Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

Comments

• Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,759MI6 Agent
    He does have a very young child who I imagine he wanted to see.
  • Arbogast777Arbogast777 Minneapolis Posts: 252MI6 Agent

That assumes wife and child are in NYC...

That assumes wife and child are in NYC...

Sure. This is all supposition. I’m not privy to the man’s personal schedule. But we all know he and his family reside in New York.
    F7-E38899-A6-EA-42-AE-9835-929-BD63518-B9.jpg
  • emtiememtiem SurreyPosts: 5,708MI6 Agent

I think when you know how a story is going to go before you even read it, you know the papers have a weird grudge.
    Matt S wrote:
    Hopefully not much of the filming has been cancelled. It will probably resume in a couple weeks, or they will find a way to film other things or film around the injury. Daniel Craig gets injured on every Bond film.

We just don't want this to get to Rhythm Section territory. That was 7 months for a wrist and caused crew to go find other work...

Slightly fearmongery, but look at Fallout, where Cruise’s horrible ankle injury actually made the film better as the director had time to work out how the plot worked!
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    :)) Bond copying another action franchise by hurting his
    Ankle ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • zaphod99zaphod99 Posts: 1,415MI6 Agent
    HowardB wrote:

It wouldn't surprise me if Craig was actually injured. Hopefully, if true, it's not serious. It might be difficult, but they might be able to shoot some other scenes that don't involve Craig while he recovers. However I must say the rest of the story was the biggest pile of steaming bulls..t and negative spin I have yet to read regarding Bond 25. Gotta love the tabs.

Looks like he has been injured and it will cause some re scheduling. Remains to be seen what impact it will have. Its fairly well known that he had to tone down his action scenes in Spectre following the last injury. I felt it showed in the film but I dont know if it was because I knew it had happened. I was certainly more aware of stuntman use in places.
    Rest of article is just noise and the customary antipathy towards Daniel showing itself again. A very different story could have been told about his tenacity and determination. Reminds me of all that 'cant drive stick ' nonsense from back in the day.
    25 does seem to be suffering teething problems.
    Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
    Variety is now reporting production is delayed. They cite the Sun article, but Variety is a trusted source...

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/james-bond-25-suspends-shooting-daniel-craig-injury-1203214273/
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    Is it just me or do any of you have also a feeling that this movie might end up being the worse from all Craig's films?

Maybe it's because I'm more of a Marvel fan right now and everything works like a good oiled machine in Marvel Studios but the production of Bond 25 looks like a big mess from the very beginning... Even before they started shooting. I'm not a fan I was few years ago but still it's sad to see that Craig's tenure might end on a very low note.
  • bonded123bonded123 Posts: 291MI6 Agent
    edited May 2019
    Taking a guess, I think this injury will convince the Bond team to recast for Bond 26. We all know Babs worships Daniel but you have to be realistic. He's not getting any younger. Craig did have a serious knee injury making SPECTRE and that might have been a reason he was reluctant to return to the part? He might have feared another injury.

The newspapers have gone off Craig. The Daily Mail and the Sun - the two biggest UK papers - don't like him any more so they'll probably say he's too old and weak for the part. :D I wonder if Craig made some harsh comments about some press journalists and that's why the British press don't like him. Anyway, it's doubtful Craig will want to risk more injury if he returns in Bond 26 (three years older too) so for anyone wanting a new chap in the part, this injury (hopefully not serious) may be a blessing in disguise.

If the injury does delay shooting for some months I'm sure Eon/MGM can release Bond 25 in winter 2020. Revert back to the winter release date. As long as there isn't major competition on the week of release I'm sure Bond 25 will do good/great box office.
    MrZareba wrote:
    Is it just me or do any of you have also a feeling that this movie might end up being the worse from all Craig's films?

Maybe it's because I'm more of a Marvel fan right now and everything works like a good oiled machine in Marvel Studios but the production of Bond 25 looks like a big mess from the very beginning... Even before they started shooting. I'm not a fan I was few years ago but still it's sad to see that Craig's tenure might end on a very low note.

The pre-filming hype has been very negative but that's mostly due to the screenplay problems and getting rid of the director! When the first teaser comes out I'm sure things will be more positive. :) There's nothing to get too worried about. If Craig's injury is much more serious then it's worrying but, as I mention, the film can come out in winter 2020.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    It *might* be the media making a mountain out of a molehill

If you search twitter he “appeared” to be out and about in NYC on foot with the wife and baby / pram when he returned from Jamaica. Presuming this injury is correct then its prob just stunts that may hold him back at the moment if there is truth in this
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    He probably sprained his ankle and will be fine in two weeks. This is much ado about nothing. You think Connery never twisted his ankle? The difference is, back then there was no 24 hour internet news cycle to over-scrutinize and blow everything out of proportion for clicks.

I thought they should recast because I’m bored with CraigBond. They didn’t and it’s fine. Making films is messy. Don’t let the tabs take you for a ride.
    He may need a stunt man to do all his walking and running from now on. I think Craig can just about muster doing the acting. ;)

Pierce Brosnan got a permanent scar on his face during the filming of TND. As Bond says in that film "accidents do happen."
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,797MI6 Agent
    I think I'm more hopeful about Bond25 than I was for SPECTRE, in spite of the problems the production has run into. Perhaps the reason is the plot synopsis they gave us in Jamaica, much because the words "past" and "revenge" weren't used.
  • canoe2canoe2 Posts: 2,007MI6 Agent
    MrZareba wrote:

I think I don't know what kind of film it will be in the end. But I haven't read anything so far that makes me think it will be an absolute disaster. As for Craig's injury, it's an accident. They happen.

And Marvel runs like a well-oiled machine? Aside from the fact that they have the massive financial backing and administrative support of Disney (compared to the relatively small Eon), would you like to talk about Josh Whedon, Patty Jenkins, Edgar Wright, James Gunn? Or the actors who refuse to work with the studio again or the directors who wouldn't work with them in the first place? I love the Marvel movies as well. But it's not like problems on their productions are a rare thing.

For whatever reasons, I think a few people right now are reading gossip-based, half-baked, click-bait articles and using them to justify their negative feelings about Bond 25. Have at it.

Personally, I'm going to keep enjoying the little peaks behind-the-scenes we've been getting and wait until I see the final movie before passing judgement on its quality.
    The Daily Mail must hate Craig. Baz Bamigboye (the paper's long term showbiz guy) has a quote from an insider:
    ‘She’s writing a re-write of a re-write,’ a film-making source told me of Waller-Bridge’s recent involvement in the project. Daniel’s writing. Cary’s writing. The crew reckon they’re working on a well-polished s*** show.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7012949/BAZ-BAMIGBOYE-Bond-25-script-endlessly-written.html?fbclid=IwAR2qIkVYl88iV-gDJvUqmEW33oww3T3Q1BjoTcPEaLp6ZlVgqfPt6XlAF-A

I think that's going too far. That's the sort of stuff a bitter old Bond fan might say because he doesn't like the Craig films but the Daily Mail is a national newspaper with a big online readership. I think the paper should be a tad more impartial. Calling the screenplay a shi*show is harsh.

If this is true it's because Craig has too much power. It's been alleged he has control over script, casting, what type of drinks are allowed during lunch break. :D He's gone power mad. Why, I wouldn't be surprised if he has final say over the title. Operation: Danger Mission - is his alleged title. Yeah, I think that's cool, Dan! Go for it. ;)
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    bonded123 wrote:
    Taking a guess, I think this injury will convince the Bond team to recast for Bond 26. We all know Babs worships Daniel but you have to be realistic. He's not getting any younger.
    It's his last Bond film so they're going to have to recast for Bond 26 anyway.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    bonded123 wrote:
    Taking a guess, I think this injury will convince the Bond team to recast for Bond 26. We all know Babs worships Daniel but you have to be realistic. He's not getting any younger.

It's not his last until the next Bond is cast.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • ShatterfangShatterfang Posts: 538MI6 Agent
    Eh, he has knee problems. He pulls something every movie, except Spectre because that was mostly vehicle stunts and no running around. He shouldn't jump around so much.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I think even in Spectre, a stuntman did some running
    For him
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    bonded123 wrote:

That's true but him and others seems to have hinted at it more then enough by now.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,335Chief of Staff
    I think even in Spectre, a stuntman did some running
    For him

viewtoakill4.jpg

Shocking.
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    When the final edit of Bond 25 is completed and if EON truly believes that they have an outstanding film on their hands, they should title the film: "Craig's Final Revenge: Kiss My Short, Craggy, Blond Bond Arse". Sorry, I couldn't resist :)) :v
  • KladdaghKladdagh FrancePosts: 117MI6 Agent
    Was the injury true or false ? ...
    The production is really delayed or not ?
    I don't get it ... 8-)
    ~Never Let Them See You Bleed~
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,797MI6 Agent
    Kladdagh wrote:
    Was the injury true or false ? ...
    The production is really delayed or not ?
    I don't get it ... 8-)

It's nice to see a member of AJB from France. Welcome :007)
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Matt, it’s true that it’s not his last until the next Bond is cast. But given the current gap between films, Dan will be likely be 56 when the next one is being filmed - the same age Sir Roger was when Octopussy was released, and he got a lot of stick from the press about being too old for the role.
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    bonded123 wrote:
    Taking a guess, I think this injury will convince the Bond team to recast for Bond 26. We all know Babs worships Daniel but you have to be realistic. He's not getting any younger. Craig did have a serious knee injury making SPECTRE and that might have been a reason he was reluctant to return to the part? He might have feared another injury.

The newspapers have gone off Craig. The Daily Mail and the Sun - the two biggest UK papers - don't like him any more so they'll probably say he's too old and weak for the part. :D I wonder if Craig made some harsh comments about some press journalists and that's why the British press don't like him.

They hacked his phone. For some reason they then turn against their own victims as if it was their fault in the first place.
    I find it interesting how many folks read these pieces and either fall for them completely or still feel that Craig has brought it on himself in some way (and that he’s too old). I guess that’s the effect of the press: people believe it when it’s written down.
    bonded123 wrote:
    The Daily Mail must hate Craig. Baz Bamigboye (the paper's long term showbiz guy) has a quote from an insider:
    ‘She’s writing a re-write of a re-write,’ a film-making source told me of Waller-Bridge’s recent involvement in the project. Daniel’s writing. Cary’s writing. The crew reckon they’re working on a well-polished s*** show.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7012949/BAZ-BAMIGBOYE-Bond-25-script-endlessly-written.html?fbclid=IwAR2qIkVYl88iV-gDJvUqmEW33oww3T3Q1BjoTcPEaLp6ZlVgqfPt6XlAF-A

I think that's going too far. That's the sort of stuff a bitter old Bond fan might say because he doesn't like the Craig films but the Daily Mail is a national newspaper with a big online readership. I think the paper should be a tad more impartial. Calling the screenplay a shi*show is harsh.

If this is true it's because Craig has too much power. It's been alleged he has control over script, casting, what type of drinks are allowed during lunch break. :D He's gone power mad. Why, I wouldn't be surprised if he has final say over the title. Operation: Danger Mission - is his alleged title. Yeah, I think that's cool, Dan! Go for it. ;)

‘She’s rewriting a rewrite’ is an odd complaint. Isn’t it pretty standard for a film script to go through a number of drafts?
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:

That's true but him and others seems to have hinted at it more then enough by now.

But today someone hinted that it may not be his last: https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/bond-25-daniel-craig-naomie-harris-cast-replacement-next-007-a8912856.html
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits