No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Comments

• CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,452MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    We are all fanatics on here and think we should remember these companies are not... I completely agree at this price point the service isn't great in some cases but... Given the pandemic, furloughing, production challenges etc.
    Some slack needs to be cut.
    Even the giant that is TF is on basic levels only.

Thank you for this.
  • Royale-les-EauxRoyale-les-Eaux LondonPosts: 820MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    We are all fanatics on here and think we should remember these companies are not... I completely agree at this price point the service isn't great in some cases but... Given the pandemic, furloughing, production challenges etc.
    Some slack needs to be cut.
    Even the giant that is TF is on basic levels only.
    +1
  • I have a question to those who placed orders back before Oct. 15th... (the cut off)

I placed my order back then and sent the funds through PayPal. The last message I got from Stephanie was her saying she put me down for 1, and she made note of my delivery address. I didn't get an order confirmation e-mail or an invoice or anything...
    and no correspondence since. Is that what happened to others who are now receiving their shirts? I sent an e-mail asking for an update, but haven't been given one yet. I'm refraining from opening a case on PayPal, but what do you guys suggest?
    Not much being said is inspiring a lot of confidence.
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,771MI6 Agent
    MrE wrote:
    I have a question to those who placed orders back before Oct. 15th... (the cut off)

I placed my order back then and sent the funds through PayPal. The last message I got from Stephanie was her saying she put me down for 1, and she made note of my delivery address. I didn't get an order confirmation e-mail or an invoice or anything...
    and no correspondence since. Is that what happened to others who are now receiving their shirts? I sent an e-mail asking for an update, but haven't been given one yet. I'm refraining from opening a case on PayPal, but what do you guys suggest?

I would shoot another email over to Stephanie and see if she can give you an update regarding your order. Worse case scenario if no shirt is coming then request that she refund your money back to your PayPal account.
    I know where you keep your gun!
  • MikeG77 wrote:
    MrE wrote:
    I have a question to those who placed orders back before Oct. 15th... (the cut off)

I would shoot another email over to Stephanie and see if she can give you an update regarding your order. Worse case scenario if no shirt is coming then request that she refund your money back to your PayPal account.

So when you placed your order back in Oct. they sent you a confirmation e-mail for your order? Or you just asked if it went through okay?
    MrE wrote:
    MikeG77 wrote:
    MrE wrote:

So when you placed your order back in Oct. they sent you a confirmation e-mail for your order? Or you just asked if it went through okay?

Actually I wasn't able to get in on this limited run even though I expressed interest in the time frame given so I can't give you any insight.
  • km1fdmkm1fdm USAPosts: 211MI6 Agent
    MrE wrote:
    MikeG77 wrote:
    MrE wrote:

The "confirmation" was just a "thanks, got your info" email from Stef.

Connolly clearly wasn't prepared for the Bond frenzy. Def a lesson for them if they're featured in a high profile film again in the future.
    km1fdm wrote:
    MrE wrote:
    MikeG77 wrote:

The "confirmation" was just a "thanks, got your info" email from Stef.

Connolly clearly wasn't prepared for the Bond frenzy. Def a lesson for them if they're featured in a high profile film again in the future.

I think Bond fans are unlike any other type of movie fans accept for maybe Star Wars fans :))
  • frommeyerfrommeyer ChicagoPosts: 418MI6 Agent
    I want to be understanding for honest mistakes caused by COVID related backlogs - the mislabeled Connolly shirts is a manufacturing hiccup and definitely falls within that. But there's been, with a lot of these Bond products, widespread customer service issues that go beyond being backlogged in manufacturing. Connolly and their buttons/garment bags being one, the N.Peal and the shoulder patch/rib count issue another, and, of course, basically anything and everything Omega has done this year. These are luxury items that come at a steep premium - the customer service should reflect that and frankly hasn't.

In stark contrast is Tom Ford. The entire staff and crew there has been very clear about their capacity and turnaround times. They don't leave you hanging for weeks on end. That makes all the difference. Massimo Alba too. They've been pretty good.
  • kristopherm3kristopherm3 Posts: 156MI6 Agent
    Hey guys, I haven't posted here for around a decade so you won't know me! I wondered if anyone knows what happened to Iconic Alternatives?

I was looking forward to his continuing No Time to Die coverage for us frugal (relatively penniless) Bond fans but the site hasn't been updated in ages.

Cheers

Kris
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,452MI6 Agent
    frommeyer wrote:
    I want to be understanding for honest mistakes caused by COVID related backlogs - the mislabeled Connolly shirts is a manufacturing hiccup and definitely falls within that. But there's been, with a lot of these Bond products, widespread customer service issues that go beyond being backlogged in manufacturing. Connolly and their buttons/garment bags being one, the N.Peal and the shoulder patch/rib count issue another, and, of course, basically anything and everything Omega has done this year. These are luxury items that come at a steep premium - the customer service should reflect that and frankly hasn't.

In stark contrast is Tom Ford. The entire staff and crew there has been very clear about their capacity and turnaround times. They don't leave you hanging for weeks on end. That makes all the difference. Massimo Alba too. They've been pretty good.

You don’t recall the big *Tom Ford ties stuffed carelessly into packages* scandal of a few years back!

(Zaritsky probably has a video of that one.)

I am having trouble thinking of a single Bond related brand that hasn’t riled people here.

Maybe Crockett and Jones? Or did I miss something with them?

Turnbull & Asser?
  • frommeyerfrommeyer ChicagoPosts: 418MI6 Agent
    Again, it's relative. $300 for a tie? Yeah, I could see being annoyed if it were jammed carelessly into a box. Wouldn't ruffle my feathers but I get how it could for someone else.

I think there was something recently about a custom run of C&J boots for AJB007 users that was expensive only to be undercut significantly by a proper release of the Molton? Something like that? I wasn't really paying attention to that one.
  • Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    No idea. I believe nobody knows what happened and if they do, they aren't saying. His site's been static for over a year now sadly. I hope everything is alright.
    Hey guys, I haven't posted here for around a decade so you won't know me! I wondered if anyone knows what happened to Iconic Alternatives?

I was looking forward to his continuing No Time to Die coverage for us frugal (relatively penniless) Bond fans but the site hasn't been updated in ages.

Cheers

Kris
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,092MI6 Agent
    Cheverian wrote:

Turnbull & Asser?

One of the latest C&J group buys caused some consternation when the boot height was mismatched on some pairs. There may have been other manufacturing issues. After complaints C&J agreed to refund the dissatisfied customers, but refused to remake the boots.

As for Turnball & Asser the weave of the Bilbao Zig Zag tie is completely wrong.
    Cheverian wrote:
    frommeyer wrote:

You don’t recall the big *Tom Ford ties stuffed carelessly into packages* scandal of a few years back!

(Zaritsky probably has a video of that one.)

I am having trouble thinking of a single Bond related brand that hasn’t riled people here.

Turnbull & Asser?

It wasn't ties that DZ had a problem with but it was the Tom Ford Solden jacket and the polo shirt from Spectre. They were just stuffed into the box and the other issue was regarding the initial quoted prices. He did do a video on it but he ended up making some changes at the request of Tom Ford.
    Cheverian wrote:

Turnbull & Asser?

One of the latest C&J group buys caused some consternation when the boot height was mismatched on some pairs. There may have been other manufacturing issues. After complaints C&J agreed to refund the dissatisfied customers, but refused to remake the boots.

As for Turnball & Asser the weave of the Bilbao Zig Zag tie is completely wrong.

Yeah I was one of the people who had boots that were not evenely matched! I still for the life of me can't figure out how in the hell they ever passed QC and then left the factory? I've wanted to give Crockett Jones a try again but the whole experience turned me off as I'm not gonna spend $700 to a $1000 on shoes and they're not symmetrical.
    edited December 2020
    frommeyer wrote:
    Semi-related: does Mr Porter ever have decent promo codes? I have a couple things in my cart that I'm waiting to pull the trigger on but don't know if I'm waiting for no reason.

Their newsletter today says they’re about to start their sale. Probably worth waiting to see if your items fall into it.
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,155MI6 Agent
    Picking mine up today , on the winch trousers and these I went for whats known as silent stitching so they can be worn casual and smart . That's what my tailor said anyhow .
    I'll take pic of the finished outfit.
    frommeyer wrote:
    I'm taking my Mauko pants in to be hemmed today - anyone know how they're finished in the film? I can't quite make it out.
    007 reporting for duty
  • sunny01sunny01 Posts: 524MI6 Agent
    frommeyer wrote:
    Semi-related: does Mr Porter ever have decent promo codes? I have a couple things in my cart that I'm waiting to pull the trigger on but don't know if I'm waiting for no reason.

Their newsletter today says they’re about to start their sale. Probably waiting to see if your items fall into it.

Was this for UK or US Mr Porter? I have not seen any emails yet on this. Thanks!
    sunny01 wrote:
    frommeyer wrote:

Their newsletter today says they’re about to start their sale. Probably waiting to see if your items fall into it.

Was this for UK or US Mr Porter? I have not seen any emails yet on this. Thanks!

Uk, sorry. Although from memory the US follows suit?
    thanks that's perfect for me i am in UK!
    looks like sale is over :(
    007 reporting for duty
  • JTullock23JTullock23 ArizonaPosts: 552MI6 Agent
    It looks great man! Glad you were able to grab one.

VegasBond wrote:
    Just received mine. No issues, shirt is very well done.

7-DDA9-E89-AEF4-4-A2-C-8-F04-476-F8-B5-D971-E.jpg

7-FB07-A65-9533-4657-B93-E-8176-EC14021-A.jpg

F58338-FA-ED2-E-4-D8-F-948-D-F171-D0-BBA602.jpg

F91156-B8-D46-E-46-B1-A42-D-1969003-E0-C1-A.jpg
    "History isn't kind to men who play God." - DC "I gave him the limp." - PB "Better make that two." - TD

"Keeping British end up, sir." - RM "This never happened to the other fellow." - JL "I must be dreaming." SC
    really like the strap on the NTTD omega :007)
    Where's that from pal ?
    007 reporting for duty
  • NoiNoi Posts: 705MI6 Agent
    The Finamore is really beuatiful but I've never seen a shirt that wrinkles so quickly. I wore it for about 5 minutes and already looks like an old plastic bag :))
    optically, this shirt has a paper character anyway, hard to describe and if I had to chose I would never thought that its matches with the MA Coat but it does acutally.
    I think I won't wear it very often because the fabric seems extremely delicate to me.
    when it's actually true that this shirt only exists 50 times I see it more as a display/collector's item
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,760MI6 Agent
    edited December 2020
    I think there is an important distinction to be drawn here. Official licensed merchandise/partners of like OB, N.Peal, and Omega should be held to a different standard than a small artisan brand that 99.8% of the people on this site had never heard of before a costume designer (or Daniel Craig) decided to put a piece in a Bond film. Those previously unknown or under the radar brands are the ones I like to see in the films! That stuff is far more interesting to me than the shoehorned cross-promotional products like the N Peal commando sweater or that Matchless jacket from the last film. Brands like Connolly didn’t ask for this, and any benefit that they receive is incidental. Moreover, handmade clothing tends to not be completely uniform. Just because it costs a lot of money doesn’t mean you can or should expect expect assembly-line perfection. In fact, you’re paying for the opposite! Factor in the pandemic and it’s another layer. As a couple of others have advocated, it’s fair to cut them some slack, as well as to reevaluate your own (possibly unrealistic) expectations.
  • FerinstalFerinstal North of Londinium...Posts: 310MI6 Agent
    I think there is an important distinction to be drawn here. Official licensed merchandise/partners of like OB, N.Peal, and Omega should be held to a different standard than a small artisan brand that 99.8% of the people on this site had never heard of before a costume designer (or Daniel Craig) decided to put a piece in a Bond film. Those previously unknown or under the radar brands are the ones I like to see in the films! That stuff is far more interesting to me than the shoehorned cross-promotional products like the N Peal commando sweater or that Matchless jacket from the last film. Brands like Connolly didn’t ask for this, and any benefit that they receive is incidental. Moreover, handmade clothing tends to not be completely uniform. Just because it costs a lot of money doesn’t mean you can or should expect expect assembly-line perfection. In fact, you’re paying for the opposite! Factor in the pandemic and it’s another layer. As a couple of others have advocated, it’s fair to cut them some slack, as well as to reevaluate your own (possibly unrealistic) expectations.

+1 to this. Everything I could have wanted to say has been done far more eloquently above.
    Yes. Considerably.
    looks like sale is over :(

its not started yet...starts boxing day!
  • OMEGA BOND WATCHESOMEGA BOND WATCHES Las Vegas, NVPosts: 210MI6 Agent
    Where's that from pal ?

It’s the Omega Brown Nylon Nato that came with the Apollo 11 45th anniversary. I have more shots on my Instagram page @omegabondwatches -{
    History isn’t kind to men who play God.
    @OmegaBondWatches

***Vegas Bond is now OMEGA BOND WATCHES***
  • OMEGA BOND WATCHESOMEGA BOND WATCHES Las Vegas, NVPosts: 210MI6 Agent
    Where's that from pal ?

4-F899783-C6-DD-4-B36-87-D1-4-E3-DC17-CE637.jpg
    History isn’t kind to men who play God.
    @OmegaBondWatches

***Vegas Bond is now OMEGA BOND WATCHES***