No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Comments

• Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,759MI6 Agent
    With all of the high quality tactical clothing out there, it would be pretty silly for them to put Bond in noisy ski pants. That said, I’ve been so underwhelmed by this costume designer’s choices that nothing would surprise me at this point.
  • TennysonTennyson A View to a KillPosts: 606MI6 Agent
    There not these,

https://www.511tactical.com/xprt-waterproof-pant.html

But there are similar features (water prof zips, suspender loops), so a waterproof tactical pant I think.
  • canoe2canoe2 Posts: 2,007MI6 Agent
    With all of the high quality tactical clothing out there, it would be pretty silly for them to put Bond in noisy ski pants. That said, I’ve been so underwhelmed by this costume designer’s choices that nothing would surprise me at this point.

Well, to be fair, Logic hasn't played a big role in the Bond costume department's decision making process for quite a while now. There is tactical cold weather gear. I just used the Rossi pants to show some of the details I've found on many ski pants (wider waistband, suspenders, cargo pockets on the front).

Then again they could be part of Tom Ford's or Cucinelli's upcoming ski line ... :D
    im now thinking they might be motorcycle pants....
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    canoe2 wrote:
    Well, to be fair, Logic hasn't played a big role in the Bond costume department's decision making process for quite a while now.

Craig's Bond wearing a suede jacket in Morocco.

Brosnan's Bond storming Elektra King's stronghold in a linen suit with loafers.

To quote Fernando Lamas, "It is better to look good than to feel good."
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    canoe2 wrote:
    Well, to be fair, Logic hasn't played a big role in the Bond costume department's decision making process for quite a while now.

Bond often wears jackets in hot places when regular people wouldn't because they help conceal his PPK. There must be cooler options than suede, though I have heard people say that unlined suede is comfortable in heat. I have no personal experience wearing suede jackets.

Bond dressing inappropriately goes back to him scaling the Whyte House in a dinner suit in Diamonds Are Forever. Maybe he just wanted to be well-dressed for meeting Willard Whyte, but even in the context it makes little sense.

Some things sound crazy but actually make more sense than you'd think. His dinner jacket under a wetsuit in Goldfinger was done by a real Dutch spy in World War II, so that one isn't as crazy as it seems!
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • M.lucaM.luca Posts: 16MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    canoe2 wrote:

Bond often wears jackets in hot places when regular people wouldn't because they help conceal his PPK. There must be cooler options than suede, though I have heard people say that unlined suede is comfortable in heat. I have no personal experience wearing suede jackets.

Bond dressing inappropriately goes back to him scaling the Whyte House in a dinner suit in Diamonds Are Forever. Maybe he just wanted to be well-dressed for meeting Willard Whyte, but even in the context it makes little sense.

Some things sound crazy but actually make more sense than you'd think. His dinner jacket under a wetsuit in Goldfinger was done by a real Dutch spy in World War II, so that one isn't as crazy as it seems!

I believe that reality in a movie is put aside, just think at the nice, at least for me, choice for the Austrian scene in Sölden: pictures of Craig not filming saw him wearing a parka over the Tom Ford bomber, wich to me means he wasn’t warm enough with the screen outfit.

Ciao

edited October 2019
    I can accept Bond wearing tailored clothing in inappropriate situations because, as others have pointed out, he has a long history of doing it. That said, one of the things I liked about CR and QoS was that the wardrobe choices were one of the elements that helped make Bond feel more realistic again and less like a caricature.

The trouble with a tactical outfit that isn’t comprised of real tactical clothing is that it smacks of either laziness or stupidity on the part of the costume designer because there is so much mainstream tactical clothing available. That said, we don’t know what he’s actually wearing. So this discussion is premature.
  • cederic0011cederic0011 UKPosts: 181MI6 Agent
    For the Henley, it looks very similar to DC favourite of Rag and Bone Classic Henley, what used to be their "Standard Issue". All of the following features seem consistent with R&B with the possible question marks highlighted below.

So details of the Henley DC is wearing:
    1. 3 button (possibly a fourth though on separate collar material, which if so, would rule out R&B);
    2. Placket looks of different material to rest of garment;
    3. Marked ridge down side of placket - this exists on R&B garments from way placket is stitched, but does normally appear as marked as this, though some fastidious ironing might have helped cause this!;
    4. A slub cotton jersey (R&B), or possibly slub linen-cotton material;
    5. Though the wrists are rolled up, you can see the vertical lines of the cuffs contrasting with main material;
    6. Stitched on collar (though can't quite make out whether there is a button hole in the stitched on material - or just the stitching creating shadows - if there is a button hole in this material then its not R&B));
    7. Buttons on placket white with 4 holes for stitching on. Only issue here is R&B seems to have black edges to some of their buttons and the top button - edge is clearly white on the picture, so again this may be  a reason to discount R&B;
    8. Normal sleeve attachment, with stitching down length of sleeve consistent with R&B

IMG-0132.jpg

Picture of an old Standard Issue R&B henley of mine (same style as the indigo one he wore in some photo shoots some time back). This is a few years old, so not current, but provides some comparison:
    2613-E271-CCCE-44-A7-8422-02808-E946-B98.jpg

And the current Classic Henley from R&B - this generally does not seem to change with the seasons:
    57-E95-BF5-4972-44-E4-959-A-CFF5647-B2-C2-E.jpg

I am awaiting a response from R&B, but being a Sunday would not expect anything today.

What do people think, any other contenders?

Billy Reid, John Varvatos, from current season at least, do not seem to fit the requirements above.

Did anyone get anywhere with short sleeve, 2 button Henley in Matera ? The closest I could find was an Anderson and Sheppard Henley, which would have been entertaining if correct as Drakes, Connolly and Anderson and Sheppard are less than 50m from one another, but alas, whilst the features were right A&S said the neck line was wrong for their SS19 Henley.
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,450MI6 Agent
    In David Z's "Bond Experience" vlog at Billy Reid, New York, the sales rep said they sent some henleys to the NTTD costume department. That doesn't mean Suttirat used them, though.
  • cederic0011cederic0011 UKPosts: 181MI6 Agent
    edited October 2019
    Rag and Bone have responded and they do not think it’s theirs...(though there is always risk, that someone in the online team, does not know!)

So anyway, the hunt is still on...

Can anyone with a Billy Reid connection check to see if they recognise it as one of theirs?
  • Bond_AmbitionsBond_Ambitions Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 460MI6 Agent
    edited October 2019
    Could be this one. Billy Reid 'Pensacola' slub henley.
    https://www.nordstromrack.com/shop/product/1281426/billy-reid-pensacola-slub-henley?color=BLACK-WALNUT

4153278.jpg?interpolation=lanczos-none&downsize=434:650&output-quality=90&output-format=jpeg
    4153279.jpg?interpolation=lanczos-none&downsize=434:650&output-quality=90&output-format=jpeg

See pics of the brown and navy versions, details much more visible. The placket might be too narrow to be accurate.
    I believe the screen used one is also four buttons.
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    The other colors clearly show four buttons. It could just be the exposure of the white pictures washing out one of the buttons. All of my Billy Reid Pensacola polos and henleys have four buttons.
  • Bond_AmbitionsBond_Ambitions Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 460MI6 Agent
    yeah I know. just edited the word also into that last line.
  • BraxoBraxo Posts: 45MI6 Agent
    Tennyson wrote:
    There not these,

https://www.511tactical.com/xprt-waterproof-pant.html

But there are similar features (water prof zips, suspender loops), so a waterproof tactical pant I think.

The photo made me recall another manufacturer of "tactical pants" that sent out an email blast on Friday - https://tripleaughtdesign.com/shop/aspect-rs-pant/

Not the match, but similar aspects.

But as other posters have suggested, with what looks like a side venting zipper on Daniel's pants - it reminded me of my snowboarding pants.
  • kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent
    Came across these ski pants and saw some similar features to the photo. Cargo packets, braces but also two buttons on a wider waistband. The ones DC is wearing the buttons are off centre, but a few similarities so maybe ski pants is the right track

https://www.canadagoose.com/ca/en/tundra-cargo-pant-4811M.html?cgid=shop-mens-pants#start=1&cgid=shop-mens-pants

3-F79-B168-8448-4-FBF-9268-071-DF73-A0053.jpg
  • drum007drum007 New York, NYPosts: 684MI6 Agent
    I bet this outfit will be in the Norway/snow scene and that there is a winter jacket of some sort that completes this look. Similar to the Solden outfit.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    drum007 wrote:
    I bet this outfit will be in the Norway/snow scene and that there is a winter jacket of some sort that completes this look. Similar to the Solden outfit.

That makes the most sense. I can't imagine any other reason Bond would be going out in this look.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • drum007drum007 New York, NYPosts: 684MI6 Agent
    edited October 2019
    DC off the plane at JFK this morning. Another look at the henley, if it’s the same one. Those buttons look Rag and Bone to me.

039-C60-A7-87-EF-4-DEE-A585-321406-A85519.jpg

D1-F8-A62-A-E710-4-D1-E-B19-B-724-D938-A593-D.jpg
    drum007 wrote:
    DC off the plane at JFK this morning. Another look at the henley, if it’s the same one. Those buttons look Rag and Bone to me.

039-C60-A7-87-EF-4-DEE-A585-321406-A85519.jpg

D1-F8-A62-A-E710-4-D1-E-B19-B-724-D938-A593-D.jpg

Definitely Rag and Bone but is it the Henley from the movie still?
  • richmenstoysrichmenstoys GermanyPosts: 1,482MI6 Agent
    Bogner Ski Pants -{
    162mc3
    **everybody needs a hobby**
    https://www.instagram.com/wearitlikebond/
  • CajunCajun Posts: 483MI6 Agent
    Bogner Ski Pants -{
    They're definitely ski pants.

Nothing about the ensemble overtly screams 'tactical.' Yes, he's probably doing something tactical, "look at the belt and the pants are black and have cargo pockets," blah, blah, blah.

It's just not tactical clothing.
    I edit, therefore I am.
    Cajun wrote:
    Bogner Ski Pants -{

Nothing about the ensemble overtly screams 'tactical.' Yes, he's probably doing something tactical, "look at the belt and the pants are black and have cargo pockets," blah, blah, blah.

It’s not in the literal sense, but is it meant to pass as tactical? I think it’s the set pictures of Lashana Lynch wearing similar items that has caused many of us to assume that this is a related outfit. Perhaps not. But if there is a skiing scene, is it not odd that nobody knows about it? Typically things filmed outside get spotted. Unless it was filmed secretly somehow.
    Snowmobiles would be another possibility.
  • CajunCajun Posts: 483MI6 Agent
    It’s not in the literal sense, but is it meant to pass as tactical? I think it’s the set pictures of Lashana Lynch wearing similar items that has caused many of us to assume that this is a related outfit.
    Sure, anything's possible. But there's no black polo, vest, or Tactleneck so major fail if it WAS intended as tacticool. :))
    I edit, therefore I am.
    Cajun wrote:
    Bogner Ski Pants -{

Call me a sentimental old fool, but I think it would have been great if they'd gone with Bogner for any winter wear. ;)
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    It seems N Peal are now an official Bond product partner, they s time they have been asked to produce knitwear items for Bond and Swann. From Yorkshire with Love
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    Cajun wrote:
    Bogner Ski Pants -{

It’s not in the literal sense, but is it meant to pass as tactical? I think it’s the set pictures of Lashana Lynch wearing similar items that has caused many of us to assume that this is a related outfit. Perhaps not. But if there is a skiing scene, is it not odd that nobody knows about it? Typically things filmed outside get spotted. Unless it was filmed secretly somehow.

Initially I thought tactical pants, then motorcycle pants but having spent far to long with google image search, in convinced they are ski pants. With the big wheels behind, it does remind me of OHMSS when Bond is escaping via the cable..
  • 00730073 COPPosts: 1,024MI6 Agent
    Well, "Tactical" is a matter of function. Look at all those fishing vests and Sprayway shirts that the Tactlbearded people wear..... with jeans and sneakers.

One must not forget the Blue Anorak Bond wore for the assault on Piz Gloria. Nothing that would scream TACTICAL!!!: no velcro, no buckles, just one zipper, and yet perfectly suitable for the tactical work that needed to be done.

Which brings to mind; do you think that there will be a day when we see Bond with a dirty backwards ball cap?
    "I mean, she almost kills bond...with her ass."
    -Mr Arlington Beech
    Hi all!
    I've just published a post on the website about alternatives for the long sleeve Henley Bond's wearing in the Empire Magazine post. I haven't found an exact match yet, but it's a decent round-up of what's on the market that comes close.

https://www.iconicalternatives.com/2019/10/31/the-no-time-to-die-long-sleeve-henley/

Have a great day!
    John