No Time To Die wardrobe: possible spoilers

Comments

• chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,155MI6 Agent
    nice one db6 , thanks for the heads up.
    I too got that discount but my custom charges are higher due to quantity of 2 no doubt.
    perhaps we could have a sticky thread to help everyone as there be quite a few of us i reckon.
    well done

DB6 wrote:
    **UK Customs charge on RGT jacket update**

Got a letter back from Border Force today and they have reassessed the customs charges due on my RGT jacket from Stag Provisions in the US. For reference, I got it using the 15% discount and Stag very kindly refunded me the difference between that and their 25% off sale price (awesome customer service!). I was originally charged £101 in customs charges by Border Force. Wrote to them using the correct form along with the labels from the package (showing what they'd based their charge on, declared value etc) and email evidence of what I'd actually paid.

They have responded with a refund of £21.75 :)

By my reckoning this brings the actual price to a smidge under the £280 that Rivet and Hide are charging but not really enough to warrant the hassle although at least there wasn't too much of a wait for restock etc.

Happy to share any further details or how to apply for the refund if needed but its pretty straightforward.
    007 reporting for duty
  • NoiNoi Posts: 705MI6 Agent
    Fred007 wrote:
    JTM wrote:
    SevenD wrote:
    Response from them on their IG page

286-D6-D09-3-D36-4-DA7-94-B5-0-CF478-B47699.jpg

Are they trying to say the R&B henley (assuming that's what "American fashion underwear" is referring to) is not the "authentic" SA one ?:) This brand seems convinced one of their pieces made the cut but it really doesn't seem to be the case.

It looks like they're trying to boost their sells here !!! They don't SAY it's their clothes, they just submit it could be..... :v

Agree! and if it's true I'm real sorry to make this post! :# wasn't my intention to cause confusion! but their formulation on instagram isn't fair! "Bond wears our three button vest..."
  • cmdr_bongcmdr_bong AustraliaPosts: 202MI6 Agent
    Paperbill wrote:

Holy moly! Two of my favourite things combined into one!!!! My prayer has been answered
  • M.lucaM.luca Posts: 16MI6 Agent
    Hello there, I want to share with you my latest purchase: Outdoor Knitwear woolly jumper in navy. It lacks the strings on the collar but other than that it seems a good alternative to the SA, one that I’m confident I will wear easily. I ordered a medium and I must say that the fit is very tight.

93-D8-DED6-1742-414-C-A1-C3-B0-E0-EAB64414.jpg

Ciao

• UNCLE27UNCLE27 EnglandPosts: 1,118MI6 Agent
    M.luca wrote:
    Hello there, I want to share with you my latest purchase: Outdoor Knitwear woolly jumper in navy. It lacks the strings on the collar but other than that it seems a good alternative to the SA, one that I’m confident I will wear easily. I ordered a medium and I must say that the fit is very tight.

That looks more Olive Green than Navy Blue... B-)
  • _Stocks_Stocks EnglandPosts: 391MI6 Agent
    bosoxfan wrote:
    My Rogue Supply jacket arrived today (grateful I don't have to worry about customs charges :) ). After emailing back and forth with Stag and because the XL was available and the XX was not, I went X. It measures very close to the same as some of my other jackets with the exception of the measurement right under the arms which is definitely smaller. It feels good unbuttoned but pretty snug buttoned. For those of you that have been wearing yours for a bit, did you experience some fairly significant stretch? Did you do anything specifically to speed up the stretching? I wondered about putting it in the dryer for a bit and then wearing it buttoned up. I really don't want to go XX as I'm afraid the sleeves and the body will be too long. I also wonder based on the weight of it how often I would button it up anyway. HELP
    KH

I recently received the knockoff and I started off wearing mine while lounging on the couch buttoned and unbuttoned - then I wore it to bed buttoned - a little warm, I didn't need a blanket lol
    It has definitely loosened up and broken in quickly by doing this

Wow, wearing it to bed - that’s dedication for you! I’ve found that wearing the RGT (and I’m guessing it’ll be the same with the frugal alternative) as often as possible is the key. Body warmth and movement have made mine soften and fit around my body and I’ve stopped being protective of it now - I sling it over my shoulder and rough and tumble it a little now and it just fits better each time. These things were made to be worn and enjoyed
    Murder | Employment.
  • ichaiceichaice LondonPosts: 594MI6 Agent
    edited January 2020
    Hardly SA but I just managed to snag a Rogue Territory Supply jacket in denim, Desert Wash colour :) -{
    Yes. Considerably!
  • M.lucaM.luca Posts: 16MI6 Agent
    UNCLE27 wrote:
    M.luca wrote:

That looks more Olive Green than Navy Blue... B-)

Ciao

• k5211k5211 UKPosts: 164MI6 Agent
    Hmmmmm, i'll have to PM you on that. My jacket STILL hasn't arrived after ordering on the 6th of December, what a pain, never again. Parcelforce have been effectively useless and USPS were no better, both pointing at each other. I am fully expecting the jacket not to fit now and the bumper customs charge after the shoddy service. X-( Not a good experience. I should have gone to Rivet and Hide 8-)

DB6 wrote:

Got a letter back from Border Force today and they have reassessed the customs charges due on my RGT jacket from Stag Provisions in the US. For reference, I got it using the 15% discount and Stag very kindly refunded me the difference between that and their 25% off sale price (awesome customer service!). I was originally charged £101 in customs charges by Border Force. Wrote to them using the correct form along with the labels from the package (showing what they'd based their charge on, declared value etc) and email evidence of what I'd actually paid.

By my reckoning this brings the actual price to a smidge under the £280 that Rivet and Hide are charging but not really enough to warrant the hassle although at least there wasn't too much of a wait for restock etc.

Happy to share any further details or how to apply for the refund if needed but its pretty straightforward.
  • bosoxfanbosoxfan Posts: 611MI6 Agent
    Yea I don't know about wearing it to bed, but it seems that everyone is having the same experience so thanks to all who responded!

_Stocks wrote:
    bosoxfan wrote:
    My Rogue Supply jacket arrived today (grateful I don't have to worry about customs charges :) ). After emailing back and forth with Stag and because the XL was available and the XX was not, I went X. It measures very close to the same as some of my other jackets with the exception of the measurement right under the arms which is definitely smaller. It feels good unbuttoned but pretty snug buttoned. For those of you that have been wearing yours for a bit, did you experience some fairly significant stretch? Did you do anything specifically to speed up the stretching? I wondered about putting it in the dryer for a bit and then wearing it buttoned up. I really don't want to go XX as I'm afraid the sleeves and the body will be too long. I also wonder based on the weight of it how often I would button it up anyway. HELP
    KH

I recently received the knockoff and I started off wearing mine while lounging on the couch buttoned and unbuttoned - then I wore it to bed buttoned - a little warm, I didn't need a blanket lol

Wow, wearing it to bed - that’s dedication for you! I’ve found that wearing the RGT (and I’m guessing it’ll be the same with the frugal alternative) as often as possible is the key. Body warmth and movement have made mine soften and fit around my body and I’ve stopped being protective of it now - I sling it over my shoulder and rough and tumble it a little now and it just fits better each time. These things were made to be worn and enjoyed
    pretty good look!
    ichaice wrote:
    Hardly SA but I just managed to snag a Rogue Territory Supply jacket in denim, Desert Wash colour :) -{

fullsizeoutput-3b7d.jpg
  • Quentin QuigleyQuentin Quigley Terminal One, Hamburg AirportPosts: 1,162MI6 Agent
    Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
  • DB6DB6 EnglandPosts: 1,196MI6 Agent
    It's pantomime season here in the UK and that picture just screams "he's behind you!!" to me.... :)

DC-NTTD.jpg
    My name has changed! I’m no longer dufus......now I’m DB6
    So....I'm guessing this is a fixed blade knife in some affixed scabbard ??

b9ca8cf9-afea-4c53-9403-695b78274e25-No-Time-to-Die.jpg
  • Quentin QuigleyQuentin Quigley Terminal One, Hamburg AirportPosts: 1,162MI6 Agent
    Nomi has one too, strapped to her chest. Check her character poster.
    Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
  • MFisherMFisher Posts: 746MI6 Agent
    Curious as to what is attached to the top of his left boot too...
    Seen - (hers) looks like something wardrobe has knocked up, cheap nylon scabbard. Time will tell. :)
    Nomi has one too, strapped to her chest. Check her character poster.
  • OSS117OSS117 Posts: 48MI6 Agent
    DB6 wrote:
    It's pantomime season here in the UK and that picture just screams "he's behind you!!" to me.... :)

That-s-It.jpg

That's IT !
    I was just thinking "he's right behind me isn't he"
  • Fred007Fred007 Posts: 466MI6 Agent
    k5211 wrote:
    Hmmmmm, i'll have to PM you on that. My jacket STILL hasn't arrived after ordering on the 6th of December, what a pain, never again. Parcelforce have been effectively useless and USPS were no better, both pointing at each other. I am fully expecting the jacket not to fit now and the bumper customs charge after the shoddy service. X-( Not a good experience. I should have gone to Rivet and Hide 8-)

DB6 wrote:

Maybe when the jacket will appear, you can refuse it, like this, no Customs fees and the jacket is shipped back to Stag where they refund you.....and then you place an order with Rivet and Hide.
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    Noi wrote:
    still no Side-Zip visible ;-(
    better-res.jpg
    source: USA Today
    https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/2754571001
    Easily my favorite look from the movie so far. So glad DC's Bond finally gets a proper tactical outfit. And it looks like the guard is using the same AK variant which was famously used by Bond twice in GE.
  • DB6DB6 EnglandPosts: 1,196MI6 Agent
    Thought I’d share this picture taken at Bond in Motion for anyone looking to get a blue ‘Matera’ shirt made as an alternative to the genuine Brunello Cucinelli. As you can see, it’s a pretty casual shirt, looks to me almost like a chambray or very soft twill fabric.

If anyone has already found a good alternative please let me know. (And if someone can tell me how to post bigger pictures I’m all ears too :) )

192-A29-AA-F7-C5-49-D4-A64-E-9-FACCE61704-E.jpg
    My name has changed! I’m no longer dufus......now I’m DB6
  • TennysonTennyson A View to a KillPosts: 606MI6 Agent
    k5211 wrote:
    So....I'm guessing this is a fixed blade knife in some affixed scabbard ??

b9ca8cf9-afea-4c53-9403-695b78274e25-No-Time-to-Die.jpg

It would be a nice touch if it were a Fairburn-Sykes Commando dagger
  • _Stocks_Stocks EnglandPosts: 391MI6 Agent
    M.luca wrote:

Grab 20% off a navy one (without the shock neck cord):
    https://www.outdoorknitwear.com/crew-neck/16-woolly-pully-nato-crew-neck-sweater.html#/colour-navy/size-s

UK AJBers, grab it for £35.20 with the discount code THANKYOU20
    Murder | Employment.
  • Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent
    DB6 wrote:

Thanks for the update, good news on getting a rebate however small. The status for my jacket has now been changed to “customs charges raised”, so no doubt I’ll soon get the letter requesting £101.

As I still don’t have my jacket in hand and given the imminent customs fees being levied, I’m already in agreement with you about buying stateside not being worth the hassle...
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,451MI6 Agent
    DB6 wrote:
    Thought I’d share this picture taken at Bond in Motion for anyone looking to get a blue ‘Matera’ shirt made as an alternative to the genuine Brunello Cucinelli. As you can see, it’s a pretty casual shirt, looks to me almost like a chambray or very soft twill fabric.

If anyone has already found a good alternative please let me know. (And if someone can tell me how to post bigger pictures I’m all ears too :) )

192-A29-AA-F7-C5-49-D4-A64-E-9-FACCE61704-E.jpg

What color are the buttons? Does anyone know?
  • MichaelLynadyMichaelLynady Posts: 39MI6 Agent
    _Stocks wrote:
    bosoxfan wrote:
    KH

Wearing it to bed wasn't that bad lol
    It did break it in nicely and now I'll just wear it normally
    Quick question on the Mil-tec gloves - do their sizes match up to Mechanix?
    Thanks
    bosoxfan wrote:
    Yea I don't know about wearing it to bed, but it seems that everyone is having the same experience so thanks to all who responded!

_Stocks wrote:

Wasn't that bad really - I'm just wearing it normally now