bond-25-B25-16764-RC-rgb.jpg

bond-25-B25-17531-RC2-rgb.jpg

bond-25-B25-25594-R-rgb.jpg

bond-25-B25-31842-RC2-rgb.jpg

bond-25-B25-36645-RC2-rgb.jpg
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:
    A man can dream.

A man can ignore the casting of Lea Seydoux , announced months and months ago :))

Well quite a few people were assuming she may be back just for the PTS in which she gets killed (OHMSS style) or just leaves Bond. If either of those things had happened the rest of the movie could’ve played out as a stand alone piece with little reference to any previous film.
    Not a lot would’ve guessed she’d be around for most of this film (judging from the trailer) as well as having what looks like a personal history that drives the plot (the stuff with the masked man on the ice and the young girl—if that even is Madeleine?).
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,759MI6 Agent
    JTM wrote:
    Barbel wrote:
    A man can dream.

A man can ignore the casting of Lea Seydoux , announced months and months ago :))

Well quite a few people were assuming she may be back just for the PTS in which she gets killed (OHMSS style) or just leaves Bond. If either of those things had happened the rest of the movie could’ve played out as a stand alone piece with little reference to any previous film.
    Not a lot would’ve guessed she’d be around for most of this film (judging from the trailer) as well as having what looks like a personal history that drives the plot (the stuff with the masked man on the ice and the young girl—if that even is Madeleine?).

Lea Seydoux is a high caliber actress. You don’t bring her back just to kill her in the first five minutes. And simply writing her out after the way Spectre ended somehow makes Spectre an even worse film. They’ve played their only sensible hand by tying the plot to Madeleine in a way that doesn’t just make it about revenge.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Really excited after watching the trailer, looks great. -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • zaphod99zaphod99 Posts: 1,415MI6 Agent
    Trailer does look very good. Craig in fine fettle. Would have loved a standalone film (Bump Seydoux off in the PTS) but that was never going to happen...
    Im hoping that this can redeem Spectre in some way. Motorbikes and machine guns worry md a bit, but based upon what we can see feeling much more optimistic
    Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
  • JTMJTM Posts: 3,027MI6 Agent
    JTM wrote:

Lea Seydoux is a high caliber actress. You don’t bring her back just to kill her in the first five minutes. And simply writing her out after the way Spectre ended somehow makes Spectre an even worse film. They’ve played their only sensible hand by tying the plot to Madeleine in a way that doesn’t just make it about revenge.

I agree. They’ve given Madeline a meaningful personal background that actually has a strong relevance (from what it looks like) to the overall plot—something that is very rare for a “Bond girl”. It’ll be very interesting to see the personal dynamics between Madeline and Bond in this one. The trailer scenes with both characters in the car and in the prison hallway show it hasn’t been the smoothest ride for their relationship between films.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,795MI6 Agent
    Has any of the 007 podcasts commented on the teaser yet?
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    Have any of the 007 podcasts commented on the teaser yet?

Mine is coming out soon. There will be a lot by the end of the day.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • Dirty PunkerDirty Punker ...Your Eyes Only, darling."Posts: 2,587MI6 Agent
    edited December 2019
    I just saw the trailer and I must say it's the most anti climactic thing I've ever seen. There's no rhythm to it and the music is incredibly lacking, not to mention that the lines feel spliced together with nothing making much reasonable sense.

The fact that Freddie Mercury recites Gustav Grave's line about dreams almost verbatim has me worried, but Bond's line is brilliant. He looks so tired and worn out in this, I actually liked that...but I sure hope the 00 agent angle is played off of correctly.
    Madeleine I hadn't even considered being a major plot driving factor, feels great to be back.

Action looks great, V8 Vantage making a reappearance seems to make some sense in it but the DB5's new gadgets feel very...I dunno...out of place in such a classic car?

There's something about this that feels GoldenEye and I feel that they have gone out of their way to please us. But to be honest the teaser rekindled my interest far more than the trailer has atm.
    a reasonable rate of return
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    It does the job: intrigues me and has me wanting to see the film.
    Vox clamantis in deserto
    I'm genuinely excited, though treading lightly. I've not read anything on the spoiler thread on purpose, so I'm gonna be a good boy this time :D
    I just saw the trailer and I must say it's the most anti climactic thing I've ever seen. There's no rhythm to it and the music is incredibly lacking, not to mention that the lines feel spliced together with nothing making much reasonable sense.

Not making sense is better than a trailer that makes sense and gives away the plot. I'm thankful for that.
    Matt S wrote:

Not making sense is better than a trailer that makes sense and gives away the plot. I'm thankful for that.
    Wish it didn't feel so pastiched though. Might just be me. But agreed, that's a welcome element to it
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    Im sure there's probably a similar publicity shot from Spectre too.
    Bondguns.jpg
  • Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent
    Speaking as a “less inclined” Craig fan (at least compared to who went before) I’ve got to say he’s looking more the part than ever in this trailer.
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
    Speaking as a “less inclined” Craig fan (at least compared to who went before) I’ve got to say he’s looking more the part than ever in this trailer.

Same for me.
  • CheverianCheverian Posts: 1,450MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:

Same for me.

He's going to win you over, Matt, on his way out the door.
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    Now that’s what I have been waiting for! Bond is back and so am I! That trailer does it for me. As others have pointed out, there are some elements that call to mind the “old school” Bond movies - cavernous settings, gadget-laden car, huge crew of uniformed henchmen (I’m assuming they’re baddies), villains with physical deformities, Felix Leiter (welcome back Mr. Wright!) All of that, plus Craig looking as cool and menacing as ever. Of course, a trailer can only tell so much about the quality of the actual movie (for example, I thought the trailer for Quantum of Solace was significantly better than the movie). That being said, I’m excited about NTTD and my butt will be firmly in the seat in April 2020. Later my friends!
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Really excited after watching the trailer, looks great. -{

I enjoyed the trailer too.

I actually stopped reading a lot of the NTTD news as it was just winding me up. However, after seeing the trailer it looks and feels like a Bond film, so all is good again.
    I too have tried to avoid a lot of information about the film....... roll on April
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Golrush007Golrush007 South AfricaPosts: 3,420Quartermasters
    Barbel wrote:
    Hi Bond fans, Eon here. Did you enjoy SPECTRE? Good, cos here it is again.

(I hope I'm wrong)

I suppose it was inevitable given the way this Daniel Craig era has developed that the fifth film was going to feel a bit like 'more of the same'. As they've set it up, everything has to be part of the bigger story so naturally lots of SPECTRE creeps into this one too. Something different that I like is that the Caribbean stuff gives us a more colourful look - the last couple of films have been lacking a bit of vibrancy in the colour palette, apart from maybe the Shanghai bit in Skyfall.

I've been optimistic about this film throughout its development, and I remain so after seeing the trailer. I'm sure that choices will have been made in the creation of this film that may not be entirely to my taste, but I am happy to accept that. My main wish is that this film would turn out to be the exception to the (probably debatable) rule that the last Bond film of each actor is the worst in his run. I think I've seen enough to suggest that NTTD might not be Craig's worst...in fact, in might even be rather good.
    NTTD is "more of the same" when it comes to digging into the past of central characters and the idea that all the Craig movies are connected. I hope NTTD is different when it comes to style, intencity and other ways.
    But I gotta admit, for what we've been getting for a decade plus, NTTD looks very exotic
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,322Chief of Staff
    Barbel wrote:
    A man can dream.

:)) :)) :)) Nice to see you back, HMHH!
    But I gotta admit, for what we've been getting for a decade plus, NTTD looks very exotic

The locations, sets and cinematography all make me excited for this film more than any for a very long time. These things historically were able to make people forget that Bond films have very little substance. So if there are any problems with this film's script, the visuals may be able to make people forget about that.
    New thought: Japan has snow and pine trees. It's unlikely, but possible, the frozen lake scenes are set in Japan.
  • 005005 Posts: 138MI6 Agent
    Paused the trailer in the scene in bonds house accident. There is a stack of books. Including zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance, some sailing and fishing books, and some others I can’t quite make out!
    DC's Bond seems very fond of Motorbikes, with QOS, SF and now NTTD having them
    in chases ;) , I'm suprised he doesn't have a few books on Diggers and construction
    Vehicles too :D
    005 wrote:
    Paused the trailer in the scene in bonds house accident. There is a stack of books. Including zen and the art of motorcycle maintenance, some sailing and fishing books, and some others I can’t quite make out!

"Birds Of The West Indies", obviously.
    Some Rex Stout, some Eric Ambler.
    Scarne on cards.
    Did anyone else notice that Blofeld's DoB is given as 1946, ie 10 years older than Christoph Waltz really is and 20+ years older than Craig/Bond? Seems strange. Oberhauser/Blofeld is supposed to be a few years older than Bond, fair enough, but not 20 years.

PS Golrush007 points out that Calvin has noticed this too.