Craig is back: Discuss Bond 25 here

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Perhaps after a Blofeld escape. Bellucci has more information to help 007 track him down ?
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • SomeoneSomeone Posts: 1,544MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm wrote:
    How many are going to be disappointed when/if Mendes is announced. Just asking :v Nothing sinister.

Mendes is supposed to be attached to a whole bunch of films that one assumes will be coming out in the next couple of years, precluding him from Bond25.
    http://collider.com/pinocchio-movie-sam-mendes/#live-action

But, you have made some very prescient comments before Asp9mm and so maybe Spectre is part of a wider story and we've been misdirected and Sam is coming back for a 3rd film...

Like other people, my only problem with Mendes is his choice of composer.
  • SomeoneSomeone Posts: 1,544MI6 Agent
    Perhaps after a Blofeld escape. Bellucci has more information to help 007 track him down ?

That sounds like Spectre all over again for her. Unless they have her for the first third of the film and kill her off, girl one of the three girl structure.
    Ok, idea submitted and imeditely shot down :)) I'll get my coat.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • PaperbillPaperbill FloridaPosts: 810MI6 Agent
    Oh well, if Mendes does come back, i can always save cash as I won’t need to buy the Thomas Newmann soundtrack a third time... :#

Excellent point!
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    Seems like it would be best to just start with a clean slate. Meaning no excess baggage carried over from Spectre. It felt like EON tried to ride the Marvel wave in Spectre by making it seem like it was all connected but ended up being extremely asinine because it was never planned that way from the beginning.
  • BondClothingBondClothing Posts: 351MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm wrote:
    How many are going to be disappointed when/if Mendes is announced. Just asking :v Nothing sinister.
    3823993_D-21_DC-4232-87_BB-_C9_A1_B698_DA24.jpg
    Lifestyle guide to the products and locations featured in the James Bond films.
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    Doubt it will be Mendes again. There are other names out there like Yann Damange and Paul McGuigan and possibly others who are flying under the radar screen.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,797MI6 Agent
    Movie directors flying under the radar screen...... what a lovely image. :))
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    There are hints that Felix Leiter will be back and as Bond said that Felix would take care of her in Spectre, she could pop up in the next one without being integral to the plot.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,580Chief of Staff
    HowardB wrote:
    Doubt it will be Mendes again. There are other names out there like Yann Damange and Paul McGuigan and possibly others who are flying under the radar screen.

A couple of years ago I was told there was more chance of Mendes returning than Craig - so I wouldn’t be shocked at all :))
    YNWA 97
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,759MI6 Agent
    If Mendes returns there’s a strong possibility I don’t even see it in the theatre.
    There are hints that Felix Leiter will be back and as Bond said that Felix would take care of her in Spectre, she could pop up in the next one without being integral to the plot.

I have posted about this for some time - Lucia Scarria should become Leiter's girlfriend.
    I too would give up an arm and a leg to get
    Close to her.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:

I have posted about this for some time - Lucia Scarria should become Leiter's girlfriend.

Bond would give Leiter his 'sloppy seconds'?
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    Asp9mm wrote:

With Tom Hiddleston in the lead role, no doubt -{
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • dr. evan-gelistdr. evan-gelist SheffieldPosts: 398MI6 Agent
    Hopefully Craig's last outing
    "You're in the wrong business... leave it to the professionals!"
    James Bond- Licence To Kill
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    It more then likely is, unfortunately.
  • StiffassBritStiffassBrit United KingdomPosts: 219MI6 Agent
    It more then likely is, unfortunately.

Was hoping there was going to be some truth to the Craig back to back rumours but sadly doesn't seem so. On the note of Mendes, I would love to see a new director. Someone with more content over style. IMO of course.
    I'm sorry......that last hand...nearly killed me
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    Well, the mystery continues. Villenueve appears to be out. My gut tells me that Wright returns as Leiter. Other than Craig returning for what should be his last, a script by Purvis and Wade (at least a first treatment, Bond scripts historically go through a lot of hands before they get up on the screen) and an official late fall 2018 release date, that's about all we know. Back into Bond limbo we go.
  • Dirty PunkerDirty Punker ...Your Eyes Only, darling."Posts: 2,587MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    Number24 wrote:

Bond would give Leiter his 'sloppy seconds'?
    Well, James and Alec shared...everything.
    Absolutely everything.
    To the victor went the spoils. To the loser went the sloppy seconds.
    a reasonable rate of return
    edited November 2017
    Since Bond has taken many villans' "sloppy seconds" in the past, so I don't think this will be an issue.
    Do any of you know this source?
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent
    Deadline? It's a leading trade publication.
    Good. Perhaps we can expect something official about the distributor and director soon then?
    From the sounds of that article, you're going to hear about a distributor this week. With the film two years away, I bet you don't hear about a director for another several months.
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Yes I'm not hopeful about major news until middle of next year, I was never worried about a distribution deal being made.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    Asp9mm wrote:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/sam-mendes-exits-disneys-live-action-pinocchio-1057750

SONOFA
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Asp9mm wrote:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/sam-mendes-exits-disneys-live-action-pinocchio-1057750

SONOFA

20171114_173252.jpg
    It was either that.....or the priesthood