No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Comments

• walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    JTM wrote:
    emtiem wrote:
    You guys have a new 007 watch to identify :D

18966354-7508081-image-a-105_1569507396214.jpg

The vest looks like someone's chopped the sleeves and bottom off a Belstaff Trialmaster or Fieldmaster. Not sure if it's something off the shelf or custom work by Suttirat?
    I thought the same as well, that it reminded me of Belstaff. Would be great if we saw Craig's Bond in a similar getup for once.
  • armenianmoviemanarmenianmovieman The 818Posts: 674MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Saw this in Brunello today. Looks like cord suits might be a trend soon.
    20190926-183039.jpg

Yeah I got a email from Sunspel too for Corduroy stuff

Stupid question but.... who sets these trends? Let's say corduroy is "in"..... did Bond make that happen? Did 1 designer at fashion week go with cords this year and then everyone else did? A bit of both? I imagine that the "Bond" effect wouldn't really kick in until the movie is released next spring\summer.......
    Yes. Consssssiderably.
  • Fred007Fred007 Posts: 466MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Saw this in Brunello today. Looks like cord suits might be a trend soon.
    20190926-183039.jpg

Yeah I got a email from Sunspel too for Corduroy stuff

Stupid question but.... who sets these trends? Let's say corduroy is "in"..... did Bond make that happen? Did 1 designer at fashion week go with cords this year and then everyone else did? A bit of both? I imagine that the "Bond" effect wouldn't really kick in until the movie is released next spring\summer.......

I suppose brands designers decided at least one year ago that Corduroy would be "fashion" this fall/winter. Sutirat certainly knows that as she works in fashion industry so she decided to put some Corduroy on Bond and when the movie will be released, Bond will be 100% fashion !!!
  • ichaiceichaice LondonPosts: 594MI6 Agent
    For me corduroy....never left :))
    Yes. Considerably!
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    ichaice wrote:
    For me corduroy....never left :))

Now that it's in fashion and Bond has worn it, I can finally wear the tan corduroy suit I've had for a decade. :p
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • lippelippe Posts: 134MI6 Agent
    Stupid question but.... who sets these trends? Let's say corduroy is "in"..... did Bond make that happen?

Designers, design houses, and print houses from the Conde Nast stable typically meet a few seasons in advance to determine what fabrics and ideas they will promote when the season comes. That's why you see a whole slew of designers suddenly releasing similar concepts.
  • SevenDSevenD Posts: 97MI6 Agent
    And this one is perfect. Absolutely stunning! It is far away from SA: Pockets, 2 Buttons, shape etc...
    But: I wear suits every working day and I am a huge Suitsupply fan. Most of my suits are from Suitsupply. MTM, Custom made and regular retail.
    And I have to say: I tried this one on and I fell in love: Fits perfectly (I am 184cm tall, 80 kg, bought a size 50). The cloth is so soft, the suit drapes perfectly. Even the vest (that I don`t need) fits perfectly.
    The suit is a real stunner. I had to buy it.
    I also put myself on the list of the reissue of the Massimo Alba. But I think I will cancel that preorder. I don`t know about the three buttons and the way the Massimo Alba suit drapes written by some members. Concerning my body shape, a corduroy suit can`t simply fit better than the one from Suitsupply.

Verdict:
    If you are not hunting a screen accurate suit and want a slim fit corduroy suit, go for the Suitsupply one. Look no further. It is a sharp suit. A really, really sharp suit. You gotta have that in your wardrobe...
    kadd wrote:
  • TravelerTraveler NYCPosts: 65MI6 Agent
    SevenD wrote:
    And this one is perfect. Absolutely stunning! It is far away from SA: Pockets, 2 Buttons, shape etc...
    But: I wear suits every working day and I am a huge Suitsupply fan. Most of my suits are from Suitsupply. MTM, Custom made and regular retail.
    And I have to say: I tried this one on and I fell in love: Fits perfectly (I am 184cm tall, 80 kg, bought a size 50). The cloth is so soft, the suit drapes perfectly. Even the vest (that I don`t need) fits perfectly.
    The suit is a real stunner. I had to buy it.
    I also put myself on the list of the reissue of the Massimo Alba. But I think I will cancel that preorder. I don`t know about the three buttons and the way the Massimo Alba suit drapes written by some members. Concerning my body shape, a corduroy suit can`t simply fit better than the one from Suitsupply.
    Plus, the trousers (pants) have side adjusters (tabs) and not belt loops, so you don’t look like a complete nob with the braces (suspenders)... will be checking this one out ASAP
    Verdict:
    If you are not hunting a screen accurate suit and want a slim fit corduroy suit, go for the Suitsupply one. Look no further. It is a sharp suit. A really, really sharp suit. You gotta have that in your wardrobe...
    kadd wrote:

Plus, the trousers (pants) have side adjusters (tabs) and not belt loops, so you don’t look like a complete nob with the braces (suspenders)... will be checking this one out ASAP
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,450MI6 Agent
    What is the best photograph any one has seen of the Matera tie?

Could you share it?

In some pictures it appears burgundy (which I believe it to be) and in other it's closer to a red-brown. It has diagonal blue checks. Plus other checks of indeterminate color.

I've searched a lot of the usual suspects (TF, obviously, BC, T&A) with no luck. It could just be it's the SS20line. But I'm beginning to wonder if it might be one of Craig's preferred brands. Where had he bought ties in the past?
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Ive given up. Ive literally searched all over for that tie online.

Looked at top designers to budget crap.

Many hours wasted!!!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • Obi Sean KenobiObi Sean Kenobi Posts: 215MI6 Agent
    Preach brother. That’s where I’m at too.

Looked everywhere and can’t find the damn tie!
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Ive given up. Ive literally searched all over for that tie online.

Looked at top designers to budget crap.

Many hours wasted!!!
  • Victor BVictor B Posts: 489MI6 Agent
    I just can agree as I did also spent lots of time myself and didn’t find anything even close to it. To me it’s definitely burgundy with apparently black and light blue or even grey ish dots.
  • cederic0011cederic0011 UKPosts: 181MI6 Agent
    Massimo Alba have agreed to do a special order of the NTTD “steps” trousers in the correct colour code and style, from their SS19 range. Whilst there will be a similar colour in their SS20 range it will not be SA. To do this we will need to order 20 pairs between us.

If you want to sign up to order a pair, please see the Sale or Trade postings and you will find full details there( so I have not repeated here!): NTTD Massimo Alba - “Steps” Trousers Special Order
    869-BD9-E6-F974-45-FE-9382-698-AF251-B21-C.jpg
  • bondfan10bondfan10 Posts: 79MI6 Agent
    Fellas.

On an unrelated note, was thinking about buying the BP Norton sunglasses, but had some questions.

1. Will they actually be seen in the film? Or was DC just wearing them in between takes?
    2. Do any of you guys own them? How are they?

Cheers
  • hthomashthomas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 833MI6 Agent
    bondfan10 wrote:
    Fellas.

On an unrelated note, was thinking about buying the BP Norton sunglasses, but had some questions.

1. Will they actually be seen in the film? Or was DC just wearing them in between takes?

Cheers

They will be in the film and they are amazing! I know myself and a few others here love them. My personal favorite so far.
    instagram.com/dressinglikebond
  • SevenDSevenD Posts: 97MI6 Agent
    I have tried them on in store. Great quality and a nice size. I think it will suit most faces. I did not buy them as I was also unsure if they would appear finally in the movie.
    hthomas wrote:
    bondfan10 wrote:
    Fellas.

Cheers

They will be in the film and they are amazing! I know myself and a few others here love them. My personal favorite so far.
  • cederic0011cederic0011 UKPosts: 181MI6 Agent
    Cheverian wrote:
    What is the best photograph any one has seen of the Matera tie?

Could you share it?

In some pictures it appears burgundy (which I believe it to be) and in other it's closer to a red-brown. It has diagonal blue checks. Plus other checks of indeterminate color.

I've searched a lot of the usual suspects (TF, obviously, BC, T&A) with no luck. It could just be it's the SS20line. But I'm beginning to wonder if it might be one of Craig's preferred brands. Where had he bought ties in the past?
    C1-FB7023-C728-4-BBF-8609-57-BB937-CCBB0.jpg
  • lotusguy2001lotusguy2001 Posts: 132MI6 Agent
    Will take a better pic soon just throwing this up. I’ve had this tie for years I know it’s not exactly the same but it’s darn close
    452-B47-A6-D1-D1-40-C4-9-DF0-418-B560-E27-B2.jpg
    Will take a better pic soon just throwing this up. I’ve had this tie for years I know it’s not exactly the same but it’s darn close
    452-B47-A6-D1-D1-40-C4-9-DF0-418-B560-E27-B2.jpg

Not bad. Who is the manufacturer?
  • lotusguy2001lotusguy2001 Posts: 132MI6 Agent
    Here’s a better, I’ve had this since probably high school and I’m 40. I always thought it was Brosnan like at the time ironically. It’s at least silk: it’s from Tommy Hilfiger, it’s really close except the direction the symbols run. B1-F837-FF-3172-4-AF7-A03-E-A94-C626-C1-FF8.jpg
  • LlafyksLlafyks Posts: 237MI6 Agent
    Does anyone know if we have some 'Royal' members on here?

Here's the Sussex's take on the Matera look.

image.jpg
  • Bond_AmbitionsBond_Ambitions Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 460MI6 Agent
    I spent some time today looking for the Matera tie to no avail. However, found this interesting tie listed on ebay:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-ISAIA-Mens-Sepia-Brown-Polka-Dot-Silk-Blend-Neck-Tie-235/223490810945?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20160908105057%26meid%3Dc0a6bac70d794ced84a7ab78259ae500%26pid%3D100675%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D15%26sd%3D223490810945%26itm%3D223490810945%26pmt%3D1%26noa%3D1%26pg%3D2481888&_trksid=p2481888.c100675.m4236&_trkparms=pageci%3A2d053dd1-e369-11e9-af8f-74dbd18073a2%7Cparentrq%3A819d874816d0a9e53844e93eff72cb09%7Ciid%3A1

s-l1600.jpg

Obviously wrong colours, but the pattern looks very close if not the same. The two tones of polka dots, shape and size of dots, space between dots, and 'diagonal direction' (not sure how else to describe it) goes up from left to right.

Also, pay attention to the fleecy texture of the base tone, seems to match IMO.

I haven't yet found a brown/ burgundy colour version.

This brand 'Isaia' matches the Italian profile (Massimo & Brunello). They seem to specialize in ties, its possible they made this tie specially for the NTTD costume department.
  • hcantrellhcantrell CharlottePosts: 170MI6 Agent
    Massimo Alba have agreed to do a special order of the NTTD “steps” trousers in the correct colour code and style, from their SS19 range. Whilst there will be a similar colour in their SS20 range it will not be SA. To do this we will need to order 20 pairs between us.

If you want to sign up to order a pair, please see the Sale or Trade postings and you will find full details there( so I have not repeated here!): NTTD Massimo Alba - “Steps” Trousers Special Order
    869-BD9-E6-F974-45-FE-9382-698-AF251-B21-C.jpg

Do you know what the price point would be for these?
    "I don't think the dead care about vengeance."
  • canoe2canoe2 Posts: 2,007MI6 Agent
    I spent some time today looking for the Matera tie to no avail. However, found this interesting tie listed on ebay:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-ISAIA-Mens-Sepia-Brown-Polka-Dot-Silk-Blend-Neck-Tie-235/223490810945?_trkparms=aid%3D111001%26algo%3DREC.SEED%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20160908105057%26meid%3Dc0a6bac70d794ced84a7ab78259ae500%26pid%3D100675%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D15%26sd%3D223490810945%26itm%3D223490810945%26pmt%3D1%26noa%3D1%26pg%3D2481888&_trksid=p2481888.c100675.m4236&_trkparms=pageci%3A2d053dd1-e369-11e9-af8f-74dbd18073a2%7Cparentrq%3A819d874816d0a9e53844e93eff72cb09%7Ciid%3A1

s-l1600.jpg

Obviously wrong colours, but the pattern looks very close if not the same. The two tones of polka dots, shape and size of dots, space between dots, and 'diagonal direction' (not sure how else to describe it) goes up from left to right.

Also, pay attention to the fleecy texture of the base tone, seems to match IMO.

I haven't yet found a brown/ burgundy colour version.

This brand 'Isaia' matches the Italian profile (Massimo & Brunello). They seem to specialize in ties, its possible they made this tie specially for the NTTD costume department.

That looks a good match! And Isaia would make sense as you said. It's actually a very big design house like Brioni, Zegna or Kiton and they make a full range of menswear from jackets and coats to suits and shirts to casual wear. So I wouldn't be surprised if that tie in burgundy was available off the rack and it's just difficult to find it.

Edit to add: Isaia also uses cashmere or wool with silk blends for their ties. So the fabric is probably something like that.
  • Bond_AmbitionsBond_Ambitions Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 460MI6 Agent
    cheers canoe2.
    The listing description says its a 70% silk 30% wool blend and 'medium weight'. Also mentions its 3.5" wide.

I think the both dot colours might be the same for both ties, with only the base colour being different.
  • canoe2canoe2 Posts: 2,007MI6 Agent
    cheers canoe2.
    The listing description says its a 70% silk 30% wool blend and 'medium weight'. Also mentions its 3.5" wide.

I think the both dot colours might be the same for both ties, with only the base colour being different.

Looks like the tie you found is from Fall/Winter 2018. It's in the Isaia lookbook for that season.

FW18_Lookbook_11_dx.gif

if that image doesn't work, the model wearing the tie is about 1/3 of the way down the page.

https://us.isaia.it/fall-winter-2018-lookbook

I'm not finding it so far. But it's possible it was a special color make-up for one of the larger department stores (Barneys, Neiman Marcus, Selfridges). That happens a lot. Checked the listing you shared. Very cool that it's a 7 Fold!
    I just did a deep dive into Isaia's ties and it's certainly an intriguing possibility. In addition to the elements Bond_Ambitions noted, Isaia makes a number of "burgundy" ties that are darker than those made by other manufacturers. Some walk the line between burgundy and dark chocolate. One of the notable things about the SA tie is how brownish it can look. I have a feeling that when we finally see it, it won't be a gaudy maroon but something more subtle, perhaps owing to the texture.
  • Victor BVictor B Posts: 489MI6 Agent
    I am sure there will be surprises when we get to see the actual tie. I start to think the dots might not be dots but squares. Perhaps I am losing the perspective after so many hours investing in finding the tie. Funny enough this is the closest I could get so far. :))

06-CE6-F57-3-E33-4-E98-BE25-4-D287541624-F.jpg
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    At one point I thought one dot / square looked like a heart :)
    Instagram - bondclothes007