No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Comments

• CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,450MI6 Agent
    It's likely too that some of the pieces we've seen in set photos will be sized smaller (probably at the Pinewood lots) for "hero shots." I'm thinking of the corduroy suit as one example since it's used during action sequences.

And this is a question for Matt Spaiser, but my understanding of full button three suits is that it's completely appropriate to button the top two buttons. The bottom button one should never fasten, but it's not remotely a faux pas for Bond to wear the jacket the way we're seeing it in the Matera photos.

I understand that some here don't like to see Bond in an unstructured jacket. But the ship already sailed with the Brunello Cucinelli sport coat in Spectre. And lots of people on this board were gaga over that piece of kit.
    canoe2 wrote:
    Seeing grainy photos of Craig standing around on set in a baggy corduroy suit is very different than seeing Bond running around and driving the DB5 through a beautiful Italian town with the editing done and music added, for example.

But those grainy photos of Craig standing around might be a more accurate approximation of what WE'D look like in these clothes. :p

That's another thing. Throughout the series, Craig's physique has allowed him to pull off clothes most of us could never get away with. You have to have a completely flat stomach to wear the Tom Ford Solden blouson without looking like a jelly roll.

Given the incredible shape DC is in for NTTD, I've been surprised that they've put him in so many loose-fitting outfits. I would have thought they'd want to show off his body more. Unstructured jackets and chore coats actually fight against his natural, broad-shouldered silhouette.
  • AugustWalkerAugustWalker Posts: 880MI6 Agent
    Though I like the latest outfit from Italy, the jacket‘s fit screams Grandpa-style :D
    The name is Walker by the way.

IG: @thebondarchives
    Check it out, you won’t be disappointed :)
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent
    Starved for sartorial brass rings to reach for, AJB must turn to unconventional outlets for their manic shopping impulses...

EEmaX9kXkAAXzJI?format=jpg
  • SevenDSevenD Posts: 97MI6 Agent
    So sad but so true
    Though I like the latest outfit from Italy, the jacket‘s fit screams Grandpa-style :D
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Cheverian wrote:
    And this is a question for Matt Spaiser, but my understanding of full button three suits is that it's completely appropriate to button the top two buttons. The bottom button one should never fasten, but it's not remotely a faux pas for Bond to wear the jacket the way we're seeing it in the Matera photos.

With a full button three the top two buttons can be fastened. George Lazenby's button three suits and jackets were cut to be fastened this way, but they also looked good if only fastened at the middle button because the lapel has a pronounced roll (starting at the top button, not the middle). The suits we've seen Daniel Craig wearing are cut for only the middle button to fasten. The Massimo Alba suit is not designed for the top button to fasten, and it does not look good that way because it's pulling the jacket out of the shape it is meant to have. It's a bit of a faux pas to fasten a jacket in a way that doesn't respect the way it is constructed.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • drum007drum007 New York, NYPosts: 684MI6 Agent
    Call me crazy, but I really like this outfit! I think it will look great on screen and “in the moment.” Elements of it have a similar look to what we’ve seen DC wear in Spectre which I like. I think the jacket could certainly be a yet to be released Billy Reid model (Spring?). Alfani for the Henley would not be out of the ordinary, considering the other cheaper brands he’s been wearing. I searched all morning looking for a two button or one button Henley, and that Alfani that Paperbill mentioned is the closest so far.

266-A25-BA-26-BF-432-E-8-BAB-0843-DB74-E724.jpg

A8-E1-E12-B-4-B65-4-C49-B1-C6-B872-A412-BC40.jpg
    Matt S wrote:
    Cheverian wrote:

With a full button three the top two buttons can be fastened. George Lazenby's button three suits and jackets were cut to be fastened this way, but they also looked good if only fastened at the middle button because the lapel has a pronounced roll (starting at the top button, not the middle). The suits we've seen Daniel Craig wearing are cut for only the middle button to fasten. The Massimo Alba suit is not designed for the top button to fasten, and it does not look good that way because it's pulling the jacket out of the shape it is meant to have. It's a bit of a faux pas to fasten a jacket in a way that doesn't respect the way it is constructed.

Thanks, Matt!
  • cederic0011cederic0011 UKPosts: 181MI6 Agent
    edited September 2019
    drum007 wrote:
    Call me crazy, but I really like this outfit! I think it will look great on screen and “in the moment.” Elements of it have a similar look to what we’ve seen DC wear in Spectre which I like. I think the jacket could certainly be a yet to be released Billy Reid model (Spring?). Alfani for the Henley would not be out of the ordinary, considering the other cheaper brands he’s been wearing. I searched all morning looking for a two button or one button Henley, and that Alfani that Paperbill mentioned is the closest so far.

Well, according to my contact at Massimo Alba, these trousers are again from them (SS19 season). They say again in baby cord, but that’s hard to see in photos. However that was also the case originally with the suit ( I think the colour is dove grey, which I think will be very similar to BC Spectre trousers, but that’s my guess).

Features that are consistent with MA are no buttons on back pockets and there is stitching going up to waistband from around middle of rear pocket.

They will be re-released in SS20, but there may be colour variation from those in the film.
  • MrDaltonMrDalton Posts: 62MI6 Agent
    We've seen Craig with the Massimo suit buttoned only on the second button correct? Looks to me (although I def could be wrong) that when he has the top two buttons buttoned, he is by the (spoiler) thing that blows up. Maybe he had special effects rig on underneath or something.
  • hcantrellhcantrell CharlottePosts: 170MI6 Agent
    drum007 wrote:

My only complaint with this look is the fit of the jacket. I wish it was less billowy in the midsection, which would make it less of that grandpa's cardigan fit. I have no clue why a priority of the costuming wouldn't be to show off DC's athletic build that he clearly worked for.
    "I don't think the dead care about vengeance."
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,707MI6 Agent
    hcantrell wrote:
    drum007 wrote:

My only complaint with this look is the fit of the jacket. I wish it was less billowy in the midsection, which would make it less of that grandpa's cardigan fit. I have no clue why a priority of the costuming wouldn't be to show off DC's athletic build that he clearly worked for.

I dunno; it’s got a bit of that 1930s style to it, like the LVC stuff. I quite like it.
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    Judging by the last few pages here I gather that Jany Temime is greatly missed.
  • b25.jpg

:))

So I was feeling really stupid for buying the tommy bahama shirt and the tom ford jeans because of the overall cost, and (assuming) that there would be much better outfits to come...boy was I wrong. It may be for others, so I don't want to bash on them too much. But considering that I'm not a 70+ year old man, I can't pull any of them off. I'm not even curious what the brands are. I haven't read any articles on this but I'm guessing they got a completely different outfit / wardrobe designer. There's no way it's the same person from skyfall or spectre.
  • MFisherMFisher Posts: 746MI6 Agent
    Yeah.. between the boat shoes.. the cord suit with the suspenders... then this blue coat.. it looks like the costume design team just mailed in their designs by randomly picking a page out of a Lands End or LL Bean catalog... I can do the boat shoes because they are comfy in warm weather.. but the rest is very meh...
  • crt007crt007 Posts: 86MI6 Agent
    emtiem wrote:
    hcantrell wrote:
    drum007 wrote:

I dunno; it’s got a bit of that 1930s style to it, like the LVC stuff. I quite like it.

I agree. I like the (cotton-linen) (linen) work shirt quite a bit. Seems like a casual jacket that can work in multiple seasons and replace a blazer or sport coat. Looks similar Drake's line overshirt, maybe RRL. No luck yet on finding any match.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    No Time To Die James Bond Shoes Review

Can a shoe really represent Bond's swagger and attitude? We review the Highbury shoes from Crockett and Jones that Bond wears with his London suits from No Time To Die. Are they action oriented? Are they sleek and sexy? Are they a killer combination? In other words, are they BOND?
    https://youtu.be/pFB0-elArvU

nttd-shoe-4.png
  • hcantrellhcantrell CharlottePosts: 170MI6 Agent
    No Time To Die James Bond Shoes Review

Can a shoe really represent Bond's swagger and attitude? We review the Highbury shoes from Crockett and Jones that Bond wears with his London suits from No Time To Die. Are they action oriented? Are they sleek and sexy? Are they a killer combination? In other words, are they BOND?
    https://youtu.be/pFB0-elArvU

nttd-shoe-4.png

This video went very well with my morning coffee. Thanks David! One day I will finally be able to invest in some C&J's.
    "I don't think the dead care about vengeance."
  • sunny01sunny01 Posts: 524MI6 Agent
    OMG just seen the henchman outfit which I was hoping would be a bit better but the jacket looks like something from the 80s...very Jazzy Jeff and Fresh Prince of BelAir :))
  • Double0zeroDouble0zero Los AngelesPosts: 220MI6 Agent
    MrE wrote:
    b25.jpg

So I was feeling really stupid for buying the tommy bahama shirt and the tom ford jeans because of the overall cost, and (assuming) that there would be much better ..But considering that I'm not a 70+ year old man, I can't pull any of them off. I'm not even curious what the brands are. I haven't read any articles on this but I'm guessing they got a completely different outfit wardrobe designer. There's no way it's the same person from skyfall or spectre.

Yes sadly Jany (Skyfall/ Spectre) sat this one out. Many of us anticipated she would be missed because she sit the bars too high.

the Italian outfits we have seen so far SCREAM Suttirat because this is her style in clothing. Where is DC’s “massive influence” in these questionable choices ? He wears better clothes in real life.

Even this thread used to be crazy active from the past 2 movies with many active hunters , pictures of packages, sizing questions, retail and online store updates . While there is still some action for this, clearly it’s not the same level of participation and excitement.

Personally, I’m happy with my Jamaican outfit (minus the boat shoes). I will just stick to some of the sunglasses and save up for the new Omega watch. As for outfits, I think I have seen enough to get an idea .. meh :#

At this point, I’m just excited for the movie itself :007)
  • AugustWalkerAugustWalker Posts: 880MI6 Agent
    MrE wrote:
    b25.jpg

So I was feeling really stupid for buying the tommy bahama shirt and the tom ford jeans because of the overall cost, and (assuming) that there would be much better ..But considering that I'm not a 70+ year old man, I can't pull any of them off. I'm not even curious what the brands are. I haven't read any articles on this but I'm guessing they got a completely different outfit wardrobe designer. There's no way it's the same person from skyfall or spectre.

Yes sadly Jany (Skyfall/ Spectre) sat this one out. Many of us anticipated she would be missed because she sit the bars too high.

the Italian outfits we have seen so far SCREAM Suttirat because this is her style in clothing. Where is DC’s “massive influence” in these questionable choices ? He wears better clothes in real life.

Even this thread used to be crazy active from the past 2 movies with many active hunters , pictures of packages, sizing questions, retail and online store updates . While there is still some action for this, clearly it’s not the same level of participation and excitement.

Personally, I’m happy with my Jamaican outfit (minus the boat shoes). I will just stick to some of the sunglasses and save up for the new Omega watch. As for outfits, I think I have seen enough to get an idea .. meh :#

At this point, I’m just excited for the movie itself :007)

Basically the same for me. A lot of items are nothing special, like the round Vuarnets (they’re bloody hideous actually), so I‘ll save for the Omega.

Maybe also for the Billy Reid and this blue jacket, but waiting to see them „in action“...
    The name is Walker by the way.

IG: @thebondarchives
    Check it out, you won’t be disappointed :)
  • armenianmoviemanarmenianmovieman The 818Posts: 674MI6 Agent
    drum007 wrote:

Guys, I think Ryan Reynolds and Daniel Craig are exchanging wardrobe ideas....

This must be where Craig/costume designer got the white henley/taupe chino/navy jacket look.

ryan-reynolds-talks-being-a-dad-with-ellen-i-sort-of-miss-being-horrible-01.jpg

ryan-reynolds-talks-being-a-dad-with-ellen-i-sort-of-miss-being-horrible-02.JPG

And we all know where Mr. Reynolds got this look from..... clearly his take on the Matchless Morocco look from Spectre :)) :)) :)) (could never find this suede coat....)

06ryan-reynolds1-facebookJumbo.jpg

merlin_137050974_12095ed5-1587-4424-9789-d9c3ffb47fdc-superJumbo.jpg
    Yes. Consssssiderably.
  • sunny01sunny01 Posts: 524MI6 Agent
    The Henley doesn’t even look good on Ryan Reynolds. I love a decent Henley but I don’t think the fit or material of this are anything to shout about or make me want to hint for this top. Unlike the Henley from The Hangover.

Second outfit he is wearing is very cool and would look great on DC for sure but as you said it’s similar to spectre Morocco outfit. Love the jacket and the colour of the t shirt.
  • armenianmoviemanarmenianmovieman The 818Posts: 674MI6 Agent
    sunny01 wrote:
    The Henley doesn’t even look good on Ryan Reynolds. I love a decent Henley but I don’t think the fit or material of this are anything to shout about or make me want to hint for this top. Unlike the Henley from The Hangover.

Second outfit he is wearing is very cool and would look great on DC for sure but as you said it’s similar to spectre Morocco outfit. Love the jacket and the colour of the t shirt.

That Ryan Reynolds henley outfit really stood out because the color of those chinos is remarkably similar to the Spectre Morocco trouser color, which is quite a tough one to nail down.

And Civilianaire (Hangover henley makers) now apparently haven't updated their site in ages, but their only store is in Santa Barbara.

Fortunately, Buck Mason makes a decent alternative to the Hangover henley... it's only $48, and IIRC, they had a 30% off special in the run-up to Black Friday.

Side Note: I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that Hangover henley was a legendary landmark piece of clothing, almost a game changer in changing how I thought about henleys.

https://www.buckmason.com/products/black-henley

buck-mason-black-pima-curved-hem-henley-1_398d89e9-6757-41d8-87e3-aea85d5d3b94.jpg?v=1567647128
    Yes. Consssssiderably.
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent
    This won't make collectors feel better, and this isn't an invitation to spoilers, but if NTTD is to present a James Bond who's out of the game, the clothing might be a bit of a thematic echo.

Consider: He's hung it up, he's taken off his armor, he no longer feels the need to put on this "007 Costume." It's full circle from CR, where Vesper put him in a different dinner jacket so he would "look like you belong at that table." He's no longer at the table and he's exhaled into a plain 50-year-old man's wardrobe.

Might not be what you're interested in, but narratively it makes sense.
  • hthomashthomas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 833MI6 Agent
    For those interested. Here is a good shot of the new sunglasses.
    9-CF5-EF6-A-3069-4131-A467-381-FAA8-B2146.jpg

E5225-D91-E738-4997-8-BEF-D4690-ACED0-EA.jpg
    instagram.com/dressinglikebond
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    hthomas wrote:
    [img]https:///DWQYCyGN/9-CF5-EF6-A-3069-4131-A467-381-FAA8-B2146.jpg[/img]

Very nice - any still left in stock or still reissue wait?
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    edited September 2019
    I purchased the Drake's Crosby moc-toe chukkas online and they arrived today.

Unfortunately, while I ordered the brown color, I received the tobacco ones by mistake. Or perhaps the retailer thought I wouldn't notice. Who knows?

A couple of observations.

The first is that these boots don't remotely resemble Wallabies. It's a nice bit of fun to say so, but the design is more streamlined than you might expect and the quality seems to be top-notch, based upon my inspection of the stitching and the welts. To my mind they're a lot better looking than the Sanders and Sanders boots from Spectre.

Secondly, they are insanely comfortable. I was wearing my Church Ryder IIIs earlier and it's no contest. The Drakes feel like I'm wearing slippers. (I take a US 10.5 and ordered a UK 10 and the fit is perfect.)

The last thing is this: not having seen the suit in person yet, I'm torn about the color. I have reviewed the photos from the set showing the darker boots, but it seems to me that the tobacco color might have been a better match. They are still plenty brown, but it's a subtler contrast with the sand trousers.

I am tempted to keep these. Then again, the boots aren't cheap ($395), and I was justifying that price in terms of screen accuracy. Of course I have the Ryders if I want a dark brown boot. What do you think?

IMG-1588.jpg

IMG-1589.jpg
  • hthomashthomas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 833MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    hthomas wrote:
    [img]https:///DWQYCyGN/9-CF5-EF6-A-3069-4131-A467-381-FAA8-B2146.jpg[/img]

Very nice - any still left in stock or still reissue wait?

NY store should have some pairs left!
    instagram.com/dressinglikebond
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    This won't make collectors feel better, and this isn't an invitation to spoilers, but if NTTD is to present a James Bond who's out of the game, the clothing might be a bit of a thematic echo.

Consider: He's hung it up, he's taken off his armor, he no longer feels the need to put on this "007 Costume." It's full circle from CR, where Vesper put him in a different dinner jacket so he would "look like you belong at that table." He's no longer at the table and he's exhaled into a plain 50-year-old man's wardrobe.

Might not be what you're interested in, but narratively it makes sense.

Yeah I have a feeling your right - I think a lot of it suits the story i.e. Out of the game, travelling around with Swann.

Jany also had her negatives in my opinion. Pushed a lot of the casual stuff to Tom Ford - I mean there was a hell of a uproar here about a 500 quid polo shirt and Ski pants at the time.

Then we had the Moncler knockoff TF Ski Blouson and then the also copied John Varvatos (sorry Matchless :p ) jacket

SPECTRE ties were rather bland also.

Of course the positive outweighs the negative but there was some strange things and of course Skyfall is when DC really started getting ridiculed for his suit fit which still carries on today despite improvement in NTTD

Anyhow I will reserve judgement until the film release
    Instagram - bondclothes007