No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Comments

• urhashurhash USPosts: 983MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    Little rumour at present but not TF suits... Cant say who the replacement is yet tho... Would cause issues for my source

NICE. :D
  • canoe2canoe2 Posts: 2,007MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    Little rumour at present but not TF suits... Cant say who the replacement is yet tho... Would cause issues for my source

Since Bond may no longer have his MI6 expense account, I'm going to guess it's Marks & Spencer or Men's Wearhouse ...
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,516MI6 Agent
    Lets just say its a surprise, well was to me... Unfortunately not a whole lot different price range depending on the line used
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    That would be shocking if true. I figured TF would be Bond's suit maker for the rest of Craig's tenure.
  • TimeyswirlsTimeyswirls Posts: 134MI6 Agent
    "Depending on the line used" makes me worried he's going to be running around in zany colored Paul Smith suits :))
  • AugustWalkerAugustWalker Posts: 880MI6 Agent
    Maybe it is thom sweeney, At least his suit fitted Craig at the press conference ;)
    The name is Walker by the way.

IG: @thebondarchives
    Check it out, you won’t be disappointed :)
  • mallory5mallory5 Posts: 74MI6 Agent
    Or possibly brunello cucinelli?!
    Maybe it is thom sweeney, At least his suit fitted Craig at the press conference ;)

Our expectations for Bonds clothing has fallen so low. :))
    007JBDCMWR wrote:

Did the choice make sense when you heard it, or was it a bit of a head scratcher when you found out?
    urhash wrote:
    007JBDCMWR wrote:

Did the choice make sense when you heard it, or was it a bit of a head scratcher when you found out?

Not sure really, it was a bit out of the blue...

But I think we will see a slightly more traditional fit that will delight Matt

• The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    There may be another suit maker additionally but TF is back, and with suits.....
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    urhash wrote:
    007JBDCMWR wrote:

• Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,759MI6 Agent
    There may be another suit maker additionally but TF is back, and with suits.....
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    urhash wrote:

Wow. The plot thickens!
    I guess its like Spectre when there was lots of "we have pieces on Bond" claims from Matchless / Neil Barrett etc etc...

The costume team were in TF London appt after my fitting (which I booked in on off chance it was DC himself)...

But if David says TF are in I bow to his sources.

I'll spill what I heard. Ralph Lauren had bagged the suiting (wanting to re-invent their high end menswear and seperate it from the discounted lines / outlets etc)...

And that came from within TF and a source in RL ho...

So maybe its just one piece they are supplying? Personally hope so as TF sort of sits with DC for me now...

• The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Only "reporting" what was told/done within the TF NYC establishment, and some time ago as well....

I am sure we will find out soon enough.... :)

For the record I am a fan of RL as well!
  • kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent
    Maybe the different brands are for other characters? Like in Spectre Timothy Everest was used for the suits for M, Hinx etc
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Surely RL would be a better suit for Leiter? I've always found the Brand as typically American where as TF does take a lot of inspiration from Europe.
    At first I thought we might see some Burberry suits when I first read Marks post.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • ichaiceichaice LondonPosts: 594MI6 Agent
    I wonder how the Thom Sweeney suits at the reveal came about. Were DC and Cary both wearing the same suit?
    Yes. Considerably!
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    ichaice wrote:
    I wonder how the Thom Sweeney suits at the reveal came about. Were DC and Cary both wearing the same suit?

Nah - they are diff suits (fabric wise anyhow)

Believe not the first time DC worn TS (as per past posts from whats daniel wearing) as well as Burberry, Brunello etc so would not read too much into it regarding Bond
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • canoe2canoe2 Posts: 2,007MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    I guess its like Spectre when there was lots of "we have pieces on Bond" claims from Matchless / Neil Barrett etc etc...

The costume team were in TF London appt after my fitting (which I booked in on off chance it was DC himself)...

But if David says TF are in I bow to his sources.

I'll spill what I heard. Ralph Lauren had bagged the suiting (wanting to re-invent their high end menswear and seperate it from the discounted lines / outlets etc)...

And that came from within TF and a source in RL ho...

So maybe its just one piece they are supplying? Personally hope so as TF sort of sits with DC for me now...

If it's RL it would have to be their Purple Label line. They're made in Italy by St. Andrews I think. But RL doesn't really say "Bond" to me. Maybe I just don't see the brand as being exclusive enough. Could definitely work for Felix though, as Chriscoop said.
    Their "handmade" line is right up there in fairness. Similar pricing to TF etc

Think the purple line would be too mainstream as would need to be mtm etc

• Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,759MI6 Agent
    edited April 2019
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Surely RL would be a better suit for Leiter? I've always found the Brand as typically American where as TF does take a lot of inspiration from Europe.
    At first I thought we might see some Burberry suits when I first read Marks post.

You are correct that RL’s clothing generally has American influences. But their suits are actually cut with more English-influences than American, at least to my eye. Ultimately, I don’t care who makes the suits (within reason). I care what they look like on screen. TF, for all of its exclusivity and quality, looked like trash the last two films. I’ll take a classically styled RL suit over a sausage-casing TF 10 times out of 10.
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:

You are correct that RL’s clothing generally has American influences. But their suits are actually cut with more English-influences than American, at least to my eye. Ultimately, I don’t care who makes the suits (within reason). I care what they look like on screen. TF, for all of its exclusivity and quality, looked like trash the last two films. I’ll take a classically styled RL suit over a sausage-casing TF 10 times out of 10.
    Agreed, just well fitted suits would be a welcome return.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Damn it. Would of been a great watch reveal if opposite arm lol
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,771MI6 Agent
    edited April 2019
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Damn it. Would of been a great watch reveal if opposite arm lol

This is the best image I could find for his watch. It definitely looks like a dive watch on a nato strap but it's hard to tell which color the strap is but my guess is gray.

P.S. how is everyone able to get your uploaded images to show up in a larger format?

12857592-6971817-image-a-92-1556539406820.jpg
    I know where you keep your gun!
  • apple8apple8 London,UKPosts: 140MI6 Agent
    Any ideas on the Sunglasses, Don't look like Tom Ford which is surprising, little feminine looking :#
  • MikeG77MikeG77 Posts: 1,771MI6 Agent
    apple8 wrote:
    Any ideas on the Sunglasses, Don't look like Tom Ford which is surprising, little feminine looking :#

I definitely do not like those sunglasses and I agree they do look a little feminine. I'm wondering if sunglasses are from Person?
    I know where you keep your gun!
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Now we're talking—very nice casual outfit. Seems like it wouldn't be too hard at all to replicate seeing as everything's pretty basic.