Maybe out of context, but the camera on the table really resembles the Leika Q2 (a special edition was made for the movie)

51-Vz-Ums-HH3-L-AC-SX466-1.jpg

Lhot-Rfwi-MRsm-JH3dr-Dr5v8-1200-80.jpg
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    10796-AAA-7700-457-C-B7-BF-A9-E11-D7-E3-CAE.png
    Interesting that the tall bottle looks exactly like a High West whisky bottle with a similar-ish label but its not one of theirs.
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    Time for someone to identify the lamp, dresser, and bowl.
  • frommeyerfrommeyer ChicagoPosts: 418MI6 Agent
    Judt's Postwar is a fantastic book. When I was an IR grad student I advocated for its inclusion on the reading list for a class I TA'd.
    If you're interested: the red-covered one is 'A Brilliant darkness' by João Magueijo about Italian physicist Ettore Majorana, his life and work, included the disappereance in 1938.
    The other one is 'Time's Arrow' by Martin Amis, the history of a Nazi criminal narrated backward from his death to his birth
  • JB1106340JB1106340 Posts: 434MI6 Agent
    'Time's Arrow' by Martin Amis is a novel which features a Nazi doctor working backwards through his chronology. The plot is narrated backwards leading to a brilliantly disorienting reading experience. The thematic link could be to do with facing up to your past and sins (not that Bond is a Nazi of course) and the idea of cyclical life patterns. Phenomenal book for anyone who hasn't had the chance to read it.
  • JB1106340JB1106340 Posts: 434MI6 Agent
    If you're interested: the red-covered one is 'A Brilliant darkness' by João Magueijo about Italian physicist Ettore Majorana, his life and work, included the disappereance in 1938.
    The other one is 'Time's Arrow' by Martin Amis, the history of a Nazi criminal narrated backward from his death to his birth

Simultaneous post there!
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    The Blackwell's rum is a great nod to Fleming.
    JB1106340 wrote:

Simultaneous post there!
    :))
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Martin Amis has a few connections to Bond. His father was Kingsley Amis, who wrote Colonel Sun, and Daniel Craig bought Martin Amis' house in Brooklyn. I wonder if either of those were the reason for its inclusion, or if those are just nice coincidences.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    49d291fe5e0e2ab5c8f7263a27be5438.jpg
    Straight up stud in this shot. Even the guy in the back is mirin'.
  • Royale-les-EauxRoyale-les-Eaux LondonPosts: 820MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    Martin Amis has a few connections to Bond. His father was Kingsley Amis, who wrote Colonel Sun, and Daniel Craig bought Martin Amis' house in Brooklyn. I wonder if either of those were the reason for its inclusion, or if those are just nice coincidences.

If it's been selected by Stephen Foster again that would be no coincidence. He's good on details like that...

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:qC0VLMdIl_0J:https://www.standard.co.uk/lifestyle/london-life/licence-to-fill-shelves-london-bookseller-who-helps-make-james-bond-appear-wellread-a2953686.html+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk&client=safari
  • StormmauerStormmauer Posts: 121MI6 Agent
    Does anyone know how the ‘Slim’ TF jeans fit? I have ordered a 34W pair from Mr Porter (usually wear 34W Levi’s and 50 Massimo Alba), so just looking to confirm that that size will be alright from the experience on the board?

They have 36 W in stock so I can always go up if they’re too ‘slim’
  • Stormmauer wrote:
    Does anyone know how the ‘Slim’ TF jeans fit? I have ordered a 34W pair from Mr Porter (usually wear 34W Levi’s and 50 Massimo Alba), so just looking to confirm that that size will be alright from the experience on the board?

Ironically, I have a pair of TF "straight" fit jeans in the same size as a pair of TF "slim" fit, and the slim fit actually fit larger. When you are dealing with selvedge denim and hand-made goods (to some extend) there are always variations. If you are a size 50 though...the size 36 will most likely be too big, you might even be a size 33 to be honest. The waist will stretch in time, especially if they are 100% cotton.
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,450MI6 Agent
    MrE wrote:
    Stormmauer wrote:

Ironically, I have a pair of TF "straight" fit jeans in the same size as a pair of TF "slim" fit, and the slim fit actually fit larger. When you are dealing with selvedge denim and hand-made goods (to some extend) there are always variations. If you are a size 50 though...the size 36 will most likely be too big, you might even be a size 33 to be honest. The waist will stretch in time, especially if they are 100% cotton.

Mr. Porter has a size guide that's different from most and provides an excellent service. On the page for those jeans you'll see it. Click the guide and it will show you the actual measurements of the jeans taken by someone who works for Mr. Porter. I've found the measurements on their items to be pretty true. The feature is much more helpful than standardized size guides that don't reflect differences between individual clothing items.
  • StormmauerStormmauer Posts: 121MI6 Agent
    Cheverian wrote:
    MrE wrote:
    Stormmauer wrote:

Mr. Porter has a size guide that's different from most and provides an excellent service. On the page for those jeans you'll see it. Click the guide and it will show you the actual measurements of the jeans taken by someone who works for Mr. Porter. I've found the measurements on their items to be pretty true. The feature is much more helpful than standardized size guides that don't reflect differences between individual clothing items.

Thankyou both! They’ve dispatched the 34W but plenty of the 36W in stock, so if they’re too small I’ll just trade up at the now lower sale price.

I looked at that size guide but also went off the one underneath where the make the U.K. and other country sizes. I’m pretty bang on a 34W if not a tad smaller but the next size down is too small/tight.
  • CommandantCommandant Posts: 1,368MI6 Agent
    MrE is right. These cotton jeans stretch a lot over time...
    I emailed Stephanie and Ivan at Connolly on Monday about the Guibbino buttons, garment bag and hanger. Still no response.
  • OMEGA BOND WATCHESOMEGA BOND WATCHES Las Vegas, NVPosts: 210MI6 Agent
    I emailed Stephanie and Ivan at Connolly on Monday about the Guibbino buttons, garment bag and hanger. Still no response.

Same here...
    History isn’t kind to men who play God.
    @OmegaBondWatches

***Vegas Bond is now OMEGA BOND WATCHES***
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,771MI6 Agent
    VegasBond wrote:

Same here...

Not making excuses for Connolly's piss poor communication but isn't London currently under another lockdown?
    I know where you keep your gun!
    MikeG77 wrote:
    VegasBond wrote:

Same here...

Not making excuses for Connolly's piss poor communication but isn't London currently under another lockdown?

Mail order remains operational I believe, plus I would think company higher ups can email from home.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    I received instant reply back regarding Connolly shirt on Thursday

I also need to chase up buttons.

PS - Isnt the hanger some generic plain plastic crap? I only received garment bag
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • BlueBludBlueBlud Posts: 254MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:

PS - Isnt the hanger some generic plain plastic crap? I only received garment bag

Yes the hanger is a generic plain black plastic hanger. I didn’t even keep mine
    BlueBlud wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:

Yes the hanger is a generic plain black plastic hanger. I didn’t even keep mine

I commented about this months ago but regardless whether it's a generic hanger or not isn't even relevant. We were supposed to all get a garment bag, hanger and spare buttons but unfortunately that was not the case. Speaking of hangers I was thinking of buying a few Tom Ford hangers off of eBay but I'm curious if anyone can recommend a company that makes good wooden hangers instead as the Tom Ford ones are pricey!
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    So how many people got the correct buttons sent out to them?
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    welshboy78 wrote:
    So how many people got the correct buttons sent out to them?

I finally got stuff sent to me in early September BUT the shipment never got to me because they never provided a commercial invoice! They resent my garment bag and surprisingly the a full set of the correct buttons but no hanger which was back in September.