No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Comments

• walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    Received the Mauko's today, they're really nice and great quality as expected of MA. Though I personally prefer the more slim fit and look of the Winch trousers.
    IMG-5169.jpg
  • NoiNoi Posts: 705MI6 Agent
    Myself wrote:
    Now I‘m a little bit confused. Could someone provide me the length of the belt til center hole?
    Many thanks!!!

I own Size L the length to the third hole (including the buckle) is 101cm, without the buckle 93cm, full length is 115cm

I'm a 34 waist and I wish I had gone for a M like Cheverian
  • MyselfMyself Posts: 64MI6 Agent
    Noi wrote:
    Myself wrote:
    Now I‘m a little bit confused. Could someone provide me the length of the belt til center hole?
    Many thanks!!!

I own Size L the length to the third hole (including the buckle) is 101cm, without the buckle 93cm, full length is 115cm

Many thanks, much appreciated!!!
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,450MI6 Agent
    Noi wrote:
    Myself wrote:
    Many thanks!!!

I had to punch a new hole in mine!
  • apple8apple8 London,UKPosts: 140MI6 Agent
    I’m between a 32-34 Jean and got a medium from Mr Porter, I’m on the last hole and it’s a little loose, like Cheverian I’ll be punching a hole in mine, I should have gone with the small.
  • BlueBludBlueBlud Posts: 254MI6 Agent

Has anybody purchased from this site or know any other sites that the jeans are on sale?
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,450MI6 Agent
    Has anyone heard from Connolly regarding the Finamore shirt orders? They were supposed to go out "before Christmas" which is fast approaching. I realize Connolly hasn't been a model of clear communication.
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    Cheverian wrote:
    Has anyone heard from Connolly regarding the Finamore shirt orders? They were supposed to go out "before Christmas" which is fast approaching. I realize Connolly hasn't been a model of clear communication.

Nope
    I emailed Stefanie last week but heard nothing
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    Cheverian wrote:

Nope

Likewise. I emailed Stefanie last Monday the 7th to inquire about an ETA on the shirt, as well as my Giubbino hanger, spare buttons, and garment bag which I still haven't received - no response as of today.

Kind regards,
    Craig
  • PeakeyPeakey Posts: 124MI6 Agent
    DBS wrote:
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    Cheverian wrote:

Nope

Likewise. I emailed Stefanie last Monday the 7th to inquire about an ETA on the shirt, as well as my Giubbino hanger, spare buttons, and garment bag which I still haven't received - no response as of today.

Kind regards,
    Craig

No surprises here - their customer service is piss poor! Never received my hanger, spare buttons and garment bag despite getting the jacket in March!
  • Fred007Fred007 Posts: 466MI6 Agent
    Peakey wrote:
    DBS wrote:
    007JBDCMWR wrote:

Nope

Kind regards,
    Craig

No surprises here - their customer service is piss poor! Never received my hanger, spare buttons and garment bag despite getting the jacket in March!

+1 X-(
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,771MI6 Agent
    Fred007 wrote:
    Peakey wrote:
    DBS wrote:

Kind regards,
    Craig

+1 X-(

I received my garment bag and the correct buttons back in September but I never received my hanger! When they shipped it they never included the commercial invoice so they had to resend it again. I was interested in the Finamore shirt but considering how things are going I'll probably pass even if one becomes available :#
    I know where you keep your gun!
  • DCMDCM Posts: 121MI6 Agent
    Sorry, if I missed it somehow ... has the cap - Daniel is wearing on the boat - already been identified?

Instagram: Classy Tourist

Received today the Mauko pants and the Max2 belt. Due to the advice I decided to take a size M which was a good decision. Thanks again. Will try to take a pic of the belt with a measuring tape tomorrow.
  • Royale-les-EauxRoyale-les-Eaux LondonPosts: 820MI6 Agent
    DCM wrote:
    Sorry, if I missed it somehow ... has the cap - Daniel is wearing on the boat - already been identified?
    not satisfactorily.

Need some BTS shots.
  • frommeyerfrommeyer ChicagoPosts: 418MI6 Agent
    I generally only see the "JB" code from Tom Ford items that are featured in Bond films. Is this a confirmed NTTD tie?

Blz9PpT.png

RX6iFHe.png

UQy1H2O.png

DtC1vY5.png
    edited December 2020
    To follow up with myself, I was poking around MrPorter. This tie - https://www.mrporter.com/en-gb/mens/product/tom-ford/accessories/neck-ties/75cm-silk-and-wool-blend-tie/10516758728876546 - is the one pictured above. Same numbers. I then searched the page source code of a dozen or so ties on Mr Porter's site. The ties believed to be in the movie all have "JB" in the fabric code. All other ties have "TF" where the "JB" is. So I'm fairly sure we have another NTTD tie here.

EDIT: I believe it's either tie #3 or #6 referenced in this thread - https://www.ajb007.co.uk/post/992622/#p992622
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Your one and the Mr Porter one is number 3 on the pic in that thread. Check othertravel’s sale thread for a close up of number 6.

https://ajb007.co.uk/topic/53323/fs-price-drop-more-pics-added-nwt-tom-ford-nttd-birdseye-tie/
  • Mattia De VartiMattia De Varti ItalyPosts: 488MI6 Agent
    That tie is quite a mystery. Based on my speculations, I think it could be the one worn with the navy pow suit in Hammersmith. I personally don't have it, but judging from the pics on Mr Porter it seems it has a very subtle white pattern, almost dotted.
    Looking at the "L'Officiel Hommes" featuring Daniel Craig in that outfit you can see the pattern.
    Returning to the Mr Porter's pic (and maybe you can confirm me) changing the contrast the with dots are fairly visible. Only problem is that there's only a detailed image and dots seem bigger, probably due to the zoom. So honestly I don't know

Tie-detail.jpgTie-detail-1.png

ET3-LWCRWk-Ac-Uoqn.jpgHammersmith-tie.jpg
  • DCMDCM Posts: 121MI6 Agent
    cap.jpg

The thickness of the band at the back is interesting.

Just spent some time in Barbour, tried on some caps. The shot from the back makes me almost certain there’s zero chance it’s the waxed cap, couldn’t see anything with a band thickness and that shape in their current range.

I had another look at the OMEGA promo video today. Looking at the cap from a slightly different angle - since Bond is fortunately turning his head a little bit - it might be as others already mentioned that the band isn’t as thick as the previous frame let us to believe.

CFAA3-DBA-4635-4477-A735-594100604386.jpg

Instagram: Classy Tourist

• sw17sw17 Posts: 32MI6 Agent
    edited December 2020
    That tie is quite a mystery. Based on my speculations, I think it could be the one worn with the navy pow suit in Hammersmith. I personally don't have it, but judging from the pics on Mr Porter it seems it has a very subtle white pattern, almost dotted.
    Looking at the "L'Officiel Hommes" featuring Daniel Craig in that outfit you can see the pattern.
    Returning to the Mr Porter's pic (and maybe you can confirm me) changing the contrast the with dots are fairly visible. Only problem is that there's only a detailed image and dots seem bigger, probably due to the zoom. So honestly I don't know

I have the three TF suits and the six ties, so I can answer any specific questions about those. Your observation of the "white dots" in the tie is spot-on: the tie shimmers subtly in the light. I've attached the picture below.

IMG-3757.jpg
    Some pic's of the MA Max-2 belt size M.

MA-belt-1.jpg
    MA-belt-2.jpg
    MA-belt-3.jpg
    sw17 wrote:

I purchased the three TF suits and the six ties, and I am 99% sure it is the grey melange suit paired with the black birdseye tie. None of the other ties look correct to me - the two grey ties are too light and too similar to the suit to make sense.

Your observation of the "white dots" in the tie is spot-on: the tie shimmers subtly in the light. I've attached the picture below.

IMG-3757.jpg

Just to make that clear. I was talking about the lighter grey one (the one posted by frommeyer) and not the darker grey. But it could possibly be, even though I thought as you did that went with the grey melange tie.

20201216-155121.jpg

Screenshot-20201216-154630-Mr-Porter.jpg

Given that you bought all the ties, would you have the possibility to take a pic of the other grey too. Just to see if the effect with ''white dots'' is the same
    sw17 wrote:

I purchased the three TF suits and the six ties, and I am 99% sure it is the grey melange suit paired with the black birdseye tie. None of the other ties look correct to me - the two grey ties are too light and too similar to the suit to make sense.

Your observation of the "white dots" in the tie is spot-on: the tie shimmers subtly in the light. I've attached the picture below.

IMG-3757.jpg

Just to make that clear. I was talking about the lighter grey one (the one posted by frommeyer) and not the darker grey. But it could possibly be, even though I thought as you did that went with the grey melange tie.

20201216-155121.jpg

Screenshot-20201216-154630-Mr-Porter.jpg

Given that you bought all the ties, would you have the possibility to take a pic of the other grey too. Just to see if the effect with ''white dots'' is the same

Yes, of course. What do you think?

IMG-3759.jpg

IMG-3760.jpg
    Thanks. I'd definitely go with first one, the labelled 1248136-005. The "white dots" are more prominent and they seem to match the cover picture. A very good looking tie paired with a beautiful suit...
    Thanks. I'd definitely go with first one, the labelled 1248136-005. The "white dots" are more prominent and they seem to match the cover picture. A very good looking tie paired with a beautiful suit...

I find it a rather unusual: black tie, light blue shirt, navy checked suit is strange to me. Even if this is a white shirt I'd find it odd to pair black with navy.

What do others think?
    Black tie and navy suit is not that unusual. The literary Bond always sports that uniform. And then on Mr Porter that tie is listed as grey, not black.
    But this is my humble opinion. Others are well accepted
    I was thinking I made a minor discovery. But, apparently, this tie was old news. It's hard to keep up sometimes!
    All discovery work is great! :)

What are everyone's thoughts on the Atticus dinner jacket? The stitching and generous shawl is interesting - definitely a different touch. The cut also seems to make Craig's head look big. I'm sure Matt Spaiser has thoughts.

Is the stitching a gimmick that won't age well, or a visual reminder of craftsmanship?

daniel-craig-james-bond-no-time-to-die-tuxedo.jpg
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    sw17 wrote:
    Is the stitching a gimmick that won't age well, or a visual reminder of craftsmanship?

Pick-stitching has been a feature on lapels of high end suits for as long as they’ve been around—definitely not just a gimmick or a trend that won’t age well in a few years time.