No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Comments

• walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    If the masses on social media love the look and people on this board generally do not, that just tells me that people here have some taste! I certainly don’t need an Instagram poll to validate my thoughts about what Bond should be wearing.
    A lot of Instagram as of late often seems less Bond lifestyle and more just buy literally anything Daniel Craig touches.
  • armenianmoviemanarmenianmovieman The 818Posts: 674MI6 Agent
    If the masses on social media love the look and people on this board generally do not, that just tells me that people here have some taste! I certainly don’t need an Instagram poll to validate my thoughts about what Bond should be wearing.
    A lot of Instagram as of late often seems less Bond lifestyle and more just buy literally anything Daniel Craig touches.

So much this. Sometimes I wonder if Bond fans ask themselves if they want XYZ because they can rock the outfit? Or if it's just because they saw DC rock it? :)) :)) :))

As someone trying to avoid spoilers and just checking out the set photos every now and again (if only for the outfits lol) I gotta say.... I just can't see myself wearing much of that stuff.

I wouldn't wear that Billy Reid jacket or that (apparently now legendary) cord suit in a million years.

I could possibly see myself rocking those Fear of God Converses from the press conference, until I saw the price on eBay. <$100 and then MAYBE we'll talk. lol

I COULD see myself in those gray jeans and Tommy Bahama shirt... DEFINITELY that Tom Ford suit with the blue tie. But that's about it. So far.

I wish there were more pics of people rocking their Spectre desert outfits, for instance, as the color mismatch looks a little too "sloppy" when looking at the actual clothing pics, but of course, it's an awesome and iconic look as seen in the film.

Before buying Bond clothes, one should ask themselves if they'd wear X Y Z if they saw it at Wal-Mart for $20, NOT because DC is wearing it.

The beauty of Bond (especially Craig Bond) is the color combinations and the simple pieces: cardigan, Harrington jacket, polo, peacoat, linen jacket, leather jacket, suede jacket, etc. Those are the great day to day looks you find alternatives for at Old Navy and Banana Republic, for instance. That Tommy Bahama definitely fits in this category.

So Far, No Time To Die doesn't really have any of this. But I'm hoping to be wowed!
    Yes. Consssssiderably.
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    This might've been discussed already but seeing a picture of this outfit again in the news today made me realise, in my opinion of course, how much better this casual look would've been with a brown belt (that actually utilises the belt loops on the pants) instead of the AT bluish grey braces. I know they're something different—a few of you probably like the look—and heaps will buy them just because Bond wore them (even though most would struggle to find an occasion to wear them), I just think a belt would've looked better. Would've worked with the brown suede boots as well.

18308992-7448761-image-m-7-1568131795960.jpg
  • shilton125shilton125 SCOTLANDPosts: 355MI6 Agent
    DC sneakers at the press conference are Saint Laurent Bedford in skull-print canvas and at an unbelievable £510.
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    No plans to own any of that look 8-)

Id get destroyed in NE UK

But loving the Blackadder link

You could get away with it mate as you come with a Aston Martin :))

Nah, it would just look like he spent all his money on the car and couldn't find decent clothes. :p

Which is very close to the truth :))
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,451MI6 Agent

So much this. Sometimes I wonder if Bond fans ask themselves if they want XYZ because they can rock the outfit? Or if it's just because they saw DC rock it? :)) :)) :))

As someone trying to avoid spoilers and just checking out the set photos every now and again (if only for the outfits lol) I gotta say.... I just can't see myself wearing much of that stuff.

I wouldn't wear that Billy Reid jacket or that (apparently now legendary) cord suit in a million years.

I could possibly see myself rocking those Fear of God Converses from the press conference, until I saw the price on eBay. <$100 and then MAYBE we'll talk. lol

I COULD see myself in those gray jeans and Tommy Bahama shirt... DEFINITELY that Tom Ford suit with the blue tie. But that's about it. So far.

I wish there were more pics of people rocking their Spectre desert outfits, for instance, as the color mismatch looks a little too "sloppy" when looking at the actual clothing pics, but of course, it's an awesome and iconic look as seen in the film.

Before buying Bond clothes, one should ask themselves if they'd wear X Y Z if they saw it at Wal-Mart for $20, NOT because DC is wearing it.

The beauty of Bond (especially Craig Bond) is the color combinations and the simple pieces: cardigan, Harrington jacket, polo, peacoat, linen jacket, leather jacket, suede jacket, etc. Those are the great day to day looks you find alternatives for at Old Navy and Banana Republic, for instance. That Tommy Bahama definitely fits in this category.

So Far, No Time To Die doesn't really have any of this. But I'm hoping to be wowed!

I've liked the NTTD wardrobe better than most people here. Even the now legendary cord suit.

But I agree totally with your point. Unless you're a diehard collector, you should ask yourself the question about whether you'd buy the same piece if you saw it for sale at Walmart (or wherever). And whether the suit or the sunglasses will work for you.
    JTM wrote:
    This might've been discussed already but seeing a picture of this outfit again in the news today made me realise, in my opinion of course, how much better this casual look would've been with a brown belt (that actually utilises the belt loops on the pants) instead of the AT bluish grey braces. I know they're something different—a few of you probably like the look—and heaps will buy them just because Bond wore them (even though most would struggle to find an occasion to wear them), I just think a belt would've looked better. Would've worked with the brown suede boots as well.

I thought the same as well. Would've been great if he wore the BC belt from SP.
  • hcantrellhcantrell CharlottePosts: 170MI6 Agent
    JTM wrote:

Add me to the list of people who think this could be salvaged by the addition of a nice brown leather belt and the subtraction of the suspenders.
    "I don't think the dead care about vengeance."
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,759MI6 Agent
    hcantrell wrote:
    JTM wrote:

Add me to the list of people who think this could be salvaged by the addition of a nice brown leather belt and the subtraction of the suspenders.

I don’t disagree with that. I actually like the shirt, although the button down collar is very questionable for Bond. The braces just smack of Craig and his unusual sense of style bleeding into the Bond wardrobe.

And I think that’s the problem with this wardrobe in general. It’s more “DC street style” than Bond style. I doubt I’ll buy a single item - or even derive any style inspiration - from this film if we continue in this direction. LTK is the only other film in the franchise that falls into that category for me (it’s a great film, though!). Just makes me even more anxious for a new Bond and a different different direction.
    Braces with belt loops? Button down collar? This has to be a disguise. Bond in disguise. Right?
    "That guy is wearing braces with a button down collar, hes obviously not our usually well dressed target James Bond"-henchmen fooled by Bonds disguise in NTTD
  • canoe2canoe2 Posts: 2,007MI6 Agent
    It's beginning sound like Massimo Alba did something to personally offend some folks in here ... :D
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    POW suit is highlight for me!!!

Love it!!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    shilton125 wrote:
    DC sneakers at the press conference are Saint Laurent Bedford in skull-print canvas and at an unbelievable £510.

I aint got them but they are half price if you shop about online! -{
  • armenianmoviemanarmenianmovieman The 818Posts: 674MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    shilton125 wrote:

I aint got them but they are half price if you shop about online! -{

Folks, I was referring to the Jamaica photocall. I should've been more specific.
    Yes. Consssssiderably.
  • JG007JG007 Manchester , United KingdomPosts: 276MI6 Agent
    edited September 2019
    ill be honest, im probably setting myself up for some resistance on my opinion but ive seen nothing yet wardrobe wise to even slightly tempt me to pull the trigger on something or any imitation of any outfit yet.

Im both frustrated and disheartened with what hes worn so far. I was understanding with the Jamaica outfit as it fitted the setting and the "out of service" vibe. It looks like the rest of the wardrobe has followed in a similar direction. I think its lazy, not particularly stylish and nothing that screams Bond for me.

In each of Craig's films so far, there has been more than 1 full outfit that ive bought or had a few pieces from and ive been impressed with how Craig's Bond has been dressed. Tailored, fitting, stylish, modern and some REALLY good casual outfits. So far with NTTD im disappointed as Bond's wardrobe is something i look forward to seeing during the filming and look to find and buy ready for the drop of the film. This blue shirt and trousers that were in the Sun yesterday when Bond kisses Madeline is another weak outfit IMHO which is what prompted this post.
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/9930455/james-bond-daniel-craig-kiss-bond25/

Very underwhelmed, i know its all opinion based and im sure there will be some that do like elements of what we've seen so far but i was hoping for something along the lines of the Varvatos outfit at the end of SP, enjoying death outfit from SF, Haiti outfit from QOS or the Miami airport outfit from CR. Smart casual outfit which centers around a great jacket but a fitted look. Fingers remained crossed and appreciate again its just opinion and there is still more filming yet to take place but all we seem to have seen so far is suits?! I do like suits and think they play a big part in Bond's wardrobe and i happen to really like this suit he wears below, looks excellent and different but overall not great IMHO.

NEW-B25-D36-30-06-2019-13414-Portrait.jpg

-{
  • AugustWalkerAugustWalker Posts: 880MI6 Agent
    This is from over at Mi6. Appears to be a new shirt...

0-E3-D193-E-88-F0-4-FCC-99-F7-8183-BAAECCCF.jpg
    The name is Walker by the way.

IG: @thebondarchives
    Check it out, you won’t be disappointed :)
    Its a jacket
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Its a jacket

Yeah, obviously a jacket with that hem. Some sort of unstructured blouson? Any bets on whether it's merely very expensive ala Orlebar Brown or obscenely expensive ala Brunello Cuccinelli? :D
  • canoe2canoe2 Posts: 2,007MI6 Agent
    Better look at the jacket

NTTD-Blue-Jacket.jpg

Didn't Billy Reid say the sent another jacket for the production? I don't have time to look at their website. But it kind of looks like their Chore Jacket.
    Trousers bear a striking resemblance to the Brunello Cucinellis from Spectre.

With a white (or off-white) henley?
  • 00730073 COPPosts: 1,024MI6 Agent
    This is from over at Mi6. Appears to be a new shirt...

0-E3-D193-E-88-F0-4-FCC-99-F7-8183-BAAECCCF.jpg

I don't if it's my Finnish sensibilities, but that kiss looks a bit forced....Almost as if that woman was walking down a path and DC just jumped in front of her and threw a kiss like a right cross! Maybe we're seeing a return to the SC era "direct action wooing".
    "I mean, she almost kills bond...with her ass."
    -Mr Arlington Beech
  • hcantrellhcantrell CharlottePosts: 170MI6 Agent
    What do you guys think about the fit of the jacket? Obviously these aren't hero shots and he's at an angle. I know we don't want him in clothing so tight it pulls but doesn't that look a tad relaxed?
    "I don't think the dead care about vengeance."
  • sunny01sunny01 Posts: 524MI6 Agent
    Cheverian wrote:
    Trousers bear a striking resemblance to the Brunello Cucinellis from Spectre.

With a white (or off-white) henley?

Massimo alba does an off white henley. I have two of them as I liked them so much. Could be that one if they go with same brand.
  • sunny01sunny01 Posts: 524MI6 Agent
    canoe2 wrote:

NTTD-Blue-Jacket.jpg

Didn't Billy Reid say the sent another jacket for the production? I don't have time to look at their website. But it kind of looks like their Chore Jacket.

BR Chore jacket has chest pocket but this doesn’t.
  • Craigisbond25Craigisbond25 Posts: 37MI6 Agent
    sunny01 wrote:
    canoe2 wrote:

NTTD-Blue-Jacket.jpg

BR Chore jacket has chest pocket but this doesn’t.

I like that jacket, but I think the wardrobe could be better.

Looks like a retro vibe to me in many of these outfits.
    My money is on this $410 henley from BC. You read the price right.

received-412258369643905.jpg

BRUNELLO-CUCINELLI-T-SHIRT-WHITE-THE-HELM-CLOTHING-BRU-5.jpg
  • MrEddy21MrEddy21 LondonPosts: 416MI6 Agent
    Not sure that’s the one to be honest
    Cheverian wrote:

• TennysonTennyson A View to a KillPosts: 606MI6 Agent
    Billy Reid said they sent some Henley’s over as well when interviewed by DZ, although I see there are no short sleeve ones in the current collection
    MrEddy21 wrote:
    Not sure that’s the one to be honest
    Cheverian wrote:

• JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Cheverian wrote:

Oh my, a simple short sleeve henley for $410?! :s
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,771MI6 Agent
    JTM wrote:
    Cheverian wrote:

Oh my, a simple short sleeve henley for $410?! :s

That's so affordable said no one ever!
    I know where you keep your gun!