Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

Comments

• HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    005 wrote:
    Her other show, Killing Eve, is also brilliant and might be a better representation of what she'd bring to Bond, considering it's about spies, assassins and conspiracy, and is filled with strong female characters.

But remember she only wrote series one.

No doubt she's a talented writer and specializes in the dark humor that I think works very well for Craig's Bond. Better written female characters will only make NTTD a better film. Hopefully Waller-Bridge's writing will make the return of Madeleine Swann more of a positive. It should be interesting to find out what has transpired between her and Bond in the five years since they met and how all that figures into the story. Lea Seydoux at 34 looks less girlish and less of a mismatch with Craig and Waller-Bridge can give her more depth and gravitas.
  • JG007JG007 Manchester , United KingdomPosts: 276MI6 Agent
    As many have speculated on MI6Com a potential trailer drop today. Frustratingly feels unlikely now due to no BBFC news or certification. I’m pretty sure you can’t release a teaser trailer without them certifying it first?.....
    On the theme of getting things on 25th of the month, will will get a Matera video blog at least or teaser poster? I feel we need something today to keep the momentum around the film. I’m really hoping we get something today!! Of course wish it was the teaser and hope still to maybe get Friday as this is still in time to be attached to Joker. Feels like an eternity since the Jamaica video blog and we haven’t really had anything like that since (officially).

I’ll be shocked and disappointed if they don’t jump on the opportunity to attach the teaser to Joker, seems a no brained to me and most on here and MI6 -{
  • SomeoneSomeone Posts: 1,544MI6 Agent
    edited September 2019
    Today is the average period of time between the start of filming for DC's films and when those films' teaser trailers dropped, 153 days.

The last two films, Spectre and Skyfall, had durations of 112 days and 200 days. 112-days would have been 15 August and 200 days is 11 November; unlikely as that is remembrance (Veteran's) day in the UK.

I doubt we're getting anything today [checks internet]. Global James Bond day, 5 October (163 days after Bond25 Jamaica filming began) is a good option. But, I'm not so sure being attached to the Joker release date is likely. Joachim Phoenix? Is he a bigger movie star than Brad Pitt? Why not Ad Astra? Yes, Joker has got a lot of social media buzz, but isn't it a film primarily aimed at the superhero movie segment, however indie film-like it maybe? And why not Will Smith's Gemini Man, out on 11 Oct.?

Yes, the teaser will run with some film or another eventually, but personally I don't see a big name big budget movie coming out anytime soon that covers the wide demographic that Bond movies cover, from the 16-24 crowd, to families, to the retired. The NTTD teaser will drop when it drops, but I can't see it dropping after mid-November; simply because of the timing needed for the actual trailer and subsequent trailers leading up to the final six week marketing push that will likely start in early March.
  • writingsonthewallwritingsonthewall SpainPosts: 417MI6 Agent
    Sound as your logic is, Someone, the thirst and hunger for some meaty news is there. And, given that Omega has, let us say, fired the gun on the promotional material (even if OHMSS related) it's only natural for fans to begin being nervous.

Personally I can't help but remember my many viewings of QoS's first trailer, the speculation, the running into AJB, discovering David's web... fond memories. Trailers are always one of my favourite moments of a Bond release.
    "Enjoy it while it lasts."
    "The very words I live by."
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,132MI6 Agent
    Someone wrote:

Thaks for the link.

This is an interesting development. Doubling for Norway or Scotland perhaps?
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
    Here are some pretty big fall releases that could possibly have a Bond teaser attached to them (it also helps that all these films will have IMAX releases...which is where IMO the first trailer will drop). Gemini Man 10/11 (Will Smith action flick w/ Ang Lee pedigree);
    Terminator: Dark Fate 11/1 (the return of Arnold, James Cameron and other original cast members); Midway 11/8. There's also the new Star Wars film but that's not out until 12/20.
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    Sir Miles wrote:
    005 wrote:
    Her other show, Killing Eve, is also brilliant and might be a better representation of what she'd bring to Bond, considering it's about spies, assassins and conspiracy, and is filled with strong female characters.

That's the one I saw, and it was aces! B-) I'm looking forward to her input on Bond.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
    This Baz Bamigboye story about Phoebe Waller Bridge writing future Bond films would appear to be further evidence that my two film theory is going down in flames... :))
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7509401/Fleabag-star-Phoebe-Waller-Bridge-wooed-help-write-future-James-Bond-film.html

But. I find some of the text a little strange. Baz wrote, "...for Bond 26, which is still years away." Well, yes, even the most casual film goer knows it takes years to make a film.

And then: "No Time To Die opens here on April 3 next year; and heaven only knows when the next Bond after that will go into production. But Waller-Bridge is being asked to join the Bond family and contribute. How much she’ll actually work on Bond 26 will depend on who directs it. Will Cary Joji Fukunaga return or will it be someone else?"

Heaven only knows? I think we can all guess it's going to go into production at the earliest 2022, or maybe as late as 2024. And that seems a long wait for someone who is 'joining the family'.

The article also seems at pains to point out that Bond26 would have a new Bond actor.
    "One thing’s for sure, though: there will be a new actor to play the complex British intelligence officer. Craig has said No Time To Die will be his last outing as 007. ‘Yes, he’s saying this is his last movie as Bond, sadly,’ Broccoli told me back in April." What DC actually says when he's asked is, "I think so." Not exactly categorical.

It just seems to me to be a very strange article to write, essentially it is saying, at some point in the future Phoebe Waller Bridge might write the Bond film if the director of it wants her too. I know it's the Daily Mail and bad journalism is its raison d'etre, but Baz Bamigboye is usually one of the better ones. Anyway, I found this article strange. Feel free to disagree. :D

And the article does include a possible spoiler.
    it says PWB wrote scenes involving genetic warfare.
    Someone wrote:
    This Baz Bamigboye story about Phoebe Waller Bridge writing future Bond films would appear to be further evidence that my two film theory is going down in flames... :))
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7509401/Fleabag-star-Phoebe-Waller-Bridge-wooed-help-write-future-James-Bond-film.html

But. I find some of the text a little strange. Baz wrote, "...for Bond 26, which is still years away." Well, yes, even the most casual film goer knows it takes years to make a film.

And then: "No Time To Die opens here on April 3 next year; and heaven only knows when the next Bond after that will go into production. But Waller-Bridge is being asked to join the Bond family and contribute. How much she’ll actually work on Bond 26 will depend on who directs it. Will Cary Joji Fukunaga return or will it be someone else?"

Heaven only knows? I think we can all guess it's going to go into production at the earliest 2022, or maybe as late as 2024. And that seems a long wait for someone who is 'joining the family'.

The article also seems at pains to point out that Bond26 would have a new Bond actor.
    "One thing’s for sure, though: there will be a new actor to play the complex British intelligence officer. Craig has said No Time To Die will be his last outing as 007. ‘Yes, he’s saying this is his last movie as Bond, sadly,’ Broccoli told me back in April." What DC actually says when he's asked is, "I think so." Not exactly categorical.

It just seems to me to be a very strange article to write, essentially it is saying, at some point in the future Phoebe Waller Bridge might write the Bond film if the director of it wants her too. I know it's the Daily Mail and bad journalism is its raison d'etre, but Baz Bamigboye is usually one of the better ones. Anyway, I found this article strange. Feel free to disagree. :D

And the article does include a possible spoiler.
    it says PWB wrote scenes involving genetic warfare.

But isn't Bond 26 being filmed concurrently with Bond 25?.....how could Baz not picked up on this? 8-) :s :))
    HowardB wrote:
    Someone wrote:

But isn't Bond 26 being filmed concurrently with Bond 25?.....how could Baz not picked up on this? 8-) :s :))

Standards have fallen so much, even Baz isn't immune. Sad. :))
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,795MI6 Agent
    edited September 2019
    I also found a couple of things in the article noteworthy:

James Bond is called "complex". Has anyone ever called Ethan Hunt a complex character? :007)

And this is interesting:
    ‘Phoebe’s contribution was great — far greater than we’d anticipated. She’s the saviour of Bond, really,’ I was told. ‘She was across the entire script.’
  • ichaiceichaice LondonPosts: 594MI6 Agent
    After 50 days odd years of Box Office Gold I don’t think Bond needs to be “saved” 8-)
    Yes. Considerably!
  • 005005 Posts: 138MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    005 wrote:

Season one was better than two. So that’s good.
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    For those interested in Phoebe Waller-Bridge, she's be the guest host of Saturday Night Live on Oct 5th.
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    Mr Martini wrote:
    For those interested in Phoebe Waller-Bridge, she's be the guest host of Saturday Night Live on Oct 5th.

Maybe she can write something actually funny. Heaven knows that the SNL writers can't.
  • CRC007CRC007 Posts: 31MI6 Agent
    Hi all,

Sorry if this has been asked before but ever since the DB5 had been confirmed and we've seen all of the Matera photos using all of those DB5 stunt cars it's been bugging me... will there actually be at least one real DB5 onscreen. A genuine 1960s Aston powered DB5 as we saw in Skyfall.

It detracts from it all for me sitting in the cinema when we finally see the film if all we actually are seeing is a replica DB5 powered by a BMW engine with modern suspension.

I understand that these are needed for the action scenes but as a classic car fan I would love to know that what we see some of the time is at least the real thing.

I guess the less action oriented scenes and interiors will be using a real Aston?
    CRC007 wrote:
    Hi all,

Sorry if this has been asked before but ever since the DB5 had been confirmed and we've seen all of the Matera photos using all of those DB5 stunt cars it's been bugging me... will there actually be at least one real DB5 onscreen. A genuine 1960s Aston powered DB5 as we saw in Skyfall.

It detracts from it all for me sitting in the cinema when we finally see the film if all we actually are seeing is a replica DB5 powered by a BMW engine with modern suspension.

I understand that these are needed for the action scenes but as a classic car fan I would love to know that what we see some of the time is at least the real thing.

I guess the less action oriented scenes and interiors will be using a real Aston?

Real DB5's are getting more scarce and going up in value every day. As a Bond fan and fan of vintage cars, I am actually happy that they are using mock-ups and not the real thing. Here's a cautionary tale. While this involves a very valuable vintage guitar rather than an automobile...in The Hateful Eight, Martin Guitars loaned a very rare and valuable vintage Martin guitar to the production. In a very unfortunate mix up, in the scene where the guitar is destroyed, the real vintage guitar was used instead of the "stunt guitar" and destroyed. I would hate to see anything happen to a real vintage DB5. My advice to you, take a deep breadth and don't fret over over something that if you didn't know about, would not be an issue. I am amazed at how many meaningless things folks can come up with to potentially make them unhappy with this film. :( :))
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,759MI6 Agent
    It would be insane to use a real DB5 for an action scene. Even for a scene like the one on Goldeneye. Especially since 99.95% of the audience won’t even know that it’s a replica.
  • ggl007ggl007 SpainPosts: 388MI6 Agent
    Today we've known German and Spanish official translations of NTTD. Perhaps that means something... :007) -{
  • CRC007CRC007 Posts: 31MI6 Agent
    Oh don't get me wrong I dont have a big problem with the use if the replicas. I understand it! I just wonder if they will be using at least one genuine DB5 for the safer scenes and interiors.

I've got really high hopes for the film and from what I've seen it looks really good.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    CRC007 wrote:
    Oh don't get me wrong I dont have a big problem with the use if the replicas. I understand it! I just wonder if they will be using at least one genuine DB5 for the safer scenes and interiors.

I've got really high hopes for the film and from what I've seen it looks really good.

Sure they took real ones to Matera so think your fine!!!

Guess its a bit of a downer knowing too much / seeing all the behind the scenes stuff but its hard to resist looking :)
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    welshboy78 wrote:
    CRC007 wrote:

Sure they took real ones to Matera so think your fine!!!

Guess its a bit of a downer knowing too much / seeing all the behind the scenes stuff but its hard to resist looking :)

That's why I have sworn off the spoilers thread. Don't want to know too much. We've waited long enough for this film and I want to get the full effect when I plunk down my $18.00 for either IMAX or Dolby Cinema....or both :) .
    Well I presume they are finishing off behind closed doors at Pinewood for the next month. I think overall we have learnt little about the film apart from Matera. Overall they have done a good job keeping us puzzled and guessing.

Just hope the trailer doesnt reveal everything :D
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Well I presume they are finishing off behind closed doors at Pinewood for the next month. I think overall we have learnt little about the film apart from Matera. Overall they have done a good job keeping us puzzled and guessing.

I don't think we will get much more plot wise than we already know from the trailer / trailers. I would imagine they may give us Bond in retirement in Jamaica and the call back to action along with a pastiche of short action clips but without any real context except may be some allusions to death for the first teaser trailer. I agree, they are really keeping things under wraps, especially anything involving Rami Malek.
  • armenianmoviemanarmenianmovieman The 818Posts: 674MI6 Agent
    ggl007 wrote:
    Today we've known German and Spanish official translations of NTTD. Perhaps that means something... :007) -{

Can it be what I think it means?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Felling%20BurschvilleCustomFellingOhnsorgHDEnclosed.jpg

If released Friday, it'd get one HELL of a large audience with Joker.

It'd certainly be a hell of a way to get some buzz going!
    Yes. Consssssiderably.
    I don't want to upset anyone but, searching the BBFC website I found that;

The BBFC decision for the Spectre teaser was 18 March 2015, but it wasn't released until 27 March released, 10 days between them.
    https://bbfc.co.uk/releases/spectre-2015

The BBFC decision for the Skyfall teaser was 10 May 2012, but it wasn't released until 21 May 2012, 11 days later.
    https://bbfc.co.uk/releases/skyfall-film-0

So, based on that, the NTTD teaser can't be appearing soon, not for 10-12 days at least.
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,450MI6 Agent
    HowardB wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:

I don't think we will get much more plot wise than we already know from the trailer / trailers. I would imagine they may give us Bond in retirement in Jamaica and the call back to action along with a pastiche of short action clips but without any real context except may be some allusions to death for the first teaser trailer. I agree, they are really keeping things under wraps, especially anything involving Rami Malek.

I don't know how they avoid dealing with Madeleine. They can't not show her after Spectre.
    Someone wrote:

The BBFC decision for the Spectre teaser was 18 March 2015, but it wasn't released until 27 March released, 10 days between them.

The BBFC decision for the Skyfall teaser was 10 May 2012, but it wasn't released until 21 May 2012, 11 days later.

So, based on that, the NTTD teaser can't be appearing soon, not for 10-12 days at least.

Have a gut feeling something is happening soon - maybe another internet teaser or something.
    Someone wrote:

Based upon those dates, my guess would be the likely candidate for the first NTTD teaser would be Gemini Man on 10/10/19.
    - It's a big action/event film w/ Will Smith
    - Gemini Man is a PG-13 in the States (bigger audience exposure than Joker which is "R" rated)
    - It is having an IMAX run (I think the first teaser will be IMAX only initially).