No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Comments

• Bond_AmbitionsBond_Ambitions Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 460MI6 Agent

Thanks fellas @Smithers500 @007JBDCMWR

• Mattia De VartiMattia De Varti ItalyPosts: 488MI6 Agent

Just a little update on Madeleine's outfit that completes the pieces I had previously ID'd. After one year plus of research I've finally managed to figure out the jacket she wears while in the forest scene.

"Will Jacket - Khaki - Organic Cotton - Sézane" https://www.sezane.com/eu/product/will-jacket/khaki#size-XXS

Though the colour seems brown from some pics, it's actually khaki

• km1fdmkm1fdm USAPosts: 211MI6 Agent

A proper tie clip isn't supposed to span the entire tie, it's just there to hold in place and add some extra style. I've only worn it one time (thanks corona virus), but using the movie tie, I haven't seen an issue with slipping it over nor hold ability.

Another thing to mention for folks complaining about price.. I looked at a lot of alternatives from Amazon, Jcrew, and other places.. they all feel and look cheap. This one is coated in Rhodium (a precious metal) and it has a little more heft than a $10 stamped pot metal Amazon slide. Definitely be glad it's not a high fashion brand like it could have been!

• welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent

Mine stays on fine

Instagram - bondclothes007
  • MailfistMailfist Posts: 240MI6 Agent

I use a tie clip. Same look but you don't have to worry about it falling off.

• andreabandreab Posts: 4MI6 Agent

Hi Everyone. Whatsdanielcraigwearing said the black braces are made by Tm Lewis, but if you go on Albert Thurston IG they announced like 3 days ago that the designer took it from them. What’s the real one?

• redsleighdownredsleighdown USAPosts: 450MI6 Agent

AT supplies a lot of companies with braces. This could be the case here where both are correct, as they look very similar. Judging from WDW's track record, he only posts when something is confirmed so I'd trust his post.

Yep, I had contacted AT and they said they supply them to TM Lewin. So either you buy from the one or the other it's the same

• NoiNoi Posts: 705MI6 Agent

when braces got the union flag tag on the inside you can get sure that they come originally from AT

• Royale-les-EauxRoyale-les-Eaux LondonPosts: 820MI6 Agent

AT supply the same braces to most Jermyn street shops. Harvie & Hudson have the same ones "made by" AT for them...

• JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent

I’m remembering a Vesper quote about a perfectly formed something…can’t remember how it goes 😉

• NalliacNalliac Posts: 26MI6 Agent

You are a hero. It’s coming up to Christmas and my partner had dropped a few hints about Madeleine’s jacket in this scene…

Oh thanks. If they still available on their site then you've found the perfect gift! Hope she likes it.

And if you post some pics when it arrives would be great. Even DM

• TSRGusTSRGus Posts: 88MI6 Agent

Was a bit concerned about the possible cosplay aspect of the Npeal trousers but they are pretty slick and wearable, I think.

One point I’d like to make is that—contrary to what may have been expressed here—they do let out/open up a tiny bit after the first wear… sort of like raw denim does. If your size is such that the thighs and waist feel a touch snug upon first trying them on, they will ease up in those areas.

Radnor boots felt like a good alternative for those (like me) who missed out on the first Danner run…

• Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    edited November 2021

I couldn’t disagree more. I’ve not seen anyone post pictures here or anywhere yet where they looked good. And certainly far from OK for wearing outside of an old missile silo and not under fire. They all just look like cosplay and pretty awful in style and fit. Han Solos costume jacket is cool, but you can’t wear it out either.

A friend of mine wore his NTTD combats this Sunday to an antique arms fair, which I thought would be OK. But it wasn’t. He just looked ridiculous. Sorry, but sometimes it’s better to be honest than sugar coat things. They’re costume trousers and look it. Like Solos jacket, in context and for film, they look superb, but that’s it. Sure we all get caught up and a bit blinkered by the excitement of new Bond clothes and new film highs. But down the line when we look back……. It’ll be a case of “What the Hell was I thinking”. 🤦

The rest of your outfit looks great. But breathe in deeply, step away from the trousers and put them back in the box 😁

..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent

Just to provide a counter opinion, I think they look great on you TSRGus. Good length also. I’ve seen other people where they look too long. These just look like an alternate style of cargo pants, but now with a Bond connection.

I don’t own a pair so not trying to validate my purchase!

• Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    edited November 2021

Wait till you see someone out and about in them and not just a static 2d picture. Oh boy. It’s a tad different then. But each to their own. I’m just trying to take the rose tinted perspective we have of a Bond article out of the equation for people.

I’ve gone through it myself with the Tom Ford Morocco polo. But that was no where near as bad as these as it was just a polo and not a costume piece specifically designed for a film. But even so. What was I thinking 🤣

I do own a pair, and still can’t validate my purchase. But they’re cool from a film design perspective. Kept in the box.

..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • TSRGusTSRGus Posts: 88MI6 Agent

Thanks man. I've had two very pointed compliments about these today with one of them being a stranger asking where I got them. I guess there are other people who dig the ridiculous pants as much as I do.

Asp9mm: I appreciate your honesty. However, this rose-tinted outlook that we all share here is what makes all of this so much fun. There are so few things that bring joy these days and there's so much bad news in the world that if a pair of trousers can put a smile on my face, I'll take it.

• CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,450MI6 Agent

I've worn my combat trousers hunting (suspenders and all). The deer didn't laugh.

• The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent

I've worn mine twice and only got thrown out of an establishment for sartorial crimes once 😁.

Actually, I have been surprised by how extremely comfortable they are and when properly matched, I believe they look good. More importantly, so does my wife...and she wears the trousers in this marriage...except when I'm wearing them. 😎

• canoe2canoe2 Posts: 2,007MI6 Agent

I think the N.Peal pants come down to personal taste. They're really not any more or less ridiculous than similar designs from G Star, Engineered Garments or some other niche streetwear brands. But I'm not a fan of them. Do think some folks can pull off the look? Sure. @TSRGus comes as close to making them look good IRL as I've seen. However, I just ain't cool enough to wear 'em 😁

• Cg23Cg23 Posts: 242MI6 Agent

Many sartorial items have grown on me for this film well after the fact. I agree we do get caught up in hype, resulting in plenty of “hype buys”. And with Bond brand’s pricing that can be dangerous. I’ve seen people that just love Bond so much they try like crazy to make items make sense in situations where they just don’t. I do actually think @TSRGus makes these work great though with that outfit. Personally, I see these working fine for outdoor activities, hunting, hiking, fishing, stuff like that. I agree with @canoe2 in that these are a fairly common style like you would see with many outdoor & streetwear brands, the style just seems to be a tad more for specific circumstances. Can be a tad tricky wearing casually with 17 pockets.

A couple things holding me back was the fact that there doesn’t seem to be much stretch. Also, the cool waist details are pretty hidden since they are high waisted. I do love the leg detail but it does hinder the ability to tailor the length. Lastly, the price is killer for me. As discussed earlier, there are many cargo, utility type pants at 1/4 the price. These have grown on me a little, but those few reasons are why I never really pulled the trigger. I’ll be the first to admit although Im hesitant to wear, I do love to see people pulling them off because when people like @TSRGus knows how to pair them with a nice jacket and appropriate boots it really can be a really cool look. Not all of us have been able to pull the look off so props to the people that are lucky enough to get a decent fit in these and can make them work. And most importantly, if you like them then wear them and enjoy them!

• MyselfMyself Posts: 64MI6 Agent

Well take a look at the Brunello Cucinelli website. They have for AW plenty of cargo pants, mostly in grey with a lot of pockets similar to the combat pants from N.Peal. BC doing such kind of pants since years. Wondering if DC was influenced by that as we know is wearing a lot of BC stuff privately.

• Cg23Cg23 Posts: 242MI6 Agent

You could be spot on with this possibly influencing DC. The prices of some of these pants are absolutely ludicrous.

• SnorpleySnorpley Posts: 86MI6 Agent

I still dig ‘em (don’t yet own them). I think they look great on @TSRGus , ditto on many others I’ve seen via insta (bondonabudget and others) or their own channels (from Tailors with Love). I’ve preferred them when paired with trainers or a suede casual boot/chukka. And on the subject or price, it hasn’t stopped many of us before lol

...a brother from Sydney
  • bondfan10bondfan10 Posts: 79MI6 Agent

Out of curiosity, what's the sizing like on the SA Palladiums? Do you have to size up on those?

• HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent

I wear the pants every day. Sometimes just the pants.

• JTullock23JTullock23 ArizonaPosts: 552MI6 Agent

I think @TSRGus looks great in them! Do you man. What is fashion or style is subjective. There is a difference between what is trendy and what is fashionable. We can follow trends or develop our or style. Some people like cuffs/turn-ups and some like a plain hem. Some swear by pleated trousers over flat-front trousers. Vice versa. Double-breasted suits/blazers -vs- single-breasted. Chelsea boots or Chukkas. I can do this all day.

A wonderful thing about Bond’s style is we can pick-and-choose what we want or what we do not. I don’t know that these particular pants/slacks are for me. Neither is the jumper. I own 7 of the R&B henleys in long & short sleeved version in many colors. And, I don’t care if people like them or not. I do.

"History isn't kind to men who play God." - DC "I gave him the limp." - PB "Better make that two." - TD

"Keeping British end up, sir." - RM "This never happened to the other fellow." - JL "I must be dreaming." SC