No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Comments

• HG1940HG1940 Posts: 59MI6 Agent
    Cajun wrote:
    Fred007 wrote:
    I read the previous posts Cajun but honestly, when you guys are talking with technical words, my english is not sufficient to understand everything :# :)
    Understood, Fred. Basically, the front and rear offset (angled) iron sights are mounted on the forend (front grip), which places them too close together for optimal effectiveness.

Second, the forend contacts the rifle's barrel, which for a few reasons makes it unsuitable for mounting any type of precision sighting device.

Finally, the offset iron sights are unnecessarily redundant since the rifle has a standard fixed front sight. The typical configuration would be a rear folding iron sight placed behind the EOTech optic. The folding rear sight is used in conjunction with the fixed front sight in the event the EOTech fails.

Hope this helps!

Very well explained. I wish I could explain things this good myself.

regards
  • CajunCajun Posts: 483MI6 Agent
    HG1940 wrote:
    Very well explained. I wish I could explain things this good myself.

regards
    -{
    I edit, therefore I am.
    Fred007 wrote:
    That sounds good Cajun. Thank you very much for the explanation, I've got it now {[]
    {[]
    I edit, therefore I am.
  • 005005 Posts: 138MI6 Agent
    Can't seem to search the 110 pages of this thread...

Have the gloves in the poster of Bond in his n. peal getup been identified?
  • TennysonTennyson A View to a KillPosts: 606MI6 Agent
    005 wrote:

Yep, Mil Tec - check my post 2544
  • MichaelLynadyMichaelLynady Posts: 39MI6 Agent
    005 wrote:

FYI - most sizes are out of stock and Mil-Tec has stated roughly 4 weeks for restock
  • 005005 Posts: 138MI6 Agent
    Tennyson wrote:
    005 wrote:

Thanks!

Wow they're super cheap too. Surprising.
  • NoiNoi Posts: 705MI6 Agent
    005 wrote:
    Tennyson wrote:
    005 wrote:

Thanks!

Wow they're super cheap too. Surprising.

I've got a pair Size Large if someone is interested pm me please, 11 € + Shipping
  • DB6DB6 EnglandPosts: 1,196MI6 Agent
    Having looked at the trousers on the Sloop suit and comparing them with the suit in the London Film Museum (Bond in Motion), I wonder if the costume department have tailored the legs on the suit to make them a slimmer fit/narrower in the leg.

Any thoughts?
    My name has changed! I’m no longer dufus......now I’m DB6
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,155MI6 Agent
    Just paid my customs bill of £182 !!! :# from the stag delivery , finally getting my jackets tomorrow.
    DB6 what was the process to try and get some back if possible , really appreciate your help on this.
    cheers
    007 reporting for duty
  • Bond_AmbitionsBond_Ambitions Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 460MI6 Agent
    I would be surprised if they weren't tailored. They do anything & everything to make a costume look perfect on a big budget film like Bond.
    DB6 wrote:
    Having looked at the trousers on the Sloop suit and comparing them with the suit in the London Film Museum (Bond in Motion), I wonder if the costume department have tailored the legs on the suit to make them a slimmer fit/narrower in the leg.

Any thoughts?
    Just paid my customs bill of £182 !!! :# from the stag delivery , finally getting my jackets tomorrow.
    DB6 what was the process to try and get some back if possible , really appreciate your help on this.
    cheers

It was very straightforward thankfully.

Download and fill in the form BOR286 from here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/vat-customs-dutyimport-vat-relating-to-imports-by-post-bor286

On the form say why the calculation is wrong ie you paid less than they’ve used to calculate it with. Include the customs labels and shipping labels from the box along with printed receipts or emails showing what you actually paid. Post it off and wait a few days for happy news!

Let me know if you need further clarification -{
  • SevenDSevenD Posts: 97MI6 Agent
    Noi wrote:
    Fred007 wrote:
    JTM wrote:

Are they trying to say the R&B henley (assuming that's what "American fashion underwear" is referring to) is not the "authentic" SA one ?:) This brand seems convinced one of their pieces made the cut but it really doesn't seem to be the case.

It looks like they're trying to boost their sells here !!! They don't SAY it's their clothes, they just submit it could be..... :v

Agree! and if it's true I'm real sorry to make this post! :# wasn't my intention to cause confusion! but their formulation on instagram isn't fair! "Bond wears our three button vest..."
    I think they deleted their posting in IG. At least I can’t find it anymore.
    Thanks DB6 i'll give it a shout, so regret ordering 2 jackets now :(
    DB6 wrote:
    cheers

Download and fill in the form BOR286 from here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/vat-customs-dutyimport-vat-relating-to-imports-by-post-bor286

On the form say why the calculation is wrong ie you paid less than they’ve used to calculate it with. Include the customs labels and shipping labels from the box along with printed receipts or emails showing what you actually paid. Post it off and wait a few days for happy news!

007 reporting for duty
  • SevenDSevenD Posts: 97MI6 Agent
    SevenD wrote:
    Noi wrote:
    Fred007 wrote:

It looks like they're trying to boost their sells here !!! They don't SAY it's their clothes, they just submit it could be..... :v

Agree! and if it's true I'm real sorry to make this post! :# wasn't my intention to cause confusion! but their formulation on instagram isn't fair! "Bond wears our three button vest..."
    I think they deleted their posting in IG. At least I can’t find it anymore.
    I received their long sleeve henley. Unfortunately no pictures so far...

But I can assure you guys: the henley is NEVER EVER the one in NTTD. It is nice, surely lacks the feel And quality of the Rag & Bone and has a very large open shoulder area.
    If it weren`t that cheap I would have returned it but the returning cost from Germany nearly equals the price of the shirt.
    I feel a little bit ripped of and angry about that kind of marketing strategy...
  • Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent
    DB6 wrote:
    cheers

I’ve finally found out the customs charges for my RgT jacket, though I can’t pay them yet as the jacket hasn’t left customs - yet another figure to add to the mix - £89.63 :(
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
  • k5211k5211 UKPosts: 164MI6 Agent
    Wow, thats shocking. Does any one know WHY the rate has been calculated so much ? I haven't even received mine from RGT yet, held by parcelforce for 2 weeks, nobody can tell me anything. Absolutely useless. Ordered on 6 December. Never, ever again.

DB6 wrote:

I’ve finally found out the customs charges for my RgT jacket, though I can’t pay them yet as the jacket hasn’t left customs - yet another figure to add to the mix - £89.63 :(
    k5211 wrote:
    Wow, thats shocking. Does any one know WHY the rate has been calculated so much ? I haven't even received mine from RGT yet, held by parcelforce for 2 weeks, nobody can tell me anything. Absolutely useless. Ordered on 6 December. Never, ever again.

It’s made up of import duties, VAT and a £12 charge from Parcelforce apparently...

I think I ordered mine about the same time as you so hopefully you should be hearing from them soon, though expect a similar charge :#
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    Shout out to Rivet n Hide. Recd their stock today and mine is arriving tomorrow...
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
    DB6 wrote:
    Very educational Cajun, thanks -{

Things have evolved since my military service!!
    And thank you for your service, Sir! -{
    I edit, therefore I am.
  • bosoxfanbosoxfan Posts: 611MI6 Agent
    Just saw that Stag Provision is showing that they have M L and XL in stock again for the Rogue Supply jacket.
  • ichaiceichaice LondonPosts: 594MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    Shout out to Rivet n Hide. Recd their stock today and mine is arriving tomorrow...

So tempted but the “handbrake” has been applied :(
    Yes. Considerably!
    BCFDRay wrote:
    Competition and people at the range that want every accessory on their ARs :D
    Sounds about right.

Next thing ya know, everyone will hafta put a competition red dot sight on their pistol. Oh, waitaminit... 8-)
    I edit, therefore I am.
    Admittedly I wasn't special forces but all we had were iron sights and a SUSAT sight........
  • Monsieur Le ChiffreMonsieur Le Chiffre LondonPosts: 148MI6 Agent
    With Corgi's recent unveilings are we right in assuming that Bond does not drive either the Superleggera (Nomi) or the Valhalla (Safin?) throughout NTTD?

May have been said before, apologies if so.

Screenshot-2020-01-08-at-15-32-44.png
    "Mr. Beech... or is that Bond? I am a little confused." | IG: @commanderbond_007
    so wished I waited for them this jacket will work out a lot more its been a nightmare.
    Stags service has been great, I'll customs system is laughable.
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    007 reporting for duty
  • UNCLE27UNCLE27 EnglandPosts: 1,118MI6 Agent
    With Corgi's recent unveilings are we right in assuming that Bond does not drive either the Superleggera (Nomi) or the Valhalla (Safin?) throughout NTTD?

May have been said before, apologies if so.

Screenshot-2020-01-08-at-15-32-44.png

You may be right.
    But these releases from Corgi just look like old models re-released in new NTTD packaging.
    I don’t think there’s any clues as to what might happen in the film there.
    so wished I waited for them this jacket will work out a lot more its been a nightmare.
    Stags service has been great, I'll customs system is laughable.
    007JBDCMWR wrote:

You and me both, and yes Stag have been good this is no reflection on them. My jacket arrives tomorrow, then the small business of getting that customs rebate...
    If you managed to get the 25% discount from Stag once the customs rebate comes in it does work out a smidge less than Rivet and Hide - but nothing worth shouting about! May be a couple of £........
    Cheers DB6, yes I got the full 25% off from Stag, so will definitely claim- better in my pocket than theirs ;)