No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Comments

• I concur, the Rake is absolutely horrible. I would tell anyone to steer clear of them. I returned a size Large henley to them, followed the tracking

and once it showed delivery I sent them an e-mail and politely asked them when I could expect a refund. They kindly said "we can confirm that we

have received your return and once it passes quality inspection, you will get your refund." I thanked them and pointed out that I never wore it,

I kept the tags on and only tried it on so I'm sure it will have no problem passing their quality inspection.... 30 days later...still no refund.

I wrote them again and asked "Does it really take 30 days to inspect a t-shirt?" No response from them. I wrote them one last message and said

I expect my refund today otherwise I will be contacting PayPal. The refund showed up that day. Awful customer service.

• andreabandreab Posts: 4MI6 Agent

could be possible to have a link to a very close one of the drawstring used by Bond with the Jed North?

• km1fdmkm1fdm USAPosts: 211MI6 Agent
  • Cg23Cg23 Posts: 242MI6 Agent

I too will admit, thousands of choices for the string/shoelace so if anyone finds a decent one preferably on prime so it doesnt take a month to come in. I just used what I had laying around, just to make sure I could weave it through. Still not positive if navy or black due to zippers being black, either one could work. I think most think navy though and flat shoelace not round.

Sure, here is one example.

12 Pieces Replacement Drawstring Cords Flat Drawstrings with Easy Threaders for Sweatpants Shorts Pants Jackets https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B08V1LMF8L/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_YMZAZX2TXVFJ3QT7H1K4?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

may be diff if you’re not in the US. There are tons of choices on Amazon though, just look at whatever it recommends based on that one.

Do you happen to know the specific model though? They have more than one black braces listed.

• Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent

I just bought a set of flat navy shoe laces off eBay £1.79, seem to look the part.

Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".

Just keep in mind the length of shoelaces will probably be shorter than a drawstring. Drawstring would need to be significantly longer than your actual waist size to hang properly on the sides.

Good call on the length. Was just about to say that as well. Need to be able to tie

Yes these come in different lengths so went with 100cm, should be ok.

I’m more nervous about the logo removal!

• ChicoChico Posts: 56MI6 Agent

On the subject of the shorts, could anyone show how it looks once the logo is off? Maybe some tips on how to…

I just spent like 10 minutes describingin detail on the nttd shorts page and had to edit a typo now says waiting to be aproved to be posted. Hopefully it shows

Here’s my post from the shorts thread. Hope this helps!

Update:

Was able to get the logo off (for the most part)

used steam/iron/etc a little bit of it all. Set my iron in between wool and poly setting i think it was around a 3,4ish. Just grabbed an old pillow case as a barrier to iron over. Anything thin should do fine. Do be careful not to go heavy with the iron edge as it may crease pretty hardcore since its poly spandex

my letters didn’t exactly peel off but used a bit of scratching and did work. Was awfully warm on the fingers scratching them after the iron, but survived. Still a tad of remnants left but couldnt tell if it was just leftover bits stuck to the shorts due to the heat and steam

After completed, I rubbed some dish soap on the out and inside of the logo (my go-to for stains) and put in washer. So I’ll see how it ends up looking with everything kinda washing and rinsing off. Got a bit nervous the more I scratched, didnt wanna screw up the poly/spandex so got as much scratched off as I could. 

To be honest, a bit curious why wardrobe would go through the trouble and you know they had several pairs to do it to. Personally I woulda just bought some sunspells or obs and called it a day. 

• JTullock23JTullock23 ArizonaPosts: 552MI6 Agent

Lost (possibly) at sea like Bond after NTTD or lost as in what actually happened to Bond in NTTD? 💥

"History isn't kind to men who play God." - DC "I gave him the limp." - PB "Better make that two." - TD

"Keeping British end up, sir." - RM "This never happened to the other fellow." - JL "I must be dreaming." SC
  • bondfan10bondfan10 Posts: 79MI6 Agent

Unrelated, but I wonder why Bond wore a tie clip in the movie? Was it just a call back to Goldfinger?

• BondCrazyBondCrazy Posts: 54MI6 Agent

I think so as well. On a side note, bought that clip, and it sucks. Super small and cant fit a normal sized tie. Most definitely overpriced for what it is.

Im never one to judge but gotta admit I never understood that buy. Seemed like a very simple and common item but at a designer price.

• JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    edited November 2021

Mine seems to have a persistent issue with not staying on with my (mostly TF) ties…really tired of loosing it and then (somehow very luckily) finding it on the floor of my car, under my work desk, the lift of my building etc etc

• Bond_AmbitionsBond_Ambitions Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 459MI6 Agent

What the hell man? You just spoiled the ending for me.

Nah just kidding, seen it twice.

I’d say a box or two of henleys just went missing, rather than got blown up on an island in the pacific 😂

@triple seven i found their customer so poor also. Can confidently say I will never deal with them again. Glad to know I’m not the only one.

• Bond_AmbitionsBond_Ambitions Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 459MI6 Agent

I’m hoping to save myself some trouble here, apologies if already answered.

I see the navy Croakies are offered in 2 sizes. Is there a general consensus on which size works better for the Vuarnet 06?

cheers guys

I gave the XL and they are fine.

• 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,516MI6 Agent

Def xl

Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.

Ha ha! I’ve seen it a lot.

Too bad they went missing or whatever. You’d think that there would be some sort of back up plan like, “So, we have a lot of these long sleeve ones that these crazy Bond fans are going to end up having the sleeves cut off of. Why don’t we do that ourselves and save them the after market cost?” JK They probably don’t care about us like that.

"History isn't kind to men who play God." - DC "I gave him the limp." - PB "Better make that two." - TD

"Keeping British end up, sir." - RM "This never happened to the other fellow." - JL "I must be dreaming." SC

A couple things about this I’d like to ask since I don’t own one so I’m not sure what would work.

Is it possible to use some device to tighten it a touch, like pliers? I think you could use something like that while using something as a buffer to not damage the medal. If you don’t think that could/would work have you reached out the Benson & Clegg to see what they suggest?

Seeing these type of comments about the tie slide loosening makes sense why it wasn’t attached to Bond’s shirt in the film. Honestly that is thing I hate the most about the film.

• BondCrazyBondCrazy Posts: 54MI6 Agent

In my case the clip is too tight and have a hard time fitting the front of the tie in, much less both sides of the tie and the shirt. Plus the clip itself is too small, short lengthwise.

Ah okay I see. Yeah you don’t wanna risk stretching it out or anything. Also, I guess the slide was made for skinnier ties?

• The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent

At £55, just be glad that it wasn't made by Tom Ford! The identical piece could have had two zeroes added to it if his name had been on the back! 😁

• Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent

The clip is so hard to see in Goldfinger that I doubt it was a callback. They've become trendier as of late, so I'd chalk it up to that.

Visit my blog, Bond Suits