No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Comments

• kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent
    sruzgar wrote:
    kadd wrote:
    Holidaying in Lisbon and walked past a Havaianas shop a few hours after seeing the @whatsdanielwearing post

First purchase for Bond25 :))

I’m a UK size 9 and got the 43-44 size

333-CD44-A-9967-41-E8-BAFB-2-BACC8-AB6412.jpg

EXCELLENT!!!

Thanks to your excellent Instagram feed! -{

Love your work BTW. Always amazed at your eagle eyes and research skills!
  • Double0zeroDouble0zero Los AngelesPosts: 220MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:
    People need to realize that it’s not gonna be any of the brands we saw on the last 2 movies.

I’d search elsewhere.

I’m willing to bet they were picked out so randomly off a rack store somewhere.
    Agreed, that's why I think it may be somebody like outerknown or Hurley

I think the tendency to go back to OB for the swim shorts is based on the fact that they are now an official partner of EON. That’s not a Timex on Bond’s wrist. Granted, the OB partnership can’t fairly be compared 1:1 with the Omega partnership. Still seems odd that OB wouldn’t be featured given that Jamaica retirement apparel seems right in their wheelhouse.

As for the other items, though, I agree 100% that Jany’s heritage-based (or even Frogley’s TF-heavy) approach to dressing Bond is a thing of the pastt. We’re back to the pre-2008 random smattering of brands.

It might even be a good thing. I’ve always been of the camp that Bond should be looked to for style-inspiration as opposed to direct copying. The look should be more important than the brand.

Excellent argument !

I’m one of many and many looking forward seeing brands that we loved. Like “sunspel, OB ..” come back. But as you said, it is highly unlikely at this point .

But to be fair, in real world , A real life MI6 agent should wear random average looking clothes
    (Like we what saw so far) so he can easily blend in. Bond in Skyfall could easily stand out based on his amazing outfits. So we can also argue that Suttirat has that real-world vision in her DC’s wardrobe selection.

Bad news for many of us but very realistic approach indeed.

I still think Some of these brands will still make it to the movie at some point.
  • jared_nomakjared_nomak Posts: 1,942MI6 Agent
    I may have a pair of size 34 Tom Ford Jeans going that I managed to track down, paid retail price and have receipts to prove.
    Thanks
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Makes you wonder how many suits will feature in Bond 25

Maybe only 1 or 2 instead of the usual 4-5
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • BondClothingBondClothing Posts: 351MI6 Agent
    Very interesting to see the power of what Daniel Craig puts on his body! :D
    Lifestyle guide to the products and locations featured in the James Bond films.
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    As an Aussie I'm really confused by all this talk of sandals and flip flops...they're called thongs ya bloody galahs! ;)
  • canoe2canoe2 Posts: 2,007MI6 Agent
    I'm not sure why we wouldn't expect some brands to return. There's the whole business side of it, of course, and I can see Tom Ford, Omega, OB, N.Peal or C&J trying their damnedest to get a total lock on certain pieces Bond wears.

But I don't see why what Jany did in the past films would affect what clothes Bond wears in this film. It seems very strange to me that a new costume designer would decide NOT to use a particular brand just because her predecessor used it. Seems kind of petty and childish.

Besides, when it comes to choosing clothes, Temime was pretty much all over the map as well. And her decisions (with oft noted input from Craig) seemed to have had more to do with what would work for a particular scene, rather than being motivated by a particular label, much like what we saw in CR. There is of course the whole Cucinelli replacing TF for a part of SPECTRE. But we also had Billy Reid, All Saints, Zara, J.Crew, COS, Neil Barrett, John Varvatos. Not exactly heritage brands or brands I'd immediately associate with Bond. But they showed up in 007 films.

I think for #25 we'll see things move along in a manner very similar to what we saw in the last 2 movies. When Bond wears a suit, it will most likely be TF. When he wears a sweater, N.Peal will probably be the provider. Shoes will likely be C&J. Etc., etc. And then we'll have a mixture of other labels tossed in when they're clothing is what's needed. To me, the Tom Ford dominated QoS was the outlier.

Wow, we're reading a LOT into a few set photos for scenes that will maybe make up 7-10 minutes of screen time! :D
  • Bond_AmbitionsBond_Ambitions Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 460MI6 Agent
    hahahahahaha
    JTM wrote:
    As an Aussie I'm really confused by all this talk of sandals and flip flops...they're called thongs ya bloody galahs! ;)
  • sruzgarsruzgar Welcome to ScotlandPosts: 1,468MI6 Agent
    edited May 2019
    Anyone looking for Vuarnet I highly recommend the place where I got mine https://sunglasscity.com/products/vuarnet-06 amazing customer service and they can even get vuarnet prescription lenses!
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,771MI6 Agent
    sruzgar wrote:
    Anyone looking for Vuarnet I highly recommend the place where I got mine https://sunglasscity.com/products/vuarnet-06, amazing customer service and they can even get vuarnet prescrition lenses!

That link is not working :(
    I know where you keep your gun!
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    MikeG77 wrote:
    sruzgar wrote:
    Anyone looking for Vuarnet I highly recommend the place where I got mine https://sunglasscity.com/products/vuarnet-06, amazing customer service and they can even get vuarnet prescrition lenses!

Just go to "Collections" up the top, click on Vuarnet and "06" is right there :)
    Sorry guys for some reason a comma got added on the end, fixed it now! I tried to get us a little AJB discount but dealers are not allowed to sell cheaper than Vuarnet direct but these people are awesome!
  • TennysonTennyson A View to a KillPosts: 606MI6 Agent
    I’m a Brit living in New Zealand, and we all know the Aussies over the ditch are strange, thongs are for the Bond girls only... here in the land of the ling white cloud they call them ‘jandels’.... go figure
    hahahahahaha
    JTM wrote:
  • 00730073 COPPosts: 1,024MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:
    People need to realize that it’s not gonna be any of the brands we saw on the last 2 movies.

I’d search elsewhere.

I’m willing to bet they were picked out so randomly off a rack store somewhere.
    Agreed, that's why I think it may be somebody like outerknown or Hurley

I think the tendency to go back to OB for the swim shorts is based on the fact that they are now an official partner of EON. That’s not a Timex on Bond’s wrist. Granted, the OB partnership can’t fairly be compared 1:1 with the Omega partnership. Still seems odd that OB wouldn’t be featured given that Jamaica retirement apparel seems right in their wheelhouse.

As for the other items, though, I agree 100% that Jany’s heritage-based (or even Frogley’s TF-heavy) approach to dressing Bond is a thing of the pastt. We’re back to the pre-2008 random smattering of brands.

It might even be a good thing. I’ve always been of the camp that Bond should be looked to for style-inspiration as opposed to direct copying. The look should be more important than the brand.

This! Excellent post.
    "I mean, she almost kills bond...with her ass."
    -Mr Arlington Beech
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,155MI6 Agent
    Amazingly i found these fingers crossed there okay and there's no shipping from US - hopefully win win
    https://www.selectspecs.com/sunglasses/vuarnet/vl0006-vintage/ss1274.29.html

sruzgar wrote:
    Anyone looking for Vuarnet I highly recommend the place where I got mine https://sunglasscity.com/products/vuarnet-06 amazing customer service and they can even get vuarnet prescription lenses!
    007 reporting for duty
  • James BoldmanJames Boldman Amherst, MAPosts: 461MI6 Agent
    JTM wrote:
    MikeG77 wrote:
    sruzgar wrote:

Just go to "Collections" up the top, click on Vuarnet and "06" is right there :)
    Thanks Simon, unfortunately they are also on back order.
    Amazingly i found these fingers crossed there okay and there's no shipping from US - hopefully win win
    https://www.selectspecs.com/sunglasses/vuarnet/vl0006-vintage/ss1274.29.html

I ordered from there but no sign of shipping yet. Have a feeling they are prob also backordered
    No surprise there then , thankfully got a confirmation of order and currently its in progress.
    Account says preparing item so hopefully there all ship out at once.
    007 reporting for duty
    No surprise there then , thankfully got a confirmation of order and currently its in progress.
    Account says preparing item so hopefully there all ship out at once.

Mine changed to “entering quality control” not sure if thats is a delay tactic lol

Anyhow way cheaper then buying from US so happy to wait as long as they eventually come through
    interesting but agree with you there so pleased we found cheaper as long as we get them :))
    I was so close to hitting the buy button on sunglass city 8-)
    007 reporting for duty
    Okay guys, can we square this one off?
    I've been holding off on buying the Vuarnet sunglasses because: a) I didn't think they would end up in the movie. It seems fairly clear now that they will.
    And b) there a 3 very similar brown colour versions of the 06 style.

#1 - 0003 2136 - BrownLynx- Brown
    1000x556-VL000600032136-1_grande.jpg?v=1521758316

#2 - 0001 3212
    1000x556-VL000600132121-1_grande.jpg?v=1521758316

#3 - 0008 2121
    1000x556-vl000600082121-1_grande.png?v=1521758316

Do we know exactly which colour DC is wearing?
    Apologies if this question has already been answered. The codes above may not be exactly correct.
    edited May 2019
    I grabbed the top one.

Its the only brown one available from Vuarnet so presume current model
  • AugustWalkerAugustWalker Posts: 880MI6 Agent
    As a novice I can say that the last pair is too dark compared to the set-pictures
    The name is Walker by the way.

IG: @thebondarchives
    Check it out, you won’t be disappointed :)
    welshboy78 wrote:
    I grabbed the top one.

Also only brown one available from the online shop I got mine.
    I'm sorry if my post has brought up any post traumatic stress. We all remember the ordeal of TF snwodon sunglasses.
    It's probably not pair #3, given the thicker frame. Sunglasses colour has being historically difficult to identify accurately.
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,771MI6 Agent
    I'm sorry if my post has brought up any post traumatic stress. We all remember the ordeal of TF snwodon sunglasses.
    It's probably not pair #3, given the thicker frame. Sunglasses colour has being historically difficult to identify accurately.

I think you'd need to see the design of the glasses arms and see of there is any information on them to really narrow down which of the 3 is correct. Personally I'd say that the model listed on the Vuarnet site is the correct pair.
    I know where you keep your gun!
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    Vuarnet has restocked
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
    Just a heads up on select specs - I phoned them and they have the stock and will be shipped out in 7-10 days so they say 8-)
    otherwise these guys now have them - https://vuarnet.com/products/06?variant=8754541166639&utm_source=esc&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=nowbackinstock

welshboy78 wrote:
    I grabbed the top one.

007 reporting for duty
    They were on backorder form Vuarnet as well, I imagine if they have them back in stock sunglass city will too and I personally dont mind waiting.

I picked up same colour as welshboy for same reason, didn't realize there were multiple browns.
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent
    My TB silk shirt in small arrived today - off to the tailor for hem shortening! :))