The Future of Bond

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    They WILL find another Bond, they've done it before, several times ;)
    I think they know what they're doing.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,797MI6 Agent
    I'm convinced EON cares who will be the next Bond. Weren't you convinced Hiddleston is the next Bond, sir Miles? He'll be around 41 for Bond26 and not yet too old.
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    I think there must be strong indications that Eon's ownership of the franchise might have an expiration date - and I don't mean the 2034 expiration of their exclusive film rights to the character.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • caractacus pottscaractacus potts Orbital communicator, level 10Posts: 3,945MI6 Agent
    didn't they go to a lot of bother to get control of the Thunderball/McClory rights?
    why would they do that if they only had another one or two films left before losing the original rights they already held?
    I mean, its very nice for us fans its all been consolidated
    but for the Brocolli kids, there'd be no incentive to spend all that money
    I'm sure the film we now know as SPECTRE would have been just as financially successful even without Blofeld and his cat
    Getting rights back for Blofeld & the SPECTRE organization is like making improvements to your house before putting it on the market, in a sense. If Eon sells, it's a more enticing property with those rights as well.
  • OakvaleOakvale Pennsylvania Posts: 155MI6 Agent
    didn't they go to a lot of bother to get control of the Thunderball/McClory rights?
    why would they do that if they only had another one or two films left before losing the original rights they already held?
    I mean, its very nice for us fans its all been consolidated
    but for the Brocolli kids, there'd be no incentive to spend all that money
    I'm sure the film we now know as SPECTRE would have been just as financially successful even without Blofeld and his cat

He is referring to the British copyright on Ian Fleming's novels and Bond material running out in 2034. The Fleming estate has trademarked the name James Bond and others, though, which adds a fairly solid layer of protection.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,585Chief of Staff
    Number24 wrote:
    I'm convinced EON cares who will be the next Bond. Weren't you convinced Hiddleston is the next Bond, sir Miles? He'll be around 41 for Bond26 and not yet too old.

I think they may have a passing interest, but nothing more...a better indication will come when the new distribution partner is announced...and how long that contract is...
    I hope it is Hiddleston - I'll pick up a packet from the bookies :))
    YNWA 97
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 SwitzerlandPosts: 870MI6 Agent
    Let's hope there will be a new actor at all because BB will chase Craig again and it will take two years again. Hello DC Bond in 2023.
    Dalton Rulez™
    :)) He could end up not only beating Sir Roger's record but Lazenby's too. :p
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    I agree BB will want Craig back, but I don't expect him to return in Bond26. He has made in very clear in public that he won't and I belive that.
    Perhaps he could Direct Bond 26 ? ;)
    Craig has said so many things already that never came/were true.
    He'll return for the money, again.
    And probably because of his non existent film career outside of Bond.
    Dalton Rulez™
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    Agree. Prob only chance of DC doing Bond 26 is if 25 & 26 is shot back to back.
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    I'm not really comfortable making absolute proclamations, as I'm not gifted with precognition, but I can envision a back-to-back shoot as a possibility. In addition, all Bond tenures come to an end.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    Well we have had hint of back to back shooting from a lomgstanding member with inside sources so will guess wait and see {[]
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,344Chief of Staff

So did Connery and Moore. It shouldn't be held against him.
  • OakvaleOakvale Pennsylvania Posts: 155MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:

So did Connery and Moore. It shouldn't be held against him.

Yes, it's called leverage. B-)
    I don't hold it against him, if he does it for the money then be it. Connery did that too and I love DAF to no end.

But it's still true, he can't be trusted with what he says. In 2020 he may as well be fit enough and want a good paycheck again and BB will take him back until he has to be carried from the sets.

Of course it's entirely possible EON finally gets a grip again and will promote Bond 25 as Craig's farewell and make a huge marketing campaign out of it. It would generate extra BO galore, that's for sure. Would be nice if this era ended with another 850 million USD BO.
    Dalton Rulez™
  • MooresflaresMooresflares Posts: 30MI6 Agent
    Obviously the world annilanation stuff has been done but they could still do the bio weapon plot as it's still really sinister, particularly if they do remake ohmss, the rogue nuke storyline still has legs in it too, the tech thing has been done in sky fall and spectre
    Yes, internet and information has been done too often. I actually think a plot about destroying the world or large parts of it would be welcome now.
    I was thinking just the other day, with a story about how some sausages have been
    infected with hepatitis
    http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/health/uk-supermarket-infected-thousands-hepatitis-13508306
    What if instead of a mistake. Some terrorist group infected the food supply with something ? :v
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    A physically imposing villain (like a Terry Savalas) with a fiendish plot to hold the world to ransom would be brilliant. Small-scale threats and Dominic Greene-type villains just don't provide enough conflict to create sufficient suspense IMO.
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    I agree, your Hero is only as good as the Villain he has to defeat. -{
  • zaphod99zaphod99 Posts: 1,415MI6 Agent
    They WILL find another Bond, they've done it before, several times ;)
    I think they know what they're doing.

I suspect that they have their eye on a few possibles at any given time.
    Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
    Absolutely, and it's great to see so many contenders about -{
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Well we have had hint of back to back shooting from a lomgstanding member with inside sources so will guess wait and see {[]

You've said this nice about me, welshie :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    I don't hold it against him, if he does it for the money then be it. Connery did that too and I love DAF to no end.

But it's still true, he can't be trusted with what he says. In 2020 he may as well be fit enough and want a good paycheck again and BB will take him back until he has to be carried from the sets.

Of course it's entirely possible EON finally gets a grip again and will promote Bond 25 as Craig's farewell and make a huge marketing campaign out of it. It would generate extra BO galore, that's for sure. Would be nice if this era ended with another 850 million USD BO.

I think that in some days, you'll see that this is wrong on so many levels ;)
    And don't you love DAF just because of Jill St. John? :v
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • VesperMelogranoVesperMelograno The SouthPosts: 901MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    And don't you love DAF just because of Jill St. John? 
    Lets be honest. No one can like St. John for her acting skills. She has other assets.
    I've always wanted to have Christmas in Turkey
  • Sword Of DamoclesSword Of Damocles Posts: 17MI6 Agent
    He'll return for the money, again.
    And probably because of his non existent film career outside of Bond.

If it's non existent it's because he has chosen that route. I doubt he is short of film offers. All of the four principle (ie 4 or more films) Bond stars have had or continue to have film careers, and have been able to chose whether to pursue them or not.
    Timothy Dalton never really had that option, and of course George shot himself in the foot.
  • Dirty PunkerDirty Punker ...Your Eyes Only, darling."Posts: 2,587MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    And don't you love DAF just because of Jill St. John? 
    Lets be honest. No one can like St. John for her acting skills. She has other assets.
    Not very well hidden ones, though ;) ;).
    But then again, she has a terrible tempahh which leads us to the assumption that the cons outweigh the pros (or do they ;) ;))
    a reasonable rate of return